Jay-Z Says The Internet Killed The Album Review

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
106 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #1
9211 pageviews
156 comments

DesolateOne 32 heat pts32
space
space
$3,780 | Props total: 66 66
Jay-Z Says The Internet k!lled The Album Review

“I think reviews have lost a lot of their importance now because of the internet,” Jay explained. “Everyone is experiencing things at the same time. You can write a review like the guy from USA Today, tomorrow. Ya’ll both can write the review at the same time…That’s why the critic became important in the music space because they got the music first. They would get the music two months early because the magazine had a long lead time. They get it. They sit with it. They review it. They send it out a month ahead of time. You reading it. You looking like ‘Oh, this album’s gonna be dope.’ You don’t have the music. So, you’re reading reviews for a month. Right now, the music comes out like this. People are writing a review in a day. First of all, you can’t listen to an album and rate it in a day. It’s just impossible…And when I see that I’m like ‘Oh, so this is all just bullsh*t.’”

visit this link Source

Jay's logic is like listening to a high school drop out babbling on about his thoughts on foreign policy. n*gga PLEASE! Am I alone in thinking this dunce is less smarter than previously thought every time he opens his mouth?

You can't rate an album in a day after listening to it? He must mean, "Please stop sh*tting on my new album, listen to it over and over again until it grows on you and by the time you're used to it, you'll forget how bad it really sucks."

Last edited by DesolateOne; 07-10-2013 at 06:50 PM..

156 comments for "Jay-Z Says The Internet Killed The Album Review"

4 years ago '11        #2
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236
"You can't rate an album in a day after listening to it? He must mean, "Please stop sh*tting on my new album, listen to it over and over again until it grows on you and by the time you're used to it, you'll forget how bad it really sucks."

This n*gga Jay....

Sometimes, he says the dumbest sh*t. If you want someone to listen to your album, you expect them not to rate it? Makes no sense....

The
 4 years ago '13        #3
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38447 38447
I remember that lame TheMindOf was saying the Rolling Stone review/ratings and reviews by other big name outlets are important.

Bang goes that theory, unless the skirt wearing f*ggot disagrees with his idol.

Jay is right, there is no difference between a review by a bummy blogger and the new york times

Only matters what the masses think, general consensus> reviews
 4 years ago '07        #4
KoolBreeze 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,772 | Props total: 5975 5975
he's right about the internet k!lling reviews. every muthafu*ka wants to be a music critic. everybody thinks they have the best taste is music or listen to everything so they know whats good. i dont fu*k wit reviews anymore.

as far as judging an album in a day, i agree. u cant do it. when chronic 2001 came out i copped it and sat in my room and listened to it from front to back straight through. i loved it....but as i kept listening to it, i liked it more and more. imagine listening to get rich or die trying, the black album, ready 2 die just once....just one time and judging it
 4 years ago '13        #5
Taree 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,333 | Props total: 4159 4159
You really can't though. Any good quality album that I've ever experienced took time to really set in.

Sh*t, a lot of times a month isn't even enough time to really take in a album that's worth a fu*k.

Go listen to a Soundgarden record, and then really keep listening to that same album for a good while. You'll start to realize so much more about it musically and lyrically the more time you spend with it. People don't have that kind of acceptance or patience with music anymore though it seems. That "full album experience" where you really have to sit back and and take time with a whole album is lost in music now it seems. It's sad, really.
 07-10-2013, 06:53 PM         #6
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Teknishen04 said:
"You can't rate an album in a day after listening to it? He must mean, "Please stop sh*tting on my new album, listen to it over and over again until it grows on you and by the time you're used to it, you'll forget how bad it really sucks."

This n*gga Jay....

Sometimes, he says the dumbest sh*t. If you want someone to listen to your album, you expect them not to rate it? Makes no sense....

The
Thats not what he's saying at all...

What he's saying is writers dont have time to listen to albums thoroughly. They are rushing to review it and in turn a complete thorough review doesnt happen much anymore. And to top that off you have so many different websites and bloggers who review the album at the same time you have to get it out as fast as you can to compete.

This applies to all artists not just Jay-z. And honestly those reviews are much more important to newer, developing artists than Jay-z whose fan base is well established.
 4 years ago '10        #7
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
He's right.

I've been saying this for years now. Especially with the advent of Twitter.

Nobody takes time to absorb and evaluate music anymore.

Everybody wanna be the first to give their opinion on an album now (especially a much anticipated one)

People be in such a hurry to join the conversation that they skimming through an album for the first time, all the while giving a dead serious evaluation of it's value and worth before they even fully understand what they're listening to.

A lot of people get paid no attention in real life, and this is their way to be a part of a conversation and have their opinion (worthless as it may be) heard.

The sh*t is off-putting to be completely honest.
 4 years ago '13        #8
space
space
amazing how lames flip flop soon as their idol says the opposite of what they have been saying

07-10-2013, 06:57 PM         #9
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
amazing how lames flip flop soon as their idol says the opposite of what they have been saying

This is the second thread today where you've referenced TheMindOf. Hop off that n*gga d!ck
 4 years ago '13        #10
space
space
Remove user from ignore listAvitos Way
This message is hidden because Avitos Way is on your ignore list.

New York Dweebs
 4 years ago '10        #11
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8489 8489
someones mad

4 years ago '10        #12
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,892 | Props total: 21139 21139
He's not right?

He's wrong in saying one time listens are k!lling the quality of album reviews?

Really son?
 4 years ago '11        #13
DesolateOne 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
Go listen to a Soundgarden record, and then really keep listening to that same album for a good while. You'll start to realize so much more about it musically and lyrically the more time you spend with it
Soundgarden is one of the best groups to ever have released music period. I never had to sit for an extended period of time to know they were good. But I see your point.
 4 years ago '05        #14
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,243 | Props total: 9651 9651
First page of angry n*ggas.
 4 years ago '11        #15
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
He's not right?

He's wrong in saying one time listens are k!lling the quality of album reviews?

Really son?
To clarify, if any reviewer is rushing to be first in reviewing an album without giving it a good listen they do no justice to their craft. But to say spending a day listening to it and that still not being enough time is absurd.
 4 years ago '09        #16
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,248 | Props total: 19358 19358
 DesolateOne said:
Soundgarden is one of the best groups to ever have released music period. I never had to sit for an extended period of time to know they were good. But I see your point.
Soundgarden
 4 years ago '09        #17
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8870 8870
So no 1 has heard Donell Jones new album ?
 4 years ago '05        #18
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,243 | Props total: 9651 9651
 Teknishen04 said:

This n*gga Jay....

The
To be fair, what you have in quotes is what the OP typed out, not what Jay said...
 4 years ago '11        #19
space
space
Speaking of Soundgarden, if you ever get a chance to see Chris Cornell live, you must go. Saw him in 1999 during his solo tour, can't even begin to describe how good he sounds live. There's a reason why they call him "The Voice".
 4 years ago '04        #20
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,487 | Props total: 7159 7159
Right or wrong, this applies to music (and games come to think of it) these days. People are quick to consume the newest thing and move on to what's next as quickly as possible. just a sign of the times.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
99 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
55 comments
1 day ago