Why Microsoft's Xbox One Will Win the Console War : IGN Blog

most viewed right now
 133
Article inside So we gon act like Clipse manager didnt get 32 years for that Whitney?
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 99
Pusha T tweets about “duppy freestyle”
178 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 67
NBA Lebron Son Ask Him How He Keep Hittin Them Clutch Shots 😏
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside Drake Spoke Way Too Soon
113 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #81
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$4,846 | Props total: 294 294
Sony stans getting their daily servings of ether in here. i dont understand where all the blind hatred comes from anyway. some of you act like you LITERALLY caught an Xbox fu*king your mom with its power brick or you walked into your house and saw your girl with the Kinect half way up her cooch

 moe4484 said:
Nope because if anything it would make typing a post harder because you have to pay attention to semantics

[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '06        #82
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,530 | Props total: 191 191
While some of the Kinect technology sounds cool, it's still never going to grab the attention of people who simply want to hold a controller and don't care about voice commands and motion controls. I think that Microsoft just a.ssumes that everyone will finally see the light and embrace it, but that isn't going to happen. At least not with all players.
 5 years ago '04        #83
Ra-da-god 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$12,266 | Props total: 2310 2310
 edouble2k6 said:
it's still never going to grab the attention of people who simply want to hold a controller and don't care about voice commands and motion controls.
but should they cater just to those people do yall truely believe that most of the 77 million 360 owners are hardnosed hardcore gamers that only wanna game one way?

I think controller gaming is>>>>> and I'm still willing to try the kinect if it works and everyone thats tried it said it works so I dont see whats the problem

M$ has already said for game like Halo and etc kinect will be optional they are not trying to replace your controller so why is everyone so mad?
 5 years ago '06        #84
Kingme 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$11,601 | Props total: 9329 9329
 Ra-da-god said:
but should they cater just to those people do yall truely believe that most of the 77 million 360 owners are hardnosed hardcore gamers that only wanna game one way?

I think controller gaming is>>>>> and I'm still willing to try the kinect if it works and everyone thats tried it said it works so I dont see whats the problem

M$ has already said for game like Halo and etc kinect will be optional they are not trying to replace your controller so why is everyone so mad?
They're mad because they are ignorant to the facts. At E3 to describe the use of Kinect in traditional gaming, Microsoft talked about a first person shooter where you had a riot shield in one hand and a gun in the other. You use the controller to do everything you would normally do in a fps and to use the riot shield you simply raise your controller in front of your face. How can anyone hate that.
 5 years ago '04        #85
Ra-da-god 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$12,266 | Props total: 2310 2310
 Kingme said:
They're mad because they are ignorant to the facts. At E3 to describe the use of Kinect in traditional gaming, Microsoft talked about a first person shooter where you had a riot shield in one hand and a gun in the other. You use the controller to do everything you would normally do in a fps and to use the riot shield you simply raise your controller in front of your face. How can anyone hate that.
:ucrazy: buh buh but I can do that with pressing a button all I want is new graphics
 5 years ago '11        #86
DJ EM Double 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$6,964 | Props total: 3581 3581
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
Sony stans getting their daily servings of ether in here. i dont understand where all the blind hatred comes from anyway. some of you act like you LITERALLY caught an Xbox fu*king your mom with its power brick or you walked into your house and saw your girl with the Kinect half way up her cooch




[pic - click to view]

sh*t is straight up embarrassing I almost feel bad for them, true gamers are excited about the potential of both consoles bi*ch made stans are salty as fu*k.

Cracking jokes about the tv features but deep down they wish they could snap fantasy on the side or have a running ticker of scores while they game you have to be retarded to hate on that.
 5 years ago '11        #87
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 DJ EM Double said:
sh*t is straight up embarrassing I almost feel bad for them, true gamers are excited about the potential of both consoles bi*ch made stans are salty as fu*k.

Cracking jokes about the tv features but deep down they wish they could snap fantasy on the side or have a running ticker of scores while they game you have to be retarded to hate on that.
 5 years ago '06        #88
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 DJ EM Double said:
sh*t is straight up embarrassing I almost feel bad for them, true gamers are excited about the potential of both consoles bi*ch made stans are salty as fu*k.

Cracking jokes about the tv features but deep down they wish they could snap fantasy on the side or have a running ticker of scores while they game you have to be retarded to hate on that.

u dudes are way too serious genuinely getting upset and sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #89
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$9,295 | Props total: 3358 3358
Why are people saying that there is so much potential for games with the Kinect? MS didn't implement the Kinect into the Xbox One so devs can have another toy to play with. The devs have had that toy for a long time. Don't give me that excuse about not everyone had a Kinect. The Kinect centric sports/family games were among the best selling on the 360. In saying that, they took a premier franchise in Fable, and turned it into a Kinect game. The game didn't sell sh*t. That is why Devs have not and will continue to not care to make their games Kinect centric. MS forced the Kinect into the One because it is the base for their system. To be able to shift and move into any part of the Xbox One without using anything but your voice and a flick of your fingers.


Last edited by LicensedLegend; 07-03-2013 at 09:52 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #90
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,530 | Props total: 191 191
 Kingme said:
They're mad because they are ignorant to the facts. At E3 to describe the use of Kinect in traditional gaming, Microsoft talked about a first person shooter where you had a riot shield in one hand and a gun in the other. You use the controller to do everything you would normally do in a fps and to use the riot shield you simply raise your controller in front of your face. How can anyone hate that.
I don't think people are "mad", I just think they see it as a gimmick. We've seen gimmicks like these since the birth of consoles for decades now. It's new technology, yes, but the same story over and over again.

I think most people just prefer to sit on their couch with a controller, not "virtually" switching weapons by waving their arms. In my opinion, it might be cool to experience it a few times, but would get old quickly.

Time will tell, not trying to rain on the technology, just don't see it taking off like this is a wave of the future.
 5 years ago '11        #91
DJ EM Double 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$6,964 | Props total: 3581 3581
 Jesszman said:
 coolio said:
u dudes are way too serious genuinely getting upset and sh*t
Look at these two single console fanboys salty and projecting like a mutherfu*ker

Regardless of how you feel about the xbox or ps4 if its a cool feature its a cool feature get the fu*k outta here

:jayhah2:
 5 years ago '06        #92
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,530 | Props total: 191 191
 Mr I 95 said:

[pic - click to view]

That's what I've been trying to say. We've seen all this. Technology might be different, but it's the same story over and over again.

It's like when NES bundled the light gun or the power pad. Yeah, some cool games came out of it, but ultimately people don't need all that.
 5 years ago '11        #93
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$4,846 | Props total: 294 294
 edouble2k6 said:
That's what I've been trying to say. We've seen all this. Technology might be different, but it's the same story over and over again.

It's like when NES bundled the light gun or the power pad. Yeah, some cool games came out of it, but ultimately people don't need all that.
yea, people dont need it but if MS incorporates it into their console then devs can make use of it knowing that everyone with an xbox one has a Kinect.

every time ppl come over my house for a getty, they always ask me if they can play the Kinect. with my family its the same thing. i think not a lot of devs wanted to jump on board out of fear that only a fraction of 360 consumers had a Kinect. now its different. MS is paying more attention to the Kinect and supporting it pretty good from the looks of it so far. im sure Sony can take the Eye to another level if they wanted to.

either way, both consoles will be sitting under my tv at some point. too many good games on both consoles to stick to just one
 5 years ago '06        #94
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 DJ EM Double said:
Look at these two single console fanboys salty and projecting like a mutherfu*ker

Regardless of how you feel about the xbox or ps4 if its a cool feature its a cool feature get the fu*k outta here

:jayhah2:

a smiley cant save ya
 5 years ago '11        #95
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 DJ EM Double said:
Look at these two single console fanboys salty and projecting like a mutherfu*ker

Regardless of how you feel about the xbox or ps4 if its a cool feature its a cool feature get the fu*k outta here

:jayhah2:
I have my laptop and my phone on me all the time, so it's not amazing for me.
 5 years ago '04        #96
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
avatar space
space
$13,178 | Props total: 2926 2926
0 fuks given about all this tv on tv. I just want better graphics and more.. bioshock infinite, heavy rain, walking dead, street f!ghter tyoe games to be produced.
 5 years ago '11        #97
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 SpyDa said:
0 fuks given about all this tv on tv. I just want better graphics and more.. TOMB RAIDER, bioshock infinite, heavy rain, walking dead, street f!ghter tyoe games to be produced.
I see you missed Tomb Raider, so I included it for you.
 5 years ago '11        #98
DJ EM Double 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$6,964 | Props total: 3581 3581
 coolio said:
a smiley cant save ya
Coolio at home unplugging wires and switching inputs on his tv trying to catch up on the scores like

while the rest of us can do both


[video - click to view]


secretly you be like when nobody is looking its ok fam I know it burns your soul slow

Danai talking about laptops and cellphones we off that nicca its 2013

we on some split screen 3000 sh*t



Hating is for bi*ch made suckers buy both and enjoy the future
 5 years ago '04        #99
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 129 129
the one thing i wanna do is sit down and relax when i play a game....can't do that sh*t with Konnect, sh*t got u jumping around in front of ur tv like a dumbass....sorry, but i love holding a controller and chilling when i play a game, i don't wanna be jumping around my room, especially if it's 1am and my sons asleep.

and i saw those 10+ game trailers that somebody posted earlier, and honestly, most of those look wack, and the couple that caught my interest didn't show enough about the game, so i'd still wanna see more before purchasing....

and i don't trust microsoft as it is, being i went through multiple 360's as did everyone i know that owns one.....i only bought one PS3, and that sh*t lasted the whole lifecycle of this generation....

so PS4 has my purchase....and if i decide to get a XboxOne, it's gonna be after i see other friends of mine not returning broken ones, and after i try playing some games on it at their house
 07-03-2013, 11:01 AM         #100
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DUCE said:
yall talking about the Kinect's potential but in reality its just not practical

i dont want to yell at my screen to "cast spells" or "switch weapons".. how retarded would you look doing that? if anything it will make the game harder because you have to pay attention to the game, use 90% of the controls with your hands then do some random sh*t with your voice all spontaneously

they've been trying to do voice commands on everything for the past decade and it hasn't stuck, why do yall think it will now?
by far the dumbest shyt ive read in this section

these little A.D.D. a.ss niccas exposing themselves once again
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 37
FAMILY GUY Ă— "Peter Becomes A Millennial"
48 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 33
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Video inside Compton THUGS starring Kevin Hart & Mike Epps 🤣🤣㊃..
24 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Guaranteed method to overcome laziness
41 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside May 24 - Millennials born in 1980s may never recover from the Great Re..
76 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
I will marry this woman for real.
137 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Jay Z Sued For Misusing RocNation Logo He Does Not Own
16 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 7
Article inside Morgan Freeman on that #MeToo Screen
109 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy