most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
244 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
403 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #81
Meskalin 
space
space
$396 | Props total: 0 0
He placed the beat...it was originally his. If he placed it on another album he would get original credits.

It's just how the industry works.

D-Dot got credit for Kanye's work

Teddy Riley got credit for Pharrell's work

Dr. Dre got credit for 4898923 producers work.

Just how it works.
 4 years ago '11        #82
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
 Kyrietolakers said:
Dr.Dre is doing the same but backwards.
One example.

*Produced By PHONIX* = mixed and mastered by dr.dre

n*gga that's a fu*king dre beat, I don't care what yall say.
Since he left interscope, im sure jimmy aint tryna have dr dre giving n*ggas that aint on his label beats like this.
Since Dre tight with Stat quo he did that...
nah Dre just doesnt produce lol. same with Kanye...they have a team of people making shiit for them. Ye did it for D-Dot...Trav i'm a.ssuming does that for him...it goes down the line.
 4 years ago '05        #83
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,084 | Props total: 223 223
sh*t man she been puttin in work apparently...that Uptown beat got energy as well.

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #84
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$18,930 | Props total: 4485 4485
She prolly ain't got proper paper work if u ain't got proper paper work for ya sh*t they ain't gotta credit u
 4 years ago '04        #85
Demac 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,365 | Props total: 3 3
 cankstoochie said:
And i hate reading production credits and seeing 4 people producing 1 beat. Wtf? Why do you need 4 people to produce 1 beat?

Mannie used to produce whole albums by himself. Easy mo bee produces whole somgs by himself. Daz used to produce whole songs by himself.
Mannie didn't "fully" produce. He did have help from keyboardist and such. He would always shout them out in the intro tracks of the Albums.
 07-10-2013, 12:41 AM         #86
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cnt believe the sh*t im seein in here. Thank god i been peeping game the whole time me n my lil bro been doin this sh*t and know how the industry works. Goodluck to some of yall. Being stubborn thinkn you know it all when u dnt when n*ggas tellin the right sh*t is one way to fu*k any n everything up for yourself.
 4 years ago '07        #87
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
$836 | Props total: 104 104
You haven't gotten any of your fruity loop beats picked up? This sh*t is common practice man, you pay your dues and play your part. As someone said before a producer is almost like the creative director and oversees the entire process of the record. She got her technical credit for composing the BEAT, he got the producer credit for overseeing the SONG.

goddamnyaman
 4 years ago '11        #88
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 364 364
 cankstoochie said:
Sean c & lv is who I see beside his name. So I'm guessing they did the beats and puff prolly added a hi hat
JUMP TO 2:30

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '11        #89
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 364 364
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
that clown has NO CLUE what he's sayin LOL

There's VSTS that are used for movie scores ..but there's no way they cant possibly replicate a "deep synth"
 Jussn Kredible said:
c'mon son, what would be the reason a VST cant make a deep sound? some of these VSTs are over 30 and 40 gigs worth of sounds, n u think there aint a deep synth in one of em? 'deepness' would be determined by the original sound and how its eq'd/mixed, not because a VST 'cant make a deep synth'
 BlessInTheSky said:
Please tell me you're joking. A synth is an ELECTRONIC sound. Of course you can replicate a synth sound with a VST. WTF?
Okay smart guys... show me a VST and a preset/setting that can replicate that "deep synth" sound Mike Dean used in CROWN, "Upper Echelon," and many of Ye tracks!
 4 years ago '05        #90
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,237 | Props total: 9638 9638
 s500 said:
Obviously this thread and replys is misleading let me learn you something

A producer does not have to make a beat they produce a song they do not have to have anything to do with an actual beat being made

A beatmaker/programmer does not mean they produced the song .. Legally all the 16 year old did was program music and that's what she is paid and credited for. This is basic music law 101

She takes sounds and arranges and programs them ( that's what she was credited for )

While he sat with Jay or in a session an actually produced the song that's what he is paid and credited for.

Alot of times you guys are misunderstanding the term of producer and that's bad especially for future producers or beat makers whom lack common knowledge in music business and law.

In a nut shell she is a beatmaker that's not the Samething as a producer so unless she sat with jay and guided his vocals , guided his session , guided the engineer or other instrumentalist then she didnt produce this record.. She simply programmed and wrote the beat
 4 years ago '04        #91
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,703 | Props total: 23204 23204
damn got that lil girl gassed up

been knew the game dirty
 4 years ago '12        #92
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,007 | Props total: 17158 17158
 s500 said:
Quincy jones never made a beat in his life or touched the instruments yet he is one of the best producers to ever live
Quincy Jones actually toured the world as one of the lead trumpet players in Dizzy Gillespies band and eventually took over as director for Gillespie. He had a full scholarship to Berklee for writing music as well since he was gifted at actually writing music, not just 'arranging sounds'.

Also toured with multiple Jazz Orchestras and Lionel Hampton as a trumpet player

Thats all without me having to google, I know that from actually knowing about sh*t like this...pretty sure he played drums and sax to tho.

But carry on
 4 years ago '12        #93
space
space
 DanBootleg said:
This isn't new at all, in fact Travis did more for her than what a lot of producers would do. Nobody knows about Apex productions but he used to ghost produce for Swizz, don't believe me?
Actually quite a few people knew about Apex. He just drifted off after the 50 placement...but dude did interview after interview regarding his placement(s) and then he was gone. His situation really aint got sh*t to do with this one
 4 years ago '07        #94
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
The higher up u go, the more bullsh*t politics and weed carriers putting their name on everything on some share the wealth sh*t

4 years ago '12        #95
space
space
 Jaymalls said:
Okay smart guys... show me a VST and a preset/setting that can replicate that "deep synth" sound Mike Dean used in CROWN, "Upper Echelon," and many of Ye tracks!
Never about what you use fam, its all about whose using it and the ability they possess. Asking for someone to show you a VST with a deep synth in it is pretty hilarious to be honest.

Some of you are getting so upset about all of this

Did any of you check out shorties other joints? Shes actually pretty dope

Im mad she took down her Michael Jackson remix of "Remember The Time"....I wanted to download it after hearing it in the app and now she has it removed...that sh*t was jammin

Edit: Industry d!ckriders watching these threads is at an all time high. Gotten called regarding quite a few posts jesus christ folks people are entitled to their opinions

Last edited by OldBusiness; 07-10-2013 at 02:03 AM..
 4 years ago '06        #96
frequent23 
space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 82 82
She didn't actually produce it tho she jus programmed the drums n melody
 4 years ago '08        #97
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,104 | Props total: 23319 23319
 OG k!lla said:
Edit: Industry d!ckriders watching these threads is at an all time high. Gotten called regarding quite a few posts jesus christ folks people are entitled to their opinions
they must think you're a mod or something
 4 years ago '12        #98
space
space
 Arson said:
they must think you're a mod or something
Nah just dumbass sh*t. Its hilarious

n*ggas are watching this and a few of the other threads like mad. Even got folks on alias accounts nowadays posting

Ah man bx is hilarious
 07-10-2013, 04:02 AM         #99
NoIgnant005 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and that's the way it goes boys ...

no more singers, just auto-tune
no more lyricists, just ghostwriters
no more producers, just ghost-producers
 4 years ago '07        #100
zynnlahh 
space
space
space
$1,864 | Props total: 813 813
In some cases you're a producer to them only if they want you to be. Meaning, even if she wanted to be a part of the recording process, jay would still have to approve her being apart of that process.

These days it's hard being the producer you want to be because a lot of these acts go thru the whole recording process without acquiring any a.ssistance from the person that actually made the beat.
You think she didn't wanna be there to warn her "producer's credit"??
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago