Jay-Z recieves from RIAA his MCHG Platinum plaque

most viewed right now
 91
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
201 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 56
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 56
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '12        #81
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,250 | Props total: 821 821
 hou12 said:
Some of you n*ggas in here are both mad as fu*k and stupid as fu*k


You go platinum when 1 million copies are sold/shipped, not when 1 million people buy the album

Samsung legitimately paid for 1 million copies of the album, so explain to me how Jay-Z does not deserve a platinum plaque?

Some of you n*ggas can't think at all
thats like a kid having a bake sale and his/her parents buy it all what was the purpose might as well of just asked for some money
 4 years ago '07        #82
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,960 | Props total: 5874 5874
****

 4 years ago '04        #83
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,354 | Props total: 8454 8454
Samsung made you platinum not your fans
 4 years ago '11        #84
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$11,810 | Props total: 1194 1194
 psylence2k said:
It's not about deception or anything like that.

It's basically about an entity with millions of dollars of disposable income essentially buying a platinum plaque for someone.

Honestly it just tarnishes what a platinum plaque represents IMO.

It has nothing directly to do with Jay-Z, any artist doing it would be wack IMO.

but that's what Jay fans wont admit, that if Em or 50 or Wayne did this that they would call it wack but since it's Jay they praise it. No matter which one of my favorite artists did this I would think it's wack.

People have always talked about hating the commercialization of Hip-Hop, this is just another step in that direction. If we made a thread a year ago asking " What do you think if artists started doing endorsement deals in exchange for album sales" Im pretty damn sure most of the people on here including the Jay fans would've called it stupid and wack.
I dont think anyone is impressed in the same way they would be if Jay went plat the normal way, what people are impressed by is the business move behind this and how Jay is changing it all up.

Em and Wayne dont have the business mind to pull something off like this and 50 doesn't have the power, he has a lot of money but his label wont even let him drop an album.

Whether you like it or not the fact that someone can change it all up like this is crazy and a step in the right direction, eventually once Jay actually retires he's gonna be up there with others running the entire industry which is great for hip hop.
 07-09-2013, 09:08 PM         #85
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont pop molly i rock tom ford!
 4 years ago '12        #86
hou12 
space
avatar space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
 bmandagod said:
thats like a kid having a bake sale and his/her parents buy it all what was the purpose might as well of just asked for some money


It's not anything like that at all

Samsung bought the albums and paid Jay-Z

How does that equate to a parent buying out their own kid's bake sale?

He went platinum, and he got paid for it, that was the purpose

Jay-Z doesn't work for Samsung, so them buying his album is a win for him, not a loss

What the fu*k is wrong with you n*ggas?
 07-09-2013, 09:09 PM         #87
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
new rules
 07-09-2013, 09:10 PM         #88
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
Samsung made you platinum not your fans
im sure it got a million downloads next day


#newrules
 4 years ago '04        #89
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
avatar space
space
$19,559 | Props total: 5222 5222
Got the government on lock.
 4 years ago '04        #90
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 norcal925 said:
I dont think anyone is impressed in the same way they would be if Jay went plat the normal way, what people are impressed by is the business move behind this and how Jay is changing it all up.

Em and Wayne dont have the business mind to pull something off like this and 50 doesn't have the power, he has a lot of money but his label wont even let him drop an album.

Whether you like it or not the fact that someone can change it all up like this is crazy and a step in the right direction, eventually once Jay actually retires he's gonna be up there with others running the entire industry which is great for hip hop.
Propz to Jay for getting money, just like we should give propz to 50 and Diddy when they land a big deal but for some reason those threads dont go pages and pages like a Jay thread even tho I feel they should, but still propz to Jay I have no problem with him making a buck.

Only part that's wack is that RIAA is counting them towards certifications, like I said it has nothing to do with Jay as much as the concept itself.

One thing that you said that kinda irks me tho is that how do we know that it was Jay who came up with this ?? Didn't we have multiple people on here saying this was someone at Live Nation's idea ?? What people dont realize is that alot of Jay's "ideas" for his business endeavors are from people around him. Steve Stoute is one of the great minds around him that doesn't get much credit as well as others. I remember years ago reading articles about multiple endeavors of his from Rocawear, to 40/40, to the Nets deal, to Translation Ad Agency, to that hotel building he bought, to a few more and I realized all those were ideas from others that he was approached with and he just signed on to. He has great minds around him that dont get the credit they deserve but it's not unbelievable because people still to this day think he believed in and picked Kanye, Rihanna, and Jeezy by himself.


Like I said before, the only problem I have with this is going towards certifications and tallies. I feel like the meaning of those plaques and numbers are tainted now but people wont see that until some other rapper does it. As for everything else, propz to Jay for getting another dollar.
 4 years ago '07        #91
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$16,588 | Props total: 1051 1051
 bmandagod said:
thats like a kid having a bake sale and his/her parents buy it all what was the purpose might as well of just asked for some money
im not sure if you are a jay-z fan or not because i don't follow your posts but this is exactly what it is....



this is like fixing a f!ght.
 4 years ago '11        #92
shellz386 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$5,997 | Props total: 4638 4638
 CosbySweater said:
شاب
[pic - click to view]

*deaded*
 07-09-2013, 10:32 PM         #93
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
baby bought those albums



o wait its a guy i have been sold and told is my hova





young
 4 years ago '11        #94
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$3,933 | Props total: 365 365
 Nickel said:
"Go 'head LEAN ON THAT sh*t BLUE YOU OWN IT UGH!"


[pic - click to view]



 S.TEX said:
so nothing came out of his pocket right? Samsung paid for everything?... And now he gets all the royalties and sales. Jesus, everybody hustling backwards.

 4 years ago '06        #95
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$13,456 | Props total: 2648 2648
 kingkolby said:
Does it matter if it was white people, black, spanish, asian people are fu*kin people. if you mean non ghetto people then yeah but why would you surround yourself with those types. the point is to get out of the hood and seperate yourself from people who bring you down not keep toxic people around you who are only around you becaue of your money
ask all the white people who fu*ked over millions of black people for the past 2000 years and you'll have your answer
 07-10-2013, 03:27 PM         #96
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Propz to Jay for getting money, just like we should give propz to 50 and Diddy when they land a big deal but for some reason those threads dont go pages and pages like a Jay thread even tho I feel they should, but still propz to Jay I have no problem with him making a buck.

Only part that's wack is that RIAA is counting them towards certifications, like I said it has nothing to do with Jay as much as the concept itself.

One thing that you said that kinda irks me tho is that how do we know that it was Jay who came up with this ?? Didn't we have multiple people on here saying this was someone at Live Nation's idea ?? What people dont realize is that alot of Jay's "ideas" for his business endeavors are from people around him. Steve Stoute is one of the great minds around him that doesn't get much credit as well as others. I remember years ago reading articles about multiple endeavors of his from Rocawear, to 40/40, to the Nets deal, to Translation Ad Agency, to that hotel building he bought, to a few more and I realized all those were ideas from others that he was approached with and he just signed on to. He has great minds around him that dont get the credit they deserve but it's not unbelievable because people still to this day think he believed in and picked Kanye, Rihanna, and Jeezy by himself.


Like I said before, the only problem I have with this is going towards certifications and tallies. I feel like the meaning of those plaques and numbers are tainted now but people wont see that until some other rapper does it. As for everything else, propz to Jay for getting another dollar.
REMINDER: HOV Came in the game as a CEO x all those years of experience in the game....

A CEO's mind
That marketing plan was me
And no i ain't get shot up a whole bunch of times
Or make up sh*t in a whole bunch of lines
And i ain't animated, like say a, Busta Rhymes
But the real sh*t you get when you bust down my lines
Add that to the fact i went plat a bunch of times
Times that by my influence
On pop culutre
I supposed to be number one on everybodys list
We'll see what happens when i no longer exist


#FACTSONLY
 4 years ago '05        #97
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
avatar space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
Congrats to Hov

I wonder what he's gonna sell outside of Samsung's 1 mil purchase tho? I bet he'll do between 900 - 1 mil.
 07-10-2013, 03:50 PM         #98
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingkolby said:
Does it matter if it was white people, black, spanish, asian people are fu*kin people. if you mean non ghetto people then yeah but why would you surround yourself with those types. the point is to get out of the hood and seperate yourself from people who bring you down not keep toxic people around you who are only around you becaue of your money
you can trust a n*gga from the ghetto before u can trust a jew lawyer or a white financial advisor
 4 years ago '05        #99
Immaking 
space
avatar space
space
$979 | Props total: 171 171
...Hov bout to bring platinum back like it's 2000 again lol
 4 years ago '04        #100
Myworld82 
space
avatar space
space
$2,586 | Props total: 110 110
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
61 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 50
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 38
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
144 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
79 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy