2008 Detroit Lions 0-16 Season 5 year Anniversary Appreciation Thread

most viewed right now
 X murder was premeditated and involved a fight
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Article inside HHD FINAL Sales Chart: Jay Z & Beyonce's Joint Album BRICKS & FLOPS T..
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 MLB MLB star Hanley Ramirez linked to drug trafficking and 2015 murder
5 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Let her share man, yeah, let her share man
36 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #381
Honolulu Blue 33 heat pts33
space
space
$17,876 | Props total: 1868 1868

[pic - click to view]

240 - 100 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 70% 23 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 187-102, Rank #58 | Aug 09: 15-2, Rank #103 | Aug 08: 6-0, Rank #345 *
 5 years ago '04        #382
torious 69 heat pts69
space
space
$84,242 | Props total: 15826 15826
 banga said:
1-16
 5 years ago '04        #383
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,453 | Props total: 3866 3866
Yo VA what did you think about your Lions yesterday
 5 years ago '08        #384
VerbalAssassin 105 heat pts105 OP
space
space
$17,239 | Props total: 5433 5433
 Veno da Don said:
Yes, my Lions. Seeing as how my NINERS straight own Detroit, you're right. Glad you see it my way
 5 years ago '05        #385
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,536 | Props total: 173 173
 VerbalAssassin said:
Yep, and let's take it back to the 1999 season when Aeneas Williams knocked out Steve Young on a Monday Night game ending his career and sending SF to a 4-12 season. I've been reppin all through the dark days of Rashaun Woods, Mike Rumph, Kevan Barlow, Cody Pickett, etc.

Have you not seen my name on some of 49er gameday threads in 2010 you dipsh*t? STFU and enjoy my retrospective on your team's historic season you ungrateful bi*ch.

Oh and here you go,

Guess who started that thread?
If you endured Mike Rumph you are a true fan......he was horrible.
 5 years ago '05        #386
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,719 | Props total: 1518 1518
staffgod, megatron and reggie kush. suhper bowl
 5 years ago '08        #387
space
space
 Saintaholic said:
If you endured Mike Rumph you are a true fan......he was horrible.
All the fu*king top level players that came out of the U during that 2001-2004 wave and our sh*tty front office picks THIS guy

Every other team brought meats and cheeses to the picnic and here we come with some damn potted meat. That 2003-2005 struggle was real
 5 years ago '05        #388
space
space
 Veno da Don said:
Reggie was great yesterday........they just need to make sure Bell and the other RB spell him to keep him healthy. Im not shocked Reggie did well yesterday..........when used correctly this will be the result and it doesnt hurt having Meagtron to draw most of the attention.
 5 years ago '12        #389
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,593 | Props total: 6254 6254
there goes my hopes and dreams..
 5 years ago '04        #390
biscuit 73 heat pts73
space
space
$21,498 | Props total: 8375 8375
 banga said:

THAT AVY HOLY FU CK!!!!!

I damn near fell out my chair at work laughing at this sh*t
 5 years ago '08        #391
space
space
 banga said:
That avy...DAAAAAAMN
 5 years ago '05        #392
space
space
That Vikings helmet
 5 years ago '04        #393
torious 69 heat pts69
space
space
 5 years ago '10        #394
beigebabie 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 3 3

The way its going down this year is like this…

5 year anny of the 0-16 (we go 16-0)

2nd year with a Lion on the Madden cover BUT…

1st retired player to grace it (Barry/ reverse the curse)

We got this generations version of Barry (Reggie)

We got the best player in the league (Megatron)

The SB is in NY (great chance of snow/first SB played in snow)

If it's any year to take our first SB its this year.

#OnePride

09-09-2013, 04:02 PM         #395
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my n*ggas optimistic
 5 years ago '06        #396
Honolulu Blue 33 heat pts33
space
space
$17,876 | Props total: 1868 1868
 biscuit said:

THAT AVY HOLY FU CK!!!!!

I damn near fell out my chair at work laughing at this sh*t

240 - 100 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 70% 23 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 187-102, Rank #58 | Aug 09: 15-2, Rank #103 | Aug 08: 6-0, Rank #345 *
 5 years ago '04        #397
torious 69 heat pts69
space
space
The hidden blowout.

To me, the most interesting game of the day occurred in Detroit. I don't know that I've ever seen a team play as well as Detroit did on Sunday and come away with as little recognition to show for it. Detroit dominated Minnesota — a playoff team a year ago — at home, and all it has to show for it is an Adrian Peterson highlight-reel run.

That starts with the Lions' performance against Peterson, who torched them on the opening Minnesota play of the game for a 78-yard touchdown. Not good. Peterson later added a rushing and a receiving touchdown, each from four yards out, to give fantasy owners a mammoth day from the consensus top overall pick. Here's the thing: It wasn't all that great of a real-life day. The 78-yard run is obviously valuable, but scoring from four yards out isn't exactly a feat. And outside of that one lengthy run, the Lions absolutely shut Peterson down; his other 17 carries produced a total of 15 rushing yards. He caught all four of the passes thrown to him, but they only totaled 18 yards. The mortal version of Peterson was a boom-and-bust back, but this is that taken to an extreme. Minnesota only had one rushing first down outside of the two touchdowns, and Peterson had 13 carries for two yards or less, many of which came on first-and-10 or second-and-long.

And that created third-and-longs for Christian Ponder, which created disasters for the Vikings. Well, sorta. The Vikings were able to get away with a bunch because the Lions either shot themselves in the foot or shot their foot off altogether. They dropped at least one possible Ponder pick-six, went offside to nullify a strip-sack of Ponder, and had a pick-six wiped off the board by a Ndamukong Suh low block during the return.

The defense had a lucky day compared with the offense, which was brilliant before encountering an impossible bit of bad luck. On their first drive, the Lions drove the ball 58 yards to the Minnesota 13-yard line, only for a Calvin Johnson slant to be called a half-yard short of a first down. The Lions were then stuffed on second down, dropped a pass on third down, and bungled the ensuing field goal attempt. Then they gave up the Peterson touchdown. With the Vikings possessing all the momentum, the Lions again drove 65 yards down the field with ease, only for a Calvin Johnson touchdown to be nullified by the Calvin Johnson rule,10 leading the Lions to settle for a field goal. The next drive saw Tony Scheffler drop a likely touchdown inside the 5-yard line and a Joique Bell fourth-and-1 conversion overturned by a holding call, leading to another field goal.

It kept going. That Ponder pick-six that was called back for a low block? The Lions got the ball and promptly gave it back on a tipped interception. Detroit fumbled a snap on the next drive. Two drives later, Brandon Pettigrew (who held on that Bell fourth-and-1) fumbled the ball after a reception, only for Harrison Smith to fall on it before it trickled out of bounds. Then, when the Lions finally got it to the goal line, Bell dove over the pile at the 2-yard line and had the ball careen backward11 for a fumble that was recovered by the Vikings, only for replay to finally turn a call in Detroit's favor.

The second half wasn't much better. The Lions had another three touchdowns wiped off the board, with Megatron's second potential score of the day coming up a toe too far in the back of the end zone, while two Reggie Bush scores ruled as a touchdown on the field were called back because his knee was on the ground. In any case, the Lions came back to score touchdowns on those drives, and they actually forced a strip-sack of Ponder that came through. In all, the Lions celebrated eight touchdowns on Sunday and actually got to keep four of them, including this gorgeous middle screen to Bush for a 77-yard touchdown. The Lions were very aggressive moving Bush around the formation, splitting him out frequently as a receiver and designing plays to take advantage of his unique skill set. He did come out twice with finger and knee complaints, but Bush finished with 191 yards from scrimmage on 25 touches. He outplayed the league MVP on Sunday.

Was some of this sloppy play by the Lions that they need to correct? Sure. The holding penalties and the fumbles aren't going to fly if the Lions are to compete in 2013. Keep in mind, though, that the Lions had five drives of 50 yards or more, both ran the ball and threw the ball very effectively, and shut down the league's best player after one play. It was a quietly impressive performance, and one that will sneak under the radar as the Lions travel to Arizona to play the Cardinals in Week 2.
1-15 Thanks for the official Lions season thread Verbal
 5 years ago '10        #398
beigebabie 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 3 3
 torious said:

1-15 Thanks for the official Lions season thread Verbal
I read this today too!
 5 years ago '04        #399
biscuit 73 heat pts73
space
space
$21,498 | Props total: 8375 8375
 beigebabie said:

The way its going down this year is like this…

5 year anny of the 0-16 (we go 16-0)
2nd year with a Lion on the Madden cover BUT…
1st retired player to grace it (Barry/ reverse the curse)

Delusional AF
 5 years ago '08        #400
space
space
Week 2: Lions vs. Packers - The legend of Aaron Rodgers Starts Here

When we last left off, the Lions felt gracious enough to welcome a new star QB into the league. They felt so good about it that they decided to do it again the next week...this time to the new heir of LambeauLand, one Aaron Rodgers:

[pic - click to view]

But A-Rod's 3TDs weren't enough. The Lions actually had the lead in the 4th () and looked as though this fairytale season was going to come to an end with a DET victory, but thanks to 24 unanswered points by way of a FG, a rushing TD, and 2 pick 6s, the GB Packers helped keep the Lions' dream season alive by defeating the Lions 48-25!
Home      

most viewed right now
If you needed proof Drake a bi-ch ass nigga
92 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nuttin butt azz💦💦💦
55 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Based on Lyrical ability who’s better? Royce 5’9 or Joe Budden
104 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
XXXTentacion Real Killers Brag And Mock The Florida RAPPER Death
217 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video of NYC in 1993 recorded in 1080p from 1993
73 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nas: Whoever Killed Him (Antwon Rose) Needs The Electric Chair In Fron..
249 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
XXXtentacion's mama fine as hell!
169 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy