Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
32 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #41
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,178 | Props total: 8234 8234
He right tho, n*ggas hear the intro to an album and they already screaming classic. n*ggas hear the third song and they saying dissapointment.

I also hate when artist do song by song reviews too. Its a reason why its an album, GKMC is a perfect example, that whole album flow perfectly, you cant listen to it bouncing all over the place.
 4 years ago '11        #42
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 TheMindOf said:
n*gga don't be stupid.

If you read the initial post I talk about "the advent of Twitter" fu*king sh*t up..

The fu*k you think I was talking about there?

Since when does Rolling Stone or Pitchfork or any dominant publication use twitter as their main platform to give their reviews?

I been talking about regular n*ggas feeling like critics this whole thread.

If you had basic reading comprehension skills, or wasn't on my d!ck you would have been able to decipher that..

Forgot, this is boxden where even the "smart" n*ggas be dumb as fu*k
Absolutely LOVE it when you n*ggas play the intellect card

So let me get this straight, it's not even the personal reviewer that matters it's the respect of the publication? Never minding the fact that even those publications can hire people with less than reputable opinions but do so because of their elocution skills & interesting point of views.

Taking ALL of that into consideration, a person who knows nothing about hip-hop should be taken seriously when reviewing hip-hop just because they write for Pitchfork?

That's the kind of logic you're rocking with and have the nerve to play the "you a dumb smart n*gga" card
 4 years ago '11        #43
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
And I want oh so badly for you to act like P4K's reviews don't matter to you, there's PLENTY of evidence to the contrary.

You wanna play the sagacity game we can play that...
 4 years ago '10        #44
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Like I said in hear earlier, I read and respect the opinions of a bunch of publications.

sh*t, I got a few years worth of classic Rolling Stone Magazines under my bed as we speak.

The reason being (unlike most of n*ggas on this site) I listen to a sh*t load more genres of music than JUST Hip Hop. If you saw my vinyl collection you'd sh*t yourself.

I've also stated that I respect different publications because they give different perspectives on albums.

Sorry I like to read well thought out arguments and opinions on albums.

Sorry that the typical n*gga "This sh*t don't slap out the trunk" or "you can't ride to this sh*t in the hood" review doesn't do it for me

4 years ago '13        #45
Taree 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,337 | Props total: 4167 4167
 thegoldenhero said:
Woah i love Soundgarden one of my favorite bands but i don't know about all that it isn't even the best heavy metal album in the last 10 years.
I think it is, and it's not even close. Arguably better than Superunknown and Down On the Upside to me, and I know there's not an album in the last 10 years touching either of those (other than KA). Metal or not.
 4 years ago '11        #46
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Ever so sure of my discernment issues but you don't want to respond to what I said directly. This is why I love it when you n*ggas try to play me for stupid when you know better...
 4 years ago '09        #47
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,270 | Props total: 19373 19373
 Taree said:
I think it is, and it's not even close. Arguably better than Superunknown and Down On the Upside to me, and I know there's not an album in the last 10 years touching either of those (other than KA). Metal or not.
It's better then Down on the Upside imo...not as good as Superunknown tho

SOAD Mezmerize or Opeth Ghost Reveries are better metal albums imo so i don't agree with it being the best metal album in 10 years not even bringing up other genres.
 4 years ago '13        #48
Taree 1 heat pts
space
space
 thegoldenhero said:
It's better then Down on the Upside imo...not as good as Superunknown tho

SOAD Mezmerize or Opeth Ghost Reveries are better metal albums imo so i don't agree with it being the best metal album in 10 years not even bringing up other genres.
System of A Down and Opeth making a better album than Soundgarden?? Nah, not even close. I bet Serj would even tell you otherwise on that one lol. Vocally, lyrically, sonically...KA just has way more to it. It took a while to really sink in how good it really is for me. I mean, songs like Rowing,Eyelids Mouth, A Thousand Days Before, Black Saturday or Worse Dreams haven't been done before by a rock band. Ever. They came back after 16+ years and still pushed the limits of not just "metal" but music in general...and they nailed it. Creative brilliance at it's finest. They did the impossible. They shocked the world, and imo changed the game. with KA. I can't speak much on Opeth because I never got in to them, but Mezmerize isn't doing anything different than what I'm use to out of SOAD and the genre. Just doesn't do it for me.

But I'm also one of the few who thought DOTU is/was their best album. They somehow managed to keep getting better and more creative with each album, and even after 16 years apart they didn't stop with KA. Not to take anything away from the brilliance of their previous albums, but they've definitely outdone themselves with KA imo.

It'll be years down the road from now before people really realize what they did with this album. It was the same with DOTU.

Last edited by Taree; 07-11-2013 at 07:23 AM..
 07-11-2013, 07:20 AM         #49
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
His logic is right though. How can you really judge an album after listening to it in a day? How can you even tell the replay value after a day?....music and movie critics are useless today. Why do we need them if we're getting the music the same time they do? How can their opinions possibly affect mine when we're listening to sh*t at the same time?.....How is Jay wrong?
 07-11-2013, 07:22 AM         #50
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People were reviewing this sh*t on boxden 20mins after it leaked, sh*tty quality and all.... #JAYZLAUGH
 4 years ago '11        #51
DesolateOne 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
$3,780 | Props total: 66 66
 Taree said:
Seen Soundgarden live 2 times in the past couple of years, and Cornell solo 2 times live in the past couple years.

Easily the greatest artist and band of our time, if not ever imo. Easily. It'll change your views on what music is really about. Makes it hard to listen to anything else.

King Animal is the best album I've heard in the last 10+ years. And they made that after being apart for more than 16 years.
The highlight for me was listening to him sing "Fell on Black Days" acoustically.

An artist spends months/years creating an album that took you 3 hours (that's about 3 spins) to judge? You guys think that's fair? That really is bullsh*t. You aren't even grasping the half the album in 3 hours.
Define fair? Should I spend an equal amount of time listening to it before forming my opinion? We're talking people talking over beats here, it's not rocket science.

4 years ago '13        #52
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38463 38463
 Retro said:
Reviews matter

*Jay says they don't...

Word I've been saying this for years

These fugazy n*ggas keep exposing themselves every day b

amazing,some dudes have an epiphany soon as jay opens his mouth, they went from fanboying reviews/critics and talking about how esteemed some of these big magazines and newspapers were and now these same flip floppin lames are saying the opposite

hov really runs their life

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 07-11-2013 at 07:44 AM..
 4 years ago '13        #53
Taree 1 heat pts
space
space
 DesolateOne said:
The highlight for me was listening to him sing "Fell on Black Days" acoustically.
Man, I definitely feel you on that. As good as that song is with SG, he somehow makes it a totally diferent song acoustically. Arguably better than the OG.

Have you picked up his Songbook album? It's unreal what he can do with those songs with just his voice and an acoustic guitar.
 4 years ago '05        #54
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
i think that we can all agree for the most part jay has a point. i will say even though i have never given much credence to music reviews, i do pay more attention to movie reviews especially since im not much of a movie goer. there is less room for interpretation in movie reviews imo. Music is more about the your perception of the work, not as much in movies, but it is there.

One thing that I have always felt though is there is NEVER a such thing as a “right” or “wrong” review, there are only reviews that you agree with or you dont
 4 years ago '11        #55
space
space
 Taree said:
Man, I definitely feel you on that. As good as that song is with SG, he somehow makes it a totally diferent song acoustically. Arguably better than the OG.

Have you picked up his Songbook album? It's unreal what he can do with those songs with just an acoustic guitar.
I'm ashamed to say I haven't (life can get busy), but I will this weekend. Thanks for the pro tip!
 4 years ago '11        #56
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
One thing that I have always felt though is there is NEVER a such thing as a “right” or “wrong” review, there are only reviews that you agree with or you dont
Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.
 4 years ago '04        #57
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,443 | Props total: 6514 6514

i been saying review in general don't mean sh!t. the publications got hidden agendas/biases. the average joe isn't much different. the only reason i watch the needledrop/dead end hip hop is just to hear their reasons for it..and to get some laughs out of it

but none of these professional reviewers didn't really hear an album more than maybe twice. like jay said its not like they had a couple of weeks to sit on it
 4 years ago '05        #58
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,253 | Props total: 9683 9683
 StateProperty88 said:
i think that we can all agree for the most part jay has a point. i will say even though i have never given much credence to music reviews, i do pay more attention to movie reviews especially since im not much of a movie goer. there is less room for interpretation in movie reviews imo. Music is more about the your perception of the work, not as much in movies, but it is there.

Indeed.

I don't like piling on, but I'd like for TheMindOf to properly reply to Retro... I think he didn't really acquit himself the way he could have.
 4 years ago '05        #59
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,923 | Props total: 30315 30315
its k!lling it. any hater with a blog who doesn't like ur music reviews it once with bias and turns people who cant think for themselves off from the music.

i never read reviews anyway not even from the source i listen to music myself and judge.

n*ggas said yeezus was dope and all this hype...fu*king album was whack as fu*k
 4 years ago '13        #60
Taree 1 heat pts
space
space
I still think Yeezus is a great album. Better than MCHG right now for me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
260 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
61 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
164 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
162 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy