Jay-Z recieves from RIAA his MCHG Platinum plaque

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #101
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
 bmandagod said:
thats like a kid having a bake sale and his/her parents buy it all what was the purpose might as well of just asked for some money
 cankstoochie said:
im not sure if you are a jay-z fan or not because i don't follow your posts but this is exactly what it is....

this is like fixing a f!ght.
No bruh. A kid has a bake sale, one person slides through and cops all his goods. Then that person wants to promote his/her own sh*t and gives those baked goods away for free as a promotion.

Whether you sell a million albums to a million people or a million albums to one person it's still a milli. Jay won bruh.

Last edited by jack_napier; 07-10-2013 at 04:00 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #102
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,443 | Props total: 6511 6511
 jayembee said:
ya all jumping up and down because Samsung bought 1 million copies...

Eminem still sold more in less time... lol Eminem Sold 1.3 Million to his actual fans in his first week.. in 5 days on the Eminem Show.. and 1.8 million in 1 week with the Marshall Mathers LP..

the Camel still lost..

using album sales from 10 years ago
 4 years ago '05        #103
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
Sad thing is......I haven't come across ONE person who hasn't said that album is bubbling hot Trash juice.....
 07-10-2013, 04:53 PM         #104
Jeff225 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Me personally there is nothing wrong with him getting that RIAA award for the simple fact is that it was a transaction between a brand(Jay-Z), and a consumer(Samsung), just on a larger scale. Plus people tend to ignore the fact that if the downloads matched the amount of the albums sold then it's still a legit transaction between Samsung basically became a vendor for the album digitally.
 07-10-2013, 05:02 PM         #105
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayembee said:
ya all jumping up and down because Samsung bought 1 million copies...

Eminem still sold more in less time... lol Eminem Sold 1.3 Million to his actual fans in his first week.. in 5 days on the Eminem Show.. and 1.8 million in 1 week with the Marshall Mathers LP..

the Camel still lost..

I'd love to see Em do that today in this market. Not saying he cant but if he did I'd respect his sales still. I dont understand how people can hate on this. It's something no one else was doing.

You got people in here acting like record sales is the Vince Lombardi or something. The only reason record sales should matter to the fan is knowing that the artists label will continue to push their music with solid numbers sold. THATS IT!

Let n*ggas shine
 4 years ago '05        #106
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8407 8407
 jayembee said:
dude what are you talking about... he sold 1 million copies because samsung bought them and told samsung users they can download the album free.. Thats not a big deal.. You think if Apple made a partnership with Eminem to download his next album free that 2 million people wont download it..

People will download anything..

I downloaded WALE's bullsh*t... because it was free..

just like samsung users downloaded jayz bullsh*t... because it was free.

On those 2 albums 1.8 and 1.3 million people went to stores and put money in the cashiers hand for the album... Cold hard cash over a free download... who won?
and if eminem did that what would be your problem with it?
 4 years ago '05        #107
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8407 8407
 jayembee said:
Did I say I had a problem with Jay-Z making 5 million dollars before his album was sold in stores?

NO!

I'm just saying stop acting like the n*gga did something special..
thats why i asked the damn question

if n*ggas want to think he did something special, let em. you dont care about one thing but you care about this? you in here acting like you care (which is why again, i asked)

by the way what em did was pretty fu*king special too, dont know why you feel the need to compare
 4 years ago '12        #108
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,252 | Props total: 821 821
 jack_napier said:
No bruh. A kid has a bake sale, one person slides through and cops all his goods. Then that person wants to promote his/her own sh*t and gives those baked goods away for free as a promotion.

Whether you sell a million albums to a million people or a million albums to one person it's still a milli. Jay won bruh.
no its different because that wasnt planned from the beginning thats someone called being a fan and buying your sh*t. this whole thing was planned like something a parent would do ..but its whatever he still gettin paid i aint mad at him..good 2 see a brotha gettin money..
 4 years ago '13        #109
AweBit 63 heat pts63
space
space
$1,128 | Props total: 1933 1933
 kingkolby said:
Does it matter if it was white people, black, spanish, asian people are fu*kin people. if you mean non ghetto people then yeah but why would you surround yourself with those types. the point is to get out of the hood and seperate yourself from people who bring you down not keep toxic people around you who are only around you becaue of your money
 4 years ago '05        #110
DrDeath 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,347 | Props total: 3150 3150
n*ggas iz TIGHT!
 4 years ago '11        #111
YungAJ24 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,494 | Props total: 3560 3560
I respect Jay for making money on this sh*t but man getting recognized for shipping a million copies by the RIAA isn't fair. So you mean to tell me that if I go to McDonalds and sell them 1million copies of my album and have them give them out to every person who purchases something from the dollar menu, I get a platinum plaque too.
 4 years ago '05        #112
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,251 | Props total: 9664 9664
 WavyCrockett said:
thats bs yo
Whats the difference between that an the label buyin ya albums?
Funny thing is, you know the answer. Stop frontin'.
 07-10-2013, 06:16 PM         #113
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this dude is a fu*kin genius!!! i cant see anyone doing this eva again!!!
 4 years ago '04        #114
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
"Ya n*ggas can't be serious right now, I'm the all time heavy weight champion of flowers, I'm leading the league in at least six statistical categories right now, Best flow, Most consistent, Realest stories, Most charisma, I set the most trends, And my interviews are hotter
Holla"

Add smileys too:jayhah2 :

Young

Fall back haters
 4 years ago '05        #115
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
that painting is ugly as sh*t though.. i wouldn't break a 5 for it.
 4 years ago '10        #116
mixtapelive 272 heat pts272
space
space
space
$3,401 | Props total: 2489 2489
are they counting the numbers from the people who bought the Samsung phones? If so then this needs a BIG * next to it
 4 years ago '13        #117
kwest 4040 1 heat pts
space
space
$479 | Props total: 163 163
jay did it again
 4 years ago '07        #118
LateModelSedan 80 heat pts80
space
space
$3,481 | Props total: 298 298
this sh*t is so fu*king wack. this may be the most undeserved platinum plaque in the history of music. how the fu*k is it fair for this mother fu*ker to get a plaque when samsung sponsored him by buying the first 1 million digital copies? that sh*t is fu*king GAY! ive always respected jay but this sh*t is a.ss fu*king backwards. fu*k outta here.
 4 years ago '13        #119
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Wasn't supposed to count
 4 years ago '11        #120
apexape 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,094 | Props total: 1336 1336
 bmandagod said:
no its different because that wasnt planned from the beginning thats someone called being a fan and buying your sh*t. this whole thing was planned like something a parent would do ..but its whatever he still gettin paid i aint mad at him..good 2 see a brotha gettin money..
no you idiot. how is your vision so narrow.

A parent buying everything from a kids bake sale is the same as a label buying all the albums. Do you know why? because the parents invested in the bake sale so they are LOSING MONEY, but they do this to make the kid feel good, just as a label would do to try and increase an artists popularity

Samsung buying albums is like the local bakery buying all the baked goods from the kid to give out for free as a promotion. and in this case the kid MADE MONEY.

but think about it, why would any company buy in bulk, would they do the same with talib kweli?, would they do the same deal with meek mill? You have to have a certain appeal or be on a certain level for an EXTERNAL body to buy this many albums.

Yes, they're using Jay as a promotional tool, but they are still customers. Which is very different from a parent because Samsung had no involvement in creating the product. you fu*k wit
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago