MCHG: Another producer bites the dust?

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '12        #1
16641 pageviews
163 comments

Ricky Retardo 43 heat pts43
space
space
$5,983 | Props total: 13721 13721
MCHG: Another producer bites the dust?

So i just finished downloading MCHG from iTunes and like most people i checked out the booklet and discovered something odd about Track 8: "Crown".

I thought it was Produced by the 16 year old phenom Wondagurl but...

CROWN
(S. Carter, J. Webster, M. Dean, K. Bennett,
M. Coll ins, B. Dixon)
PRODUCED BY: Travis Scott for Travis Scott Music and Mike
Dean for #MWA
ADDITIONAL PROGRAMMING BY: Ebony “Wondagurl”
Oshunrinde

ADD ITIONAL VOCALS BY: Travis Scott
PUB LISHED BY: Carter Boys/Warner Chappell (ASCAP )//
Travis Scott Publishing (BMI )// Pappa George Music/
EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI )// Universal PolyGram
Int. Publishing, Inc. o/b/o Dubplate Music Publishers Ltd.
(ASCAP )// Zabogaubhi Music (ASCAP )// STB Music, Inc.
SAMPLE: Use of “Solid As A Rock” performed by Sizzla,
courtesy of VP Music Group, Inc.
This composition embodies portions of “Solid As A Rock”,
written by K. Bennett, M. Collins, B. Dixon, published by
Universal PolyGram Int. Publishing, Inc. o/b/o Dubplate
Music Publishers Ltd. (ASCAP )// Zabogaubhi Music
(ASCAP )// STB Music, Inc.
RECORDED BY: Ramon Rivas at Oven Studios & Jungle City
Studios, NYC
ASS ISTED BY: Zeke Mishanec
MIXED BY: Mike Dean for #MWA at Dean’s List House of Hits,
Soho, NYC

Now homegirl said she sent Trav the beat but, wouldn't that just give him Co-producer credit?
how he get a full producer's credit on a beat that was given to him?

being an up and coming producer myself i find this odd and appalling since she is doing major press and getting a sh*t load of notoriety.

is it a simple mix up in the art department?

or deception on Travis Scott's part?

163 comments for "MCHG: Another producer bites the dust?"

4 years ago '12        #2
BaconGod 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,230 | Props total: 652 652
I knew that sh*t was Travis Scott because the sh*t sound just like all his other beats Travis Scott's beats generic as fu*k
 4 years ago '10        #3
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
I'll wait for Drum to come in and explain it but pretty much what $$$ said.
 4 years ago '12        #4
Ricky Retardo 43 heat pts43 OP
space
space
$5,983 | Props total: 13721 13721
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
One time I went with my homeboy to NY cause a certain established producer who had a big hit at the time heard his sh*t and wanted to link up wit him..

He explained this exact type of situation.. he basically put it like "its like you workin on my block"

all in the game
damn on some "Stringer Bell" and "Prop" sh*t.
[pic - click to view]

( in the middle of a The Wire marathon right now)

So basically I ( or actual producer here: WonderGurl) supply the product, but the block being known for its name already (Travis Scott) takes the sale and we split the profits. regardless my name still gets out there on my own hustle.

I get the logistics but still don't feel that sh*t is right. the same with ghost-producing. at least homegirl name is in the notes, but like the theme of the LP...

#NEWRULES
 4 years ago '12        #5
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,040 | Props total: 17230 17230
Got a call about this post while on my trip, n*ggas be lurkin boxden mad at peoples opinions

Last edited by OldBusiness; 07-10-2013 at 02:02 AM..
 4 years ago '13        #6
TayMasterChef 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,655 | Props total: 406 406
He always addin lil sh*t to beats callin his self a co producer, this n*gga will add a hi hat and act like he played a major part in it
 4 years ago '10        #7
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
fu*k Travis Scott
 4 years ago '07        #8
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
 TayMasterChef said:
He always addin lil sh*t to beats callin his self a co producer, this n*gga will add a hi hat and act like he played a major part in it
 07-09-2013, 02:55 AM         #9
Jeff225 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ricolove11 said:
Thats just how the business work, if you a unknown producer and you working with a famous producer. You not gonna get main credit thats just how the game go, but what you do get is exposure and a relationship with people they know. Eventually when the time is right you will be able to break away and do your own thing it will eventually work itself out. Its all about paying your dues, unless you luck up and place a record by yourself you not gonna get full credit homie.
This..as messed up as it is and it is, that's how the game is because its foul but it gets her foot in the door instead of the door being slammed shut in her face if she were to start making noise for her not getting just due/credit and losing out on chances to politic with that camp for other spots/work. Same reason me and my partner would get fed would dealing with the industry BS trying to get on with selling our tracks and the same reason I stopped doing it-it's a cold, cold business and not everyone can stomach those type of actions and the sad thing is, the same cats who do this be the same one who used to have it done to them and always be like " when I get on, I'm not gonna do nobody like that" trust me, Travis $cott was just like shorty when he was trying to get on, smdh.
 4 years ago '04        #10
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
Prolly just bought the song
 4 years ago '04        #11
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,214 | Props total: 1039 1039
U get to that position n u wont be any different if not greedier just cuz u been sh*tted on on your come up too

Its a vicious cycle and thats how the industry came to be

No no namer out the gate gon change tha game just like that... U gots to pay yo dues mang

How many yrs n*ggaz like pharrell been under another n*gga shadow until he came out on his own? Yall only see the bentleys and lambos but theres been mad yrs of puttin in work for free before u get to that pot of gold
 4 years ago '04        #12
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6441 6441

jgramm(did about 3-4 beats on owl pharaoh) was asking people to send hm samples that he could flip for wtt2...knowing damn well travi$ going to say he made the beat
 4 years ago '10        #13
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 197 197
is travis scott that same douche who deleted his tweets?
 4 years ago '12        #14
GroveBoy740 77 heat pts77
space
space
$3,952 | Props total: 4099 4099
I feel like if you don't get your beats directly to the artist you leave yourself open to this type of situation. But at least she got her name in the credits.
 07-09-2013, 06:44 AM         #15
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only you care about this sh*t. I dont see paper from either situation so I don't give a fu*k. I just listen to the music as a fan. That's what fans do
 4 years ago '04        #16
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,673 | Props total: 6809 6809
This nothing new & Travis Scott is not wrong for doing so. The same happened with Scott Storch with Dr. Dre & Danja with Timbaland. A "producer" credit does not always equate to a "beat maker" anyway. Wundagirl's work stopped after she sent what she had to Travis Scott.
 07-09-2013, 07:15 AM         #17
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Peterparker said:
But the man just said he was a producer so sit ya a.ss down n get back in the shadows FAN.
Again, how is this relevant to anyone not involved in the business of this album? Hip Hop fans should learn to be fans! If you are not part of an album, but listen to it....you're a fan too!

Shadows? Let me guess, you probably think you're somebody cuz you're an "industry guy"? So cliche. The cliche is k!lling the culture. No one enjoys music because they are too busy playing music exec. pretty pathetic
 4 years ago '05        #18
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
 ruff said:
Prolly just bought the song
^^this^^
 07-09-2013, 08:59 AM         #19
AmericanGangsta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The way it works is this:

When a new producer has a beat, they go thru a production company. If that beat places, the PRODUCTION company receives credit while the producer gets co-production and/or writer credits. Its your name in the book, royalties (maybe) and at least now you known.

So in this particular case...the girl sent Travis the beat. her and anyone else who sends him beats, he takes those beats along with his own sh*t, and shops it to artists like Jay-Z. When it places, Travis Scott Music gets credit, not just her. Its all about the middleman, the dealership, and just like homie said earlier you being on THEIR block. Its messed up but at the same time, she has her name in the game now and its known she's who actually made the beat, versus the millions of other producers who made classics that no one knows who it is. Prime example (and no this is no classic) Put you on to Game wasnt actually produced by Timbaland he just added some hi hats, but whoever made it sent to him, and the beat was placed under tim's production company.
 4 years ago '04        #20
lil antman 
space
space
space
$611 | Props total: 223 223
if you guys actually think 16 year old girl fully made that sh*t youre retarded af...she may have sent the original idea..melody...a few sounds...but travis scott and mike dean produced that sh*t up

i'm a producer...i completely understand the game and how it works and what all of you are saying..but thats not what happened...travis heard the beat she sent...and made it what it actually is

Last edited by lil antman; 07-09-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy