Edge #256: Why PS4 is your next console & how Microsoft blew it! Xbox One’s road to ruin

most viewed right now
 163
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 113
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 113
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 82
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #21
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435 OP
space
avatar space
space
$10,769 | Props total: 7323 7323
 Hovi Bryant said:
Sega's Master System + Genesis was k!lling the NES and had a head start on the SNES.

Sega tried to prolong the life of the Genesis versus coming up with a new console until it was too late. They were c*cky and stupid.
have you lost your damn mind?



  • Master System 1985 10–13 million
  • Genesis 1988 40 million
  • Saturn 1994 9.5 million
  • Dreamcas 1998 10.6 million


vs

  • Color TV Game 1977 3 million
  • Nintendo Entertainment System 1983 61.91 million
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System 1990 49.10 million
  • Nintendo 64 1996 32.93 million

When was Sega k!lling the NES or SNES? the Genesis didn't take off until Sonic was released in 1991
 4 years ago '10        #22
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,734 | Props total: 19634 19634
 CrunchTime CDN said:
have you lost your damn mind?



  • Master System 1985 10–13 million
  • Genesis 1988 40 million
  • Saturn 1994 9.5 million
  • Dreamcas 1998 10.6 million


vs

  • Color TV Game 1977 3 million
  • Nintendo Entertainment System 1983 61.91 million
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System 1990 49.10 million
  • Nintendo 64 1996 32.93 million

When was Sega k!lling the NES or SNES? the Genesis didn't take off until Sonic was released in 1991

You're looking at totals versus what the numbers actually were during the period. Sega had the early 90's on lock.
 4 years ago '11        #23
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
just came to post this


[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '13        #24
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435 OP
space
avatar space
space
$10,769 | Props total: 7323 7323
 Hovi Bryant said:
You're looking at totals versus what the numbers actually were during the period. Sega had the early 90's on lock.
That was all in your head son Women Lie Men Lie Numbers Don't!

don't talk to me about gaming I'll mothafu*kin' embarrass you
 4 years ago '10        #25
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,734 | Props total: 19634 19634
 Jesszman said:
just came to post this


[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '10        #26
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,734 | Props total: 19634 19634
 CrunchTime CDN said:
That was all in your head son Women Lie Men Lie Numbers Don't!

don't talk to me about gaming I'll mothafu*kin' embarrass you
All in my head? Yeah, sure.

Due to the Genesis' head start, much larger library of games, and lower price point, it was able to secure an estimated 60% of the American 16-bit console market by June 1992.
 4 years ago '13        #27
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435 OP
space
avatar space
space
$10,769 | Props total: 7323 7323
 Hovi Bryant said:
All in my head? Yeah, sure.



Think about that 60% of the American 16-bit console market by June 1992. because the SNES wasn't released until August 1991 lol that should tell you something SNES sold almost the same as the Genesis had sold on the market for about 3 years in just a few months.


Last edited by CrunchTime CDN; 07-02-2013 at 12:15 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #28
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
 Jesszman said:
just came to post this


[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '10        #29
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,734 | Props total: 19634 19634
 CrunchTime CDN said:
Think about that 60% of the American 16-bit console market by June 1992. because the SNES wasn't released until August 1991 lol that should tell you something SNES sold almost the same as the Genesis had sold on the market for about 3 years in just a few months.
Did I not already say this a few posts ago?
 4 years ago '13        #30
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435 OP
space
avatar space
space
$10,769 | Props total: 7323 7323
 Hovi Bryant said:
Did I not already say this a few posts ago?
You said that they was k!lling the NES & getting a head start on the SNES & had the early 90's on lock & that's a damn lie.

at no point was Sega the top dog NES was still selling more than the SMS & SG even before the SNES released so how do you come up with some bullsh*t about Sega having the early 90's on lock?
 4 years ago '10        #31
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,734 | Props total: 19634 19634
 CrunchTime CDN said:
You said that they was k!lling the NES & getting a head start on the SNES & had the early 90's on lock & that's a damn lie.

at no point was Sega the top dog NES was still selling more than the SMS & SG even before the SNES released so how do you come up with some bullsh*t about Sega having the early 90's on lock?
60% of the market isn't k!lling the competition? Okay.

Let it go.
 4 years ago '06        #32
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 LAwLB15 said:
Was way more impressed with M$'s E3 showcase so im riding with the X1

will kop a ps4 sometime next year when I see some better games
Even the editors of the magazine agree with you.

The proof is in the original thread:

Our extended Hype section takes in the biggest and most significant new games to emerge from this year’s E3, including Metal Gear Solid 5, The Division, Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls II, Final Fantasy XV and many more.
All of the "biggest and most significant games" highlighted by the magazine are on the Xbox One. This magazine picked that cover story to get that playstation fanboy money.
 4 years ago '12        #33
BrooklynSwag 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$12,407 | Props total: 3313 3313
Couldn't pay me to buy a PS4.
 4 years ago '13        #34
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435 OP
space
avatar space
space
$10,769 | Props total: 7323 7323
 Hovi Bryant said:
60% of the market isn't k!lling the competition? Okay.

Let it go.
Are you slow or something? Sega worded that to make it look good they said 60% of the 16bit US market by June 1992 when the SNES was the only other 16bit console & it was only on the market for 9 - 10 months vs the Genesis being on the market for almost 3 years & in that 3 years they was still losing to the NES. so hell no it wasn't k!lling it's competition & never had the 90's on lock & Sony came in & kick the sh*t out of both of them in the 2nd half of the 90's.


Last edited by CrunchTime CDN; 07-02-2013 at 12:52 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #35
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,734 | Props total: 19634 19634
 CrunchTime CDN said:
Are you retarded are something? Sega worded that to make it look good they said 60% of the 16bit US market by June 1992 when the SNES was the only other 16bit console & it was only on the market for 9 - 10 months vs the Genesis being on the market for almost 3 years & in that 3 years they was still losing to the NES. so hell no it wasn't k!lling it's competition & never had the 90's on lock & Sony came in & kick the sh*t out of both of them in the 2nd half of the 90's.
Sega didn't word that. It was an article published in 1992 by the press.

Just let it go man. You're missing the point and dragging a dead thread.
 4 years ago '06        #36
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kingme said:
All of the "biggest and most significant games" highlighted by the magazine are on the Xbox One. This magazine picked that cover story to get that playstation fanboy money.

actually they're all multiplat except for titanfall...


even tho it would help ease ur mind, everybody knows edge aint biased, they're just speaking the truth
 4 years ago '13        #37
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435 OP
space
avatar space
space
$10,769 | Props total: 7323 7323
 Hovi Bryant said:
Sega didn't word that. It was an article published in 1992 by the press.

Just let it go man. You're missing the point and dragging a dead thread.

You said they had the early 90's on lock & was k!lling the competition & that never happened.
 4 years ago '06        #38
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 coolio said:
actually they're all multiplat except for titanfall...


everybody knows edge aint biased, they're just speaking the truth
That's the point. If you want to play ALL of the games that this magazine says are the biggest and most significant you need an xbox one.

And I never said they were biased I said they wanted to sell magazine's. Keep drinking the kool aid if you want.
 4 years ago '06        #39
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Kingme said:
That's the point. If you want to play ALL of the games that this magazine says are the biggest and most significant you need an xbox one.

And I never said they were biased I said they wanted to sell magazine's. Keep drinking the kool aid if you want.

if u want to play them on the more powerful and capable system, u need the ps4...and once again, everybody knows that games are never a problem when it comes to sony


y'all just aint used to having exclusives so u guys are overly excited and dont know how to act..we're just used to it


dont need to be drinking the kool aid to pick the the obviously better system u can keep at it tho


Last edited by coolio; 07-02-2013 at 01:08 PM..
 07-02-2013, 01:12 PM         #40
Killa Kwamz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
just came to post this


[pic - click to view]

back then with all that sh*t you would have been considered a god.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 37
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 17
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy