Edge #256: Why PS4 is your next console & how Microsoft blew it! Xbox Oneís road to ruin

most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #121
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,873 | Props total: 20882 20882
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:

[pic - click to view]

First good post you've made in here.

4 years ago '10        #122
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8297 8297
 Krazie said:
First good post you've made in here.

3rd good post
 4 years ago '06        #123
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kingme said:
Re-read the original thread and don't forget to use your vowels. It listed several games all of which can be played on the xbox one. You can't say the same about PS4. It's not even a debate.

so titanfall makes the difference between which console is better?

in that case i'll point out that they said "and more" and a.ssume they're referring to the uncharted series, infamous, god of war, gran turismo, last of us sequel (), quantic dream games, k!llzone, etc.

u cant play those on the xbox
 4 years ago '10        #124
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8297 8297
I don't know about yall but the besides Kingdom Hearts, the trailer Sony showed that got me the most hype was The Order. Looked s3xy as fu*k

And very very interesting
 07-02-2013, 07:14 PM         #125
eouia 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I want a purple sword!
 4 years ago '08        #126
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 Dee Grande said:
how is this possible? xbox can play TV, for god's sake
 4 years ago '04        #127
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,605 | Props total: 1773 1773
 CrunchTime CDN said:

[pic - click to view]

We detail how Sony crushed Microsoft at E3 2013 and why PS4 is your next console in the new issue of Edge magazine.

Our extended Hype section takes in the biggest and most significant new games to emerge from this yearís E3, including Metal Gear Solid 5, The Division, Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls II, Final Fantasy XV and many more.

Elsewhere, Goichi Suda tells us what James Bond brings to k!ller Is Dead, PlayJam reveals the game plan behind its GameStick console, we delve into The Making Of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and profile the studio behind Thief and Deus Ex, Eidos Montreal.

Thereís also insight and opinion from our regular columnists Steven Poole, Leigh Alexander, Brian Howe, Tadhg Kelly, Clint Hocking, Randy Smith and James Leach.

[pic - click to view]

Xbots vs. Everybody else. good luck f*ggots.
 4 years ago '06        #128
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,905 | Props total: 7569 7569
 coolio said:
so titanfall makes the difference between which console is better?

in that case i'll point out that they said "and more" and a.ssume they're referring to the uncharted series, infamous, god of war, gran turismo, last of us sequel (), quantic dream games, k!llzone, etc.

u cant play those on the xbox
Only most of the games you mentioned never showed up at E3 so no one can vouch for the quality of those games if they even come out. The PS4s only advantage is the hardware specs on paper which are barely better than the xbox one and its too bad for the PS4 that no one can tell the difference in the games so far. If you want to go feature for feature on each console the xbox one wins, Sony should have included the eye toy because right now the console features Sony is highlighting have been done over 5 years ago on the 360.
 07-02-2013, 09:14 PM         #130
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CrunchTime CDN said:
The most powerful console dominating might be a good thing because the devs could focus on pushing it to it's limits instead of trying to make the game even on both platforms.

just imaging the PS4 taking the market like the PS1 & PS2 devs would flood the PS4 & give the Xbox One the Wii U treatment

4 years ago '11        #131
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,709 | Props total: 3048 3048
 Arson said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

deja vu like a mutherfu*ker
 4 years ago '10        #132
freshprinceoba 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 13 13
 07-02-2013, 10:46 PM         #133
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't believe the talks are like the Xbox1 is just trash. If the price was lower and they never had those policies(which they reversed) this wouldn't be the case. Are "hardcore gamers" letting a few dollars drastically sway their opinion on a gaming system? Seems stupid to me. Not saying Xbox1 is better than PS4, but PS3 was so-called better than Xbox360 and nobody buried MS for having a "weaker" console then.
 4 years ago '11        #134
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 SOCIALITE said:
I can't believe the talks are like the Xbox1 is just trash. If the price was lower and they never had those policies(which they reversed) this wouldn't be the case. Are "hardcore gamers" letting a few dollars drastically sway their opinion on a gaming system? Seems stupid to me. Not saying Xbox1 is better than PS4, but PS3 was so-called better than Xbox360 and nobody buried MS for having a "weaker" console then.
Bad PR will do that.
 4 years ago '05        #135
TitoDaMayne 
space
space
$680 | Props total: 2 2
 CrunchTime CDN said:
That was all in your head son Women Lie Men Lie Numbers Don't!

don't talk to me about gaming I'll mothafu*kin' embarrass you
 4 years ago '05        #136
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
 Jesszman said:
Bad PR will do that.
As do bad financial statements.

I'd rather give more support to the console with a healthier company.
 4 years ago '11        #137
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,709 | Props total: 3048 3048
 Krazie said:
As do bad financial statements.

I'd rather give more support to the console with a healthier company.
if it come down to spending money to ride out this next generation Sony isn't built for it
 4 years ago '06        #138
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kingme said:
Only most of the games you mentioned never showed up at E3 so no one can vouch for the quality of those games if they even come out. The PS4s only advantage is the hardware specs on paper which are barely better than the xbox one and its too bad for the PS4 that no one can tell the difference in the games so far. If you want to go feature for feature on each console the xbox one wins, Sony should have included the eye toy because right now the console features Sony is highlighting have been done over 5 years ago on the 360.

if we're talking only games that showed up at E3, then infamous and k!llzone cant be played on the x1 same sh*t

and alot of people are saying the ps4 is as much as 50% more powerful which is more than just "barely"

and i know ur next point will be to bring up the fact that ps3 was stronger but multiplats still looked the same, but ill just bring up what u already know and say that the ps3 was much harder to program for because of its complex architecture which cause devs to make the games on the 360 and port them over..not the case this time, similar architectures and the ps4 is very easy to program for

also the ps3 being stronger is part of the reason that ps3's exclusives always sh*t on xbox ones, especially in terms of graphics so yes, power does matter
 4 years ago '05        #139
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
 coolio said:
if we're talking only games that showed up at E3, then infamous and k!llzone cant be played on the x1 same sh*t

and alot of people are saying the ps4 is as much as 50% more powerful which is more than just "barely"

and i know ur next point will be to bring up the fact that ps3 was stronger but multiplats still looked the same, but ill just bring up what u already know and say that the ps3 was much harder to program for because of its complex architecture which cause devs to make the games on the 360 and port them over..not the case this time, similar architectures and the ps4 is very easy to program for

also the ps3 being stronger is part of the reason that ps3's exclusives always sh*t on xbox ones, especially in terms of graphics so yes, power does matter
According to posts here and around the internet, "The PS4 is 10 times more powerful than the PS3".

Pretty sure one of the Sony execs said that dumb sh*t.
 4 years ago '06        #140
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,905 | Props total: 7569 7569
 coolio said:

Only problem is k!llzone and Infamous (outside of a game informer cover story before E3 on Infamous) have generated no buzz or awards from people who played it (outside of best playstation game award) and was not quoted as being "biggest" or most "significant" in the original post. As far as the PS4 being more powerful, I have yet to see a game that proves this and there is no proof that I ever will just like last generation with the PS3 and the generation prior with the og xbox. My point was simply that the publisher of the magazine is pandering to fanboys. Look through this thread, someone posted a cover from an older issue from Feb 2006 suggesting that the PS3 might have already won the console war, I'm sure that cover sold massive amounts of issues.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
276 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
131 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
19 hours ago