Is 50 Cent's music career over?

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #21
justinjones 307 heat pts307 OP
space
space
$49,423 | Props total: 6452 6452
 psylence2k said:
I didn't think Em's career was done when he was gone for 4+ years

I dont think Ye's career is done even tho it looks like he might only go gold on this album like 50 did with BISD.

I dont think Dre's career is done because he hasn't put out Detox in 12+ years and has had single after single flop.

It's all about if these people choose to pursue the music or not, 50 would have to release back to back albums that dont even hit gold before we actually start to have this convo.

It's obvious he's not putting out the greatest music in the world right now but the opportunity for him to still take a swing at it is still there.
the difference between all of them and 50 is that 50 been trying to put this thing out for years.

eminem just took a break

dre doesn't want to put to detox that is a given now

kanye going to drop another album in a year or so(WTT2) and is probably going to have one of the top selling rap albums this year even though it did so little first week. only a few are going to sell more

people anticipate them dropping something. they don't do the same with 50 now at least not in the u.s
 4 years ago '04        #22
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 1149 1149
on some straight guessing sh*t..

..the only thing i see 50 doin in the future is releasing singles for radio and appearing on the remix of smash hit rap songs and smash hit R&B songs

i think 50 is comfortable enough in his own skin to realize his albums won't sell anymore (like.. he'll probably only do 50k-100k in his 1st week and eventually fizzle out around 200k)

but if he drops a hot single, he'll still be able to earn a gold- or platinum-selling plaque
 4 years ago '04        #23
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 justinjones said:
the difference between all of them and 50 is that 50 been trying to put this thing out for years.

eminem just took a break

dre doesn't want to put to detox that is a given now

kanye going to drop another album in a year or so(WTT2) and is probably going to have one of the top selling rap albums this year even though it did so little first week. only a few are going to sell more

people anticipate them dropping something. they don't do the same with 50 now at least not in the u.s
Dre hasn't been wanting to put Detox out for years ?? This is news to me, I guess all those singles he leaked to test the waters was just for fun ?? Not to mention he shot two videos for songs as well.

on top of that you already in a way repeated what I said, It's up to 50, it's in HIS hands, he's not in a precarious situation where the label just wont release his album or give him any type of push at all, The only reason the album hasn't come out is because 50 doesn't want to put it out yet. So his destiny is in his own hands, it's not like the industry totally gave up on him.

50 keeps scrapping and re-doing his album because he wants to , he's had enough success at this point to take his time he even said multiple times he wanted to have album cycles more like Dre or Em where he can take 4+ years off and just drop when he feels the music is absolutely right. If any other artist ( Ye, Jay, Em, Dre, etc) did this nobody would say anything.

50's recent music isn't that special to me but it's clear his career is still in his own hands.
 4 years ago '12        #24
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
Been over. Dude has been dropping flopped singles at a historic rate the last few years, SKI been pushed back more then bleeks hairline Nobody cares anymore

Last edited by The Infamous1; 07-07-2013 at 10:09 AM..
 07-07-2013, 10:59 AM         #25
Mwana Ya Lola 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Infamous1 said:
Been over. Dude has been dropping flopped singles at a historic rate the last few years, SKI been pushed back more then bleeks hairline Nobody cares anymore
Damnnn
 4 years ago '06        #26
oflo 
space
space
space
$462 | Props total: 128 128
 Mwana Ya Lola said:
Damnnn
Maybe he'll look how Kanye and Hov just dropped albums and go that route. 50's problem is he always just trying to recreate that buzz like grodt/massacre and he just doesnt want to accept the fact that hell never have that buzz again. just drop the music and let the people hear it. the only chance well have to hearing any music from him
 07-07-2013, 11:22 AM         #27
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 Cent should have always been on the same level of sales as Fabolous but he had all those backing so he stood out.... You can tell now days dude never had that much loyal fanbase to begin with
 4 years ago '06        #28
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,959 | Props total: 13581 13581
 nameless1 said:
I mean:

#2 in Belgium
#14 in Canada
#6 in Ireland
#2 in Scotland
#4 in South Korea
#2 in the UK

good numbers
this is the US tho....who cares about that other stuff.....what is he doing here?
 4 years ago '04        #29
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
He needs to go ahead and switch the style up. If n*ggas hate, then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up.

His sh*t is not appealing anymore.
 4 years ago '12        #30
space
space
 psylence2k said:
Dre hasn't been wanting to put Detox out for years ?? This is news to me, I guess all those singles he leaked to test the waters was just for fun ?? Not to mention he shot two videos for songs as well.

on top of that you already in a way repeated what I said, It's up to 50, it's in HIS hands, he's not in a precarious situation where the label just wont release his album or give him any type of push at all, The only reason the album hasn't come out is because 50 doesn't want to put it out yet. So his destiny is in his own hands, it's not like the industry totally gave up on him.

50 keeps scrapping and re-doing his album because he wants to , he's had enough success at this point to take his time he even said multiple times he wanted to have album cycles more like Dre or Em where he can take 4+ years off and just drop when he feels the music is absolutely right. If any other artist ( Ye, Jay, Em, Dre, etc) did this nobody would say anything.

50's recent music isn't that special to me but it's clear his career is still in his own hands.
50 keeps pushing back the album because he's scared it's going to flop, nothing more Nothing less. It has nothing to do with "taking his time". He's put out multiple singles that have bricked leading to the album getting pushed back again and again because of no buzz. He thought he had his ace in the hole with the my life track featuring Em and Adam Levine. And so did interscope which is why they put the full industry push on it. Debuted it in PRIME time on one of the biggest shows in America, big budget Music video, Layout on the iTunes front page, only for it to debut at 27 and be out of the charts In a matter of 3 weeks.

To compare him with someone like eminem is laughable. If em wanted to drop an album this month he could with ease. He actually has a fanbase, a large percentage of 50's fans at his peak were bandwagoners
 4 years ago '04        #31
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 The Infamous1 said:
50 keeps pushing back the album because he's scared it's going to flop, nothing more Nothing less. It has nothing to do with "taking his time". He's put out multiple singles that have bricked leading to the album getting pushed back again and again because of no buzz. He thought he had his ace in the hole with the my life track featuring Em and Adam Levine. And so did interscope which is why they put the full industry push on it. Debuted it in PRIME time on one of the biggest shows in America, big budget Music video, Layout on the iTunes front page, only for it to debut at 27 and be out of the charts In a matter of 3 weeks.

To compare him with someone like eminem is laughable. If em wanted to drop an album this month he could with ease. He actually has a fanbase, a large percentage of 50's fans at his peak were bandwagoners
it's the same thing

he's taking his time to make music that gets the reaction he wants, he throws a single out to test the waters, if it doesn't blow up to his standards then he just goes back to the drawing board. He's on his own time right now.

Not much different than what Dre has been doing.

he can put an album out if he wants, he still has his opportunity, it's all in his hands.

no matter how you look at it, there's no way you can say his career is definitely over at this moment. Only thing people can do is predict that his next couple albums will flop and he will leave but there's a difference between a prediction and a current reality.

IMO all he really has to do is to stop trying to rehash GRODT, if he went in a new and honest direction he would be good because he knows how to write a hook and solid lyrics , the only problem is that the direction he's choosing is uninspired. Artistically he just needs to make a switch and evolve and he'll be good. I mean someone with an interesting enough personality and career to continuously make headlines as often as a Kanye or Eminem or a Jay-Z with no music out really obviously still has a window of opportunity wide open in front of them.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-07-2013 at 12:31 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #32
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,696 | Props total: 11384 11384
i've said this before and ill say it again. I always looked at 50 as the Ice Cube type. He will always have a presence in hiphop music. His music might not always be as popular, but his loyal fan base will always be there. His other endeavors will keep him relevant. 50 will continue to have his foot in sports and film.

50 Cent isn't going anywhere. In 10 years from now you will be taking your kids to watch a 50 Cent family film, quote me on that one.
 4 years ago '12        #33
space
space
 psylence2k said:
it's the same thing

he's taking his time to make music that gets the reaction he wants, he throws a single out to test the waters, if it doesn't blow up to his standards then he just goes back to the drawing board. He's on his own time right now.

Not much different than what Dre has been doing.

he can put an album out if he wants, he still has his opportunity, it's all in his hands.

no matter how you look at it, there's no way you can say his career is definitely over at this moment. Only thing people can do is predict that his next couple albums will flop and he will leave but there's a difference between a prediction and a current reality.

IMO all he really has to do is to stop trying to rehash GRODT, if he went in a new and honest direction he would be good because he knows how to write a hook and solid lyrics , the only problem is that the direction he's choosing is uninspired. Artistically he just needs to make a switch and evolve and he'll be good. I mean someone with an interesting enough personality and career to continuously make headlines as often as a Kanye or Eminem or a Jay-Z with no music out really obviously still has a window of opportunity wide open in front of them.
And he's not getting the reaction he wants because people don't care about his music anymore. He can Technically drop his album whenever but its going to flop, 50 knows this and that's why he keeps pushing it back.

And Dr dres last single was I need a doctor which peaked at number 4 and sold over 2 million copies(Kush which dropped before did well)50 hasn't had a hit like that in like 5 years, dre coulda dropped detox right then if he wanted to but he chose not too.

As for trying to rehash GRODT, dude has been trying all different types of singles. Street sh*t and Pop sh*t and it hasn't Picked up steam

[video - click to view]

Mind you ^^^^ is a roll out 99% of rappers will NEVER EVER get
 4 years ago '04        #34
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 The Infamous1 said:
And he's not getting the reaction he wants because people don't care about his music anymore. He can Technically drop his album whenever but its going to flop, 50 knows this and that's why he keeps pushing it back.

And Dr dres last single was I need a doctor which peaked at number 4 and sold over 2 million copies(Kush which dropped before did well)50 hasn't had a hit like that in like 5 years, dre coulda dropped detox right then if he wanted to but he chose not too.

As for trying to rehash GRODT, dude has been trying all different types of singles. Street sh*t and Pop sh*t and it hasn't Picked up steam

Mind you ^^^^ is a roll out 99% of rappers will NEVER EVER get

It's not that people dont care to check for him, people just dont want GRODT rehashed. It's obvious by the attention he still garners, the interviews he gets, the A-list shows he still appears on, everyone from ESPN to ABC still wanting interviews with him that the interest in him is still VERY high. Like I said it's just as high as other A-list rappers such as Wayne, Drake, Kanye, Nicki, Em, etc.

The interest is there, the opportunity is there, he's just not going in the right direction artistically, if he did then this next album would blow up very quick because everybody still checks for 50 cent , I mean shyt he still has threads constantly about him on here and people who claim he's over (like you) still come in to read and respond to comments. If there was a thread about someone whose career really is over like a JKwon or a Chingy or something I wouldn't even bother entering the thread to reiterate or repeat that particular sentiment because it's obvious.

That's the reason he keeps pushing it back because he knows he still has a wide open shot, all eyes are still on him when he enters the convo, so he needs the right music.

Dre is in the exact same boat but nobody declares that his career is over. I need a Doctor was an Eminem song, let's be honest, so of course it's gonna chart high. Kush which was your more typical Dre song and only hit 34 which is lower than "My Life" So you really can't say anything about that.

As far as being on the "The Voice" it's not that big, Wayne, Em, Kanye, Jay, Drake, Nicki and a few others could all get that type of promotion for a new single. Let's be serious. Just the fact that Interscope and the Voice would give him that platform repeats what I've already said to you over and over. He has the attention, interest, and buzz still there for him, he just needs to make the right music, simple as that. Let's also ignore the fact that the song features Adam Levine who was a Voice judge so I'm sure that had no influence on the show wanting that performance.

As far as rehashing GRODT I'm talking about the album as a whole not particularly the singles. All he needs to do is stop trying to follow formulaic pop sounds for a single while at the same time trying to make the rest of the album sound like a rehash of GRODT.

I still believe 50 has the artistic talent in him to make something great as well as the interest and attention still there for him when he comes through. So how can his career be over ? He just needs to stop going in the direction that he's going in artistically.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-07-2013 at 01:48 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #35
3nl1ght3ned 10 heat pts10
space
space
$11,954 | Props total: 2396 2396
 nameless1 said:
I mean:

#2 in Belgium
#14 in Canada
#6 in Ireland
#2 in Scotland
#4 in South Korea
#2 in the UK

good numbers
Dead @ this guy posting foreign countries like that sh*t matters..

EDIT: He couldn't even reach top 10 in Canada
 4 years ago '07        #36
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,588 | Props total: 1051 1051
its not looking good for him musically. he's hit a stand still. him and ye started the same year and i think ye got more solo albums then him. 50 should be on his 7th solo album by now but he's at like 4 albums in 10 years.
 4 years ago '09        #37
sgcsnc 1 heat pts
space
space
$356 | Props total: 0 0
The Massacre would be album of the year if released today, he needs to go back to that sh*t. Not mixtape sh*t, Massacre 50 would sell.
 4 years ago '12        #38
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,815 | Props total: 1731 1731
Just about, unfortunately. Not even going to get into music quality-wise. I know Fif has said he doesnt care about sales anymore, but they tried hard to get those hits. Originally, this whole cycle all started with "Outlaw" back in 2011, but I won't count that against him.

For this new cycle, however, he's had 5 singles (3 or 4 "official") with 8 well known artists, including some of the bigger ones like Em, Dre, Kendrick, and Alicia. He also had a couple of tv performances. Simply put, none of the stuff took off. Interscope did a better job so far with this than BISD, but the excitement for the music isnt there anymore.

I agree with what somebody said earlier about 50 still holding the rest of his career in his hands, though. It's all about what he really wants to do, and if he wants to please his fans.
 4 years ago '13        #39
dogblood 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,937 | Props total: 505 505
I dunno seems like a setup.. I remember in an interview he said for him to have the same buzz he had before he would have to become the underdog again.. someone like 50 who has had much success in business doesn't make the decisions he is making without some kind of strategy.

I wouldn't count him out.. when it drops it will likely be refreshing.
 4 years ago '06        #40
Mike in Tampa 20 heat pts20
space
space
$12,932 | Props total: 2449 2449
I liked that one song he did with jeremiah. That was a jam to me. His mixtapes go hard too.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
215 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
58 comments
24 hours ago