Jay-z's Magna Carter Looking At A 350-400k First Week

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #21
Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
At n*ggas saying those are low numbers. Name another rapper that dropped an album in 1996 that's still doing numbers in 2013.
 4 years ago '13        #22
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38456 38456
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
Being that he gave 1 million copies away, you really can't compare these numbers to any other Jay-Z album. Not everyone can sale 968,000 in week one like Timberlake...
Don't matter if he gave away 1 million or 5 million downloads for free, that doesn't mean those people would have paid for the album. People are quick to take freebies.

Jayz as far as a mainstream rapper is on the decline, again I think he suffers from Kanye effect, a rapper way past his glory days, musically putting out trash and lives off gimmicks and celebrity.

Its a new era and its all about the music and not the advertisements and projection screens over Egypt. Artists like J Cole, K Dot and Drake are on to a winner, once they reach that official household name status their sales will further increase.

Kanye pushing out trash and damaging his own brand, you can go from being god like status to bum status overnight, look at Wyclef
 4 years ago '07        #23
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,915 | Props total: 573 573
 HipHopFactz said:
Don't matter if he gave away 1 million or 5 million downloads for free, that doesn't mean those people would have paid for the album. People are quick to take freebies.

Jayz as far as a mainstream rapper is on the decline, again I think he suffers from Kanye effect, a rapper way past his glory days, musically putting out trash and lives off gimmicks and celebrity.

Its a new era and its all about the music and not the advertisements and projection screens over Egypt. Artists like J Cole, K Dot and Drake are on to a winner, once they reach that official household name status their sales will further increase.
tell us more about this next time pac or nas go wood
 07-08-2013, 05:48 PM         #24
Analytical One 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:

Just shut up, please. His highest first week sales were the 557,789 copies he sold of his Dynasty album.

These first week sales are near identical to The Blueprint and The Black Album you ignoramus.
 4 years ago '04        #25
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,677 | Props total: 6816 6816
 HipHopFactz said:

Kanye is no where near Jay'z level status wise. I wasn't defending him either, because it can go either way. They may have paid for a retail copy, they may have not --- I'm just saying that's something you have to consider. Some people feel like they bought a copy because they bought the Galaxy phone, some people will still want to go out and buy a physical copy. I'm not a huge Jay fan so I have no reason to defend him.
 4 years ago '11        #26
apexape 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,094 | Props total: 1336 1336
 HipHopFactz said:
That's some low numbers for Jay, especially by his standards, I was thinking around 600k

Amazing that dudes is doing J Cole numbers

Another weedplate

New Era, New Skool, New Rules..Old men headin out the door
hiphopfactz takes no days off

Michael 1987 said:
Flop.
explain? how? wat would be considered a success ? there are no singles, no videos. sold a million digital copies (Imagine the savings made from not pressing the physical copies) to samsung for 5 mill. And is selling up to 400k on the first week, alot more than all these other fu*k boys.

FLOP? how?
 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM         #27
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
250 ? thats a fu*king flop

and baby bought a million albums

o wait

white boys and corny n*ggas from the burbs will like what they are sold and told
 4 years ago '13        #28
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38456 38456
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
Kanye is no where near Jay'z level status wise. I wasn't defending him either, because it can go either way. They may have paid for a retail copy, they may have not --- I'm just saying that's something you have to consider. Some people feel like they bought a copy because they bought the Galaxy phone, some people will still want to go out and buy a physical copy. I'm not a huge Jay fan so I have no reason to defend him.
Kanye is on the same level as Jay status wise, he is part of his circle, they make joint albums together.

As much as I dislike Kanye now, he is a household name, constantly in the media, a lot to do with his relationship to Kim K, similar to Jayz relationship to Beyoncé. When ur other half is more famous than you, it will raise ur profile to newer heights and take u over toa new crowd who don't fu*k with rap music.

There are only like 4 or 5 rappers alive who are on next level status, Jay, Kanye, Snoop, Em and Weezy

If I had a Galaxy phone and a free download was offered to me, I wud have checked it, just off the strength of Jayz name, but I damn sure wud never have copped it, given his recent track record of weed plates.

Like i said dudes is on their last legs, selling off their brand, celebrity and relationships, whereas rappers like J Cole, K Dot and Drake let the music talk.

Its a new era the old men are on the decline, unless there is a real improvement in the music, the more trash they put out the more they hurt their musical expectations
 4 years ago '07        #29
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,593 | Props total: 1054 1054
350 with all hype and no single? pretty damn good.
 4 years ago '09        #30
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
 bigree61 said:
250 ? thats a fu*king flop

and baby bought a million albums

o wait

white boys and corny n*ggas from the burbs will like what they are sold and told
dam ur that quick to hate u didnt see it says 350-400k

lame a.ss kid
 07-08-2013, 06:11 PM         #31
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^LOL!

lame a.ss haters man...full of hate

i dont think u could find this in stores till tmor either
 4 years ago '10        #32
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,733 | Props total: 19631 19631
Jay-Z has historically dropped anywhere from 300-400k first week. Kingdom Come was his highest first week at 600k. His numbers have increased now compared to his earlier years.

This, in tandem with the Samsung deal is quite insane.
 4 years ago '05        #33
thaghost36 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 341 341
 4 years ago '08        #34
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544
Jay never sold ridiculous copies first week... most been around the 300k-500k mark... he good on the long term tho... always plat

His first week sales:

WTT: 430K
BP3: 470k
AG: 420k
KC: 680k (his highest, but is known that KC had one the highest budgets for a rap album in history, the marketing was crazy)
BA: 460k
BP2: 550K
BP1: 420K
Dynasty: 550k
Vol. 3: 460k
Vol. 2: 350k
Vol.1: 140k
RD: 43K
 4 years ago '06        #35
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,357 | Props total: 835 835
will the cd be in stores tmrw??
 4 years ago '04        #36
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,490 | Props total: 2727 2727
i remember people saying he needs kanye ...no yeezy and he´s still on top ,those numbers are high compared to the rest of them
 4 years ago '05        #37
Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
$2,862 | Props total: 680 680
 Matrix said:
At n*ggas saying those are low numbers. Name another rapper that dropped an album in 1996 that's still doing numbers in 2013.
exactly.

he's gonna do 400k plus a million copies from Samsung out the gate. Name another rapper that made five million off their album before it even came out.
 4 years ago '12        #38
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,128 | Props total: 15804 15804
That's a W
 4 years ago '04        #39
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
Hova stays winning
 07-08-2013, 07:27 PM         #40
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HOV too consistent.... sh*ts crazy

Come money dance with the good fellas
Hov keep gettin that dinero, got it
Even if a n*gga gotta Robert, get it?

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov NPD: PS4 wins, COD wins, Xbox Makes Money.
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
229 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy