Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
98 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
107 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #41
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,617 | Props total: 3945 3945
obvious PR stunt, they was already on record saying the PS4 will be the definitive version..i'd still rather that extra hour of new content.

niccas is excited because trees will look more dynamic on xbox 1...

extra content > realistic trees
 07-06-2013, 02:28 PM         #42
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is something I do not understand about what the devs are saying now. Back in February, the devs stated that both the Xbox One and PS4 would be using dedicated servers. If that is true, than any Physics calculations that they are offloading to the cloud should be available on both. Unless if they are purposely not using the dedicated servers for that on the PS4 version. I will wait and see what the final product really offers.

On PC of course.

4 years ago '12        #43
dakid4b 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,081 | Props total: 330 330
 link04 said:
obvious PR stunt, they was already on record saying the PS4 will be the definitive version..i'd still rather that extra hour of new content.

i would pick a more alive city then 60 min of extra missions anyday
 4 years ago '07        #44
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,617 | Props total: 3945 3945
 dakid4b said:
i would pick a more alive city then 60 min of extra missions anyday
enjoy the wind rustling on your tv screen, relish the neighbors raking up leaves..
 4 years ago '12        #45
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
 xeduran said:
There is something I do not understand about what the devs are saying now. Back in February, the devs stated that both the Xbox One and PS4 would be using dedicated servers. If that is true, than any Physics calculations that they are offloading to the cloud should be available on both. Unless if they are purposely not using the dedicated servers for that on the PS4 version. I will wait and see what the final product really offers.

On PC of course.

I think the 300 000 servers for the Xbox is the key difference. It's already common knowledge that Sony has to upgrade their online services, so once that is done cloud services will roll out as a standard. Now i'm going to ask those who said Cloud off-loading was a myth *Hovi Bryant specifically*

EDIT: Let me fix that. Said = Insinuated

Last edited by majestykagiso; 07-06-2013 at 04:46 PM..
 07-06-2013, 05:03 PM         #46
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
I think the 300 000 servers for the Xbox is the key difference. It's already common knowledge that Sony has to upgrade their online services, so once that is done cloud services will roll out as a standard. Now i'm going to ask those who said Cloud off-loading was a myth *Hovi Bryant specifically*

EDIT: Let me fix that. Said = Insinuated
I still think the cloud computing is being overplayed. I have been looking at it from a PC standpoint and may have underestimated how crappy the console CPUs are. PCs can handle physics just fine. The CPU the Xbox One and PS4 uses may need extra help in some instances.

We will see when the game is released if the benefits are actually worth talking about. If so, we may see the Xbox One benefitting from better physics in games that require them and the PS4 from better graphics overall.

So far it is all talk, I am not believing anything until I see it running in real time with a bunch of other people on the servers.
 4 years ago '06        #47
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
#teamsony
 4 years ago '12        #48
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
 xeduran said:
I still think the cloud computing is being overplayed. I have been looking at it from a PC standpoint and may have underestimated how crappy the console CPUs are. PCs can handle physics just fine. The CPU the Xbox One and PS4 uses may need extra help in some instances.

We will see when the game is released if the benefits are actually worth talking about. If so, we may see the Xbox One benefitting from better physics in games that require them and the PS4 from better graphics overall.

So far it is all talk, I am not believing anything until I see it running in real time with a bunch of other people on the servers.

Agreed on the highlighted point but as you said, it's something that must be seen in gaming.

Already as is in software development, cloud offloading happens, and video games are still software at the core. The biggest issue lies on the server side, basically how the server handles processing and sending it back to the client within an accepted time-frame without lag. Internet speed and congestion issues technology would also have to be ironed out, and this huge dedicated server allocation is a great first move. If you have used something as simple as Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive all use cloud based offloading (esp for office documents) if required
 07-06-2013, 05:43 PM         #49
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestykagiso said:
Agreed on the highlighted point but as you said, it's something that must be seen in gaming.

Already as is in software development, cloud offloading happens, and video games are still software at the core. The biggest issue lies on the server side, basically how the server handles processing and sending it back to the client within an accepted time-frame without lag. Internet speed and congestion issues technology would also have to be ironed out, and this huge dedicated server allocation is a great first move. If you have used something as simple as Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive all use cloud based offloading (esp for office documents) if required
The lag or latency is the issue that makes me think the whole cloud computing feature is for marketing. In gaming, the computations must be sent and received in a timely manner. When you have possibly millions of people connected to these servers at the same time, I strongly question how successful this will be.

I will say that I am highly disappointed in the CPU both systems are using. The PC version will be able to handle the physics just fine as long as you have a good CPU.

Hopefully games will be optimized to use all eight cores and future games will not have to rely on cloud computing for physics. Or else we will be left with two different experiences when playing online vs offline. I really wished that Sony and MS used better CPUs.

Last edited by xeduran; 07-06-2013 at 05:47 PM..
 07-06-2013, 05:55 PM         #50
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krazie said:

Good point.

Although he was here 2 years ago, you apparently haven't seen the Boyz II Men serenades that he sends to the ladies on here.

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #51
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 696 696
fu*k is up with the whole offloading sh*t to the cloud business. So what if im offline. will my trees and leaves not sway in the wind??
 4 years ago '11        #52
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Flatbush85 said:
fu*k is up with the whole offloading sh*t to the cloud business. So what if im offline. will my trees and leaves not sway in the wind??
Nope.
 07-06-2013, 07:15 PM         #53
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Flatbush85 said:
There will basically be two different gameplay modes, online with cloud computing and offline without it. Though even if you are online, if the servers are being slammed, I would expect the gameplay to be like the offline mode.

This is all new and is it currently being overhyped. When the game is released, we will see how well this really works and if it is even worth using.
 4 years ago '10        #54
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
I think the reason why they are saying this is because Gaikai won't be fully functional by Sony until sometime in 2014.

Sure the PS4 has better hardware but because it's ONLY hardware, it won't be as good as the XB1 version because the XB1 can use it's hardware plus the cloud.

With Sony's better hardware and fully functional Gaikai system, there will be no competition.
 4 years ago '04        #55
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 4 years ago '04        #56
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,609 | Props total: 1775 1775
 Laharl said:
O.K. HDBeatz we get it.

Enough with the PS4 news already.

Oh, wait...

On topic: I think the PS4 version has like an hour more of exclusive content though.

[pic - click to view]

Call it a graphical presentation vs bonus content trade off.

Ps4's powerful enough to do everything X1's cloud can do, they better figure that sh*t out before launch. And if its true ps4 is getting exclusive content, then fu*k it. You guys can have dynamically changing water, i'll have an extra hour of gameplay that'll you'll later pay for in dlc.
 4 years ago '08        #57
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,570 | Props total: 17220 17220
Ubisoft are Sony fanatics, all their games are always using Playstation, exclusive DLC and sh*t

I see this article as BS from Ubi to make sure XBox one version gets
Sales to, so they use "the power of the cloud" word to get that buzz going.

This sh*t probably looks better on PS4 to, Ubi think they slick.
 4 years ago '06        #58
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
 link04 said:

man fu*k outta here you lame fu*king duck looking a.ss little boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

the ps4 version will look like sh*t !!!! face it !!! it will look like you playing it on ps2!!!!! yeah dude ps2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xbox won fu*k outta here your salty as fu*kkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 4 years ago '06        #59
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
 The N said:
Ubisoft are Sony fanatics, all their games are always using Playstation, exclusive DLC and sh*t

I see this article as BS from Ubi to make sure XBox one version gets
Sales to, so they use "the power of the cloud" word to get that buzz going.

This sh*t probably looks better on PS4 to, Ubi think they slick.
 07-06-2013, 09:09 PM         #60
Black Samurai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm buying it on PC. will look better than both
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
111 comments
21 hours ago