most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
43 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
127 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #21
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,577 | Props total: 1046 1046
Puffy used to do this all the time. Heck he did this on jayz American gangster album.

Yall know puffy doesn't know how to produce a fu*king song.
 07-09-2013, 09:17 AM         #22
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's how the game go, producers get in that position to hand sh*t off but they want to stamp their name on it. But yeah, she probably tracked it out and they built the beat up.
 4 years ago '07        #23
space
space
And i hate reading production credits and seeing 4 people producing 1 beat. Wtf? Why do you need 4 people to produce 1 beat?

Mannie used to produce whole albums by himself. Easy mo bee produces whole somgs by himself. Daz used to produce whole songs by himself.
 07-09-2013, 09:21 AM         #24
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AmericanGangsta said:
The way it works is this:

When a new producer has a beat, they go thru a production company. If that beat places, the PRODUCTION company receives credit while the producer gets co-production and/or writer credits. Its your name in the book, royalties (maybe) and at least now you known.

So in this particular case...the girl sent Travis the beat. her and anyone else who sends him beats, he takes those beats along with his own sh*t, and shops it to artists like Jay-Z. When it places, Travis Scott Music gets credit, not just her. Its all about the middleman, the dealership, and just like homie said earlier you being on THEIR block. Its messed up but at the same time, she has her name in the game now and its known she's who actually made the beat, versus the millions of other producers who made classics that no one knows who it is. Prime example (and no this is no classic) Put you on to Game wasnt actually produced by Timbaland he just added some hi hats, but whoever made it sent to him, and the beat was placed under tim's production company.
Yup this is how go. You gonna get r*ped in this game if you want that spotlight, everyone want a piece of your publishing.

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 07-09-2013 at 09:23 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #25
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5485 5485
F#ck a Travis $cott

Taking credit for a 16 yr old girls work like a true snake
 4 years ago '04        #26
thetrapper 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 1193 1193
 Ricky Retardo said:
So i just finished downloading MCHG from iTunes and like most people i checked out the booklet and discovered something odd about Track 8: "Crown".

I thought it was Produced by the 16 year old phenom Wondagurl but...

Now homegirl said she sent Trav the beat but, wouldn't that just give him Co-producer credit?
how he get a full producer's credit on a beat that was given to him?

being an up and coming producer myself i find this odd and appalling since she is doing major press and getting a sh*t load of notoriety.

is it a simple mix up in the art department?

or deception on Travis Scott's part?

its the music biz

bigger producer who walk in up and comers beats always take the credit to "put on" the new producer

one reason why is most big producers have to obligations in their big publishing deals

a big placement like a jay z album will enact an incentive clause....bigger advances bmi or ascap wise

it boils down to dollars and cents bruh at the end of the day

behind the scenes if yall knew man
 4 years ago '10        #27
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,617 | Props total: 4373 4373
 dlettern said:
Only you care about this sh*t. I dont see paper from either situation so I don't give a fu*k. I just listen to the music as a fan. That's what fans do
you are just one backwards a.ss guy
 4 years ago '05        #28
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
It's the game. Some of ya'll just brand new. #SAMERULES
 07-09-2013, 09:52 AM         #29
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rap game is a dirty game, ain't nothing sweet about it. Bestbelieve dat playboi. A lot of n*ggas playing dumb to get on, if y'all would have tried to check Travis on this you would be back at square one, no MTV interview for you.
 4 years ago '07        #30
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,830 | Props total: 4804 4804
 Kyrietolakers said:
Dr.Dre is doing the same but backwards.
One example.

*Produced By PHONIX* = mixed and mastered by dr.dre

n*gga that's a fu*king dre beat, I don't care what yall say.
Since he left interscope, im sure jimmy aint tryna have dr dre giving n*ggas that aint on his label beats like this.

Since Dre tight with Stat quo he did that...
nah,dre is notorious for stealin beats and credits but he is also known for mastering.i guess mastering is what he is great at.jayz,snoop,etc used to all get stuff mastered by dre.u would be surprised by how many producers make beats but dont know how to master
 4 years ago '05        #31
sleezy 
space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 1146 1146
I a.ssume her being 16 don't have the proper paperwork to get full credit so she went thru Travis sh*t to get the placement, plus the beat she did prolly wasn't full so the established cats added some accompanying melodies, bridges etc, she did say she is learning the piano cuz of this, but as long as her name is out there she should take advantage of it
 4 years ago '09        #32
messy marv stan 4530 heat pts4530
space
space
$53,727 | Props total: 66509 66509
camel stans spend too much time about wondering if a song was done by this or that producer

who gives a fu*k if k-fed produced one of the tracks on the camels cd
 4 years ago '04        #33
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 2 2
its almost as though beatmakers =/= producers ......
 4 years ago '07        #34
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
nah,dre is notorious for stealin beats and credits but he is also known for mastering.i guess mastering is what he is great at.jayz,snoop,etc used to all get stuff mastered by dre.u would be surprised by how many producers make beats but dont know how to master
How do we know dr. Dre even masters the music? He prolly has the equipment to master the music but let's someone else master it and he takes the credit for it. I dont trust dre. He's a dope producer but he hasn't worked in years.
 4 years ago '07        #35
space
space
Whats the name of her publishing company? If she doesn't have her own publishing shes not getting paid.
 4 years ago '12        #36
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,970 | Props total: 17011 17011
So much for #newrules lmao
 4 years ago '05        #37
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
This isn't new at all, in fact Travis did more for her than what a lot of producers would do. Nobody knows about Apex productions but he used to ghost produce for Swizz, don't believe me?

[video - click to view]

Credits Apex

[video - click to view]

Credits Swizz

Anyways, people know about Wondagurl now, bet money people come to her for work.
 4 years ago '13        #38
chillin chillin 
space
space
space
$93 | Props total: 7 7
 TayMasterChef said:
He always addin lil sh*t to beats callin his self a co producer, this n*gga will add a hi hat and act like he played a major part in it
Give another example
you talkin just to talk right now
 4 years ago '10        #39
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,111 | Props total: 1269 1269
"beat out of yo beat"
 4 years ago '10        #40
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,111 | Props total: 1269 1269
 s500 said:
Obviously this thread and replys is misleading let me learn you something

A producer does not have to make a beat they produce a song they do not have to have anything to do with an actual beat being made

A beatmaker/programmer does not mean they produced the song .. Legally all the 16 year old did was program music and that's what she is paid and credited for. This is basic music law 101

She takes sounds and arranges and programs them ( that's what she was credited for )

While he sat with Jay or in a session an actually produced the song that's what he is paid and credited for.

Alot of times you guys are misunderstanding the term of producer and that's bad especially for future producers or beat makers whom lack common knowledge in music business and law.

In a nut shell she is a beatmaker that's not the Samething as a producer so unless she sat with jay and guided his vocals , guided his session , guided the engineer or other instrumentalist then she didnt produce this record.. She simply programmed and wrote the beat

makes motherfu*kin sense......good post homie
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
25 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
269 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
60 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
63 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
85 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
109 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
62 comments
18 hours ago