Edge #256: Why PS4 is your next console & how Microsoft blew it! Xbox One’s road to ruin

most viewed right now
 155
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 96
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 84
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 56
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #61
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kingme said:
Can I do it on the xbox one? After all that's what we're talking about.

ur kinect is a glorified input button
 4 years ago '06        #62
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,917 | Props total: 7614 7614
 Jesszman said:
So your only rebuttal is the ability to do two things at once? My TV already allows me to watch TV and play games at the same time. And with the internet ad some of those other features, you're going to be using SmartGlass...on your phone...which has all of those features.


But does your tv allow you to group Skype while watching tv? Play games while in a group Skype? Watch blu ray movies while in a group Skype? Your Tv allows you to watch blu ray movies while surfing the internet? Get game invites while surfing the internet, playing next gen console games or watching a blu ray movie? All without touching a remote control or getting off your couch? If so, how much did your tv cost and who makes it? The xbox one can do all of that and let you play all of the "biggest and most significant games" including Titanfall for $499.
 4 years ago '06        #63
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,917 | Props total: 7614 7614
 coolio said:
ur kinect is a glorified input button
That's coolio fam, you can think that.
 4 years ago '06        #64
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kingme said:
That's coolio fam, you can think that.

u know what? it doesnt even matter cause this convo's gone offtopic..the main point of argument was the fact that u tried to suggest that they did this to gain money from sony fanboys and attempted to discredit it


its something xbox fanboys always do..whenever an article is posted that praises the ps over the xbox for w/e reason, u guys claim that whoever wrote it is "obviously a sony fanboy" or say anything u can to try and discredit the article


i'd like to steal a comment from somebody on reddit..this is somebody who's clearly very intelligent and gets tons of pus*y:


EDGE has for the most part of the last two decades been about the only gaming magazine worth a read. They've never pulled their punches, and were probably the first magazine to treat gaming as a serious pastime rather than just some stupid thing that kids do. It's also one of the only magazines that industry people actually read and contribute to, for no other reason than to write about games, instead of plugging their own sh*t.
People here suggesting that they've just caved and joined the circlejerk have no fu*king clue about the history of EDGE and the type of editorial style they've always had. They've never gone down the IGN route of giving sh*tty games 9/10 or pandering to games publishers or manufacturers to get ad sales. Added to which it's a UK magazine, so a large proportion of the people in /r/gaming have never read it.

 4 years ago '04        #65
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1103 1103
Wait so we can't compare online systems that haven't come out yet but we're comparing exclusives/games that haven't come out yet? Well how so are we doing that? Based on what came out before it! Some of you guys don't even read the sh*t you post before you post it.
 4 years ago '11        #66
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Kingme said:
But does your tv allow you to group Skype while watching tv? Play games while in a group Skype? Watch blu ray movies while in a group Skype? Your Tv allows you to watch blu ray movies while surfing the internet? Get game invites while surfing the internet, playing next gen console games or watching a blu ray movie? All without touching a remote control or getting off your couch? If so, how much did your tv cost and who makes it? The xbox one can do all of that and let you play all of the "biggest and most significant games" including Titanfall for $499.
 4 years ago '04        #67
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1103 1103
 coolio said:
u know what? it doesnt even matter cause this convo's gone offtopic..the main point of argument was the fact that u tried to suggest that they did this to gain money from sony fanboys and attempted to discredit it


its something xbox fanboys always do..whenever an article is posted that praises the ps over the xbox for w/e reason, u guys claim that whoever wrote it is "obviously a sony fanboy" or say anything u can to try and discredit the article


i'd like to steal a comment from somebody on reddit..this is somebody who's clearly very intelligent and gets tons of pus*y

I don't know if they want that PS fanboy money but they are trying to sell magazines. The cover is provocative and playing off of the internet buzz of how Sony is destroying M$ in the court of public opinion. If they put out a magazine that had X1 on the cover with DRM rulez they wouldn't sell any copies. But if they put one with X1 and said DRM Fail they would. Acting like the cover isn't just to get buzz or to pick up the magazine is a joke! An unbiased magazine cover?
 4 years ago '06        #68
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Tikyle2 said:
I don't know if they want that PS fanboy money but they are trying to sell magazines. The cover is provocative and playing off of the internet buzz of how Sony is destroying M$ in the court of public opinion. If they put out a magazine that had X1 on the cover with DRM rulez they wouldn't sell any copies. But if they put one with X1 and said DRM Fail they would. Acting like the cover isn't just to get buzz or to pick up the magazine is a joke! An unbiased magazine cover?

alright i guess i see what u're saying..i dont know if kingme meant it the same way but i'll agree

the cover is meant to be provocative of course, it doesnt make it any less true tho i know not everybody will agree tho
 4 years ago '06        #69
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,917 | Props total: 7614 7614
 coolio said:
u know what? it doesnt even matter cause this convo's gone offtopic..the main point of argument was the fact that u tried to suggest that they did this to gain money from sony fanboys and attempted to discredit it


its something xbox fanboys always do..whenever an article is posted that praises the ps over the xbox for w/e reason, u guys claim that whoever wrote it is "obviously a sony fanboy" or say anything u can to try and discredit the article


i'd like to steal a comment from somebody on reddit..this is somebody who's clearly very intelligent and gets tons of pus*y:




Proof is in the pudding. I simply said that they are trying to sell magazines based on the fact that the article in the thread implies that the only console that will have the "biggest and most significant games" is the xbox one but the cover says Microsoft blew it. I never said the author was a fanboy, I never read the magazine and did not pretend to. The cover is pandering to playstation fanboys and for all we know the actual article could make an argument for the xbox one; but based on the information provided, that cover suggest they're trying to cash in just like every other magazine. Buy it if you want fam.
 4 years ago '11        #70
mhurricane266 
space
avatar space
space
$2,560 | Props total: 549 549
 Tikyle2 said:
Wait so we can't compare online systems that haven't come out yet but we're comparing exclusives/games that haven't come out yet? Well how so are we doing that? Based on what came out before it! Some of you guys don't even read the sh*t you post before you post it.
E3 just passed so most of these games have been shown and you can take all footage and gameplay you see and form an opinion. It's not a ton but you have actual video on these games. I've seen next to nothing on the next gen structure and even then online is largely about the quality of the service which to my knowledge no one has touched or have been shown so those two things are much different IMO.
 4 years ago '04        #71
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
n*ggas are stupid if they don't think Microsoft has a compelling lineup of exclusives. We haven't even heard about all of them yet and it still looks like a great list. Stop hating just to hate.
 4 years ago '06        #72
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kingme said:
Proof is in the pudding. I simply said that they are trying to sell magazines based on the fact that the article in the thread implies that the only console that will have the "biggest and most significant games" is the xbox one but the cover says Microsoft blew it. I never said the author was a fanboy, I never read the magazine and did not pretend to. The cover is pandering to playstation fanboys and for all we know the actual article could make an argument for the xbox one; but based on the information provided, that cover suggest they're trying to cash in just like every other magazine. Buy it if you want fam.


nowhere does it say that


the x1 isnt even the only place u can play titanfall..u trying way too hard too reach now
 4 years ago '07        #73
link04 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$12,633 | Props total: 3955 3955
 LAwLB15 said:
Was way more impressed with M$'s E3 showcase so im riding with the X1

will kop a ps4 sometime next year when I see some better games
that tv sh*t did it for you huh
 4 years ago '12        #74
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
avatar space
space
$16,311 | Props total: 3994 3994
I really don't see how people are slurping Sony so much. Is it because Sony is the underdog? They haven't shown any games for their system so far, only thing they had going is playing used games on the console.

fu*king upgraded PS3.

I'll be happy with my X1 with all those features and updates and sh*t in the future. Halo >

Only the Japs should be supporting the PS4.
 4 years ago '04        #75
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1103 1103
 mhurricane266 said:
E3 just passed so most of these games have been shown and you can take all footage and gameplay you see and form an opinion. It's not a ton but you have actual video on these games. I've seen next to nothing on the next gen structure and even then online is largely about the quality of the service which to my knowledge no one has touched or have been shown so those two things are much different IMO.
What PS4 gameplay of an exclusive did you see? inFamous Second Son? What else? All this is based off of past performance and future speculation. And I can't see PS + fixing all those network and software issues in a snap while adding all these online services. Even XBox Live had hiccups while adding services to an already great online infrastructure.

Just going off of all the comments and complaints and such it seem Sony die hards are single player experience people for the most part and all M$ die hards are online/shooter heavy die hards.

is it just me?
 4 years ago '06        #76
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Austin Foyt said:
I really don't see how people are slurping Sony so much. Is it because Sony is the underdog? They haven't shown any games for their system so far, only thing they had going is playing used games on the console.

fu*king upgraded PS3.

I'll be happy with my X1 with all those features, and updates and sh*t in the future. Halo >


well in that case the ps4 is an upgraded ps3 and the x1 is an upgraded 360...



ps4 is just much more upgraded
 4 years ago '12        #77
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
avatar space
space
$16,311 | Props total: 3994 3994
 coolio said:
well in that case the ps4 is an upgraded ps3 and the x1 is an upgraded 360...



ps4 is just much more upgraded
that's fine with me because the 360>PS3, i don't see how people argue with this.

Microsoft came out of nowhere and revolutionized the game. I don't even think i would be playing games now if it weren't for them.
 4 years ago '12        #78
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
avatar space
space
$16,311 | Props total: 3994 3994
 Tikyle2 said:
Just going off of all the comments and complaints and such it seem Sony die hards are single player experience people for the most part and all M$ die hards are online/shooter heavy die hards.

is it just me?
If all you play is single player games then that PS4 is for you.
 4 years ago '06        #79
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Austin Foyt said:
that's fine with me because the 360>PS3, i don't see how people argue with this.

Microsoft came out of nowhere and revolutionized the game. I don't even think i would be playing games now if it weren't for them.

xbox wouldnt exist if it werent for playstation


playstation is the reason u still play games today
 4 years ago '11        #80
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
avatar space
space
$10,219 | Props total: 5387 5387
 Austin Foyt said:
Microsoft must didn't break bread with them.


Sounds about right.


The cover looks photoshop'd by a fanboy.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 60
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 58
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 50
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 38
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 38
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy