Jay-Z recieves from RIAA his MCHG Platinum plaque

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
44 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #61
shellz386 43 heat pts43
space
space
$5,991 | Props total: 4637 4637
I don't understand how you n*ggas aren't grasping the concept of Samsung BUYING 1,000,000 copies of Jay-Z albums and handed them out for free. Lol

Jay-Z sold 1,000,000 copies!

(albeit to one company, still counts as 1,000,000 sold)

...1,000,000 before the album was even available for purchase

Young!

*throws up the ROC*
 4 years ago '07        #62
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,584 | Props total: 1051 1051
 Mumbletaker said:
This is like corporations buying tickets for sporting events. The arena is still sold out and there's still a profit being made. The back and forth over how "legit" this is will (and should) go on. But this is the beginning of a new revenue stream for artists and eventually it will be as accepted as digital sales.

I don't mind it being a new avenue to generate revenue but don't fu*king start handing out plaques.

1 million people downloaded the album for free the first week. 1 million people DID NOT purchase the album the first week.
 07-09-2013, 06:09 PM         #63
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
Oh so it's cool if a million people listen to the album for free illegally and Jay-z to not get compensated for it

Jayz basicly got paid 5 mill for a company to leak his album for free

And n*ggaz on boxden who just hit up the jukebox regularly are complaining

n*gga you don't buy no albums sit your a.ss down and stop hooting and hollering its too hot for that sh*t

^^ Seriously. Sales is all about REVENUE.... did people forget this sh*t or what

#OLDRULES
 4 years ago '08        #64
ByrdManJR. 1 heat pts
space
space
$544 | Props total: 2 2
 cankstoochie said:
I agree with this post. Sales don't mean sh*t anymore. I love the album but what the riaa is doing is wrong. He doesn't deserve that plaque.
Isn't that a good thing?
 4 years ago '13        #65
TayMasterChef 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,655 | Props total: 406 406
This ain't even fair lmao
 4 years ago '07        #66
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,584 | Props total: 1051 1051
 deLeet said:
^^ Seriously. Sales is all about REVENUE.... did people forget this sh*t or what

#OLDRULES
I know that noodle head. I'm saying plaques should be giving to artists who sell records to the average consumer not to billion dollar corporations.
 4 years ago '10        #67
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
n*ggas is really sick in here

Dude got another platinum plaque. Deal with it.

How is that sh*t affecting you?

n*ggas funny as hell.

This sh*t got yall stomachs in knots

[pic - click to view]

and yall veins pumping pure salt
 07-09-2013, 06:18 PM         #68
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cankstoochie said:
I know that noodle head. I'm saying plaques should be giving to artists who sell records to the average consumer not to billion dollar corporations.
It wasn't directed at you but pls hide your feminine ways, i ain't in to that

And who cares about all that. Hov got his bread, the artist which is what matter right??????????
 4 years ago '10        #69
Two02x3 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,587 | Props total: 6704 6704
 Jacc Blacc said:
wtf...if you were selling........cookies and Samsung came to you and said bro, love the cookies we want 5 million dollars worth to give to our customers for free........your telling me you would give a fukk about an asterik

c'mon man......you sound crazy
I feel you. I agree that Samsung is a customer and they bought the albums just like anyone else would. But fans buy the album because they are excited about the release and want to support the artist. IMO, when you start talking about business, profits, and marketing schemes...it seems less genuine.

Asterisk dont mean sh*t to jay or anyone else and I get that...I just don't view it as a moment like when 50, usher, or em did a mill that's all
 4 years ago '11        #70
apexape 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,093 | Props total: 1335 1335
 cankstoochie said:
I don't mind it being a new avenue to generate revenue but don't fu*king start handing out plaques.

1 million people downloaded the album for free the first week. 1 million people DID NOT purchase the album the first week.
Please look up what the plaques mean before you comment because you sound ignorant as fu*k.

" Music recording sales certification is a system of certifying that a music recording has shipped or sold a certain number of copies. "

It doesn't matter if one person bought a million copies or a million people buying one copy. It's a million records sold, so they give out the plaques.

Also to you n*ggas saying "sales" doesnt mean anything anymore, you've never described what its meant to mean?

the way you're making it out to be is, if a million people went out of their way and spent money on the album, it would mean that the album is of more value than if people downloaded it for free? How does that change the quality of the music?

To me sales only show how popular and loved an artist is, and people love hov, so what are u arguing about? define what its meant to mean?

the entire debate around whether it should count to sales is exactly that, SALES, which is a term in BUSINESS. not whether people wanted that album and also at the end of the day, people weren't forced to download it.
 4 years ago '12        #71
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 907 907
Some of you n*ggas in here are both mad as fu*k and stupid as fu*k

You go platinum when 1 million copies are sold/shipped, not when 1 million people buy the album

Samsung legitimately paid for 1 million copies of the album, so explain to me how Jay-Z does not deserve a platinum plaque?

Some of you n*ggas can't think at all
 4 years ago '05        #72
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,261 | Props total: 2455 2455
 S.TEX said:
so nothing came out of his pocket right? Samsung paid for everything?... And now he gets all the royalties and sales. Jesus, everybody hustling backwards.

every musician gonna be trying to sell a million copies of there album to samsung when ever the galaxy S5 drops lol
 4 years ago '12        #73
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,117 | Props total: 15677 15677
 Kobane said:
YOUNG!!!

#MyLaugh

CHUNG
[pic - click to view]

شاب
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #74
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
new rules but the same old goat

YOUNG!

the greatest ever
 4 years ago '12        #75
BrooklynSwag 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,404 | Props total: 3308 3308
 Two02x3 said:
n*gga who are you? I'm the dude who gave his opinion. You're the guy who claimed you don't care but still responded

Anyway...if cats are gonna clown Wayne for supposedly having baby buy a bunch of carter albums, then you better clown this. I don't really see it as a platinum album because dude had a deal with Samsung for them to buy the album for marketing purposes. It doesn't seem the same as a fan getting hype over the album and going to the store to buy it.

with ya asterisks
 4 years ago '04        #76
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
Its hard to even grasp the fact people are actually arguing in this thread lol. 95% of the people on this site dont buy albums, they download them for free, and in the process screw over the same people they claim to be fans of. Then have the balls to come in here and talk about sales, its crazy. Jay just showed every rapper out there how it SHOULD be done. Most rappers sole means of income are their talents as a rapper. You think they truly give a fu*k who buys their albums as long as SOMEONE is buying their albums? These guys gotta eat, i hope all rappers follow suit, and make it less and less about the numbers and more about the product they release. If they didnt have to worry about people downloading their sh*t they wouldnt have to consistently go the pop route just to get sales from demographics they aint even tryin to rap for..Every person i know with a samsung phone was talkin about that app and waitin on the album. This whole thing did exactly what both sides wanted it to do. Good for Hov, great album.

No rapper alive has done more for rap than this guy has done, i feel bad some of you wont ever fully appreciate it.
 4 years ago '04        #77
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,800 | Props total: 1823 1823
 TheMindOf said:
Oh, so NOW you n*ggas admit Birdman was buying those Carter albums?

For years you n*ggas been denying it adamantly. Now because it suits an argument that yall THINK works in your favor, yall ready to say that Birdman was buying them sh*ts..

Then you got the nerve to talk about a "lack of objectivity"

You n*ggas lost on so many levels

I never said that he didn't buy those albums, I dont know if he really did or didn't but that's not the point.

The point is that almost everyone on here believed that Birdman had to have bought a large amount of those albums and under that premise they called that shyt wack. Even if Birdman mailed them shyts out to Wayne fans yall still would call it wack.

I dont see how Jay does essentially the same thing and gets praised for it.

S.TEX said:
thing is that sh*t came out of their pocket, Jay had this album (with expensive producers) paid off by just making a tablet commercial. Not only did they pay him to make the album, he's now keeping everything after.
It has nothing to do with the money, It's the thought that you can get a platinum plaque nowadays by convincing a corporation to buy a million copies in exchange for some promotion that's wack to me. If this becomes a trend then Plaques and albums sales just wont mean as much anymore. They use to represent that millions of regular individuals spent their hard earned 12 to 15 bucks on an album you poured your heart into. IF other artists start doing this then plaques really wont mean shyt anymore, I'm sure Apple will buy 2 million Eminem albums or 3 million Taylor Swift albums maybe 4 million Adele albums.

whothebestmc said:
How is this situation comparable at all?

Samsung gave out the albums and paid for the albums.
Wasn't the belief that Birdman paid for those Wayne albums ??

If Birdman paid for these albums and hypothetically mailed them out to Wayne fans or gave them away at Wayne concerts you think that shyt would've been praised by Boxden ??

I just want you Jay fans to be honest, if someone else like Wayne,50 or Nicki did this shyt and got platinum plaques for it yall would be calling it wack.

I'm a fan of Em and Nas but if they did something like this , I would call it wack the exact same way, the whole idea of artists getting plaques as apart of endorsement deals is stupid. When you're able to say that even about an artist you like that's called being objective.
 4 years ago '11        #78
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,558 | Props total: 9462 9462
 psylence2k said:
If Birdman paid for these albums and hypothetically mailed them out to Wayne fans or gave them away at Wayne concerts you think that shyt would've been praised by Boxden ??

I just want you Jay fans to be honest, if someone else like Wayne,50 or Nicki did this shyt and got platinum plaques for it yall would be calling it wack.

I'm a fan of Em and Nas but if they did something like this , I would call it wack the exact same way, the whole idea of artists getting plaques as apart of endorsement deals is stupid. When you're able to say that even about an artist you like that's called being objective.
If I release an album and buy a million of them myself it is the same as me releasing an album and getting a multi million dollar deal for a company to buy and release the album to their users?

Jay would have gotten the plaque either way not sure why you are upset about a plaque...

But that's the thing, it's suspected birdman bought lots of the records based on the sales #s then the drop. But he never gave any of them away if he did buy them, at least none that were reported. It isn't the same as drake/j cole going and buying every copy of born sinner to give away at a concert... One is deceptive the others aren't.

I don't care if birdman did buy a lot of the albums anyways, I just thought you made a poor comparison.

It isn't even the same as gaga selling her album for 99 cents.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 07-09-2013 at 08:28 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #79
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,800 | Props total: 1823 1823
 whothebestmc said:
If I release an album and buy a million of them myself it is the same as me releasing an album and getting a multi million dollar deal for a company to buy and release the album to their users?

Jay would have gotten the plaque either way not sure why you are upset about a plaque...

But that's the thing, it's suspected birdman bought lots of the records based on the sales #s then the drop. But he never gave any of them away if he did buy them, at least none that were reported. It isn't the same as drake/j cole going and buying every copy of born sinner to give away at a concert... One is deceptive the others aren't.

I don't care if birdman did buy a lot of the albums anyways, I just thought you made a poor comparison.

It isn't even the same as gaga selling her album for 99 cents.

It's not about deception or anything like that.

It's basically about an entity with millions of dollars of disposable income essentially buying a platinum plaque for someone.

Honestly it just tarnishes what a platinum plaque represents IMO.

It has nothing directly to do with Jay-Z, any artist doing it would be wack IMO.

but that's what Jay fans wont admit, that if Em or 50 or Wayne did this that they would call it wack but since it's Jay they praise it. No matter which one of my favorite artists did this I would think it's wack.

People have always talked about hating the commercialization of Hip-Hop, this is just another step in that direction. If we made a thread a year ago asking " What do you think if artists started doing endorsement deals in exchange for album sales" Im pretty damn sure most of the people on here including the Jay fans would've called it stupid and wack.
 4 years ago '11        #80
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,558 | Props total: 9462 9462
 psylence2k said:
It's not about deception or anything like that.

It's basically about an entity with millions of dollars of disposable income essentially buying a platinum plaque for someone.

Honestly it just tarnishes what a platinum plaque represents IMO.

It has nothing directly to do with Jay-Z, any artist doing it would be wack IMO.

but that's what Jay fans wont admit, that if Em or 50 or Wayne did this that they would call it wack but since it's Jay they praise it. No matter which one of my favorite artists did this I would think it's wack.

People have always talked about hating the commercialization of Hip-Hop, this is just another step in that direction. If we made a thread a year ago asking " What do you think if artists started doing endorsement deals in exchange for album sales" Im pretty damn sure most of the people on here including the Jay fans would've called it stupid and wack.
I wouldn't call it wack.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
241 comments
2 days ago