Sony: PS4 is the most powerful gaming device ever conceived big PS4 announcements coming at Gamescom

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
114 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
236 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #41
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435 OP
space
space
$10,754 | Props total: 7279 7279
 Soraci7 said:
This idiots saying people should veto the "pricey" price of the light bar featured controller, meanwhile his xbox 1 controller is the same price with no light bar or mic on it

Yet in his demented xbot mind we should be the ones complaining
& no Multi-Touch Touchpad or motion sensors either & they have to buy batteries
 07-05-2013, 04:36 PM         #42
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:

"Look here's a phrase for you that someone I worked for once gave me which is, 'if you do things first you do it for your customer, if you do it second you do it for yourself'. What I'm most pleased with is that we've had an agenda for a long time now and all we've done is stick to our agenda. So it is tremendously rewarding that your agenda appeals to the people we most want to appeal to and that we don't have to change, we just keep focused, we keep going the way we were going for many many months and years now, certainly as we've clarified details we've changed not a thing."

[pic - click to view]

sony not holding anything back
 4 years ago '13        #43
Erma Gerd 275 heat pts275
space
space
$16,405 | Props total: 18202 18202
 Soraci7 said:
This idiots saying people should veto the "pricey" price of the light bar featured controller, meanwhile his xbox 1 controller is the same price with no light bar or mic on it
Who said veto? I said "ask for a variant", which is an option... you, know... that thing that was all good just a week ago. You don't want a controller with move built in? Cool... here's a controller without it for cheaper. I'd hop on that. Instead, you're acting like it's some outrageous suggestion. It's like buying 3D movies and you don't have a 3D TV.
 4 years ago '10        #44
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 Ctrllers said:
Who said veto? I said "ask for a variant", which is an option... you, know... that thing that was all good just a week ago. You don't want a controller with move built in? Cool... here's a controller without it for cheaper. I'd hop on that. Instead, you're acting like it's some outrageous suggestion. It's like buying 3D movies and you don't have a 3D TV.
No it's like buying a 3D TV that can also be watched in 2D

Good thing I'm not buying a one dimensional controller
 07-05-2013, 04:52 PM         #45
Laharl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PS4 fans are some of the funniest people online.
 4 years ago '13        #46
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
No it's like buying a 3D TV that can also be watched in 2D
True! and if you're not interested at all in watching 3D (as folks have said they have no intention of camera-enabled gameplay) why bother buying one? On a forum that's so concerned about bang for your buck, I'm surprised the "Sonly's" are trying to justify wasted cash.
 4 years ago '06        #47
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Ctrllers said:
Because your variant just isn't realistic. So hypothetically they take the light sensor out, what would that shave off maybe $10 at most on the controller? You actually think Sony will release a controller at launch for $49.99 at the beginning of the gen? The current DS3 was $59.99 this entire gen.

That would never happen even IF the controller never came with a Light sensor to begin with. Stop splitting hairs about this miniscule topic and go ask M$ for a "variant" of the XBOX 1 without Kinect for $399 so we all have an actual option worth a damn.
 4 years ago '10        #48
space
space
 Ctrllers said:
True! and if you're not interested at all in watching 3D (as folks have said they have no intention of camera-enabled gameplay) why bother buying one? On a forum that's so concerned about bang for your buck, I'm surprised the "Sonly's" are trying to justify wasted cash.
The thing is that the light bar isn't only for connecting with the camera. So it's pointless removing it because one of its functions you don't feel like using at the time. That's my view on it. The option is still there with an unnoticeable increase in price.

It's also not like removing the bar will lower the price by a significant amount anyway.

Yall just penny pinching (literally)

It's not on the same level as a $100 dollar difference

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 07-05-2013 at 05:05 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #49
space
space
 Soraci7 said:
Because your variant just isn't realistic. So hypothetically they take the light sensor out, what would that shave off maybe $10 at most on the controller?
......that's not a good thing? People are excited that p2p is $10 cheaper on the PS4; it's smart.

Soraci7 said:
You actually think Sony will release a controller at launch for $49.99 at the beginning of the gen? The current DS3 was $59.99 this entire gen.
I think they should release 2 different types of controllers at launch. One meant for the motion camera, and one that isn't. It makes zero sense to pay the same price for a camera-enabled controller if you have zero interest in using the camera. This is sound thinking. Everyone interested in the PS4 (to include me) would love those options. Only a misguided Sonly would balk at my suggestion.
 4 years ago '13        #50
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
The thing is that the light bar isn't only for connecting with the camera. So it's pointless removing it because one of its functions you don't feel like using at the time.
Like what.
. Microsoft is trying to push the Kinect into being something you can’t live without by offering some really cool features, but they are also creating an environment where game developers know for a fact that the Kinect will be there, so they can build games for the hardware and know that there’s an audience for it.

According to IGN, Sony had plans to do the exact same thing with the PlayStation 4. In fact, the built-in LED Move tracker in the DualShock 4 controller is entirely dependant on the camera
The downside to this of course is that far fewer PlayStation 4 games will now make use of motion controls or AR functions, with the LED on the back of the DualShock 4 controller – which is the camera’s primary means of identifying where it is – unlikely to get much practical use.
What's worse, the DualShock 4's integrated LEDs are now good for little more than visual flair. Per Sony, the light-up panels will help indicate the player a.ssociated with each controller and, when supported, react to in-game cues, such as blinking red when a player is low on health. Ultimately, the limited functionality of the LEDs without the aid of the Eye won't impact the player experience or even drastically diminish the overall battery life of the controller, but it's a lingering reminder of Sony's failure to support the tech.
 4 years ago '12        #51
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,070 | Props total: 17351 17351
 Ctrllers said:
then all of you should be asking Sony for a cheaper controller variant, because they're still charging you standard price for sticks jam-packed with hardware you've rendered useless because it's not a must have. Don't want a camera? No sense in paying for an pricey motion enabled controller.
IGN suggested the same thing, I posted the article and they all got mad at me lol.

Its true...that controller is extremely limited without the eye...its been said on damn near every blog, website, and blah blah blah.

I'd definitely like a PS4 system bundled with a regular dualshock 4 for like 379.99 or some sh*t.

I think its hilarious because for some reason all of these people are so defensive when n*ggas are just saying...sh*t its cheap already, lets make it cheaper!

Wouldn't that help if they had an even cheaper alternative!? What would it hurt to have a system 30-50 dollars cheaper for those of us who aren't even interested in motion gaming in the least bit? I plan on using my Kinect a lot next gen simply because its usage in sports games and adventure/action games will be dope...but I really just want my ps4 to be what my ps1/ps2/and ps3 was....So lets get some more options

Is that so bad?

Last edited by OldBusiness; 07-05-2013 at 05:18 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #52
space
space
 OG k!lla said:
IGN suggested the same thing, I posted the article and they all got mad at me lol.

Its true...that controller is extremely limited without the eye...its been said on damn near every blog, website, and blah blah blah.

I'd definitely like a PS4 system bundled with a regular dualshock 4 for like 379.99 or some sh*t.
That would k!ll Microsoft, and these stans know it.
 4 years ago '13        #53
space
space
 Ctrllers said:
I think they should release 2 different types of controllers at launch. One meant for the motion camera, and one that isn't. It makes zero sense to pay the same price for a camera-enabled controller if you have zero interest in using the camera. This is sound thinking. Everyone interested in the PS4 (to include me) would love those options. Only a misguided Sonly would balk at my suggestion.
Are you slow homey? it's just a damn LED light it's cheap & the light is also used to indicate the players like in a multi-player game instead of having player 1 & player 2 on the screen they can just have a player with a blue power bar to match the blue controller & also have flashing red lights when your power is low to let you know you're about to die.
 4 years ago '13        #54
space
space
 OG k!lla said:

I think its hilarious because for some reason all of these people are so defensive when n*ggas are just saying...sh*t its cheap already, lets make it cheaper!

Wouldn't that help if they had an even cheaper alternative!? What would it hurt to have a system 30-50 dollars cheaper for those of us who aren't even interested in motion gaming in the least bit? I plan on using my Kinect a lot next gen simply because its usage in sports games and adventure/action games will be dope...but I really just want my ps4 to be what my ps1/ps2/and ps3 was....So lets get some more options

Is that so bad?

you think you're going to save $20 by removing a LED light?
 4 years ago '12        #55
space
space
 Ctrllers said:
That would k!ll Microsoft, and these stans know it.
Exactly! IMO if they took it a step cheaper it would be a death blow to MS...If a parent could walk into a Walmart this X-mas and buy a PS4 for 349.99....Son....I literally don't see the Xbox One lasting past next fall....and thats being real. That sh*t would be monumental...

Hell IMO the PS4 would be on course to put up PS2 like numbers if they could get it to $350.

sh*t would be amazing.
 4 years ago '10        #56
space
space
^^I knew that stuff already.

Point is that it's not only there for the camera. It's a part of the PS4 experience even without the camera in use. Not only that but you're asking to remove ONE function of the light bar which requires removing the whole light bar am I correct? The price of the controller even with the light bar removed will still be virtually the same because a mini LED is very very cheap. Pennies on the dollar.

It's sad complaining about paying a couple extra pennies that give you a whole 'nother experience with your system
 4 years ago '12        #57
space
space
 CrunchTime CDN said:
Its more than just an LED light if it was needed to sync with Eye to support motion gaming.

lets remove whatever tech was in there to support motion gaming-period-and go forward.

349.99 and that mafu*ka is the only console option for the next 8 years IMO
 4 years ago '12        #58
space
space
 CrunchTime CDN said:
You think the eye really costs a full 59.99 for them to make?
 4 years ago '10        #59
space
space
You really think it costs a full $59.99 to make a controller with no motion controls, no LED lights and no advanced rumble? (XB1 controller)

Really this argument is beyond stupid now.

Arguing about pennies.
 4 years ago '13        #60
space
space
 OG k!lla said:
Its more than just an LED light if it was needed to sync with Eye to support motion gaming.

lets remove whatever tech was in there to support motion gaming-period-and go forward.

349.99 and that mafu*ka is the only console option for the next 8 years IMO
Why would they do something that stupid in this day & age when mobile games are this popular & the motion sensors will enable the PS4 to reap the benefits of being able to play these games as they are intended using the motion sensing & touch controls? & even for big PS4 games they can use the motion sensing in the controllers without the need of the camera & did you not hear about the rumble? the motion sensors help with that being able to feel the weight shift when you lean your controller a certain way & things like that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
47 comments
1 day ago