Jay-Z Says The Internet Killed The Album Review

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
36 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #121
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
Actually short attention spans & the continuous need for instant gratification k!lled album reviews ...and almost everything intellectual for that matter.
 4 years ago '10        #122
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 PursuitProgress said:
Actually short attention spans & the continuous need for instant gratification k!lled album reviews ...and almost everything intellectual for that matter.
AMEN
 4 years ago '11        #123
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,860 | Props total: 5208 5208
Never played attention to reviewsbecajse I can form my own opinion

The album is trash....congrat to him and all his #newrules but that or any positive review will make it sound any better imo.
 4 years ago '04        #124
mighty_crown 
space
space
$161 | Props total: 0 0

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RKoXzQHLdFk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 4 years ago '04        #125
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,598 | Props total: 369 369
I listened to life is good once..... took cd out rip to my sd card put back in car and it get constant rotation.... same with Kendrick lamar, born sinner, god forgives I don't and Joe budden new cd and Jesus Piece ...... I listen to Kaye all day tried to make myself like it... now I don't even remember what folder it is in... maybe trash... j...snipets only... even that's wack.. I need to ride with someone else that's listening so ill be forced to sit through it without hitting next, next, next, eject
 4 years ago '08        #126
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,772 | Props total: 9037 9037
Jay is a black man's worst enemy. fu*king ****.
 4 years ago '10        #127
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,166 | Props total: 8201 8201
 Illuminati said:
Jay is a black man's worst enemy. fu*king ****.
For trying to show you how to be a King about yours?
 4 years ago '07        #128
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
only review that matters is mine you motherless boxden fu*ks, it will be out shortly listened to this disc 4 or 5 times, need to hear it 4 or 5 more

4 years ago '04        #129
Da_realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$946 | Props total: 1713 1713
The album is trash.... people dont realize that it was setup. Look at how fast it came out. Here is no real quality in it. It aas a front to have another platnium album, even though its trash. You think he cares about the reviews.
 4 years ago '13        #130
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
 1LynguisticMind said:
only review that matters is mine you motherless boxden fu*ks, it will be out shortly listened to this disc 4 or 5 times, need to hear it 4 or 5 more

AND THE AWARD FOR THE REALEST POST IN HERE GOES TO....Now I'm NOT waiting for his review BUT the ONLY review that should matter to ANYONE is their own!

Last edited by PursuitProgress; 07-12-2013 at 06:26 AM..
 4 years ago '10        #131
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
u kno somebody in the hood done forced jays thick lips on they d!ck sometime
 4 years ago '12        #132
sycomiko 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$2,052 | Props total: 1260 1260
 seattlelost said:
someones mad

young !
 4 years ago '12        #133
sycomiko 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$2,052 | Props total: 1260 1260
Nothing but childish opinions in this thread. I feel like a punk laughing at how dumb and closed minded your opinions are. Sorry yall
 4 years ago '10        #134
trill jackson 738 heat pts738
space
space
$18,853 | Props total: 13304 13304
the most important thing to look at when grading an album is shelf life. do you listen to it a couple of times and toss it aside, or do you keep going back to it over and over? the ones you play repeatedly are the special ones so of course you can't rate an album in one day
 4 years ago '06        #135
NYC-Banga 107 heat pts107
space
space
$13,521 | Props total: 3463 3463
 Teknishen04 said:
"You can't rate an album in a day after listening to it? He must mean, "Please stop sh*tting on my new album, listen to it over and over again until it grows on you and by the time you're used to it, you'll forget how bad it really sucks."

This n*gga Jay....

Sometimes, he says the dumbest sh*t. If you want someone to listen to your album, you expect them not to rate it? Makes no sense....

The
he's right.

my first listen of yeezus i was like WTF?...my 2nd listen i was still WTF?

my third listen a few days later it started to grow on me a bit and i begun to appreciate it more.
 4 years ago '06        #136
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Teknishen04 said:
"You can't rate an album in a day after listening to it? He must mean, "Please stop sh*tting on my new album, listen to it over and over again until it grows on you and by the time you're used to it, you'll forget how bad it really sucks."

This n*gga Jay....

Sometimes, he says the dumbest sh*t. If you want someone to listen to your album, you expect them not to rate it? Makes no sense....

The

It must have been garbage.
 4 years ago '12        #137
diggins1272 
space
space
space
$558 | Props total: 2 2
The internet did not k!ll the album review. The whack a.ss album did.
Like it or not the people have spoken up not a lot of people feel Magna Carter Holy Grail because it is inferior to a lot of older albums. The sh*t just sucks and no were are not hating on Jay-z it is what it is sh*t had two songs one that was dope one that was ight and the rest was straight doo doo Hershey squirts. Instead of worring about the review process take yo a.ss back to lab and come out with a dope project
 4 years ago '12        #138
diggins1272 
space
space
space
$558 | Props total: 2 2
n*ggas make trashy albums and want you to listen over and over till it grows on you I remember when albums were bagging the first time you heard them and you kept listening not just for it to grow on you but because THE sh*t WAS JUST GOOD. Rap has fallen off hard
 4 years ago '07        #139
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
A lot of smart dumb n*ggas in here. It's not that you can't get an idea for whether or not you like an album in a day; it's that the Internet is a race to pump out the first opinion. We went from album reviews in a day to people live-tweeting their reactions as they listen. People are in a hurry to share their opinions before formulating them. Look at how people treat albums here: download, run a 5-minute skimthrough for beats and hooks, cherry pick joints for the iPhone, and do it again once the next ZippyShare file is done. There's no absorption.

What Jay did differently with MCHG is distribute lyrics before the album dropped. By extension, he facilitated these knee-jerk reactions. Part of the criticism and review process, at least back in the day, is/was to interpret lyrics for their merit. People had lyrics before they heard the song in his case, so they were able to say it was mediocre before there were properly tagged versions on the net.

Last edited by KeithHernandez; 07-12-2013 at 11:07 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #140
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 diggins1272 said:
n*ggas make trashy albums and want you to listen over and over till it grows on you I remember when albums were bagging the first time you heard them and you kept listening not just for it to grow on you but because THE sh*t WAS JUST GOOD. Rap has fallen off hard
By the same token, albums used to bang when The Source handed down a five-mic review before it dropped. I remember not giving a fu*k about Aquemini until word came down that The Source called it classic.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
76 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kill Order Martial Arts Film Trailer
14 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
108 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy