Edge #256: Why PS4 is your next console & how Microsoft blew it! Xbox One’s road to ruin

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #141
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kingme said:
Only problem is k!llzone and Infamous (outside of a game informer cover story before E3 on Infamous) have generated no buzz or awards from people who played it (outside of best playstation game award) and was not quoted as being "biggest" or most "significant" in the original post. As far as the PS4 being more powerful, I have yet to see a game that proves this and there is no proof that I ever will just like last generation with the PS3 and the generation prior with the og xbox. My point was simply that the publisher of the magazine is pandering to fanboys. Look through this thread, someone posted a cover from an older issue from Feb 2006 suggesting that the PS3 might have already won the console war, I'm sure that cover sold massive amounts of issues.

u've barely even seen any games running on the x1..they were all running on PCs
 4 years ago '06        #142
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 coolio said:
u've barely even seen any games running on the x1..they were all running on PCs
If you want to believe that game developers took time out of their schedule to optimize games for higher end pcs that are more powerful than the PS4 when the game isn't even complete yet, then go right ahead. By the way I got bridge for sale that you might be interested in buying.
 4 years ago '06        #143
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
how much i want for it?

i got an extra $100 to spend
 4 years ago '04        #144
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,600 | Props total: 369 369
the funny thing is last gen.. people said the same thing about the ps3 vs the 360. Microsoft console is way better this time, even though I think they should have released 2 versions because I like it the way first announced it. I don't have anything that isn't 100% online even my Blu-ray and tv are connected 100% of the time.
 4 years ago '12        #145
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
 DJ EM Double said:
if it come down to spending money to ride out this next generation Sony isn't built for it
Shhhhh don't say that, Sony are comfortable and doing pretty well, so well they wouldn't need to move more units than the PS3 to stay afloat (over an estimated 77 million)

I love Sony though and wouldn't want them to fold cos sentimentalities won't allow it, but according to BX alone + Sony's finances, PS+ would prob need to nearly double Live users to sustain this console! Console is cheap which is great (I did call the $400-$450) range, and I was off by $0.01 :P, but they need to make money!

Plus I wouldn't trust PSN with my credit card details, wouldn't even trust Live with my details, but at least I'm not watching over my shoulder and wondering about lack of communication when they get hacked! For me TBH was the last straw, few months before that I wanted to buy a PS3, once they got hacked, and the way it was handled?? FOH

For all I knew, my credit card could have been used for an entire week before I even knew Sony need to fu*kin fix their after service hard! No free crap will put me at ease
 4 years ago '08        #146
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17250 17250
This is bold as fu*k
 4 years ago '08        #147
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17250 17250
 Krazie said:
According to posts here and around the internet, "The PS4 is 10 times more powerful than the PS3".

Pretty sure one of the Sony execs said that dumb sh*t.
Ram wise its like 16 times more than ps3 and the GPU is better
I still think Cell CPU is wayyy better than what they have now.

Xbox One vs PS4 its similar but PS4 does edge it out in RAM and Teraflops, that will show eventually But not the first years.
 4 years ago '10        #148
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,734 | Props total: 19634 19634
 The N said:
Ram wise its like 16 times more than ps3 and the GPU is better
I still think Cell CPU is wayyy better than what they have now.

Xbox One vs PS4 its similar but PS4 does edge it out in RAM and Teraflops, that will show eventually But not the first years.
The PS3 couldn't output a single teraflop in raw processing power. Every budget GPU/CPU would k!ll it.

The PS4's GPU alone smashes the PS3 in its entirety. The PS4's CPU is comparable to an Intel Core i3 which is around 2.3 Teraflops. Combined with the 1.8 by the GPU?

4+ teraflops which is anywhere between 6-10x more powerful than the PS3.

Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 07-03-2013 at 07:44 AM..
 4 years ago '10        #149
space
space
@ the poor economists in this thread.
 4 years ago '04        #150
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
the media is going hard but we'll see where its at in a year or so....

in the words of Jason Rubin.....

This is going to be a long duel between Microsoft and Sony, there is alot that can happen over the span of a decade. Right now Ps4 is the favorite but if you think Xbox is out of this thing you are out of your mind
 4 years ago '10        #151
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
the media is going hard but we'll see where its at in a year or so....

in the words of Jason Rubin.....
From an analytical standpoint, he's possibly correct.

However, Microsoft is in trouble with a poor start like this.

Their PR is still horrid. Until there's some signs of change there, Sony's going keep smashing their heads in.

God forbid the PS4 gets an earlier release date.
 4 years ago '04        #152
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Hovi Bryant said:
However, Microsoft is in trouble with a poor start like this.

Their PR is still horrid. Until there's some signs of change there, Sony's going keep smashing their heads in.

God forbid the PS4 gets an earlier release date.
I agree, M$ fu*ked up bad and they are going to pay for it, i see them trailing for atleast the first year or so but I do believe that once people see what these things can do Xbox will catch up, feature wise its just more casual friendly me and my wife wants this thing for two completely different reason and i think thats the selling point M$ just has to figure out how to pitch that
 4 years ago '10        #153
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
I agree, M$ fu*ked up bad and they are going to pay for it, i see them trailing for atleast the first year or so but I do believe that once people see what these things can do Xbox will catch up, feature wise its just more casual friendly me and my wife wants this thing for two completely different reason and i think thats the selling point M$ just has to figure out how to pitch that
Microsoft has alienated the hardcore audience. They have to win these people back.

It's important because they're the loudest consumers even though they're probably not the majority.

It's an uphill battle because I just don't believe they understand the hardcore gamer too much anyway. Price, performance, games, and functionality seems to be at the forefront with Sony and it's resonating with most gamers.

Microsoft should have stuck with their bait and switch tactic with the 360. It was a pure gaming console between 2005-2009. Then the media features crept in.

Now they need to convince the audience why Kinect is required, justify the price given the lower spec, and ultimately push the console as something hardcore gamers would want. It's overly complicated.
 07-03-2013, 08:07 AM         #154
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LAwLB15 said:
Was way more impressed with M$'s E3 showcase so im riding with the X1

will kop a ps4 sometime next year when I see some better games
this.......took me 2 years to finally decide & get a PS3
probably end up being the same way this gen

Last edited by tj.iscool; 07-03-2013 at 05:50 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #155
bkamagnum 
space
space
$1,070 | Props total: 264 264
this aint gonna be a ps4 monopoly but they will undoubtedly win unless Microsoft chill with forcing kinect on everyone
 07-03-2013, 01:26 PM         #156
Contagioso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
xbox stans going hard!!! trying not to take that L in peace
 4 years ago '12        #157
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
Ps4 is a first day cop you already kno do
 4 years ago '08        #158
polorsport23 
space
space
space
$22 | Props total: 0 0
Be smart people. Learn from the last generation. Remember red ring of death, and yellow light of death? These consoles aren't out yet and 100% finalized and people are making judgements on specs and media driven ads. Most likely if you didn't attend E3 you have played NOTHING.

Instead I say capitalize on the ignorance of others. Remember when the PS3 first game out? No, it sold for thousands and was impossible to get around the holidays.

Pre-order a PS4 or two or three and resell them. PS4 clearly has more hype and will most likely be in higher demand and short supply. From the profit you make then make a wise decision based on games that are actually out, and see if there are any issues with these systems.

Silly devotion to any console or system is ridiculous. At the end of the day these are BUSINESS'S. They don't give a fu*k ABOUT YOU or ME. Stop being there marketing tool.
 4 years ago '05        #159
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,908 | Props total: 21065 21065
 polorsport23 said:
Be smart people. Learn from the last generation. Remember red ring of death, and yellow light of death? These consoles aren't out yet and 100% finalized and people are making judgements on specs and media driven ads. Most likely if you didn't attend E3 you have played NOTHING.

Instead I say capitalize on the ignorance of others. Remember when the PS3 first game out? No, it sold for thousands and was impossible to get around the holidays.

Pre-order a PS4 or two or three and resell them. PS4 clearly has more hype and will most likely be in higher demand and short supply. From the profit you make then make a wise decision based on games that are actually out, and see if there are any issues with these systems.

Silly devotion to any console or system is ridiculous. At the end of the day these are BUSINESS'S. They don't give a fu*k ABOUT YOU or ME. Stop being there marketing tool.

Great post, though "thousands" is a bit of an exaggeration for most cases.
 4 years ago '05        #160
bi0 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,596 | Props total: 1153 1153
i don't see how people are still fu*kin with Xbox after damn near half the OG xbox's got the RROD
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
168 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy