Jay-Z Says The Internet Killed The Album Review

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #21
Taree 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,327 | Props total: 4152 4152
 DesolateOne said:
Speaking of Soundgarden, if you ever get a chance to see Chris Cornell live, you must go. Saw him in 1999 during his solo tour, can't even begin to describe how good he sounds live. There's a reason why they call him "The Voice".
Seen Soundgarden live 2 times in the past couple of years, and Cornell solo 2 times live in the past couple years.

Easily the greatest artist and band of our time, if not ever imo. Easily. It'll change your views on what music is really about. Makes it hard to listen to anything else.

King Animal is the best album I've heard in the last 10+ years. And they made that after being apart for more than 16 years.

Last edited by Taree; 07-10-2013 at 07:43 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #22
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
An artist spends months/years creating an album that took you 3 hours (that's about 3 spins) to judge? You guys think that's fair? That really is bullsh*t. You aren't even grasping the half the album in 3 hours.
 4 years ago '04        #23
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,676 | Props total: 6814 6814
I must agree with Jay-Z in general. Everyone has run into a song they thought was garbage on the first listen, and it might be 2 weeks later and that song is all of a sudden your favorite. Reviewers now just do a quick listen and toss the review up on the net because they want those hits on their websites & blogs before the next 200 reviewers can get it on-line.
 4 years ago '07        #24
MPC_Pase 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 288 288
 DesolateOne said:

Jay's logic is like listening to a high school drop out babbling on about his thoughts on foreign policy. n*gga PLEASE! Am I alone in thinking this dunce is less smarter than previously thought every time he opens his mouth?

You can't rate an album in a day after listening to it? He must mean, "Please stop sh*tting on my new album, listen to it over and over again until it grows on you and by the time you're used to it, you'll forget how bad it really sucks."
Irony?
 07-10-2013, 08:37 PM         #25
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree with jay-z the internet fuucked up the game in general u got dudes that have no clue about the nuisances of lyricism or rap music like rhyme schemes etc but yet they want to critique the newest song and newest albums specificly by somebody like jay-z who ain't from this time period and think he fell off etc.
 4 years ago '05        #26
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
Jay haters still sounding lame

Hiphopfacts still doing his lame ignore list sh*t

Seriously though, idk how anyone can say Jay is wrong here. I don't understand why anyone thinks reviews still matter.
 4 years ago '09        #27
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,246 | Props total: 19358 19358
 Taree said:
Seen Soundgarden live 2 times in the past couple of years, and Cornell solo 2 times live in the past couple years.

Easily the greatest artist and band of our time, if not ever imo. Easily. It'll change your views on what music is really about. Makes it hard to listen to anything else.

King Animal is the best album I've heard in the last 10+ years. And they made that after being apart for more than 16 years.
Woah i love Soundgarden one of my favorite bands but i don't know about all that it isn't even the best heavy metal album in the last 10 years.
 07-10-2013, 09:09 PM         #28
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hotboy1982 said:
i agree with jay-z the internet fuucked up the game in general u got dudes that have no clue about the nuisances of lyricism or rap music like rhyme schemes etc but yet they want to critique the newest song and newest albums specificly by somebody like jay-z who ain't from this time period and think he fell off etc.

You should listen to his album at game stop
 4 years ago '07        #29
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,348 | Props total: 2063 2063
I have no problem with what hes saying but his album is still garbage. It was garbage the first day I listened to it, the second day I didn't even make it halfway before I turned it off, 6months, 1 yr, 3ys or 5yrs from now it will still be garbage like KC.

I know off first listen if an album is bad, decent and has potential to get better with time or its really good off listen however, jays album is bad. I'm sorry jay.

You say this but you aren't complaining about getting a million sales before your album even drops thanks to that same Internet which I think is fu*king up the game.

Last edited by 240ka; 07-10-2013 at 09:16 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #30
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Reviews matter

*Jay says they don't...

Word I've been saying this for years

These fugazy n*ggas keep exposing themselves every day b
 4 years ago '10        #31
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Philly B said:
Jay haters still sounding lame

Hiphopfacts still doing his lame ignore list sh*t

Seriously though, idk how anyone can say Jay is wrong here. I don't understand why anyone thinks reviews still matter.
I agree, reviews are important for a couple of reasons.

Most importantly for entertainment purposes. They also give insights and different perspectives on albums.

What I dont agree with, is every as*hole with a twitter or Tumblr blog thinks they're a professional music critic now.

Whatever happened to n*ggas just listening to an album and absorbing it.

Just look at album discussion threads on here when sh*t drops..

Album leaks at 12:01 AM...

By 12:07 AM Joe as*hole talking bout "This sh*t sucks" or "This sh*t a classic"

Like bruh? how you had enough to absorb EVERYTHING that's happening on an album in 6 minutes.

n*ggas just wanna be the first to give ANY opinion, as if that somehow makes them "important"
 4 years ago '10        #32
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Retro said:
Reviews matter

*Jay says they don't...

n*ggas in here reaching reading that post

Look at your life n*gga. Got my every post glued to your memory bank

I'm not talking about professional reviewers. Im talking about you joe nobody fu*k n*ggas

I got no problem reading professional reviews. As I've stated many times..

Im talking about an underlying problem of everybody being a critic, and a sh*tty one at that.

There's a difference..

But keep thinking about my posts 24/7... sh*t make me feel important
 4 years ago '11        #33
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1220 1220
 Retro said:
Reviews matter

*Jay says they don't...

240ka said:
I have no problem with what hes saying but his album is still garbage. It was garbage the first day I listened to it, the second day I didn't even make it halfway before I turned it off, 6months, 1 yr, 3ys or 5yrs from now it will still be garbage like KC.

I know off first listen if an album is bad, decent and has potential to get better with time or its really good off listen however, jays album is bad. I'm sorry jay.

You say this but you aren't complaining about getting a million sales before your album even drops thanks to that same Internet which I think is fu*king up the game.
Album is heat, fu*k your opinion

Hotboy1982 said:
 4 years ago '11        #34
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 TheMindOf said:
n*ggas in here reaching reading that post

Look at your life n*gga. Got my every post glued to your memory bank
Don't flatter yourself kid, anyone with a slightly observant eye can pinpoint your tendencies, it takes no work at all

TheMindOf said:
I'm not talking about professional reviewers. Im talking about you joe nobody fu*k n*ggas

I got no problem reading professional reviews. As I've stated many times..

Im talking about an underlying problem of everybody being a critic, and a sh*tty one at that.

There's a difference..

But keep thinking about my posts 24/7... sh*t make me feel important
The difference is that they're tied to a publication & get paid to write it. If I were to freelance for HHDX would my opinions all of a sudden hold more validity since they don't origin from BX?

It's funny as hell watching the main perpetrator of the reviews say so argument back tracking his a.ss off right now
 4 years ago '07        #35
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,348 | Props total: 2063 2063
 norcal925 said:

Album is heat, fu*k your opinion

fu*k yours. Album is pure a.ss crack
 4 years ago '09        #36
59fifty 
space
space
$22,712 | Props total: 10156 10156
I can't really explain it...as a long time jigga fan I can appreciate the album but...........idk I'm high n drunk af....I mean itz def not bad, but sh*t idk ...this how I felt about the last epmd album
 4 years ago '11        #37
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1220 1220
 240ka said:
fu*k yours. Album is pure a.ss crack
...and yet you keep talking about it
 4 years ago '10        #38
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Retro said:
It's funny as hell watching the main perpetrator of the reviews say so argument back tracking his a.ss off right now
n*gga don't be stupid.

If you read the initial post I talk about "the advent of Twitter" fu*king sh*t up..

The fu*k you think I was talking about there?

Since when does Rolling Stone or Pitchfork or any dominant publication use twitter as their main platform to give their reviews?

I been talking about regular n*ggas feeling like critics this whole thread.

If you had basic reading comprehension skills, or wasn't on my d!ck you would have been able to decipher that..

TheMindOf said:
A lot of people get paid no attention in real life, and this is their way to be a part of a conversation and have their opinion (worthless as it may be) heard.

The sh*t is off-putting to be completely honest.
How the fu*k does that sound like it's referring to respected music critics, writing for major publications?

Forgot, this is boxden where even the "smart" n*ggas be dumb as fu*k

Last edited by TheMindOf; 07-10-2013 at 09:43 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #39
Exs 152 heat pts152
space
space
$5,791 | Props total: 1348 1348
he's right. none of these n*ggas' opinions matter. i dont give a fu*k what a lame has to think about any album released in the history of music. he/she is nonexistent to me.
 4 years ago '09        #40
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,246 | Props total: 19358 19358
Emotions are running high in here

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
111 comments
21 hours ago