most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-07-2013, 07:21 AM         #61
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
Do people know that Sega Saturn was stronger than the PS1? Dreamcast was more powerful than the PS2 (this is hardware based). The Dreamcast was also easier to develop for than the PS2 back then...

Then came the PS3 vs Xbox 360, which were both more powerful than the Wii. Hardware is only as good as what type of software (in this case, the games) are on the system! Another one of these "ours is more powerful" arguments, when if you old enough to remember, you'd know the most powerful systems usually came last, which is unfair, but who am I to argue with history and facts?
You cannot compare history of consoles with the Xbox One and PS4, these consoles are really PCs. Therefore you should be comparing history of gaming PCs. If you do, you will see that when you take two PCs with the same CPU, but different GPUs, the one with the stronger GPU has better graphics.

Programming for the Xbox One and PS4 is going to be very easy. So taking advantage of the PS4 GPU will be child's play for devs.
 07-07-2013, 07:22 AM         #62
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bigakathebeast said:
ps3 is the stronger console but it was more difficult to develop for compared to the 360. PS3 used cell architecture while 360 used something similar to current pcs. What happened was the multiplatform games had trouble porting to the ps3 cause it was coded different but developers that were experienced with the ps3 and built games from the ground up produced games that shut down the competition graphically. examples of that can be found with the games that Naughty Dog,santa monica studios and guerrilla games dropped

The next gen is a different story because not only is the ps4 more powerful than the xbox but they listened to developers when making this console and made it easier to develop for by giving it a similar pc architecture. Honestly the only reason games should look remotely close is if developers purposelessly developed them that way
 Frank Hampton said:
The thing is that the PS3 was hard to develop for. It was using Cell processing and I even remember reading an article that said it was similar to a super computer

Developers didn't like making games for it that much but they've changed that with the PS4.

It's more PC like and easy for developers to make games for. Don't believe me read the Warframe article where they were able to port it to PS4 within 3 months of getting the call. I've rolled with the XBox since day 1 but I have a feeling the PS4 is the console to get this gen
so after all these years they still dont know how to use the Cell Chip?
 07-07-2013, 07:24 AM         #63
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tj.iscool said:
so after all these years they still dont know how to use the Cell Chip?
You do realize that first party devs used the Cell processor efficiently and had better looking games than any game on the Xbox 360 right? I know personally because I own both a PS3 and Xbox 360. You underestimate how difficult it was to program for Cell.

It was a pain in the a**. Third party devs were not going to waste time and money trying to optimize their games. They wanted to port a game over fast, not waste another four months optimizing.

Just look at the homebrew scene for the PS3. Not even an N64 emulator is out yet, even though the PS3 is powerful enough to run an N64 emulator. The reason why is because homebrew devs are having a difficult time programming for Cell. Cell is a beast. Only very talented devs can program for it well.
 07-07-2013, 07:27 AM         #64
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
You do realize that first party devs used the Cell processor efficiently and had better looking games than any game on the Xbox 360 right? I know personally because I own both a PS3 and Xbox 360. You underestimate how difficult it was to program for Cell.

It was a pain in the a**. Third party devs were not going to waste time and money trying to optimize their games. They wanted to port a game over fast, not waste another four months optimizing.

Just look at the homebrew scene for the PS3. Not even an N64 emulator is out yet, even though the PS3 is powerful enough to run an N64 emulator. The reason why is because homebrew devs are having a difficult time programming for Cell. Cell is a beast. Only very talented devs can program for it well.
more 3rd party devs make games than 1st, but hey i guess
u gotta for the majority right
 4 years ago '08        #65
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,588 | Props total: 17260 17260
Their will be differences in launch Multi games, just wait until these comparison
Sites begin to do their digging.
 07-07-2013, 07:31 AM         #66
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The N said:
Their will be differences in launch Multi games, just wait until these comparison
Sites begin to do their digging.
The fact is that if devs start as the Xbox One being lead console and do a cheap fast port, at worst the game will look the same on the PS4. If they spend the tiniest bit of time to optimize for the PS4's GPU, it will look better on the PS4.

As time goes by the difference will get bigger and bigger.
 4 years ago '12        #67
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
 xeduran said:
Why do people keep comparing the PS3 and Xbox 360 to PS4 and Xbox One?

They cannot be compared. How many times do I have to state this? Since people like to talk out of their a** I will state the facts below:

FACTS:

Xbox One and PS4 have the extremely similar CPUs
Xbox One has less bandwith (memory) than the PS4
Xbox One has a weaker GPU than the PS4
Both systems are easy to program for (ports will be very easy to make)

Since both systems will be very easy to program for and both systems have the same CPU, the only difference is that the PS4 has better memory and a strong GPU. This will lead to the PS4 having better graphics. This is a fact, go look at PC gaming and remember that both of these systems are basically PCs.

People here are pointing out theoretical like it is a bad thing. All video cards are measured in theoretical numbers. You know why, because they might never hit those numbers. But the video card with the higher theoretical number will have the higher real performance. This is a fact will all video cards. Go read up on video cards and you will see. So stop highlighting theoretical like if it means nothing.

The only wild card here is cloud computing. Whether it will actually work in real performance. If it does whether Sony can match it. This will only help for CPU tasks anyway like physics. Not graphical tasks that the GPU handles because that is needed in real time. So the PS4 would still have better graphics.

One year from now a lot of you people in denial will see that the differences in the GPUs do add up to graphical differences.
Do you know how many games on PC use all 8 cores and over 6-7GB of RAM?

Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 are the one's I know of that use 6 or more cores, out of hundreds of PC titles, and 8GB RAM on PC has been standard since around 2011. Reality is PC sets the tone on how these consoles will function, yes long term it will make a difference (which by the time cloud offloading in gaming will be standard on both consoles as well), but a.ssuming that all this power will be used optimally for development is beyond funny when even high end PC games are only starting to test the water with in mid 2013!

The benefit of consoles games has been the none fragmented aspect of hardware when games are developed, when it comes to development, it's how the handling of tasks in games is done that is key not the core hardware in systems. It is important, but it goes hand in hand with software and device capability. I honestly don't know why people still make these threads, who does software development?

07-07-2013, 07:33 AM         #68
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tj.iscool said:
more 3rd party devs make games than 1st, but hey i guess
u gotta for the majority right
Yes they are, and this gen it is very easy to program for both the PS4 and Xbox One. So a lot more games will end up looking better on the PS4 this gen. All that time they would spend to try to get their port working on the PS3 half way decent, they can spend optimizing for the PS4 this gen.
 07-07-2013, 07:37 AM         #69
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
Do you know how many games on PC use all 8 cores and over 6-7GB of RAM?

Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 are the one's I know of that use 6 or more cores, out of hundreds of PC titles, and 8GB RAM on PC has been standard since around 2011. Reality is PC sets the tone on how these consoles will function, yes long term it will make a difference (which by the time cloud offloading in gaming will be standard on both consoles as well), but a.ssuming that all this power will be used optimally for development is beyond funny when even high end PC games are only starting to test the water with in mid 2013!

The benefit of consoles games has been the none fragmented aspect of hardware when games are developed, when it comes to development, it's how the handling of tasks in games is done that is key not the core hardware in systems. It is important, but it goes hand in hand with software and device capability. I honestly don't know why people still make these threads, who does software development?

I am not talking about the 8GB of GDDR5 RAM. The RAM is quicker period. So even if it just uses 2GB of GDDR5 RAM it is still faster. And the GPU is faster so yes it will look better at launch. You think a dev is going to optimize a game for Xbox One completely and turn around and do absolutely nothing for the PS4? That makes no sense.

I do not know why you even mentioned the CPU cores for? The CPUs are the same so whether the game uses two cores or six, it would do so on both systems. Only the GPU matters.

On these console the cores will be used more though. The CPUs are weak in comparsion to PCs so the cores will have to be used more than in PC gaming.

My current video card can run games that only use 1GB of video RAM faster than my last video card. Both could handle the RAM, but my new card has faster RAM and a faster GPU.

You will see come launch titles.

Also please do not mention cloud offloading, GPU tasks cannot be handled in the cloud. GPU tasks are done mostly in real time, in other words no latency. The cloud cannot replace that.

As for the highlighted part, both systems are very easy to program for. Therefore both will take advantage of their hardware. That is the main point and why you cannot compare these consoles to previous consoles. The architecture is PC. Devs already know how to handle these systems for the most part. They have been for numerous years now.

Last edited by xeduran; 07-07-2013 at 07:43 AM..
 07-07-2013, 08:01 AM         #70
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These threads really just need to end. Everything that can be said about the differences has already been said. The true test will be at launch and then a year after. Launch titles I expect to show differences, how big, who knows. A year later though those differences will grow substantially. Especially since the devs will be working with real hardware for both systems by then.
 4 years ago '12        #71
space
space
 xeduran said:
You cannot compare history of consoles with the Xbox One and PS4, these consoles are really PCs. Therefore you should be comparing history of gaming PCs. If you do, you will see that when you take two PCs with the same CPU, but different GPUs, the one with the stronger GPU has better graphics.

Programming for the Xbox One and PS4 is going to be very easy. So taking advantage of the PS4 GPU will be child's play for devs.
Lol why can I not compare the history of consoles for consoles? Because now consoles have started adopting PC CPU's and ditched propriety hardware?

PC's are fragmented as I pointed out, EVERYONE knows this. As it stands in 2013, the PS4 and Xbox One are mid range PC's, and even mid range PC games don't fully utilize the hardware (e.g. Crysis 3 and BF4 being the only 2 games I know that use more than 4 cores), and the GPU power comes into play! What PC's could do with that hardware up till today is just upscale graphically, but game developers are still the common factor (i.e. development that doesn't make use of hardware optimally will still exist)

A high end Nvidia Geforce GTX690 4GB costs around $1 200 in my market, now show me which games have developed games that are able to use an 8 core i7 and that video card right now?

The time will come in future where the differences will come into play, how long did the PS3's 1st party devs to optimize for their own hardware?

Resistance (PS3 Launch Title in 2006)

[pic - click to view]

Killzone 2 (2009)

[pic - click to view]

Last of Us (Latest PS3 Title in 2013)

[pic - click to view]

While PC

Crysis 3 (PC Title on Max Settings i.e. using all 8 cores like PS4 and Xbox One hardware specs)

[pic - click to view]

Battlefield 3 (PC Title on Max Settings)

[pic - click to view]

From the screens above I have shown you how long it has taken for the PS3 to even optimize their system with 1st parties, while people in here arguing "well it's easier to develop for the PS4", yes it is, and all the diffs we will see, but not to the extent everyone expects. Even Crysis 3 and BF3 on max settings on PC still look different, why? Development is diff for each team and how they use it is key!
 07-07-2013, 08:12 AM         #72
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
Lol why can I not compare the history of consoles for consoles? Because now consoles have started adopting PC CPU's and ditched propriety hardware?

PC's are fragmented as I pointed out, EVERYONE knows this. As it stands in 2013, the PS4 and Xbox One are mid range PC's, and even mid range PC games don't fully utilize the hardware (e.g. Crysis 3 and BF4 being the only 2 games I know that use more than 4 cores), and the GPU power comes into play! What PC's could do with that hardware up till today is just upscale graphically, but game developers are still the common factor (i.e. development that doesn't make use of hardware optimally will still exist)

A high end Nvidia Geforce GTX690 4GB costs around $1 200 in my market, now show me which games have developed games that are able to use an 8 core i7 and that video card right now?

The time will come in future where the differences will come into play, how long did the PS3's 1st party devs to optimize for their own hardware?

Resistance (PS3 Launch Title in 2006)

[pic - click to view]

Killzone 2 (2009)

[pic - click to view]

Last of Us (Latest PS3 Title in 2013)

[pic - click to view]

While PC

Crysis 3 (PC Title on Max Settings i.e. using all 8 cores like PS4 and Xbox One hardware specs)

[pic - click to view]

Battlefield 3 (PC Title on Max Settings)

[pic - click to view]

From the screens above I have shown you how long it has taken for the PS3 to even optimize their system with 1st parties, while people in here arguing "well it's easier to develop for the PS4", yes it is, and all the diffs we will see, but not to the extent everyone expects. Even Crysis 3 and BF3 on max settings on PC still look different, why? Development is diff for each team and how they use it is key!
Now you are comparing different devs team. The same dev team that made Resistance 1 worked on the sequels and the sequels got better with time. Why, because the Cell was a huge learning curve. It still is not fully optimized.

A dev team working on a launch title for the Xbox One and PS4 is working with the same CPU, so very easy to port code there, same architecture and using DX11.1. Again very easy to port code over. Only difference is the PS4 has better RAM and the GPU is faster.

It is not that difficult to code for two different GPUs. Even if they do not optimize completely for the PS4s GPU. Just like how in PCs a dev writes a game to run on multiple GPU settings. The better GPU takes advantage of the max setting. Is this the optimum way of programming for the best GPU, no. Does it still take advantage of being more powerful, yes.

That will be in the case with the PS4. I am just going to leave this subject matter alone and respond on the launch title threads and the threads a year from now.

I already know that the response at launch will be "well the games barely look better on the PS4". Denial. Then a year from now the differences will show even more.

And when I mention graphics I do mean AA settings as well. Two games can have identical graphics but one uses 4x AA (and has less jaggies) and the other has no AA or only uses 2x. That alone can be taken advantage of without having to optimize.

Last edited by xeduran; 07-07-2013 at 08:16 AM..
 4 years ago '06        #73
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,823 | Props total: 191 191
i trust mark cerny...he created marble madness people...MARBLE MADNESS!
 4 years ago '12        #74
space
space
 xeduran said:
I am not talking about the 8GB of GDDR5 RAM. The RAM is quicker period. So even if it just uses 2GB of GDDR5 RAM it is still faster. And the GPU is faster so yes it will look better at launch. You think a dev is going to optimize a game for Xbox One completely and turn around and do absolutely nothing for the PS4? That makes no sense.

I do not know why you even mentioned the CPU cores for? The CPUs are the same so whether the game uses two cores or six, it would do so on both systems. Only the GPU matters.

On these console the cores will be used more though. The CPUs are weak in comparsion to PCs so the cores will have to be used more than in PC gaming.

My current video card can run games that only use 1GB of video RAM faster than my last video card. Both could handle the RAM, but my new card has faster RAM and a faster GPU.

You will see come launch titles.

Also please do not mention cloud offloading, GPU tasks cannot be handled in the cloud. GPU tasks are done mostly in real time, in other words no latency. The cloud cannot replace that.

As for the highlighted part, both systems are very easy to program for. Therefore both will take advantage of their hardware. That is the main point and why you cannot compare these consoles to previous consoles. The architecture is PC. Devs already know how to handle these systems for the most part. They have been for numerous years now.
And this is when I will get out this debate with you. It's how these things are utilized not the final number!!! I don't understand why people have this belief that I have 8GB GDDR5, therefore is greater than 8GB DDR3 by default = better games by default!!!

There is a WHOOOOLE lot more that goes into software development when you have to depend on hardware specs. It ALWAYS helps to have more available for scalability reasons, but if you can't optimize for crap, be it Xbox One or PS4, the game will come out half a.ssed!

Both systems you have to deal with bottlenecks in various stages of its hardware, and some hardware will prioritize how they are handled higher than the games themselves. Sony will eventually optimize for their system, just like Microsoft will. Weaknesses can be bypassed in a system up till a certain point, including sacrificing certain processing aspects in a game to accommodate something else (graphics for scale for example).

Go Google real world specs on PC games, most games don't even use 3GB of RAM, with your Crysis 3 being an exception with max settings!

Crysis 3 GPU as it stands you can use a GeForce GTX 680:
2GB Mem, GDDR5, Texture Rate of 128.768 GTexel/s, with 192.3GB/sec of memory bandwidth

and 8GB of RAM with a Quad Core CPU

Nowhere near optimum PS4 figures, but PC games we all know look better than next gen console games at the end of the day don't we?
 4 years ago '12        #75
space
space
 xeduran said:
Now you are comparing different devs team. The same dev team that made Resistance 1 worked on the sequels and the sequels got better with time. Why, because the Cell was a huge learning curve. It still is not fully optimized.

A dev team working on a launch title for the Xbox One and PS4 is working with the same CPU, so very easy to port code there, same architecture and using DX11.1. Again very easy to port code over. Only difference is the PS4 has better RAM and the GPU is faster.

It is not that difficult to code for two different GPUs. Even if they do not optimize completely for the PS4s GPU. Just like how in PCs a dev writes a game to run on multiple GPU settings. The better GPU takes advantage of the max setting. Is this the optimum way of programming for the best GPU, no. Does it still take advantage of being more powerful, yes.

That will be in the case with the PS4. I am just going to leave this subject matter alone and respond on the launch title threads and the threads a year from now.

I already know that the response at launch will be "well the games barely look better on the PS4". Denial. Then a year from now the differences will show even more.

And when I mention graphics I do mean AA settings as well. Two games can have identical graphics but one uses 4x AA (and has less jaggies) and the other has no AA or only uses 2x. That alone can be taken advantage of without having to optimize.
Exactly. I'm doing it on purpose to show you in the real world diff dev teams will be using this hardware for different games, and if one dev team can utilize the hardware specifically for their game and needs, guess what? The other won't because they need certain aspects on the hardware to optimize something else. E.g. Rockstar will optimize their games for the sheer scope alone ahead of graphics, while Crytek will optimize their games more graphically than scope, and this affects how the system processes and is used to play such a game.

Just because the PS4 or Xbox One say they can achieve this optimally doesn't mean in the real world it will be done on a regular basis, that is why I threw in the PC spanner in the works. PC's, albeit fragmented hardware wise, have waaaay better hardware available, and guess what? All you have got for a 2k GPU is upscaled graphics and a subjectively smoother experience, FROM 1 OR TWO DEVELOPERS!

BTW PS4 uses Open GL not DX11.1 (which the Xbox One we will a.ssume will be upgrading to DX12 together with Windows 8), therefore a diff API to render for PS4 compared to Xbox One, one thing highly overlooked as well!

Last edited by majestykagiso; 07-07-2013 at 08:39 AM..
 4 years ago '10        #76
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19636 19636
 Burg Boy said:
Heres what i found:

CPU

PS3 - 7 cores x 3.2 Ghz
XBOX 360 - 3 cores x 3.2 Ghz

GPU

PS3 - 550 Mhz, 1.8 TFLOPS, 512 mb total memory, 42 piplines
XBOX 360 - 500 Mhz, 1 TFLOPS, 512 total memory, 26 piplines

VIDEO/AUDIO

PS3 - 1080p, 7.1 uncoded sound
XBOX 360 - 1080p(upscale not native), 7.1 coded

DISC FORMAT

PS3 - Bluray, 50 gb, possible 200 gb storage on one disc
XBOX 360 - HD DVD, 30 gb, 60 gb possible on one disc

HARD DRIVE

PS3 - up to 1 terabyte
XBOX 360 - up to 120 gb

Those numbers are wrong.

The PS3 and 360 GPU's weren't capable of outputting a single Teraflop.

Also the PS3 did not have a multi-core CPU. It's a single core with 7 Synergistic Processing Elements (SPE's).

The PS3's memory was not unified as 512. 256 for graphics, and 256 for general use.
 07-07-2013, 08:37 AM         #77
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
And this is when I will get out this debate with you. It's how these things are utilized not the final number!!! I don't understand why people have this belief that I have 8GB GDDR5, therefore is greater than 8GB DDR3 by default = better games by default!!!

There is a WHOOOOLE lot more that goes into software development when you have to depend on hardware specs. It ALWAYS helps to have more available for scalability reasons, but if you can't optimize for crap, be it Xbox One or PS4, the game will come out half a.ssed!

Both systems you have to deal with bottlenecks in various stages of its hardware, and some hardware will prioritize how they are handled higher than the games themselves. Sony will eventually optimize for their system, just like Microsoft will. Weaknesses can be bypassed in a system up till a certain point, including sacrificing certain processing aspects in a game to accommodate something else (graphics for scale for example).

Go Google real world specs on PC games, most games don't even use 3GB of RAM, with your Crysis 3 being an exception with max settings!

Crysis 3 GPU as it stands you can use a GeForce GTX 680:
2GB Mem, GDDR5, Texture Rate of 128.768 GTexel/s, with 192.3GB/sec of memory bandwidth

and 8GB of RAM with a Quad Core CPU

Nowhere near optimum PS4 figures, but PC games we all know look better than next gen console games at the end of the day don't we?
That statement is point out the only difference in the two. Both have very little bottlenecks, this has already been mentioned. The PS4 has been called well balanced with no visible bottlenecks. Again you are talking about just RAM. The PS4's GPU is also better overall, not just the RAM. This adds up to higher graphics settings. My GTX 670 has the same RAM as a 680, but the 680 is still better. Even over clocked, the 680 is still better. It is more than just RAM. The PS4 GPU is just superior overall.
 4 years ago '04        #78
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,892 | Props total: 2044 2044
 xeduran said:
Why do people keep comparing the PS3 and Xbox 360 to PS4 and Xbox One?

They cannot be compared. How many times do I have to state this? Since people like to talk out of their a** I will state the facts below:

FACTS:

Xbox One and PS4 have the extremely similar CPUs
Xbox One has less bandwith (memory) than the PS4
Xbox One has a weaker GPU than the PS4
Both systems are easy to program for (ports will be very easy to make)

Since both systems will be very easy to program for and both systems have the same CPU, the only difference is that the PS4 has better memory and a strong GPU. This will lead to the PS4 having better graphics. This is a fact, go look at PC gaming and remember that both of these systems are basically PCs.

People here are pointing out theoretical like it is a bad thing. All video cards are measured in theoretical numbers. You know why, because they might never hit those numbers. But the video card with the higher theoretical number will have the higher real performance. This is a fact will all video cards. Go read up on video cards and you will see. So stop highlighting theoretical like if it means nothing.

The only wild card here is cloud computing. Whether it will actually work in real performance. If it does whether Sony can match it. This will only help for CPU tasks anyway like physics. Not graphical tasks that the GPU handles because that is needed in real time. So the PS4 would still have better graphics.

One year from now a lot of you people in denial will see that the differences in the GPUs do add up to graphical differences.
 xeduran said:
That statement is point out the only difference in the two. Both have very little bottlenecks, this has already been mentioned. The PS4 has been called well balanced with no visible bottlenecks. Again you are talking about just RAM. The PS4's GPU is also better overall, not just the RAM. This adds up to higher graphics settings. My GTX 670 has the same RAM as a 680, but the 680 is still better. Even over clocked, the 680 is still better. It is more than just RAM. The PS4 GPU is just superior overall.
This should of shut the thread down, but got over looked by pokemon yugoku w/e cartoon sh*t in this thread. And bold is pretty simple for any regular person to google about to know what really matters in the 2 systems
 4 years ago '12        #79
space
space
 xeduran said:
All development has bottlenecks. I started in software development, for software to lack ANY bottle neck it would mean all code, all hardware, all programmers are standardized, and in software development, you use so many fragmented objects and face so many objectives you have to meet that what is good for the gander is usually not good for the goose (in simpler terms, what would work for a game like Gran Turismo, won't be the same for a game like k!llzone or Little Big Planet). That is the reality of the world and just because it's easier to develop for, and port, doesn't mean core programming and optimizing still can't be done.

Again no one, not even, said the PS4 GPU isn't strong, utilization of that power is key, just like you can say a 680 is better than a 670, now how many game titles you own use the 680 optimally? I'll wait!

Xbox One will also face the same basic issues, especially with Direct X as an API, whoever said "Both have very little bottlenecks", yes that could be true in relation to current gen, but guess what? bottlenecks will forever exist in software development because of the huge choices you have, be it core hardware, accessories, API and languages used, what you intend your game to do eventually etc...
 07-07-2013, 09:02 AM         #80
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=majestykagiso;27718223]Exactly. I'm doing it on purpose to show you in the real world diff dev teams will be using this hardware for different games, and if one dev team can utilize the hardware specifically for their game and needs, guess what? The other won't because they need certain aspects on the hardware to optimize something else. E.g. Rockstar will optimize their games for the sheer scope alone ahead of graphics, while Crytek will optimize their games more graphically than scope, and this affects how the system processes and is used to play such a game.

Just because the PS4 or Xbox One say they can achieve this optimally doesn't mean in the real world it will be done on a regular basis, that is why I threw in the PC spanner in the works. PC's, albeit fragmented hardware wise, have waaaay better hardware available, and guess what? All you have got for a 2k GPU is upscaled graphics and a subjectively smoother experience, FROM 1 OR TWO DEVELOPERS!

BTW PS4 uses Open GL not DX11.1 (which the Xbox One we will a.ssume will be upgrading to DX12 together with Windows 8), therefore a diff API to render for PS4 compared to Xbox One, one thing highly overlooked as well![/QUOTE]

My bad, should have said DX11.1 feature set, not DX11.1. Xbox One will support DX11.2 not DX12. DX12 will not be out for a long while.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy