MCHG: Another producer bites the dust?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #61
Sinamatik CFR 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,361 | Props total: 7793 7793
its part of the game... nothing new at all, that beat was probably altered 3 times over from the original version she sent... at least she got "additional programming" credits, n*ggas put in work and got nada in return but a losing argument and lawyer fees....
 4 years ago '04        #62
Phemom 
space
space
space
$1,204 | Props total: 278 278
If I were a rapper with a budget, I would just holla at her directly then. She's only 16....so I would guess you could get a hit for cheap right now.
 4 years ago '06        #63
Kick Dayez 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,686 | Props total: 254 254
bites the dust tho?

its called ghost producing
kanye even talks about going throught the same sh*t when he was comin up.. this is actually a pretty good look for dat guhl
 4 years ago '10        #64
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
All part of the game..

I remember seeing Just Blaze talk at A3C. He was talking about being young and brought on to the Bad Boy production C-Team

He said he put hands on a couple of those Shiny Suit era classics that came out of that camp and aint get no credit, whatsoever.

But he knew that was his way to get into the game, so he aint sweat it like that. And he was right.
 4 years ago '09        #65
MrPrez510 
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 87 87
She has to pay her dues. Watch her blow if she doesn't cry about it a-la Dash.
 4 years ago '06        #66
joyn6160 
space
space
space
$70 | Props total: 3 3
We also don't know what the original beat sounded like before Travis Scott got his hands on it.
 4 years ago '12        #67
Ricky Retardo 43 heat pts43 OP
space
space
$5,983 | Props total: 13721 13721
 Kick Dayez said:
bites the dust tho?

its called ghost producing
kanye even talks about going throught the same sh*t when he was comin up.. this is actually a pretty good look for dat guhl
true but kanye didn't start exposing that until he became Kanye West we know now. at that time his name was no where in the credits.

what occurred here is Travis & Mike Dean getting prod credit while she has a programming credit. why not put her name in prod credit with everyone else? just didn't make sense to me.
 4 years ago '07        #68
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4825 4825
 Ricky Retardo said:
true but kanye didn't start exposing that until he became Kanye West we know now. at that time his name was no where in the credits.

what occurred here is Travis & Mike Dean getting prod credit while she has a programming credit. why not put her name in prod credit with everyone else? just didn't make sense to me.
its a dirty nasty weasel driven business.in this case though,anything that girl gets is a win.she has a credit on tha worlds biggest rappers album at 16 years old
 4 years ago '07        #69
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,326 | Props total: 1111 1111
 AmericanGangsta said:
The way it works is this:

When a new producer has a beat, they go thru a production company. If that beat places, the PRODUCTION company receives credit while the producer gets co-production and/or writer credits. Its your name in the book, royalties (maybe) and at least now you known.

So in this particular case...the girl sent Travis the beat. her and anyone else who sends him beats, he takes those beats along with his own sh*t, and shops it to artists like Jay-Z. When it places, Travis Scott Music gets credit, not just her. Its all about the middleman, the dealership, and just like homie said earlier you being on THEIR block. Its messed up but at the same time, she has her name in the game now and its known she's who actually made the beat, versus the millions of other producers who made classics that no one knows who it is. Prime example (and no this is no classic) Put you on to Game wasnt actually produced by Timbaland he just added some hi hats, but whoever made it sent to him, and the beat was placed under tim's production company.
So basically dude is a broker?
 4 years ago '04        #70
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,599 | Props total: 369 369
 Ricky Retardo said:
So i just finished downloading MCHG from iTunes and like most people i checked out the booklet and discovered something odd about Track 8: "Crown".

I thought it was Produced by the 16 year old phenom Wondagurl but...

Now homegirl said she sent Trav the beat but, wouldn't that just give him Co-producer credit?
how he get a full producer's credit on a beat that was given to him?

being an up and coming producer myself i find this odd and appalling since she is doing major press and getting a sh*t load of notoriety.

is it a simple mix up in the art department?

or deception on Travis Scott's part?

you cant be naïve. dude, copyright everything before you send it to someone.... also take note of this. Toni Braxton made a song call me and my boyfriend with the Pac beat. Jay was at def jam, they told her it was not a good song and didn't release it then Jay and Beyoncé came out with that song... If they want something that taking it.. Jay might feel that she don't deserve to be on his garbage getting that much credit...Jay has control over all that stuff 'beleeve' that
 4 years ago '04        #71
Go Get It 
space
space
$100 | Props total: 6 6
Man, clearly you guys are rookies...there is more to producing a beat than making it.

The PRODUCER has to make sure the beat sounds great, vocals recorded and sound right, track is mixed right, and sometimes mastered right.

That girl just programmed the beat, she didn't PRODUCE the complete song cos she didn't do all the rest. The additional credit also suggests that they took her beat and upped the levels more, so what she sent was probably in demo quality, which you would expect from a kid her age.

They didn't rip her off, if anything they threw her a bone by doing the rest of the work, something she would NOT have been experienced enough to do, I bet half of you beat makers can't even mix or master your sh*t right, let alone get the right vocal chain for someone like Jay Z...with your budget microphones...gtfo

Travis helped her at least step her publishing up, she owes him for life helping her get her foot in.
 4 years ago '05        #72
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,194 | Props total: 11789 11789
 DanBootleg said:
Yeah but did you know he produced I'm A Hustler? Check the drum pattern.
"I" knew. Yeah. Cuz when I wanna know who made a beat ill look it up. And u can tell cuz he used the same pattern. But the avg person? Nah. They prolly didn't know.
 4 years ago '05        #73
kh RON OloGiCaL 1 heat pts
space
space
$834 | Props total: 184 184
 Sinamatik CFR said:
its part of the game... nothing new at all, that beat was probably altered 3 times over from the original version she sent... at least she got "additional programming" credits, n*ggas put in work and got nada in return but a losing argument and lawyer fees....
This. The sh*t isn't soundclick n*ggas. When you recording on that level with protools, the beat you start out with is a shell of what it becomes. The n*gga behind the boards, editing it and adjusting it to match up with your vocals, adding break downs, etc. deserve the producer credit just as much as shorty. I'm not saying that was Travis Scott, but I think it's widely accepted that most big name producers really are teams with 1 individual being the big name that gets the credit. Remember when Danja was under timbo and slowly started his own come up? It's common place in the industry. "The music biz is shady it need to be taken over"
 4 years ago '07        #74
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 1051 1051
 Jaymalls said:
This^ Whoever think shorty produced "Crown" by herself is a complete idiot. They dont have any FL Plugins/VTs that can make that deep synth that Mike Dean always uses yet... and staking synths plus a good mix wont help either.

1 of the many dumbass comments in this dumbass thread! There is a BIG difference between a "BEAT MAKER' and a "PRODUCER." Hit youtube n look up Sean C & LV's interview discussing the making of "American Gangster" so you can feel as stupid as you are!
Sean c & lv is who I see beside his name. So I'm guessing they did the beats and puff prolly added a hi hat
 4 years ago '04        #75
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,172 | Props total: 8732 8732
 AmericanGangsta said:
The way it works is this:

When a new producer has a beat, they go thru a production company. If that beat places, the PRODUCTION company receives credit while the producer gets co-production and/or writer credits. Its your name in the book, royalties (maybe) and at least now you known.

So in this particular case...the girl sent Travis the beat. her and anyone else who sends him beats, he takes those beats along with his own sh*t, and shops it to artists like Jay-Z. When it places, Travis Scott Music gets credit, not just her. Its all about the middleman, the dealership, and just like homie said earlier you being on THEIR block. Its messed up but at the same time, she has her name in the game now and its known she's who actually made the beat, versus the millions of other producers who made classics that no one knows who it is. Prime example (and no this is no classic) Put you on to Game wasnt actually produced by Timbaland he just added some hi hats, but whoever made it sent to him, and the beat was placed under tim's production company.
Put you on to game was produced by danjahandz but he got his credit...I just bought jayz album and her name isn't in the booklet for crown, it's under hitboy tracks, maybe that's a mistake but even on the crown track, her name is not in writers credit so she prolly didnt get paid and will not recieve royalties
 4 years ago '13        #76
Dodgers 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,322 | Props total: 3113 3113
Travis Scott is done
 4 years ago '05        #77
kh RON OloGiCaL 1 heat pts
space
space
$834 | Props total: 184 184
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
Exactly.. and usually when that happens they at least get "co produced" not no "additional arrangement" aint nobody payin attention to that sh*t.

How its "additional arrangement" when its HER fu*kin idea in the first place?? LOL
Your smoking some powerful sh*t you think that it always goes down like that. The bigger name will 85% of the time get the credit. You better believe there are producers who had wished they got that "additional programming credit" because they didn't get sh*t but useful networking.
 4 years ago '04        #78
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,172 | Props total: 8732 8732
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
so she didnt even get her credit for the track???

Wowwwww
In the book it's say additional programming under hitboy track...that might have been mistake but under the writers credit, her name isn't on neither track...under "crown" it says Travis Scott name, mike dean and the people they sampled from
 07-09-2013, 08:29 PM         #80
AmericanGangsta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MGz said:
Put you on to game was produced by danjahandz but he got his credit...I just bought jayz album and her name isn't in the booklet for crown, it's under hitboy tracks, maybe that's a mistake but even on the crown track, her name is not in writers credit so she prolly didnt get paid and will not recieve royalties
She doesnt recieve royalties herself...the production company does. She recieves a payment from that company.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy