Black Friend Who Speaks "White" At Work! (Deon Cole Comedy Skit)

most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #61
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,432 | Props total: 1371 1371
I don't think white people like when black people talk "white" around them. The best thing is to be your black self without being ignorant. You can still talk with your "black tone" and "black cadence" but just remain professional. You don't have to throw your entire culture out the window and adopt a new one to appease a certain race. Do you talk with a Hispanic English accent around Hispanics to make them comfortable? It's ridiculous to even think about that. White people are not fans of that. How would you feel as a black man if you had a white kid from the suburb try to talk with a "black tone" constantly? It would be annoying. Whites will have more respect for you if you are true to yourself. Just talk with your black tone. You already are employed. The pretend stage should be over with. You can have a black tone and still be professional.
 4 years ago '10        #62
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
I had an IT guy at my firm doing the same thing
 4 years ago '09        #63
Dice 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 187 187
 Deuterion said:
Exactly. It's a cultural thing...just like we wouldn't expect a White dude to walk up to us and ask us about the last episode of friends or seinfeld. I've had it happen to me a few times and I give them all three of these faces:

But Seinfeld was watched by everyone

That sh*t was hilarious when I was younger and I still enjoy it today.
 4 years ago '05        #64
Monolith 
space
space
$690 | Props total: 8 8
Even though the skit was funny, this is actually pretty interesting. I've been guilty of this a couple of times. It makes me wonder why exactly people feel the need to change up? Is it so others can understand what we say easier? I don't change the tone of my voice, but I do change how word things.
 4 years ago '08        #65
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
I guess the saying was right "When in Rome do as the Romans do"
 4 years ago '04        #66
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
 T2THEONE said:
I guess the saying was right "When in Rome do as the Romans do"
I think they were in California tho.
 4 years ago '07        #67
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 Dice said:
But Seinfeld was watched by everyone

That sh*t was hilarious when I was younger and I still enjoy it today.
That's a BIG NO according to that guy. You were born Black so all your hobbies and tings you like were predetermined. Such nonsense I tell you. All these people on here scared to be themselves at work.

Last edited by carltouss619; 07-08-2013 at 02:01 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #68
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,088 | Props total: 3886 3886
 carltouss619 said:
and you clearly misunderstood what he was saying. He is saying, why does it have to be when you speak proper, YOU'RE SPEAKING WHITE but when you're not YOU'RE SPEAKING BLACK. what kind of nonsense logic is that.
clearly you don't understand and are probably a 20k food service person too. his question was ignorant as was your response. I spoke on this from a perspective that matters and thats moving up in the corporate world and getting raises.. thats the only point to working. going to a job speaking like you in your neighborhood with your homeboys will not get you anywhere in life. even your favorite hood rapper has learned you can only get so far talking about "partna, nowhatimean, hell to the nawl, or my favorite showl is.." that sh*t dont fly when real money involved. we are all actors trying to get that RDJ part.

when white folk say you sound uneducated they are really saying "i'm confused with your CHOICE of speak, anyone with common sense would know you need to speak in a manner everyone can understand". thats all that is..you speak to your parents in a different manner than you do your friends.. is that acting home trained or just realizing where you are how your language will be perceived?
 4 years ago '10        #69
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
 ddash said:
I think they were in California tho.
 4 years ago '04        #70
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,252 | Props total: 3841 3841
That sh*t was funny

I say awesome at work too
 4 years ago '07        #71
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 zhiggeman said:
clearly you don't understand and are probably a 20k food service person too. his question was ignorant as was your response. I spoke on this from a perspective that matters and thats moving up in the corporate world and getting raises.. thats the only point to working. going to a job speaking like you in your neighborhood with your homeboys will not get you anywhere in life. even your favorite hood rapper has learned you can only get so far talking about "partna, nowhatimean, hell to the nawl, or my favorite showl is.." that sh*t dont fly when real money involved. we are all actors trying to get that RDJ part.

when white folk say you sound uneducated they are really saying "i'm confused with your CHOICE of speak, anyone with common sense would know you need to speak in a manner everyone can understand". thats all that is..you speak to your parents in a different manner than you do your friends.. is that acting home trained or just realizing where you are how your language will be perceived?
Wow, you're an idiot. I have no clue where you are trying to go with your response because I never said anything about NOT CHANGING THE WAY YOU SPEAK OR BEHAVE IN A CORPORATE SETTING. Please learn how to read and understand what you're reading. I repeat again for the slow minded individuals such as yourself.

My question from the start that has never changed is:

Why does speaking PROPER have to be considered WHITE. Why can it just be speaking proper?

If you can not answer this then just don't say nothing.
 4 years ago '11        #72
Chi80sbaby 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$686 | Props total: 2 2
 KRCROOKSNY said:
Guilty of this sh*t online. I remember when I 1st started gaming online and my slang was throwin ppl the fu*k off.

This is the same thing as acquiring an accent though. People just rub off on you. Alabama fu*ked me up for years after I moved back to NY.
I feel U! Been back in the GO for close to a year now and Alabama fu*ked me up too smh: laughing5:
 4 years ago '04        #73
D.IrIsH 333 heat pts333
space
space
$5,200 | Props total: 7042 7042
 Mr Connoisseur said:
do you ever think maybe he's just smart, and doesnt talk in ebonics because he wants to speak proper english??

as opposed to being perceived as white.
This.

The rest of the entire adult world speaks proper english, either in english or in their specific dialect.. key word being "adult"
 4 years ago '06        #74
Johnny Tapwater 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,544 | Props total: 2669 2669
*Guilty*
 4 years ago '11        #75
indagame 20 heat pts20
space
space
$8,465 | Props total: 6328 6328
not bad, not bad at all
 4 years ago '08        #76
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,867 | Props total: 22581 22581

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #77
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 Mr Connoisseur said:
do you ever think maybe he's just smart, and doesnt talk in ebonics because he wants to speak proper english??

as opposed to being perceived as white.
This! Thank you! Also, smh at grown people having to switch up the way they talk. As I got older, I matured and so did the way I spoke.
 07-08-2013, 06:07 PM         #78
KnockinOnHD2001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4 years ago '06        #79
shortdog26 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,415 | Props total: 3649 3649
i seen Deon Cole at the Laugh Factory over in Hollywood...dude is funny as hell
 4 years ago '10        #80
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
:hillwhoa: was me
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago