Dubai 1991 to 2013

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #41
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
 EKEK said:
do buy.
dough bai
 4 years ago '11        #42
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
 STAY ASLEEP said:
for real. i'll trade the glitz for a shred of freedom.
f'real. Freedom = priceless
 4 years ago '05        #43
pump_it_up 
space
space
space
$114 | Props total: 0 0
Insightful perspective for those keen for a read:

07-07-2013, 04:07 AM         #44
Cheesypoof 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fedor Christ said:
fu*k Dubai.

get caught with .01g of weed and do football numbers in jail.

not to mention there arent any stripclubs or none of that fun sh*t either. gay a.ss conservative cesspool.
its the prostitution capital of the middle east. Of course they have clubs
 07-07-2013, 04:11 AM         #45
Cheesypoof 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sean McDevitt said:
Oil.

america was hijacked by the bush family. all those 7 sister oil companies..

got me wanting to leave this weak a.ss country

some uneducated folk in this thread. Dubai doesnt have oil:

Of the emirates, Abu Dhabi has most of the oil with 92 billion barrels (14.6×109 m3) while Dubai has 4 billion barrels (640×106 m3)
 4 years ago '10        #46
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
rob me a n*gga
 4 years ago '08        #47
johnny08 
space
space
space
$113 | Props total: 17 17
fl_lck Dubai and its slavery and racism system

how can people still accept slavery in the 21 st century ?

That sh*t is sickening and happening in many Arab countries...
(No hate towards the Arabs, but can't condone their "cultural habits")

Last edited by johnny08; 07-07-2013 at 06:22 AM..
 4 years ago '11        #48
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 pump_it_up said:
Insightful perspective for those keen for a read:

good article
 4 years ago '08        #49
johnny08 
space
space
space
$113 | Props total: 17 17
fl_lck Dubai and its slavery and racism system

how can people still accept slavery in the 21 st century ?

That sh*t is sickening and happening in many Arab countries...
(No hate towards the Arabs, but can't condone their "cultural habits")
 4 years ago '05        #50
Trakboy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,081 | Props total: 979 979
that oil money
 07-07-2013, 07:05 AM         #51
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
come up!!
 4 years ago '06        #52
santana2009 
space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 255 255
I think ill go there on vacation next year.
 4 years ago '07        #53
ham00di 30 heat pts30
space
space
$1,434 | Props total: 3 3
That article is SO biased its crazy, every city or country has flaws, every city or country has stories of peoples lives turning sour.

I for one hate Dubai, I love nature but I have to say it is an extremely incredible place, if you haven't been then you have no opinion, go first then talk.
 4 years ago '05        #54
justindlawson 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
Women gets r*ped...charged with s3x before marriage.

jailed-for-8-months-for-s3x-outside-marriage/
 07-07-2013, 08:59 AM         #55
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 l0blunt said:
It's not slavery if they have a choice. Maybe its an indentured servant situation instead.
Even though it looks like its an "indentured servant" situation, it's really slavery at best. What they technically do is look for cheap labor in poor countries like Pakistan, India or Bangladesh and they false advertise this believe that they're going to be getting this good paying job while living a regular life in that country and allow them to send money back to their families, but once they get there, that's when the nightmare truly begins and these workers realize they've been lied to. First, they take off your passports and automatically you have no rights to do anything at all. Which means you can't drive, or even own or rent property. Everything that you do including wages your contractors manages it and you can't do a fu*king thing without his consent. Even if you wanted to leave, it'll be up to him to send you back, but in most cases, they won't do it and chances are he'll trade you for another worker or simply sell you off to someone else. Now, Lets say you do escape, and you get caught by the police, either the authorities can send you back to the contractor where he can punish you or they'll throw a lengthy prison sentence (10 to 15 years). And as far as compensation is concern? In most cases, you don't get a fraction of anything you wok for or even worse, you don't get a dime. They don't allow you to communicate back home and if you do, they'll monitor those calls. Also, the living and working conditions are pissed poor. They barely feed you, 16 hour work shift 6 to 7 days a week and you share everything with the other workers that are there as well.

That's why it's really not a indentured servant situation... But a slavery one, because with everything they go through and how they're deceived, it's truly not the same. At least when it was done people knew what they were getting into, unlike this situation where they trick the most ignorant to come in the false promise of a fresh new start to a new life with a good paying job or paradise, but really they're heading into hell.
 4 years ago '06        #56
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,533 | Props total: 6781 6781
time to invade Dubai my n*gga
 4 years ago '13        #57
mikejuheard 43 heat pts43
space
space
$24,308 | Props total: 24421 24421
they be doing wheelies allday
 4 years ago '05        #58
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,653 | Props total: 13768 13768
 Jayg36 said:
How u gon tell me?

Samina who worked at the Hugo Boss store in the mall, and Karen, the manager at the Hard Rock Cafe were wearing clothes that let their cleavage hang all out when I bagged them

This was back between 04-07 tho so maybe things changed

edit: and even tho the club scene was wack, that was because of the music selection. But those Ethiopians was k!llin the game out there! They damn sure wasn't dressed in no garbs
Who the f*ck are Samina and Karen?
 4 years ago '05        #59
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
Had a friend that lived in Dubai for a little.

The crazy story he told me is about how if you go into debt you go to jail.

If you get into a situation where you lose your job, and you owe money on loans utilities, etc.. And you don't have enough money in your bank account and don't pay back the money in X amount of months. They'll freeze your bank account,block you from leaving the country, and send you to jail until the funds are paid.

There's a dark side to that city, they call it the Disneyland for adults.
 4 years ago '05        #60
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
Here's a similar story when I didn't believe my friend that any country would send someone to jail over minor debt. they don't tell you about that.

I. An Adult Disneyland

Karen Andrews can't speak. Every time she starts to tell her story, she puts her head down and crumples. She is slim and angular and has the faded radiance of the once-rich, even though her clothes are as creased as her forehead. I find her in the car park of one of Dubai's finest international hotels, where she is living, in her Range Rover. She has been sleeping here for months, thanks to the kindness of the Bangladeshi car park attendants who don't have the heart to move her on. This is not where she thought her Dubai dream would end.

Her story comes out in stutters, over four hours. At times, her old voice – witty and warm – breaks through. Karen came here from Canada when her husband was offered a job in the senior division of a famous multinational. "When he said Dubai, I said – if you want me to wear black and quit booze, baby, you've got the wrong girl. But he asked me to give it a chance. And I loved him."

All her worries melted when she touched down in Dubai in 2005. "It was an adult Disneyland, where Sheikh Mohammed is the mouse," she says. "Life was fantastic. You had these amazing big apartments, you had a whole army of your own staff, you pay no taxes at all. It seemed like everyone was a CEO. We were partying the whole time."

Her husband, Daniel, bought two properties. "We were drunk on Dubai," she says. But for the first time in his life, he was beginning to mismanage their finances. "We're not talking huge sums, but he was getting confused. It was so unlike Daniel, I was surprised. We got into a little bit of debt." After a year, she found out why: Daniel was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

One doctor told him he had a year to live; another said it was benign and he'd be okay. But the debts were growing. "Before I came here, I didn't know anything about Dubai law. I a.ssumed if all these big companies come here, it must be pretty like Canada's or any other liberal democracy's," she says. Nobody told her there is no concept of bankruptcy. If you get into debt and you can't pay, you go to prison.

"When we realised that, I sat Daniel down and told him: listen, we need to get out of here. He knew he was guaranteed a pay-off when he resigned, so we said – right, let's take the pay-off, clear the debt, and go." So Daniel resigned – but he was given a lower pay-off than his contract suggested. The debt remained. As soon as you quit your job in Dubai, your employer has to inform your bank. If you have any outstanding debts that aren't covered by your savings, then all your accounts are frozen, and you are forbidden to leave the country.

"Suddenly our cards stopped working. We had nothing. We were thrown out of our apartment." Karen can't speak about what happened next for a long time; she is shaking.

Daniel was arrested and taken away on the day of their eviction. It was six days before she could talk to him. "He told me he was put in a cell with another debtor, a Sri Lankan guy who was only 27, who said he couldn't face the shame to his family. Daniel woke up and the boy had swallowed razor-blades. He banged for help, but nobody came, and the boy died in front of him."

Karen managed to beg from her friends for a few weeks, "but it was so humiliating. I've never lived like this. I worked in the fashion industry. I had my own shops. I've never..." She peters out.

Daniel was sentenced to six months' imprisonment at a trial he couldn't understand. It was in Arabic, and there was no translation. "Now I'm here illegally, too," Karen says I've got no money, nothing. I have to last nine months until he's out, somehow." Looking away, almost paralysed with embarrassment, she asks if I could buy her a meal.

She is not alone. All over the city, there are maxed-out expats sleeping secretly in the sand-dunes or the airport or in their cars.

"The thing you have to understand about Dubai is – nothing is what it seems," Karen says at last. "Nothing. This isn't a city, it's a con-job. They lure you in telling you it's one thing – a modern kind of place – but beneath the surface it's a medieval dictatorship."

Last edited by Hold That; 07-07-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago