Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-06-2013, 09:57 PM         #61
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So n*ggas is paying devs to purposely make their graphics better and getting 60 minutes of bonus content? Sounds like money will "win" next generation "war".
 4 years ago '06        #62
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
 xeduran said:
There is something I do not understand about what the devs are saying now. Back in February, the devs stated that both the Xbox One and PS4 would be using dedicated servers. If that is true, than any Physics calculations that they are offloading to the cloud should be available on both. Unless if they are purposely not using the dedicated servers for that on the PS4 version. I will wait and see what the final product really offers.

On PC of course.

A few people already touched on this, but you are right. The PS4 will utilize the "cloud" just as XBox One is using it.

However, I really think that it's not going to matter with launch games. The two systems are BARELY being pushed to their limits on these launch titles. There is no reason that they would need to unload tree and water physics to the cloud to make room for advanced AI. This could all be handled locally since the systems aren't pushing the limit. The only thing that I can possibly think of is that Ubisoft has not figured out a way to use the two consoles efficiently enough yet to be able to run the entire game locally.

I have a feeling that this is just PR though and it may not actually be as serious as it sounds. I am pretty sure the two games will look and play pretty identically other than the bonus content on the PS4 version. We'll certainly see though.
 4 years ago '04        #63
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 The N said:
Ubisoft are Sony fanatics, all their games are always using Playstation, exclusive DLC and sh*t

I see this article as BS from Ubi to make sure XBox one version gets
Sales to, so they use "the power of the cloud" word to get that buzz going.

This sh*t probably looks better on PS4 to, Ubi think they slick.
sorta like how all the devs had the "only with power of blu-ray" tagline for this gen

"only with power of blu-ray when your character sits down to watch Tv there entire episodes of I love lucy we put on the disc" - Starbreeze studios

"because of power we can only unlock with Blu-ray on the ps3, Nero's arm with have abilities not possible on any other console" - Capcom

"with the power of ps3 bringing our city to life in a.ssassins creed with more animations is only possible because of blu-ray" - Ubisoft
and the list goes on.....
 07-06-2013, 10:16 PM         #64
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sounds relatively minor, like snes v genesis, psx v n64, 360 v ps3... it won't be a deciding a factor for me.
 4 years ago '06        #65
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
 xeduran said:
There will basically be two different gameplay modes, online with cloud computing and offline without it. Though even if you are online, if the servers are being slammed, I would expect the gameplay to be like the offline mode.

This is all new and is it currently being overhyped. When the game is released, we will see how well this really works and if it is even worth using.
I think this is a huge oversight that not enough people are talking about.

XBox One was originally designed to be always online, right? So, therefor there would be no reason to worry about disconnecting from the cloud. Now, games that are counting on this connectivity could run into serious problems in offline mode right?

Does this mean if your Internet goes down you may have to run stripped down versions of games? I understand that they are trying to unload features that don't have to be processed in real time, but once you start disabling certain features, it may look like a last gen game in offline, no?

Has Mircrosoft even touched on this yet?
 4 years ago '08        #66
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23344 23344
He was comparing next gen to current gen when he said that. Not comparing the Xbox One to PS4.

They've said WD will look pretty much identical on PS4 and Xbox One.
 4 years ago '06        #67
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
 Arson said:
He was comparing next gen to current gen when he said that. Not comparing the Xbox One to PS4.

That's actually a really good point. It was the article author who took his quotes and put the spin on it.
 07-06-2013, 10:55 PM         #68
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:

What about Wii U?
 4 years ago '04        #69
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 YOUNGZERO said:
Bullsh*t, they're just getting paid more to polish the xbox one version. f*ggots.
I guess you didnt read the way they are trying to make the game run on the cloud servers
 4 years ago '07        #70
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
I lost. Preordered this sh*t for the PS4 too

Bout to switch it though
 4 years ago '12        #71
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
 SOCIALITE said:
So n*ggas is paying devs to purposely make their graphics better and getting 60 minutes of bonus content? Sounds like money will "win" next generation "war".
That's how Sony muscled out SEGA. It's all about the green. Sega granted were obnoxious and thought losing devs wouldn't matter with the Saturn, but come Dreamcast those inhouse developers couldn't sustain lost revenue, and here we are in 2013 and Sega is now a distant memory in gaming...

07-07-2013, 07:03 AM         #72
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SOCIALITE said:
In the case of the PS4, the graphics will be better because of the hardware, not because of the money. This game will probably still look better on the PS4 but just be less "dynamic", how much, we will know at launch. And yes a lot of money is involved. MS has spent a whole lot to get exclusive DLC this gen.

I personally hate the fact that MS and Sony use money to gain exclusives or advantages. It is being done on PC now as well. AMD seems to have thrown money at devs to get games optimized for their cards. It sickens me because it is not just about the hardware anymore. It is about who is also willing to spend money to get exclusive content or some other advantage.
 07-07-2013, 07:06 AM         #73
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
That's how Sony muscled out SEGA. It's all about the green. Sega granted were obnoxious and thought losing devs wouldn't matter with the Saturn, but come Dreamcast those inhouse developers couldn't sustain lost revenue, and here we are in 2013 and Sega is now a distant memory in gaming...

Same is going to happen with Nintendo if this continues. People on here cheer when MS or Sony gets an exclusive third party game or content. I don't because I know it came with a price. I don't like these side deals at all, they always seemed shady to me. I was actually happy that Sony stopped paying as much for exclusives, but then MS took over.

It makes it very difficult for a newcomer to enter gaming. Because even if you have a great console, you still need money to bribe devs for exclusive content.
 4 years ago '12        #74
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
i personally think both consoles hardware are good enough to run all these launch games without the so called cloud, these fucckin Devs are greedy and are using these games to get as much money from MS or SONY for stupid sh*t that will lead in the consumer paying the price... It doesnt matter who we stan for, it all depends on who these Devs wanna screw over for money, and to think some BX members felt sorry for these Devs... Im so glad SONY is still in the game, MS saw SONY struggle with finance and implimented DRM bullsh*t and thought that Sony didnt have a choice but to follow or else they wouldnt get support from the Devs, Sony said fucck yall won the consumers over MS backtracked and now they paying DEVS to screw SONY with content that can easily run on the console... In other words, THIS IS A bi*chMOVE!
 07-07-2013, 08:04 AM         #75
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pleasure Boy said:
i personally think both consoles hardware are good enough to run all these launch games without the so called cloud, these fucckin Devs are greedy and are using these games to get as much money from MS or SONY for stupid sh*t that will lead in the consumer paying the price... It doesnt matter who we stan for, it all depends on who these Devs wanna screw over for money, and to think some BX members felt sorry for these Devs... Im so glad SONY is still in the game, MS saw SONY struggle with finance and implimented DRM bullsh*t and thought that Sony didnt have a choice but to follow or else they wouldnt get support from the Devs, Sony said fucck yall won the consumers over MS backtracked and now they paying DEVS to screw SONY with content that can easily run on the console... In other words, THIS IS A bi*chMOVE!
The issue is the CPU that Sony and MS choose to use, it is very weak in comparison to PC CPUs. So they may need a.ssistance from the cloud. Though I doubt launch titles are using all eight cores of the CPU. As devs optimize games for all the cores, the CPU should be able to handle more and more physics without any cloud use.
 4 years ago '12        #76
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 xeduran said:
The issue is the CPU that Sony and MS choose to use, it is very weak in comparison to PC CPUs. So they may need a.ssistance from the cloud. Though I doubt launch titles are using all eight cores of the CPU. As devs optimize games for all the cores, the CPU should be able to handle more and more physics without any cloud use.
thats what im saying... I think the cloud is an excuse for these Devs to run games online, we all know launch titles never utilize full power of the consoles, they've been working on this game for some time i doubt they had any idea what specs these console had at the time, if they can downscale the game to run on PS3 and X360 then there really shouldnt be a problem to run the the game at max potential on the new consoles, what they doing with this exclusive content is dumb, their basically telling future PS4 owners that they wont have the same experience as X1 owners which could lead to people not buying their game on PS4... This is just stupid, and i dont believe the cloud enhances improvements in gameplay, thats just a ploy to get people to buy the console, the future of X1 is paying for DLC which is already happening on the X360
 07-07-2013, 10:04 AM         #77
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pleasure Boy said:
thats what im saying... I think the cloud is an excuse for these Devs to run games online, we all know launch titles never utilize full power of the consoles, they've been working on this game for some time i doubt they had any idea what specs these console had at the time, if they can downscale the game to run on PS3 and X360 then there really shouldnt be a problem to run the the game at max potential on the new consoles, what they doing with this exclusive content is dumb, their basically telling future PS4 owners that they wont have the same experience as X1 owners which could lead to people not buying their game on PS4... This is just stupid, and i dont believe the cloud enhances improvements in gameplay, thats just a ploy to get people to buy the console, the future of X1 is paying for DLC which is already happening on the X360
You are getting too excited over this early on. We have no idea how the game is going to play out when it is released. For all we know this dynamic improvement is negligible. Maybe the PS4 version looks slightly better and the Xbox One is slightly more dynamic. We have no idea.

I am sure both versions will be excellent and owners of either console will enjoy it. I personally will be playing the PC version.
 4 years ago '12        #78
dakid4b 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,082 | Props total: 330 330
 xeduran said:
Same is going to happen with Nintendo if this continues. People on here cheer when MS or Sony gets an exclusive third party game or content. I don't because I know it came with a price. I don't like these side deals at all, they always seemed shady to me. I was actually happy that Sony stopped paying as much for exclusives, but then MS took over.

It makes it very difficult for a newcomer to enter gaming. Because even if you have a great console, you still need money to bribe devs for exclusive content.
nintendo outsold both ms and sony this gen by a good amount there not going anywhere
 4 years ago '11        #79
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,214 | Props total: 5386 5386
 e G o Maniac said:
So you claim you're new here and you've never been here before, completely ignorant to people like HDBeatz... yet, you knew exactly who that was in that smiley. You're a f*ggot, HD.

Someone bring that tombstone in this thread.
 4 years ago '10        #80
Shii 
space
space
$291 | Props total: 0 0
 d2921 said:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago