most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
120 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-04-2013, 05:11 PM         #21
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr Connoisseur said:
forgot to ask why are glenn beck and paula dean in the preview pic
This. Why are they so happy about Jay Z's album?
 4 years ago '07        #22
Avon_Barksdale 4341 heat pts4341
space
space
$42,446 | Props total: 55896 55896
Futw had my face like
 4 years ago '04        #23
JJH35 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 891 891
knee jerk reactions, to a knee jerk article. circle jerk
 4 years ago '04        #24
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 PTC said:
You don't need multiple listens to feel JT's hook.

I am not missing no damn point. If you gonna excuse every sh*tty opinion that's given due to it being a "knee jerk", then don't make no knee jerk review.

It's that fu*kin simple

Point is, you tryna tell me, if you had to cut down the tracklist, Holy Grail would be second to go?
Agreed. And the 1st 5 tracks are probably the best of the album. OP is a fool for rating the later tracks so high. Beyonce song has high marks? BBC? BBC is Pharrell being lazy ripping the melody he did on Hollaback Girl!
 4 years ago '05        #25
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,266 | Props total: 6362 6362
9.9/10
 4 years ago '04        #26
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,020 | Props total: 1829 1829
read the review of the intro and that pretty much ruined the whole review for me.... the intro sounded real nice to ME... so your review is #Void from havin a bad start... pretty HOT album, and this comin from a guy whos not a big jay Z fan
 4 years ago '10        #27
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
Okay, so ignore my 1st post...I started reading it...to see if maybe there was a point made. But after reading the 1st few sentences...it's still ::

[pic - click to view]

YOUNG!!
 4 years ago '10        #28
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Smoke500; 07-04-2013 at 07:26 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #29
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,213 | Props total: 1083 1083
i dont get why people wont read....
basic fundamental in life....these young folks have got to learn....

not a bad review imo
 4 years ago '05        #30
FreshToDeath 1 heat pts
space
space
$187 | Props total: 1 1
 critiQue said:
9.9/10
Maybe 9.99
 4 years ago '06        #31
NYC-Banga 107 heat pts107
space
space
$13,521 | Props total: 3461 3461
 hiphophorray123 said:
Despite the fact that the Magna Carta was written to limit a king’s powers, Jay-Z and his already-platinum Magna Carta Holy Grail is set to further the kingdom that is Rocafella Records and Hov’s unquestionable position on the throne of hip-hop. With a clever marketing trail thanks to a partnership with Samsung, Jay-Z has effectively a.sserted his dominance in the music industry with the only thing left in question being the quality of the 16-track, 59 minute LP. Continuing the ridiculous digital buzz that Yeezus caused just the other week, these are my knee-jerk reactions to the other most anticipated rap album of 2013.
Keep in mind that this brush-over track-by-track is done after listening to each track just twice.

Holy Grail: Justin Timberlake is given over a minute to croon us into a slow-building drop of clashing peripheral industrial noise and a fairly subtle beat. Jay-Z’s rhymes drive this track but the Nirvana-inspired, Timberlake-sung hook really falls flat. I was really expecting a more exciting introduction, but at least Hov pisses off MC Hammer again. 6/10

Picasso Baby: Hov is not saying much here, using the flow heard on most of Watch the Throne as well as the same standard of showy lyrics. The beat is much better than his performance, though the track improves dramatically 2:30 in, with music recalling his output all the way back on Volume 3. 7/10

Tom Ford: Bound to be one hipster DJ’s will play the hell out of. This bouncy beat has a hand-clapping hook and a serious party-minded flow. Jay is having fun here and it pays off. He needs to make this a single. 7/10

fu*kWithMeYouKnowIGotIt: On paper, this is the worst entry on the album for the simple fact it features Rick Ross, and he takes up the majority of the song with a one-sentence hook and a trashy verse. Fortunately, this beat is tough and Jay-Z picks things up with an excellent verse. It sounds like Mike Will Made It handled production here. 7/10

Oceans: Frank Ocean is given a much more significant role here than he was given on Yeezus and he does his appearance justice over a very dramatic, low-key beat. Jay-Z rips things up here; the album has officially picked up! 10/10

F.U.T.W: “fu*k up this world,” Jay-Z lazily mumbles on the hook, but there’s no slacking in his verses. Whoever produced this deserves a raise. 9/10

Somewhere in America: I dare you not to smile when you hear this beat or these lyrics. “Somewhere in America, Miley is still twerking,” Jay is half clowning around here but spitting with sincere seriousness. 9/10

Crown: A muffled reggae sample reiterating royalty turns into an 808-heavy, southern-infused monster of synths and bouncy bass. Hov switches his flow all throughout, always matching the beat and stretching out his bars. 8/10

Heaven: Finally bringing some church-inspired soul to MCHG, the sample fits in well with the sub-par, key-driven beat. R.E.M is referenced here and their hit ‘Losing My Religion’ is quoted in a far less criminal way than Nirvana was on the opener. Jay-Z gives a fine performance here, but the grating beat lets him down thanks to an ill-advised organ sound. 6.5/10

Versus: Another very interesting production, the vintage sound really impresses before the track cuts off at 0:52. Jay is yet again reminding us that no rapper can touch him. This should have been longer, with Heaven’s duration cut instead. 8/10

Part II (On the Run): Hov’s wifey pops up by dismissing “cliché” ideas of love before a shuffling beat proves to be louder than Hov himself. Beyonce is given a significant role here and is welcome as she actually outshines her husband. 7.5/10

Beach is Better: Another short song, cutting off at just under a minute with a dark aggressive bounce to ensure we are left screaming "WE WANT MORE” when the track abruptly ends. 9/10

BBC: Easily the most eye-catching track on paper. Nas, Timbaland, Beyonce, Swizz Beatz, and Pharrel are all here in small doses. Nas thankfully gives us a verse over a very ‘Change Clothes’-esque production. Jay-Z brings the referencing again as he borrows a flow from Mase to start off his top-notch verse. Beyonce, Swizz Beatz, and Pharrel are barely noticeable here, but Timbaland thankfully doesn’t overplay his hook-singing duties. 8/10

Jay-Z Blue (Daddy Dearest): Biggie is sampled here in a very satisfying fashion over a Spanish guitar and a mutli-layered beat. The soundscape here is beautiful and Jay-Z is showing a relatively modest personality as he talks to his daughter. 9/10

La Familia: Not much wrong with the beat here, it is Hov’s inconsistent performance that holds this track back from being worse than it could have been. 5/10

Nickels & Dimes: There is just right here, no wrong. The sample isn’t overstated, letting Jay-Z twist the artsy beat up with the most adaptive flow in the business and closing MCHG on a very high note. 10/10

Jay-Z isn’t all bravado on his 12th studio LP, and he is always clever with the way he weaves in and out of the carefully-layered production; the first tastes of Magna Carta Holy Grail are worrying, but things get there eventually.
Knee-Jerk Review Score: 8.5 out of 10

man stfu.
 07-04-2013, 08:07 PM         #32
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cd jams i give it a 8.7
 4 years ago '04        #33
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,120 | Props total: 4418 4418
 NAKHI ALLAH said:
i dont get why people wont read....
basic fundamental in life....these young folks have got to learn....

not a bad review imo
Boxden who is this n*gga? LOL IDK

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #34
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,266 | Props total: 6362 6362
 FreshTodeath said:
Maybe 9.99
9.999999 of 10
 4 years ago '04        #35
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,213 | Props total: 1083 1083
 2godflow said:
Boxden who is this n*gga? LOL IDK

[pic - click to view]

im a triple og on this site Sun...thats who i am
 4 years ago '10        #36
kawgre12 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,109 | Props total: 7668 7668
i thought the review was spot on
 4 years ago '04        #37
warbux04 
space
space
$737 | Props total: 182 182
 kawgre12 said:
i thought the review was spot on
me too except i think justin k!lled the hook jay flow was short and flat on that and those 2 min songs should have been full ones and somewhereinamerica is the song that should of featured nas with a extra min added on for a nas ending verse.
 4 years ago '09        #38
MrPrez510 
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 87 87
 hiphophorray123 said:
yeah the production is tight but JT just don't fit and the hook is a.ss.
You're right JT was

Should have been Frank Ocean

Miguel would have done that hook justice too.
 4 years ago '04        #39
gh3tto 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 677 677
holy grail, 7 tom ford 7 then oceans 10 .... op has sh*t taste

what the fu*k is au review .. looks like a bunch of hipster indie rock bullsh*t. No wonder this review is sh*t.

Last edited by gh3tto; 07-05-2013 at 05:50 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #40
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,698 | Props total: 1156 1156
Pretty much my exact thoughts on the album, except fu*k Up The World is a fu*king 100 outta 10.

That is pretty much my summer anthem right THERE.

Part II is noteworthy because this is imo MUCH nicer then what I expected given I thought it'd be 100 layers of rap + r&b cheese. I'd notch this higher then what reviewer gave it & etch it towards 8.5
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy