most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
33 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #61
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Taree said:
I still think Yeezus is a great album. Better than MCHG right now for me.
Easily..

But lord forbid anyone think for themselves
 4 years ago '09        #62
Kgdesign 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,012 | Props total: 957 957
He's right tho

I never read reviews before I listen to it first for myself. No reason to let someone else make my decision for me.
 4 years ago '04        #63
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,386 | Props total: 6413 6413
 TheMindOf said:
Easily..

But lord forbid anyone think for themselves
on the flipside you and jaymails whatever his name is kept posting that yeezus reviews for like a week
 4 years ago '05        #64
Tjerson 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 1 1
 Kgdesign said:
He's right tho

I never read reviews before I listen to it first for myself. No reason to let someone else make my decision for me.
This...and who cares what other people think of an album. I listen to it, so I have to enjoy it... not someone else! I mean it's nice that someone else likes an album you do, but if they don't...i'm still gonna listen to it!
 07-11-2013, 08:57 AM         #65
AJESUSPIECE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I get Jays point But if you going to drop a lyrically weak album like he just did that sh*t is not going to get better with time.... Beats get repetitive especially when you're half listening to a song because the lyrics aren't captivating. That's actually the best way to sum up MCHG I listen to it less every time I hear it.
 4 years ago '04        #66
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,450 | Props total: 1446 1446
i wrote a small review in a day for the album...but i let sh*t breath and then write a follow up. there should be three reviews... anticipation (leakers and snippets) inital (first time listening) and a month reveiw (so after u let it breath u return to what is most memorable and know why)
 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM         #67
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im sure a lot of people have been talking sh*t and ignoring what he says... but there is some truth in this statement... the fact that you cant review an album in a day, it's true... you can listen to an album and give an initial reaction, but to give an album a honest review you need to listen to it a couple times and let it sink it... that's how we knew albums were going to be classics before they came out back in the day, these reviewers listened to them more than once and didn't feel a rush to be the first to review something like they do nowadays.... sh*t, now it's like, fu*k, i'll listen to the first 30 seconds of a song and move to the next one... that's good enough for me.... sh*t, ive even seen motherfu*kers here posting a review of an album based on just hearing the fu*king choruses..... or worse yet, the dudes who read a tracklist and immediately call the album trash, and actually mean what they say.
 4 years ago '11        #68
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 justinjones said:

i been saying review in general don't mean sh!t. the publications got hidden agendas/biases. the average joe isn't much different. the only reason i watch the needledrop/dead end hip hop is just to hear their reasons for it..and to get some laughs out of it

but none of these professional reviewers didn't really hear an album more than maybe twice. like jay said its not like they had a couple of weeks to sit on it
I think since they're "pros" they have an uncanny ability to ascertain music better than the average hip-hop listener...

07-11-2013, 12:15 PM         #69
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so basically he isnt approving on some of the reviews hes read, when reviews are and always will be opinion based off of someones taste?

he sounds a lil salty
 4 years ago '13        #70
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38332 38332
dead@ the term "professional reviewer"

opinions are opinions, its just some fat eloquent nerd gets to paid to state his and some pretentious lames take them seriously because they can't fathom their own thoughts. Weak minded indviduals who change their opinions depending on what their favourite rapper says.
 4 years ago '10        #71
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 TheMindOf said:
Like I said in hear earlier, I read and respect the opinions of a bunch of publications.

sh*t, I got a few years worth of classic Rolling Stone Magazines under my bed as we speak.

The reason being (unlike most of n*ggas on this site) I listen to a sh*t load more genres of music than JUST Hip Hop. If you saw my vinyl collection you'd sh*t yourself.

I've also stated that I respect different publications because they give different perspectives on albums.

Sorry I like to read well thought out arguments and opinions on albums.

Sorry that the typical n*gga "This sh*t don't slap out the trunk" or "you can't ride to this sh*t in the hood" review doesn't do it for me

Why do you keep going on about this like it's some kind of achievement?

There's nothing special about listening to other genres of music, why do you feel it's such an accomplishment? It's normal. You seem to have to say it in every thread for no reason at all, it's very strange.

You do realise just because you say it over and over again it doesn't mean that other people don't listen to as much as you do, just means that they feel no need to voice it in every thread because, as I said, listening to other genres of music is normal. It's not an accomplishment.

As far as music collections, all I can say is I doubt I would be very impressed with yours. The fact that you feel you have to mention it so much screams of someone who wants to appear as if they do have wide ranging musical tastes but in reality doesn't at all.
 4 years ago '13        #72
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38332 38332
 Mocking Mind said:
Why do you keep going on about this like it's some kind of achievement?
There's nothing special about listening to other genres of music, why do you feel it's such an accomplishment? It's normal. You seem to have to say it in every thread for no reason at all, it's very strange.

You do realise just because you say it over and over again it doesn't mean that other people don't listen to as much as you do, just means that they feel no need to voice it in every thread because, as I said, listening to other genres of music is normal. It's not an accomplishment.

As far as music collections, all I can say is I doubt I would be very impressed with yours. The fact that you feel you have to mention it so much screams of someone who wants to appear as if they do have wide ranging musical tastes but in reality doesn't at all.
Its a form of insecurity to seem more "cultured"

Dude goes out of his way to tell us he wears skirts (kilts) and all types of sh*t to come across as a mini Kanye West wannabe.

He doesn't grasp we are on a rap music forum thus the topic of discussion revolves around rap music and not other genres, thus we don't talk about them, which doesn't mean we don't listen to them.

"If you could see the skirt i am wearing now", "if you could see my vinyl collection" , "i'm not a typical n*gga"

yadda yadda

4 years ago '04        #73
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
I agree with Jay.
 4 years ago '09        #74
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
It boggles my mind how people think this album is lyrically 'weak'. Sure, it's not Black Album or American Gangster Jay, but lyrically it's still very good.
 4 years ago '11        #75
DesolateOne 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
$3,780 | Props total: 66 66
 DSmith93 said:

no, he saying the credibility of reviews were different... you know back when the critics recieve the music first before everybody, and had a chance to let the album digest months in advance. that when people actually look forward to hearing the reviews and decide their hype for the album

but now its the instant gratification era, where the average joe can get the music before the guy from USA today get it, so everybody in a rush, and reviewing album a few hr after it come out

its quite logicial to see the point he's making, but since its hov everybody will find a way to trash him regardless of what was ACTUALLY said
Ok, I see the point being made here, but what's really being said? Before when all we had to rely on was reviews it's now ruined our listening experience to get it much quicker. I don't buy it. If you make a wack or subpar album, you're to blame, not the reviewer, not the consumer. Accept blame and defeat ( he did it with NaS, LOL!)
 4 years ago '04        #76
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,386 | Props total: 6413 6413
 DesolateOne said:
Ok, I see the point being made here, but what's really being said? Before when all we had to rely on was reviews it's now ruined our listening experience to get it much quicker. I don't buy it. If you make a wack or subpar album, you're to blame, not the reviewer, not the consumer. Accept blame and defeat ( he did it with NaS, LOL!)
he didn't say that. he just said it holds less weight because they have less time to let it settle in
 4 years ago '13        #77
mark610 
space
space
$176 | Props total: 62 62
I can agree somewhat with what he said, but to be fair some artist don't seem to be putting all that much "time" in putting the sh*t together.
 4 years ago '11        #78
DesolateOne 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
$3,780 | Props total: 66 66
 justinjones said:
he didn't say that. he just said it holds less weight because they have less time to let it settle in
I agree with that, thanks for clarifying.
 07-11-2013, 02:56 PM         #79
Gordon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can't properly review anything after one take on it, are y'all really that dense? Sure you can rate it, but any review you give on ANYTHING will surely be a lot more in depth and well thought out if you sit with it for a week or two, or a month, that's just common sense...
 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM         #80
Gordon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why you think so many albums got bad reviews and then went on to be considered classics or really great later on? How come a lot of sh*t grows on you over time, when at first you called it trash? How many times do you hear something new and because its new youre not sure if you like it or understand it yet, but later on you end up really enjoying it? Those things happen because first listen doesnt always do justice to the work for everybody..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
58 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
146 comments
23 hours ago