NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What you think of the album?
5/5 - Classic. 95 22.14%
4/5 199 46.39%
3/5 76 17.72%
2/5 30 6.99%
1/5 8 1.86%
0/5 - Horrible. 21 4.90%
Voters: 429. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '12        #61
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
Brag rap is a lot less appealing the older you get. 3/5 for the dope production but lacklustre content.
 4 years ago '05        #62
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
2/5 only 5 dope cuts, they rest are plain horrible...this is for 16 yr old who don't know no better...smh
 4 years ago '04        #63
jillas31 
space
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 25 25
Only disappointment for me was the Rick Ross feature. Get that fraud off the disc and I'm good.

Side note: If weezy was rapping on these beats and production you youngsters would be callin this the greatest cd ever. Beats are superb. A little repetitive, but superb nonetheless.
 4 years ago '06        #64
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,462 | Props total: 2651 2651
 phase_7 said:
Jay-Z's dark epic. I think the hood is gonna have marinate on this one too cause they always slow. Regardless, just got thru my first spin and my god-these beats ares BEASTLY.
fu*k out of here...
how is the hood slow when everything great comes from it and everybody tries to imitate it
 4 years ago '11        #65
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,395 | Props total: 4461 4461
 Daddy Black said:
After listening to it a few times, this album should get no higher than 3.5/5. His lyrics on this album werent good, mostly recycled rhymes weve heard already and sometimes just plain lazy. The production is really good and its a shame that its all that really holds this album together. If this is what we going to be hearing from Jay-z nowadays, then he needs to hang that mic up. Dude is just tarnishing his rap legacy releasing these subpar albums.
 jpebenito said:

Jay-Z sounds fu*king bored. These beats should've gone to hungrier rappers. 3/5 for the beats.
Both of you are spot on. When Blueprint III came out I started to feel that Jay was losing it but MCHG confirms it. I like the idea of the album...it kinda sounds like the soundtrack to a Louis Vuitton catalog...very abstract and random. Problem is, the lyrics are so subpar for Jay...it's like he doesn't care anymore. There were portions in certain songs where we got classic Jay but they were few and far between.
 4 years ago '07        #66
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,623 | Props total: 3949 3949
3.5/5 to me. sounds like a south east album, his south flow is evident on this album..he also get huge props from me using Pimp C at the beginning of fu*k With Me

Texas sh*t
 4 years ago '07        #67
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
[QUOTE=jillas31;27708652]Only disappointment for me was the Rick Ross feature. Get that fraud off the disc and I'm good.

i hope he drop a remix and put some real South artists on that beat...should of been Bun B and or Big KRIT on that one, i can't stand Officer Rickey no more
 4 years ago '07        #68
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
he also over referenced Beyonce...we get it, you're sprung n*gga..Texas women do that to a n*gga..but i still fu*k wit it tuff
 4 years ago '04        #69
shippy11 
space
space
space
$111 | Props total: 0 0
4/5 solid album
 4 years ago '04        #70
Bossalinie 
space
space
$4,756 | Props total: 41 41
im a huge jay fan but i thought this sh*t was a.ss cheeks on the first listen.. i will give it another play but i feel like i will be skipping lots of tracks in the first 20 seconds
 4 years ago '10        #71
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
Overall I like it.. 3/5.... Good but not great... Ironic

"Holy Grail" - I think a good way to start the album. I think people are over blowing Justin's portion but whatever, overall song is tight.

"Picasso Baby" - Probaby my favorite joint so far, Jay at his bragging best. Reminds me of "So Ghetto" at the beginning and then the beat switch is cool too and then Jay goes off.

"Tom Ford" - meh

"fu*kWithMeYouKnowIGotIt".... Beat is lovely but Ross is horrible.. I hate people who rap "n*gga" with "n*gga" the ultimate sign of rap laziness. Hov's verse and the beat save this song.

"Oceans"...Another favorite

"F.U.T.W" ... Nice

"Somewhere In America" - Another favorite

"Crown" .... Goode idea, poor execution

"Heaven" .... Dopeness but needs Raekwon.

"Versus" ... Interesting

"Part II".. boring

"BBC"... Fun but disappointing

"Jay-Z Blue" ... I like when Jay gets personal and shows some human emotion and saluting Biggie all at the same time. Dope, one of the best 5 on the album.

"La Familia" .... it's ok, kinda sounds like a bite of a Schoolboy Q and a bit of Keef.

"Nickels and Dimes" - Probably the most lyrical joint on here and one of my top 5.
 07-06-2013, 06:18 PM         #72
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ez the Don said:
Brag rap is a lot less appealing the older you get. 3/5 for the dope production but lacklustre content.
This. and brag rap on every track?
 4 years ago '13        #73
AweBit 63 heat pts63
space
space
$1,128 | Props total: 1933 1933
I liked half of it.. i wasnt a fan of the production on most of the cutz though..
 4 years ago '04        #74
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 507 507
As of 2 full spins, 4/5 at the most.
 07-06-2013, 10:12 PM         #75
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingdavid22 said:

Whoever the jackass was that gave this album a 0/5 should stop listening to hip hop all together.

I gave this a 4/5. It wasn't his best work, but I factored in the beats and lyrics compared to today's rappers, and he's still top tier. (Which btw is a HOT DAMN SHAME)

Guarantee if this was some basic level garbage sh*t half you bx n*ggas pussies would be wet.

Album is fire nonetheless.
I just don't get today's hip-hop fans. You call every goddamn album that drops a minimum of 4/5 no matter how bad it is. If its even moderately listenable you give it a 5 out of 5. What is the point of even giving something a numerical score if everything is a near classic in your mind?

Why would you base your score on comparing this to the garbage that makes up mainstream hip-hop today? I gave it a 0/5 because I'm comparing it to his own back catalog. But if you did want to compare it to the utter sh*t that hip-hop is today, than its no more than a 3 out of 5. This had the weakest beats of any Jigga record (unless you like lame wanna be trap sounding beats that have no place being on a record by an emcee from fu*king NYC) The lyrics were brain dead, even by Jay-z fairly weak standard these were his worst. The subject matter was as vacant and shallow as a dried up puddle, easily the most vacuous of any Jigga release. Out of the whole album, I think all of 2 tracks had a theme, the rest were incoherent rambling. Hell I think only about 4 songs even had proper fu*king hooks. If he took longer than a week to record this lazy a.ss album I'd be shocked. This was clearly a quick cash grab. I thought his last solo was him reaching the bottom of the barrel, but this was even sh*ttier and lazier than that. You giving this a 4/5 is ridiculous. Reasonable Doubt was a solid 4/5, you're seriously gonna sit there and tell me this soulless cash grab was as good as that near classic? It's pure comedy to see you act like this had deep and profound lyrics when they were as simplistic and as brain dead as the garbage coming out of the south. You want a 4/5 mic album with deep lyrics, go get Chino XL's last album, bet you didn't even bother listening to that. You're just as bad as these other sheep who lap up this weak garbage the mainstream releases.

I'm a Jay-z fan, not a d!ck rider, as such, this album is an epic fail.

This generation of hip-hop fans are fu*kING LOST.

Last edited by Apostrophe; 07-06-2013 at 10:21 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #76
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,395 | Props total: 4461 4461
 Apostrophe said:
I just don't get today's hip-hop fans. You call every goddamn album that drops a minimum of 4/5 no matter how bad it is. If its even moderately listenable you give it a 5 out of 5. What is the point of even giving something a numerical score if everything is a near classic in your mind?

Why would you base your score on comparing this to the garbage that makes up mainstream hip-hop today? I gave it a 0/5 because I'm comparing it to his own back catalog. But if you did want to compare it to the utter sh*t that hip-hop is today, than its no more than a 3 out of 5. This had the weakest beats of any Jigga record (unless you like lame wanna be trap sounding beats that have no place being on a record by an emcee from fu*king NYC) The lyrics were brain dead, even by Jay-z fairly weak standard these were his worst. The subject matter was as vacant and shallow as a dried up puddle, easily the most vacuous of any Jigga release. Out of the whole album, I think all of 2 tracks had a theme, the rest were incoherent rambling. Hell I think only about 4 songs even had proper fu*king hooks. If he took longer than a week to record this lazy a.ss album I'd be shocked. This was clearly a quick cash grab. I thought his last solo was him reaching the bottom of the barrel, but this was even sh*ttier and lazier than that. You giving this a 4/5 is ridiculous. Reasonable Doubt was a solid 4/5, you're seriously gonna sit there and tell me this soulless cash grab was as good as that near classic? It's pure comedy to see you act like this had deep and profound lyrics when they were as simplistic and as brain dead as the garbage coming out of the south. You want a 4/5 mic album with deep lyrics, go get Chino XL's last album, bet you didn't even bother listening to that. You're just as bad as these other sheep who lap up this weak garbage the mainstream releases.

Spot on response...

07-07-2013, 08:15 AM         #77
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cheesypoof said:
Just finished first listen, so far only 2 lacklustre tracks; heaven and Part II (on the run). Mostly cuz the production was weaker.

This album proves that Jay doesnt need Kanye AT ALL.

aww man thanks for your opinion.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #78
GBREEZE 261 heat pts261
space
space
$12,105 | Props total: 7523 7523
This sh*t light! 1 out of 5......
 4 years ago '10        #79
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$427 | Props total: 121 121
 Apostrophe said:

Real sh*t here....

There was only maybe 2 or 3 tracks where he actually spit 3 verses as apposed to 1-2. To me that's just fu*king lazy. He had a few gems don't get me wrong but overall it wasn't what I was expecting from him.....lyrically. I appreciate the production on the album but I wouldn't expect Jay to go off on these type of beats. I guess he just forgot about Just blaze huh.

Compared to what's being played now he's still top tier. He still has content which is above and beyond what's being said today. He can still compete which like my man said is a damn shame. But.....I wouldn't give this album more than a 3/5 and that's being nice. 2/5 for lyrical content and 4/5 for production so that's where I put it.

I'm a fan of Hov but Jay and Kanye are officially on their decline. Get mad.....
 4 years ago '13        #80
GHova315 62 heat pts62
space
space
$1,875 | Props total: 1159 1159
I have the same feelings about MCHG that I did about BP3..after the 1st listen it's just okay but overtime you see how much better it is than anything else put out around the same time..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
96 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy