Forbes Ranks The Highest Paid Stand-Up Comedians

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #1
14404 pageviews
80 comments

Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,195 | Props total: 19776 19776
Forbes Ranks The Highest Paid Stand-Up Comedians

Via WWW.Forbes.com

No. 1: Jerry Seinfeld
$32 million

Seinfeld’s invincible star power earns him top touring-dollars for the large crowds he pulls, and the veteran’s take-home cut of each show is higher than any other comedian on our list. Still, what helps keeps the king of comedy on top of FORBES’ rankings are the several million syndication dollars he earns each year from Seinfeld reruns. Not bad for a show about nothing. His latest project: “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” Seinfeld’s Internet series of web interviews with comedians, in cars, getting coffee.
No. 2: Terry Fator
$24 million

Reality show victors rarely find career longevity after cameras cut, but ventriloquist Terry Fator has been an exception since he (and his puppets) won America’s Got Talent in 2007. In the past year, Fator has performed more than 200 shows – more than any other comedian on our list – thanks to his five-year contract with Las Vegas’ Mirage Hotel, reportedly worth $100 million.
No. 3: Russell Peters
$21 million

Thanks to YouTube and a massive global following, Peters is still one of the world’s most successful touring comedians. The Canadian-born joker has performed at sold-out concerts from Madison Square Garden to London’s O2 Arena, where his 2008 show broke an attendance record of over 16,000 fans. But Peters’ remaining challenge is conquering the American fan-scape.
No. 4: Jeff Dunham
$19 million
Merchandise revenue can be a sizeable part of a comedian’s earnings, but Jeff Dunham, who topped this list in 2010, takes it to the next level with an estimated several million in merch profits – more than the ventriloquist gets from DVD sales. His fifth comedy special, Minding the Monsters, premiered last fall, while 2013 saw him branch out into feature film voice work with anime flick From Up on Poppy Hill.
No. 5: Louis C.K.
$16 million

The mastermind behind the Emmy-winning Louie is a risk-taker who has transformed the business with his lucrative ticket-distributing platform. Last year, he sold digital downloads of his comedy special directly to fans on his website, grossing $4.5 million in sales in just 45 hours. He took the same approach this year by charging $45 for a ticket to his show. Though C.K. admits cutting out the middlemen earns him less, it's proven that his fans will only love him more.
No. 6: Kevin Hart
$14 million

Hart's persona on his BET mock reality show Real Husbands of Hollywood is that of a man always looking to climb the ranks of Hollywood's A-list elite. Thanks to high-grossing gigs and multi-platinum sales of his DVD, Laugh at My Pain, which grossed over $8 million since its release, Hart is climbing FORBES' list as well. "Husbands" debuted to 4.1 million viewers. The comedian is also gaining attention in Hollywood with a roster of upcoming films and previous roles in hits like Think Like A Man and This Is The End.
No. 7: Larry the Cable Guy
$13 million

For a comedian who’s made a career of playing a redneck character with the Blue Collar Comedy posse, Larry the Cable Guy sure does plenty of white collar work: the former radio personality (real name: Daniel Whitney) took home a few million dollars this past year from tours and merchandise sales. Up next: lending his voice to the Blue Collar Boys’ animated series, Bounty Hunters.

80 comments for "Forbes Ranks The Highest Paid Stand-Up Comedians"

4 years ago '07        #2
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510 OP
space
space
$55,195 | Props total: 19776 19776

[pic - click to view]

No. 8: George Lopez
$12 million

He isn’t the only funny man on the list to have dabbled as an author, but Lopez, who’s written two books – including his most recent, I’m Not Going to Lie, is the only one making a ton of paper from his publishing endeavors. He’s also is a top earner in the endorsement category, thanks to partnerships such as his Punchliner Comedy Club deal aboard Carnival Cruise Lines, which set sail last year. Next up: Lopez will be making a TV comeback with his new FX series, Saint George.

[pic - click to view]

No. 9: Daniel Tosh (tie)
$11 million

The host of Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 may not have the star power of his network colleagues, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, but Tosh and his weekly Internet roundup show do outdraw them in the ratings. And when the comedian isn’t on your TV set, he’s probably infiltrating your other screens, as Tosh also has the list’s biggest social media following.

[pic - click to view]

No. 9: Gabriel Iglesias (tie)
$11 million

When he’s not touring his stand-up act across the country, Iglesias helps up-and-coming comedians get their start on Stand Up Revolution, his Comedy Central showcase. The comedian’s DVD sales for comedy specials continue to boost his earnings – an impressive feat, considering the last one came out in 2009 – while small roles in films such as Magic Mike and voice work for Pixar’s forthcoming Planes round out his portfolio.

[pic - click to view]

No. 10: Ron White
$10 million

He’s best known as the cigar-smoking comedian from the Blue Collar group, but Ron White still finds success even after he went solo in 2003. His first comedy special DVD, They Call Me Tater Salad, went multi-platinum and earned one of the highest Sunday ratings in the history of Comedy Central. The bulk of White’s earnings – an estimated $8 million – came from his 100+ in the past year. He’s not slowing down anytime soon: White has many more gigs scheduled through 2014, with VIP packages available for his hardcore fans, the Rontourage.
 4 years ago '10        #3
Spartan 119 25 heat pts25
space
space
$3,719 | Props total: 1227 1227
So billy burr red face aint makin it/
 07-12-2013, 08:39 PM         #4
Kushton Slater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im surprised Russel Peters makes so much.
 4 years ago '10        #5
tallulahmademe 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,935 | Props total: 9203 9203
 mrwalterwhite69 said:
oh sh*t and i used to think n*ggas were the best in america
You know black people not running nothing. sad but true
 07-12-2013, 08:48 PM         #6
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shame Bill Burr ain't on there
 4 years ago '10        #7
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
bill burr>>>>>>>but ck
 4 years ago '05        #8
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Never liked half of those dudes
 07-12-2013, 09:39 PM         #9
NoIgnant005 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
half of those are overrated as fu*k ... the sheep eat it up though
 4 years ago '10        #10
kingjab7542 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 587 587
Surprised Steve Harvey isn't on this list. If he's still considered a comedian

Bill Burr is still underground for the most part. He needs to get a tv show but knowing his persona I doubt he even wants one

And for the people who are saying they don't like half of the dudes on here. Y'all know damn well being funny is less than half the battle of making money in the entertainment industry. Lopez hasn't been funny in about never years
 4 years ago '07        #11
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,631 | Props total: 16725 16725
Russell Peters sucks. Seen that n*gga live and hardly laughed. Aziz >>>

Hell even sugar sammy funnier than him.
 4 years ago '05        #12
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,617 | Props total: 13677 13677
 mrwalterwhite69 said:
What n*ggas are doing stand up these days? Not that surprising.
 4 years ago '07        #13
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2524 2524
I'm surprised I see all the Bill Burr love... I checked him just on the strength of the Chappelle Show and his whole body of work is slept on
 07-12-2013, 10:46 PM         #14
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Optimus Crime said:
I'm surprised I see all the Bill Burr love... I checked him just on the strength of the Chappelle Show and his whole body of work is slept on
can't remember which one it was but the one where he had the rant about Arnold had me
 4 years ago '07        #15
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2524 2524
 Cheeze said:
can't remember which one it was but the one where he had the rant about Arnold had me
Yeah... "Epidemic of Gold Digging wh0ores" was probably my favorite quote of the year... It's the same one where he was talkin about lotion
 07-12-2013, 11:27 PM         #16
JohnDoe B1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No. 2, 3, 4 and 9s are who again?

Never seen these mufu*kers before in my life
 4 years ago '04        #17
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
Jerry Seinfeld is still #1

If Wale actually makes that album with Seinfield, its a win of wins.

mrwalterwhite69 said:

black folks always forget all those states in between Cali & the eastcoast got white ppl in 'em.

Last edited by One-O-One; 07-12-2013 at 11:41 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #18
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
I'm surprised Seinfeld isn't worth like 9 figures by now. I'm a fan of most of these guys though, the list makes sense.
 07-12-2013, 11:54 PM         #19
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CadillacVyse said:
Russell Peters sucks. Seen that n*gga live and hardly laughed. Aziz >>>
AMEN!

Peter Russell comedy is predictable and nothing groundbreaking. Aziz is funny as fu*k, and hardly ever pulls the race card jokes to be funny.
 4 years ago '04        #20
izzy2024 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$939 | Props total: 13 13
Seinfeld, Louis, and (maybe) Tosh.

Everyone else on this list is a no talent hack who appeals to the dumbest parts of our country.

These 7 could all die tomorrow and not 1 good joke would go down with them.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy