MCHG: Another producer bites the dust?

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
49 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #101
zynnlahh 
space
space
space
$1,865 | Props total: 813 813
 s500 said:
Quincy jones never made a beat in his life or touched the instruments yet he is one of the best producers to ever live
So you're saying Quincy NEVER played an instrument on any of his recordings??
 4 years ago '07        #102
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 Curtisimo said:
That's a big myth

But you can make up lies about me (a n*gga doesn't even know how to do fruity loops) to further your point full of fallacies
historically,production credit is reserved for who made tha actually beat in rap.it also means different things for different genres,but times have changed and tha music biz has evolved.a good example of this lil girl would be what happened on lauryn hill's album.hill said she produced tha whole sh*t,and ended up gettin sued by tha actual producers.she lost tha case,and to credit them.not all album credits are them.some just list who made tha beat while some have arraigned,composed,and mixed credits.production,especially in hip hop nowadays isnt strictly limited to tha beat like it used to be

if this girls name isnt on tha credits,they stole her beat,or they brought tha full beat from her.she is 16 and from canada so im sure she dont know in's and outs from this.if they just brought tha beat from her,they dont have to give her credit,if she was to get royalties,she would likely be in tha credits

Last edited by r.burgundy; 07-10-2013 at 06:56 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #103
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 s500 said:
Quincy jones never made a beat in his life or touched the instruments yet he is one of the best producers to ever live
2 totally different genres.rnb,particulary in quincys day used a ton of live instrumentation,so a producer on those records actually composed and arraigned
 4 years ago '06        #104
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 r.burgundy said:
nah,dre is notorious for stealin beats and credits but he is also known for mastering.i guess mastering is what he is great at.jayz,snoop,etc used to all get stuff mastered by dre.u would be surprised by how many producers make beats but dont know how to master
 4 years ago '04        #105
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
I made a beat and sent it to Travi$ Scott and he said he was gonna do some stuff with it, WondaGirl recalls. A few days later he texted me and said he was about to change my life but he wouldnt tell me what he was talking about. Then he called me and told me I was officially on Jay-Zs album.
 4 years ago '10        #106
GUNITZCAPO 
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
as long as she gets paid for her contributions as she should, i dont see what the gripe would be about.

not even a mchg fan either
 4 years ago '09        #107
Rocafella310 
space
space
space
$257 | Props total: 63 63
WHen I first got the downloaded I mean purchased MCHG and I heard the track I knew off the rip it was a Travi$ Scott and Mike Dean on the keys beat. It sounds just like every other track on Owl Pharaoh.
 4 years ago '04        #108
L.E.S|M 
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 2 2
She's young and if she's humble, she'll get more work. Making a big deal over one song & your a.ss won't get invited back to the studio.
 4 years ago '04        #109
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 Ricky Retardo said:
damn on some "Stringer Bell" and "Prop" sh*t.
[pic - click to view]

( in the middle of a The Wire marathon right now)

So basically I ( or actual producer here: WonderGurl) supply the product, but the block being known for its name already (Travis Scott) takes the sale and we split the profits. regardless my name still gets out there on my own hustle.

I get the logistics but still don't feel that sh*t is right. the same with ghost-producing. at least homegirl name is in the notes, but like the theme of the LP...

#NEWRULES

Not new at all........Bad Boy, Suave House, Rap a Lot, Roc a Fella, No limit, death Row and just about every label back in the G had TEAMS of producers with the more famous one getting the credit......For example, Daz did the majority of the beats on the Chronic and Scott Storch did the majority on Chronic 2001, but to this day Dre gets the "producer of the millennium" award everytime anybody speaks about producing.....Point is....This is nothing new....
 4 years ago '13        #110
djbern 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$313 | Props total: 173 173
credit for production depends on how its negotiated by their management
 4 years ago '12        #111
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,009 | Props total: 17173 17173
 CA$H MONEY said:
Not new at all........Bad Boy, Suave House, Rap a Lot, Roc a Fella, No limit, death Row and just about every label back in the G had TEAMS of producers with the more famous one getting the credit......For example, Daz did the majority of the beats on the Chronic and Scott Storch did the majority on Chronic 2001, but to this day Dre gets the "producer of the millennium" award everytime anybody speaks about producing.....Point is....This is nothing new....
Daz also won a huge lawsuit for that sh*t and supposedly got between 20-30 milli out of that sh*t. n*gga took the money and ran South and started working with Jermaine Dupri after that lol
 4 years ago '04        #112
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 OG k!lla said:
Daz also won a huge lawsuit for that sh*t and supposedly got between 20-30 milli out of that sh*t. n*gga took the money and ran South and started working with Jermaine Dupri after that lol
lol Right her sure did....lol Cats must understand that not too many things, practices we see these days are actually new.
 4 years ago '04        #113
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,964 | Props total: 4669 4669
Or did we get fu*ked up when producers found a way to cheat?
Signin unknown n*ggas to start making their beats
If you sell your own sh*t it gotta go for cheap
Put my name on it and the price increase

-Budden
 4 years ago '08        #114
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,024 | Props total: 5085 5085
Old news most known producers don't touch the beat they just get it placed and take some credit. Would you not want to be on a Jay album just to get credit.
 4 years ago '05        #115
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,202 | Props total: 15743 15743
Moral of the thread....don't sell your beats to known producers. Unless you got them lawyers with those papers.
 4 years ago '12        #116
gizzle 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 829 829
they grabbed the beat cuz shes 16 good for her but i think they knew the media exposure would be free
 4 years ago '13        #117
YSPromoshunz 55 heat pts55
space
space
$5,463 | Props total: 4947 4947
1.In some cases beat-makers get credited as the producer as in (Produced By beat-maker's name)

2.In some cases beat-makers send their beats off to a producer,weed carrier,middle man and that person may or may not take the credit without doing anything at all to the beat.

3.In some cases when the beat-maker send their beats off with the track-outs(meaning every sound they used to make the beat which means the beat can be re arrangeable or adjusted) a producer may take sound(s) out,turn sound(s) up/down,replace sound(s),add sound(s), or simply rearrange the entire beat around and that's why they think they deserve credit for the production.

Every situation is different from the other one so you can't compare one situation to another one.
It's also true that every beat-maker doesn't know how to mix and master their own beats but that's what an engineer is used for to mix and master the beat when it's needed and the vocals on the record.
In this particular case nobody really knows the facts of the situation just a lot of a.ssumptions and opinions.Nobody knows if she produced the entire beat by herself and Travis Scott just got it to Jay or if he or anybody else added or took something in or out the beat.Until the full story comes out y'all need to keep your opinions and a.ssumptions to yourselves.

Last edited by YSPromoshunz; 07-11-2013 at 09:02 AM..
 4 years ago '13        #118
space
space
 Jaymalls said:
Okay smart guys... show me a VST and a preset/setting that can replicate that "deep synth" sound Mike Dean used in CROWN, "Upper Echelon," and many of Ye tracks!
What exact "deep synth" are you referring to? Pretty sure it could be EASILY replicated in less than 5 minutes
 4 years ago '13        #119
space
space
At 1:40 you see Travis Scott saying he produced "Upper Echelon"

[video - click to view]

On this guy's "JGRAMM" soundclick page you see where he's saying he is the producer of the beat co-prod by Mike Dean
UPPER ECHELON FT. TI,2CHAINZ (Prod. JGramm)

Then if you go to this other beat "THE TRILLE$T" that's on his page it sounds real similar to "Upper Echelon" mixed and mastered and everything.

Last edited by YSPromoshunz; 07-11-2013 at 09:03 AM..
 07-11-2013, 05:56 AM         #120
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Birds start chirping as soon as the real speak(YSPromoshunz). Instead of the opinionated sh*t goin on in here, whoever has r had experience as far as getting a beat placed shldve told exactly how sh*t went dwn in THEIR situation instead of thinkn they know ab everyone elses
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now