Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
261 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #101
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
 KoolBreeze said:
he's right about the internet k!lling reviews. every muthafu*ka wants to be a music critic. everybody thinks they have the best taste is music or listen to everything so they know whats good. i dont fu*k wit reviews anymore.

as far as judging an album in a day, i agree. u cant do it. when chronic 2001 came out i copped it and sat in my room and listened to it from front to back straight through. i loved it....but as i kept listening to it, i liked it more and more. imagine listening to get rich or die trying, the black album, ready 2 die just once....just one time and judging it
truth... NOT to mention This day in age...Everything I grew up being taught NOT to do, its rewarded now...snitching and "whistleblowing" is rewarded, dudes wearing leggings, its COOL to HATE and kids dont show respect to elders now...all the things i grew up seeing as things NOT to do..its the opposite now and accepted...everyone is a troll just so they can have something to say to get 100 likes or 100 comments...
 4 years ago '04        #102
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
It's not the internet, it's music reviews in general that are a joke. Music critics are just glorified Boxden members with a bigger podium. I'll never understand how one's opinion can be anymore important than the next person's and why there are publications that some of y'all live and die by.

To each their own.
 4 years ago '13        #103
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38332 38332
 RYLNYC said:
It's not the internet, it's music reviews in general that are a joke. Music critics are just glorified Boxden members with a bigger podium. I'll never understand how one's opinion can be anymore important than the next person's and why there are publications that some of y'all live and die by.

To each their own.
 4 years ago '05        #104
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Sniggit said:
Did you not catch the end of what i said? "Im not saying what he said was wrong"

No I didnt listen to the interview, i read what was put on the OP

And ive never said a review aint sh*t, id like to see you find anytime in my life let alone BX when ive said that

Again, my reasoning for stating what I did

"People are writing a review in a day. First of all, you can’t listen to an album and rate it in a day. It’s just impossible…And when I see that I’m like ‘Oh, so this is all just bullsh*t."

Sounds like hes salty at some of the first day reviews, otherwise why would he say it

After all if a trash album came out which the majority of people thought was trash, and on day one the reviews said it was trash and a month later they still thought it was trash, even a year later. Are you saying that the first day reviews are wrong since you cant rate it in a day? No. Thus my reasoning, i aint reaching for sh*t. To say someones opinion or rating of something is not valid, and is bullsh*t just because of a timeframe is illogical, NOT logical. These arnt facts we are dealing with these are opinions dude

So he obviously hasnt liked some of the responses from the first day reviews
you cant have it both ways. you cant say "i never said jay was wrong" and then say "i never said reviews arent sh*t" when thats what he is saying

and im sorry but to some may just be common sense that you need to give an album a few spins before you can give what is considered an accurate and in depth perspective on a piece. thats one of the reasons imo that people dont take reviews as seriously, i know its one of mine

because the thing is when you write a review there is suppose to be a certain credibility that goes to it. you arent dealing in fact and that doesnt matter, because you are dealing in publishing things that other people will see, there is a responsibility that comes with that.

so when you are writing a review you are basically saying "i have THOROUGHLY examined this piece and as a result you should have a vested interest in what i write/say"

damn i typed too much
 4 years ago '05        #105
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 2209 2209
Hes right ya know. Today we are bombarded with a ton of information and media every second that its hard to evaluate things properly. Theres a lot of newer music i absolutely hated untill i took time to really listen. In today's world our attention spans are very low, we get something fast, consume it and discard as quickly as possible.
 4 years ago '07        #106
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1337 1337
 KoolBreeze said:
he's right about the internet k!lling reviews. every muthafu*ka wants to be a music critic. everybody thinks they have the best taste is music or listen to everything so they know whats good. i dont fu*k wit reviews anymore.

[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]as far as judging an album in a day, i agree. u cant do it[/COLOR]. when chronic 2001 came out i copped it and sat in my room and listened to it from front to back straight through. i loved it....but as i kept listening to it, i liked it more and more. imagine listening to get rich or die trying, the black album, ready 2 die just once....just one time and judging it
So are you agreeing or disagreeing with jay-z's d!ck being in your mouth, because this is not a good example!? It sounds like you judged chronic 2001 after 1 listen and was right about it after more and more listens...
So what is your mothafukkin purpose?
 07-11-2013, 05:55 PM         #107
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
you cant have it both ways. you cant say "i never said jay was wrong" and then say "i never said reviews arent sh*t" when thats what he is saying

and im sorry but to some may just be common sense that you need to give an album a few spins before you can give what is considered an accurate and in depth perspective on a piece. thats one of the reasons imo that people dont take reviews as seriously, i know its one of mine

because the thing is when you write a review there is suppose to be a certain credibility that goes to it. you arent dealing in fact and that doesnt matter, because you are dealing in publishing things that other people will see, there is a responsibility that comes with that.

so when you are writing a review you are basically saying "i have THOROUGHLY examined this piece and as a result you should have a vested interest in what i write/say"

damn i typed too much
none of that disputes what I said in reply to you though. everything I said was right. I stated jay was salty which he must be in terms of what i said

I used his quotation as a means of proving what I said, which to be honest I cant see how anyone could disagree. What I was arguing was the fact he must be hurt in some kind of way to respond in such a motion

I dont get your first bit, i never said jay was wrong and I never said reviewers aint sh*t, in response to the way you disputed my argument. Thus I never said either, so I can have it both ways because I never said such things

You are saying you have to give an album a few spins for a perspective, so you are saying that a intellectual mind cannot do that in a day? let alone a few hours? If someones taste means they know they will not like it after the first spin, even if they are credited as being one of the best reviewer on the planet, are you saying that a person with the same taste cannot take that reviewer seriously?

If this was science id agree, as it needs to be thoroughly examined for a proper analysis to be respected. But this aint science, its music. And some people just know when they dont like it and they have every right to voice their opinion as to why not

Ah I get it, so youre saying that jay said basically reviews aint sh*t. Thus their opinion does not matter. So from that hypothesis only his opinion would matter and nothing else that is published as a review? Seems a bit egotistical and salty to me ( im not on about his review btw im on about what you just stated in your first paragraph, since you quoted me about the reviewers aint sh*t then saying thats exactly what he said )

4 years ago '11        #108
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
I ain't never been the biggest Jay fan but, he is telling the truth. I never understood how someone can just listen yo an album in a day and just review it. The internet has truly breeded a sh*tload of wannabe "critics". A true fan of music in general is gone at least give an album a few spins before judging the sh*t.
 4 years ago '10        #109
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8298 8298
If you're really critiquing a work of art such as an album, you can't critique it off of one spin. In one spin you don't grasp every lyric. In one spin you can't grasp the album as a whole body of work.
 4 years ago '07        #110
kold107 
space
space
space
$548 | Props total: 20 20
his fu*king sh*t beat selection is what k!lled the album, nothing else.
 4 years ago '11        #111
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
No matter how many times I listen to somthing if I don't like it that won't change if anything it will give me new ways to express how much I don't like it. So in other words it could be worst big pimpin.
 4 years ago '06        #112
Doe Sun 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$796 | Props total: 354 354
did OP say less smarter?
 4 years ago '05        #113
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Sniggit said:
none of that disputes what I said in reply to you though. everything I said was right. I stated jay was salty which he must be in terms of what i said

I used his quotation as a means of proving what I said, which to be honest I cant see how anyone could disagree. What I was arguing was the fact he must be hurt in some kind of way to respond in such a motion

I dont get your first bit, i never said jay was wrong and I never said reviewers aint sh*t, in response to the way you disputed my argument. Thus I never said either, so I can have it both ways because I never said such things

You are saying you have to give an album a few spins for a perspective, so you are saying that a intellectual mind cannot do that in a day? let alone a few hours? If someones taste means they know they will not like it after the first spin, even if they are credited as being one of the best reviewer on the planet, are you saying that a person with the same taste cannot take that reviewer seriously?

If this was science id agree, as it needs to be thoroughly examined for a proper analysis to be respected. But this aint science, its music. And some people just know when they dont like it and they have every right to voice their opinion as to why not

Ah I get it, so youre saying that jay said basically reviews aint sh*t. Thus their opinion does not matter. So from that hypothesis only his opinion would matter and nothing else that is published as a review? Seems a bit egotistical and salty to me ( im not on about his review btw im on about what you just stated in your first paragraph, since you quoted me about the reviewers aint sh*t then saying thats exactly what he said )

well my previous post disputed your point when i said he was asked a question. once again i dont understand how you can feel your so right when you have no context of what was actually said. you're kind of doing what we are talking about.

and you can give an album a few spins and have a perspective of it, imo that doesnt even need to take an intellectual. but when it comes to writing a review that will be published and viewed by people that take your opinion a little serious, NO, i dont feel (imo) you can give a THOROUGH review after a couple of spins.

i bolded what i did because writing a review isnt about what you LIKE. thats what its become and thats why they arent sh*t anymore (which goes to your last point). as of right now reviews are nothing more that what you do or dont like, the critical thinking and a.ssessment of the work is gone

like jay said reviews use to be done a while before the album dropped, so you're writing a review explaining why they should or shouldnt buy an album. you are suppose to give strengths and weaknesses and a critical a.ssessment of how the artist performed. IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, the reader isnt looking at your review for that. but thats what its become, nothing more than opinions and how the listener feels about an album, that the person that is looking at the review has already heard

so why does the review matter now? why is it sh*t? he didnt say there arent any good reviews, but how reviews lost significance, what exactly is egotistical about that?

Last edited by StateProperty88; 07-11-2013 at 06:37 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #114
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
 TheMindOf said:
He's right.

I've been saying this for years now. Especially with the advent of Twitter.

Nobody takes time to absorb and evaluate music anymore.

Everybody wanna be the first to give their opinion on an album now (especially a much anticipated one)

People be in such a hurry to join the conversation that they skimming through an album for the first time, all the while giving a dead serious evaluation of it's value and worth before they even fully understand what they're listening to.

A lot of people get paid no attention in real life, and this is their way to be a part of a conversation and have their opinion (worthless as it may be) heard.

The sh*t is off-putting to be completely honest.
^this
 4 years ago '10        #115
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
can't stand jay z

he's right though
 4 years ago '11        #116
panamaican 
space
space
space
$935 | Props total: 1295 1295
He's right and he's not the first person to say it.

Everyone can review an album these days and get it read by millions of people, regardless of if they have an ear for music. These people shape public perception. Additionally, I agree that you can't evaluate an album in a day.

First, your mood is going to be different day-to-day. That's going to change how you hear different songs. Second, part of what makes a great album is replay value - you can't judge replay value off a handful of listens. You need to hear it in the car, while you're walking, in the crib, etc.
 4 years ago '05        #117
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
People skim through music just like they skim through articles. Especially on this site

People rate the sh*t within 20 minutes of it leaking
 07-11-2013, 07:30 PM         #118
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dlettern said:
His logic is right though. How can you really judge an album after listening to it in a day? How can you even tell the replay value after a day?....music and movie critics are useless today. Why do we need them if we're getting the music the same time they do? How can their opinions possibly affect mine when we're listening to sh*t at the same time?.....How is Jay wrong?

Because Jay is mad the critics don't like his sh*t. I finally had a chance to listen to his album when it dropped on Tuesday and truthfully, the album just isn't that good and that n*gga is lying when he said that sh*t is top 4. The album wasn't garbage, but it doesn't hold that replay value and even after two days, it's one of those albums that I already know I never wanna listen to again. Maybe I'll listen to 4 songs, but the rest? I'm good. sh*t, Yeezus grew on me after the 2nd listen and there I knew two things: it was a great album and I knew the album was going to get heavy play. Even the two songs that I dismissed, now I like and I'm still bumpin that sh*t. After 7 listens of that new Jay... I can't do it and each time it just reminded why I didn't like it.

Plus, Jay sounds like every other artist when the reviews don't go his way. He either dismisses the importance of it or questions the merits of it. If his album was getting the universal acclaim that Yeezus got, do you think he would be expressing that same opinion? Reviews are good because it helps you decide from the good to the bad and today is even better, because you can collect all of those reviews and ultimately get a simply definitive score from gathering that info. To me, reviews are still relevant even more today because with all the albums that are being dropped, its hard to keep up with whats worth listening to or not. Plus, even if you come to these pages like boxden with Stans that lurked these pages, you never know if someone is truly being objective or not about an opinion, against a writer that just listens to the album and after listening to it, he can form an objective opinion.

But that's my take on it.
 07-11-2013, 07:43 PM         #119
PLATAOPLOMO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NOT a JAY-Z FAN .. But I THINK He is Right about YOU Cant REVIEW an ALBUM in a DAY .. UNLESS It is Just COMPLETELY GARBAGE or COMPLETELY CLASSIC ...
OTHER & MOST ALBUMS YOU Gotta Let Them MARINATE For a COUPLE DAYS BEFORE Giving a FINAL REVIEW
 07-11-2013, 07:45 PM         #120
PLATAOPLOMO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Have LISTENED to 2 SONGS off of MCHG .. So far & ... HEAVEN was ONE & I Thought it was GARBAGE ALL THE WAY ESPECIALLY THE BEAT & THE TITLE TRACK ..... HOLY GRAIL & I Though it was CLASSIC ALL THE WAY

If JAY-Z PAID $950,000 for THE BEATS on MCHG I HOPE He Only PAID $500 for THE HEAVEN BEAT (lol)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
128 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy