MCHG: Another producer bites the dust?

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #41
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
stop it..

If any established producer with a name would've emailed that beat and got it to jay they would've gotten full production credit whether they were in the studio or not... it happens everyday..

so u can go head wit that bullsh*t.
He's confusing song producer with the executive producer of the album. Timbaland and Young Guru produced the song if you want to get technical.
 4 years ago '05        #42
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,219 | Props total: 15785 15785
 TayMasterChef said:
He always addin lil sh*t to beats callin his self a co producer, this n*gga will add a hi hat and act like he played a major part in it
 4 years ago '05        #43
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,219 | Props total: 15785 15785
On the real though, ya'll arguing going back and forth...but trust me I'm sure ol gurl will be eating good off the credits/royalites alone. So most of you can relax

Like was said earlier, most cats won't even be able to get there names in the credits...let alone any type of recognition.
 4 years ago '05        #44
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,196 | Props total: 11804 11804
 lil antman said:
if you guys actually think 16 year old girl fully made that sh*t youre retarded af...she may have sent the original idea..melody...a few sounds...but travis scott and mike dean produced that sh*t up

i'm a producer...i completely understand the game and how it works and what all of you are saying..but thats not what happened...travis heard the beat she sent...and made it what it actually is
Yeah cuz if you're a certain age u can't make a beat.......
 4 years ago '12        #45
Ricky Retardo 43 heat pts43 OP
space
space
$5,989 | Props total: 13796 13796
 s500 said:
Obviously this thread and replys is misleading let me learn you something

A producer does not have to make a beat they produce a song they do not have to have anything to do with an actual beat being made

A beatmaker/programmer does not mean they produced the song .. Legally all the 16 year old did was program music and that's what she is paid and credited for. This is basic music law 101

She takes sounds and arranges and programs them ( that's what she was credited for )

While he sat with Jay or in a session an actually produced the song that's what he is paid and credited for.

Alot of times you guys are misunderstanding the term of producer and that's bad especially for future producers or beat makers whom lack common knowledge in music business and law.

In a nut shell she is a beatmaker that's not the Samething as a producer so unless she sat with jay and guided his vocals , guided his session , guided the engineer or other instrumentalist then she didnt produce this record.. She simply programmed and wrote the beat
this was the answer i was looking for.

now i'm well aware of the difference between a producer and a beatmaker. the song creation has everything to do with Jay, Trav, and Mike being in the studio mixing all their ideas together. but that idea still stems from the track Wondergurl sent Trav.

now "Addt. Prog" is what Timbaland does to alot of Danja's beats. i find it odd to give her all this press if all she did was lay the foundation down for the track and not a.ssist in key elements of the actual song.

we probably will never hear what the track sounded like before Mike Dean and Travis Scott got a hold of it but like i said in my OP, as an up-and coming producer i had countless beefs with some of hip hop's most popular artists for credit on tracks they put out to the public.

Publishing/Royalties is great but your name is what builds you credibility and longevity. Tim, P, Swizz do not have to email blast n*ggas anymore, people come to them for their name alone. but it had to start somewhere.

in a nutshell mission accomplished on her part.

Edit: i hear people complaining bout Kanye listing 8 people on production credit. at least he gives everybody their just dues

Last edited by Ricky Retardo; 07-09-2013 at 11:47 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #46
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
 TayMasterChef said:
He always addin lil sh*t to beats callin his self a co producer, this n*gga will add a hi hat and act like he played a major part in it
Isn't that the same sh*t Puffy did with the Hitmen? Throw a "That's Right" on there and act like he produced the entire song!!!
 4 years ago '04        #47
TeflonDon 
space
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 46 46
Wundagirl took the sample and flipped it then sent it to Travis Scott who added some sounds to it then Timbaland did the drums and sequenced it.
 4 years ago '06        #48
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
 r.burgundy said:
nah,dre is notorious for stealin beats and credits but he is also known for mastering.i guess mastering is what he is great at.jayz,snoop,etc used to all get stuff mastered by dre.u would be surprised by how many producers make beats but dont know how to master
he might be "stealing" beats from time to time, but don't forget that he's a producer, not a beat maker anymore

but, he did gave a lot of credits to other producers
The documentary is the perfect example, he re did every single beat on the album that wasn't produced by him, and let the credits to the OG producer
Cool & Dre admited their version of Hate it or love it was trash compared to what Dre did

As far as mastering and mixing, yeah he ranked pretty high at this no doubt.

Mike Lynn (A&R for Aftermath): “‘Hate It Or Love It’ was for 50. 50 called me when he did ‘Hate It Or Love It’ like, ‘I’m thinking about keeping it for myself and G-Unit, but I might give it to Game.’ He played it for me over the phone and I’m like, ‘We gotta have that!’ I knew it had a chance to be a single, but Dre wasn’t 100 percent sure because of the tempo. But when we tested it, it came back and people were definitely into it.

“Dr. Dre completely reproduced that track. He had it replayed. He never took credit for it, he still let them get producer credit, that’s how he is. It’s funny to me when people say, ‘Dre took my beat’ and this and that. It’s like, Come on man all that sh*t is bullsh*t. I seen so many producers eating out there because their material sounded professional, but in the beginning of their career their music wasn’t nowhere near professional. Dre made it sound professional. Every record on that album Dr. Dre touched. Everything. ‘Hate It Or Love It’ sounded like a sample, Dre made it sound like a record. Dre cleaned it up [on the] musical side. He had the baseline played so it actually sounded professional. He made those records. If they play you their version and his version, they’re night and day. He had to [get co-producer credit], he did all the work. [Laughs.]”
Dre (of Cool & Dre):“But Dre had put the most amazing mix on it. Like his mixes are so fu*king phenomenal. Trust me there was a difference sonically, but as for the record itself the music was the same. But Dre brought it to life. [As a mixer is] what I think is his greatest quality. His sound placement and how his sh*t comes out sonically. That's why they're his headphones. His ear for instrument placement is amazing. A Dr. Dre mix is a co-production in our mind because he just kinda brings sh*t out that was not there and that's what he did. And, if I'm not mistaken at the end of the hook he added a string going into the verse.”
 4 years ago '05        #49
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,196 | Props total: 11804 11804
 DanBootleg said:
Nobody knows about Apex productions.
"I Get Money" was one of 50s biggest singles tho
 4 years ago '05        #50
space
space
Lol I bet the only thing Travis did was clean it up, eq it, and switch out drums to a better kit.
 4 years ago '11        #51
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,933 | Props total: 366 366
 lil antman said:
if you guys actually think 16 year old girl fully made that sh*t youre retarded af...she may have sent the original idea..melody...a few sounds...but travis scott and mike dean produced that sh*t up

i'm a producer...i completely understand the game and how it works and what all of you are saying..but thats not what happened...travis heard the beat she sent...and made it what it actually is
This^ Whoever think shorty produced "Crown" by herself is a complete idiot. They dont have any FL Plugins/VTs that can make that deep synth that Mike Dean always uses yet... and staking synths plus a good mix wont help either.

cankstoochie said:
Puffy used to do this all the time. Heck he did this on jayz American gangster album.

Yall know puffy doesn't know how to produce a fu*king song.
1 of the many dumbass comments in this dumbass thread! There is a BIG difference between a "BEAT MAKER' and a "PRODUCER." Hit youtube n look up Sean C & LV's interview discussing the making of "American Gangster" so you can feel as stupid as you are!
 4 years ago '05        #52
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said:
"I Get Money" was one of 50s biggest singles tho
Yeah but did you know he produced I'm A Hustler? Check the drum pattern.
 4 years ago '04        #53
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 58 58
 Jaymalls said:
This^ Whoever think shorty produced "Crown" by herself is a complete idiot. They dont have any FL Plugins/VTs that can make that deep synth that Mike Dean always uses yet... and staking synths plus a good mix wont help either.

1 of the many dumbass comments in this dumbass thread! There is a BIG difference between a "BEAT MAKER' and a "PRODUCER." Hit youtube n look up Sean C & LV's interview discussing the making of "American Gangster" so you can feel as stupid as you are!
c'mon son, what would be the reason a VST cant make a deep sound? some of these VSTs are over 30 and 40 gigs worth of sounds, n u think there aint a deep synth in one of em? 'deepness' would be determined by the original sound and how its eq'd/mixed, not because a VST 'cant make a deep synth'
 4 years ago '04        #54
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 TayMasterChef said:
the ol' Puff Daddy "take that, take that" producer trick? Hmmmmm

there was no fu*ken way this girl was gonna get top billing on an album from an A-level artists. just hope she got paid she's not even listed as a writer. she about to learn this publishing thing the hard way

and who's to say that she didnt put in that work and produce it herself?
 4 years ago '04        #55
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,552 | Props total: 2661 2661
She made the beat, producing is more than making the beat......but im sure Travis didnt produce the track either
 4 years ago '04        #56
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,552 | Props total: 2661 2661
 DanBootleg said:
Yeah but did you know he produced I'm A Hustler? Check the drum pattern.
Apex got credit for where the cash at.....and he bit the drums from Im a Hustler, he didnt make or produce it. Thats a simple drum pattern by the way.
 4 years ago '04        #57
THUN 
space
space
space
$88 | Props total: 0 0
Well, thing is there is a Canadian producer by the name of Jgramm who did upper echelon as well as another 1 or 2 joints I think on owl pharoah...Im sure most people think it was all Trav on that one too. Look him up.
 07-09-2013, 02:46 PM         #58
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At least she got her foot in the door. I hope she's educating herself on the business side of things so she can get the most out of the industry
 4 years ago '09        #59
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,315 | Props total: 7971 7971
maybe she's the "beatmaker" but travis and mike dean are the "producers", kanye doesnt make beats anymore but he still produces and gets 98% of all the credit
 4 years ago '12        #60
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,237 | Props total: 7621 7621
 Jaymalls said:

Please tell me you're joking. A synth is an ELECTRONIC sound. Of course you can replicate a synth sound with a VST. WTF?
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy