Pitchfork gives Magna Carta Holy Grail...

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
58 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM         #61
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sometimes i feel Pitchfork is right on the money, like when it comes to Kanye or Drake (yes, i like all their albums) but way the fu*k off when it comes to other artists... like they despise Eminem and havent once given him anywhere NEAR a decent review, ever! i haven't heard this new Jay album, im waiting for the retail release... i'll save judgement until i hear the album myself... but they'ved love and hated Jay at the right times imo... they gave The Blueprint, American Gangster and The Black Album good reviews and they hated Kingdom Come and The Blueprint 3 (which i think was better than BP2, but to each his own).... so they could be right on the money here or way the fu*k off like they have in the past... ill just wait till late tonight/tomorrow when the album will more than likely get a retail/scene release.
 07-08-2013, 05:46 PM         #62
Dafranchize420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay has a basketball team, his own clothes, liquor, a record label, BEYONCE, Beyonce's child.... what the fu*k you want dude to rap about? he aint wrapping bills in a shoe box and the motherfu*ker aint eating at McDonalds. Jay doesnt even love hip hop, its just another way for him to make money. So he keeps eating. If selling Ice Cream on the freeway in the Hawaiin Sophie shirt made him loot and got him B, he'd be doing that.

Great production, good flow, decent lyrics. It's jayz best album since the black album, but it's been nothing but disappointing crap (save for AG, which was a cool soundtrack but doesnt have much replay value) so its better than that. Its definitely easier to listen to than Yeezus. Yeezus was far more creative, but it's more creative if I try to cook a steak using my as*hole instead of a grill. Doesn't mean I'd be successful, just means it's more creative.

but what do you want from a 40 year old rapper who spends his time with rich white russian guys. its like all the dudes who hate on will smith for never having rapped about guns and sh*t. Yeah, those suburbs in philly where you turn down rides to MIT, you witness a lot of gangbanging that way. Cmon now.

This is jay. Always has been, always will be.
 4 years ago '04        #63
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,544 | Props total: 535 535
 Kingme said:
I strongly agree with this review but this sums up every Jay Z album and mainstream hiphop album released in at least the past 5 years. I don't see how all of sudden its a problem now.
u must haven't heard Kendrick Lamar Good Kid Maad City or Nas Life Is Good
 4 years ago '05        #64
heeznutz 
space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 298 298
Jay Z's problem is he has not had a "cold wind" blow his way in a long time. He does not relate to the masses .
 07-08-2013, 06:15 PM         #65
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Big Ghost review it yet?
 4 years ago '05        #66
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,733 | Props total: 2227 2227
That review is the truth. Only production carried this. Nothing groundbreaking about this album, people are just dumb.
 4 years ago '05        #67
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,788 | Props total: 4903 4903
Disagree with the review b/c the entire article simply criticizes the subject matter. Can't give Kanye a 9.5 when he was on his fu*k the world and fu*k your girl bender on Yeezus and then criticize the subject matter on Magna.
 4 years ago '10        #68
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,942 | Props total: 92 92

[pic - click to view]

"magna carta holy grail is a really great album" Or "I wholeheartedly agree with this review"
[pic - click to view]

07-08-2013, 06:36 PM         #69
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A 5.8 was generous, that was one of the worst albums dropped by a decent artist that I've heard in a long time. He's Jay-z for Christ's sake, why in Gods name would he spend an entire album trying to sound like sh*tty southern rappers? That would be like Nas dropping an album where he tried to rap like those Odd Future bums over their plain a.ss beats. sh*t made no sense. Jay is a New York rapper, who the fu*k wants to hear him make imitation south music? It was dumb when Fabolous tried it and it's even dumber coming from Jigga. He just came off as a rich, out of touch, greedy CEO who took a look at what the young kids these days were listening to and then tried to clone it for a lazy cash grab. The album felt about as authentic and real as Joan River's face.
 4 years ago '11        #70
beast1412 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,012 | Props total: 608 608
 Retro said:
Same folks in the Yeezus P4k thread talkin bout are the same ones in here now all of a sudden acting like they don't care what P4k has to say
 4 years ago '11        #71
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,319 | Props total: 4608 4608
I actually do agree this album was terrible
 4 years ago '13        #72
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Yeezus got a 9.5

Kanye won
 4 years ago '04        #73
SeeG 
space
space
$455 | Props total: 4 4
Yup, the album is good
 4 years ago '13        #74
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
Haven't cared about a critic's opinion in years... won't start now either! This is still a....

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #75
dagfpizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$819 | Props total: 2143 2143
im trying to enjoy the album... sonically it's impressive BUT mentioning miley cyrus shows where Jay-Z's head is at, materialistic, culture obsessed and vacuous

it was the same thing when eminem mentioned n sync in one of his rhymes... he's lost me since that day

listening to jay-z describing his thought process for his lyrics is so ridiculously contrived since there is barely any actual substance to be found
 4 years ago '04        #76
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,485 | Props total: 6644 6644
 TheMindOf said:
But Yeezus is the better of the two albums :kanye2:

After taking the time to absorb MCHG, I peronally give it a solid 8/10

At it's best, this album is amazing. There is a dull spot or two (La Familia, Jay-Z Blue)

Also, this album is missing that dynamic cinematic element that we've become accustomed to when it comes to HOV.. The songs are really really good. But are any songs INCREDIBLE?

Also there's nothing proprietary, or game changing about this album (Thats what Yeezus has over this album IMO)

It is what it is though. A pretty dope hip hop album.
Nah bruh...it's not
 4 years ago '07        #77
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Album is flames
 4 years ago '12        #78
bezngga1982 51 heat pts51
space
space
$1,836 | Props total: 2980 2980

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '12        #79
bezngga1982 51 heat pts51
space
space
$1,836 | Props total: 2980 2980
 Dafranchize420 said:
jay has a basketball team

didn't he only own 1/15 of a percent of a share? lol
 07-08-2013, 11:06 PM         #80
Tsunami Ray 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That BBC is crack on the album
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
314 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy