Pitchfork gives Magna Carta Holy Grail...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #21
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,379 | Props total: 11685 11685
 @hdrewblackburn said:
According to @pitchforkmedia's @en_cohen Waka Flocka's last album is better than Jay Z's. Don't swallow the cap...
 4 years ago '09        #22
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,242 | Props total: 19352 19352
I understand the mediocre reviews for BP3 and Kingdom Come tho just not this...oh well

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '09        #23
trock34 93 heat pts93 OP
space
space
space
$25,170 | Props total: 7350 7350
 ballergenetics said:
It's like Ive always said. They praise the "different". I'm all for artistic growth/innovation, but it seems like that's all they praise. If Jay woulda had orphans cryin on this sh*t, they woulda gave it an 11.
Act 2 will be the first to get an 11
 4 years ago '09        #24
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,242 | Props total: 19352 19352
 trock34 said:
Act 2 will be the first to get an 11
I am pissed at that n*gga that album should have dropped 3 years ago

I always felt tho that if he did drop his debut would be a classic i just think he's capable of making that one amazing album that will make n*ggas go

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #25
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 2751 2751
5.8 sounds about right
 4 years ago '05        #26
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2179 2179
 ballergenetics said:
Kanye could record an album of homeless guys saying racial slurs in Pig Latin, loop it, throw some 808's over it, and they'd hail it "ground breaking", and "best new music"...

but aint no one did that before... so it just might be..
 4 years ago '12        #27
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,854 | Props total: 3488 3488
I thought the album was 'alright' but I can't fu*k with Pitchfork anymore the gave Yeezus like a 9.5... Wtf? I still can't believe that
 4 years ago '10        #28
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 TRILL SH1T said:
I thought the album was 'alright' but I can't fu*k with Pitchfork anymore the gave Yeezus like a 9.5... Wtf? I still can't believe that
But Yeezus is the better of the two albums

After taking the time to absorb MCHG, I peronally give it a solid 8/10

At it's best, this album is amazing. There is a dull spot or two (La Familia, Jay-Z Blue)

Also, this album is missing that dynamic cinematic element that we've become accustomed to when it comes to HOV.. The songs are really really good. But are any songs INCREDIBLE?

Also there's nothing proprietary, or game changing about this album (Thats what Yeezus has over this album IMO)

It is what it is though. A pretty dope hip hop album.
 4 years ago '06        #29
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
Tom ford and bbc are still my sh*t tho
 4 years ago '04        #30
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6487 6487
Here's another interesting (hilarious?) layer to add to the tale of Kanye West's Yeezus vs. Jay-Z's forthcoming Magna Carta Holy Grail: Rick Rubin, who appears in the Samsung ad/promotional videos for Jay's new record, did not actually have any hand in producing it. He was merely used as an advertiorial prop, which can be interpreted any number of ways given the news of Rubin's very heavy involvement in the recent completion of Kanye's Yeezus.

"The point of me being in the commercials was that he [Jay-Z] was filming a documentary and he asked me-- I imagine he is comfortable talking to me-- to come listen to the songs with him and just talk about the songs," Rubin told XXL. "Just listen to it and talk about it, and that's what we did. It was fun." Note that Rubin is, fittingly, pictured reclining on a couch in the footage.

But here's the real kicker, the knife in Jay's Samsung-powered heart: "I liked what I heard, but it was a little difficult-- after just coming from the Kanye sessions-- to listen to Jay's album, because they're so different," Rubin said. "I was in a very alternative and progressive headspace, and Jay's record is a more traditional hip-hop record."

they were talking sh!t about it before it dropped so it makes sense

Last edited by justinjones; 07-08-2013 at 06:40 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #31
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,172 | Props total: 8732 8732
 TheMindOf said:

At it's best, this album is amazing. There is a dull spot or two (La Familia, Jay-Z Blue)

Also, this album is missing that dynamic cinematic element that we've become accustomed to when it comes to HOV.. The songs are really really good. But are any songs INCREDIBLE?

Also there's nothing proprietary, or game changing about this album (Thats what Yeezus has over this album IMO)

Def agree here...it's a decent album but def missing something..I gave it a 6/10...think the marketing got people hyped and we looked past certain things...like Rick rubin isn't even on the album but he was a focal point in commercial
 4 years ago '05        #32
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
I could give a fu*k about the content Jay's rapping about being too plush or luxurious...... Atleast i can admit that I wouldn't know how to relate to the life of a n*gga just shy of a billi.... So the fu*k what.... My issue is his watered down, boring delivery, and the lackluster beats.....

If Jay was rapping about regular joe/ street sh*t, n*ggas would be crying about how far gone from that life he is.. I never understood the issue with people complaining about "Rich n*gga rap" Does his wealth hurt that many people? I look to it as inspiration....
 4 years ago '05        #33
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
It's an 8/10 IMO.

Not Hov's best work, but it's still dope and it's still one of 2013's best albums. It wasn't next level and unique like Yeezus, but Hov still has it.

I respect Pitchfork's opinion, but at times they're just a bunch of pretentious hipsters.
 4 years ago '12        #34
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,854 | Props total: 3488 3488
 TheMindOf said:

I don't think Yeezus is a bad album, but a 9.5?!?! Hell no, Yeezus is a 7/10 at best
 07-08-2013, 10:01 AM         #35
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM         #36
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pitchfork ain't never lie.

4 years ago '09        #37
trock34 93 heat pts93 OP
space
space
space
$25,170 | Props total: 7350 7350
 Kitsch said:
Pitchfork ain't never lie.

4 years ago '04        #38
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
this album is 4 mics/8 outta 10, you're an idiot if you think anything less
 4 years ago '05        #39
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
 Young Hov said:
this album is 4 mics/8 outta 10, you're an idiot if you think anything less
says the stanley with the NasYeJay pic in his avy..... sh*ts weak sauce and I'm glad all these reviews aren't blindy stroking Jay's far gone ego and pushes him to make some good hip hop the next time around....
 4 years ago '11        #40
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,815 | Props total: 1217 1217
at people still checking for pitchfork reviews.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy