Edge #256: Why PS4 is your next console & how Microsoft blew it! Xbox One’s road to ruin

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
73 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #1
9536 pageviews
167 comments

CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435
space
space
$10,819 | Props total: 7523 7523
Edge #256: Why PS4 is your next console & how Microsoft blew it! Xbox One’s road to ruin

We detail how Sony crushed Microsoft at E3 2013 and why PS4 is your next console in the new issue of Edge magazine.

Our extended Hype section takes in the biggest and most significant new games to emerge from this year’s E3, including Metal Gear Solid 5, The Division, Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls II, Final Fantasy XV and many more.

Elsewhere, Goichi Suda tells us what James Bond brings to k!ller Is Dead, PlayJam reveals the game plan behind its GameStick console, we delve into The Making Of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and profile the studio behind Thief and Deus Ex, Eidos Montreal.

There’s also insight and opinion from our regular columnists Steven Poole, Leigh Alexander, Brian Howe, Tadhg Kelly, Clint Hocking, Randy Smith and James Leach.

visit this link E256: why PS4 is your next console – and the titanic errors on Xbox One's road to ruin | Magazine | Edge Online

167 comments for "Edge #256: Why PS4 is your next console & how Microsoft blew it! Xbox One’s road to ruin"

4 years ago '12        #2
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,311 | Props total: 3995 3995
Microsoft must didn't break bread with them.
 4 years ago '13        #3
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435 OP
space
space
 Austin Foyt said:
Microsoft must didn't break bread with them.
Or PS4 is just kicking Xbox One's a.ss at every turn.
 4 years ago '10        #4
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19637 19637
Yeah... Pretty much haven't seen such a one sided race like this before.

Not when Edge, Eurogamer, IGN, etc are almost clearly pro-Playstation.

sh*t might be cool now, but I'd hate to see another company with a big head down the road.
 4 years ago '06        #5
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,408 | Props total: 961 961
damn trolls
 07-02-2013, 09:20 AM         #6
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Was way more impressed with M$'s E3 showcase so im riding with the X1

will kop a ps4 sometime next year when I see some better games
 4 years ago '13        #7
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:

sh*t might be cool now, but I'd hate to see another company with a big head down the road.
The most powerful console dominating might be a good thing because the devs could focus on pushing it to it's limits instead of trying to make the game even on both platforms.

just imaging the PS4 taking the market like the PS1 & PS2 devs would flood the PS4 & give the Xbox One the Wii U treatment
 07-02-2013, 09:30 AM         #8
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr I 95 said:
you will pre order a ps4 after gamescom
we'll see
 4 years ago '07        #9
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 1137 1137
Hdbeatz is back
 4 years ago '05        #10
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,433 | Props total: 2905 2905
 LAwLB15 said:
Was way more impressed with M$'s E3 showcase so im riding with the X1

will kop a ps4 sometime next year when I see some better games
Yup...Microsofts E3 was way better to me. They stuck with showing only games and it never got boring.
 4 years ago '06        #11
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 4 years ago '04        #12
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Hovi Bryant said:

eh.....Ionnow G in the beginning of this gen I'd say the playing field was pretty much onesided even moreso than this alot of the top franchises of today were first announced to be Playstation exclusive and you pretty much had every game analyst saying the 360 wasn't truely next gen and it gonna go out the way the Dreamcast did compared to playstation.....

The OG Xbox had a even more uphill battle in these regards......

not saying that M$ didn't bring this on themselves because they did all they had to do was initially present the Xbox one as it is now (new policy) and people would have been happy and ready to dive into the future but they were too hasty and not forthcoming enough with their sales pitch....

that being said even the title of this article is a bit in the knee jerk department but I suppose anything is possible in the end money talks bullsh*t walks if the xbox one sells out of all its preorders and continues to deliver on software side they may play catchup for a couple years but they will catch up......

but I agree with what a couple cats said on here If we are just going off of E3 M$ def had a better offering of games....too bad they fu*kede it all over
 4 years ago '08        #13
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
how is this possible? xbox can play TV, for god's sake
 4 years ago '11        #14
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,713 | Props total: 3069 3069
HDBeatz is that you?

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #15
space
space
 CrunchTime CDN said:
The most powerful console dominating might be a good thing because the devs could focus on pushing it to it's limits instead of trying to make the game even on both platforms.

just imaging the PS4 taking the market like the PS1 & PS2 devs would flood the PS4 & give the Xbox One the Wii U treatment
It's good in the short term for those reasons probably.

Long term? Hell no.

It k!lled Sega, rendered Nintendo irrelevant, and Sony almost became a little bit of both until now. Microsoft was resting on their laurels too much this gen. Little to no gaming related info for the previous 3 E3 showings, their pullout for TGS completely...and then the Xbox One.

Companies get too big headed without competition and the consumer ends up losing. Competition is why we get better products. You see Microsoft is offering free games? Sony has a bigger controller with a headphone jack, also a larger emphasis with online gaming?

You see where I'm going with this right?
 4 years ago '10        #16
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:

eh.....Ionnow G in the beginning of this gen I'd say the playing field was pretty much onesided even moreso than this alot of the top franchises of today were first announced to be Playstation exclusive and you pretty much had every game analyst saying the 360 wasn't truely next gen and it gonna go out the way the Dreamcast did compared to playstation.....

The OG Xbox had a even more uphill battle in these regards......

not saying that M$ didn't bring this on themselves because they did all they had to do was initially present the Xbox one as it is now (new policy) and people would have been happy and ready to dive into the future but they were too hasty and not forthcoming enough with their sales pitch....

that being said even the title of this article is a bit in the knee jerk department but I suppose anything is possible in the end money talks bullsh*t walks if the xbox one sells out of all its preorders and continues to deliver on software side they may play catchup for a couple years but they will catch up......

but I agree with what a couple cats said on here If we are just going off of E3 M$ def had a better offering of games....too bad they fu*kede it all over
The 6th generation had a ton of competition from all angles. Sega, Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft were all players at one point. However Sony had backwards compatibility on their side. That's when fanboy wars were pretty exciting.

Things lamed out this gen, and even look more lame next gen.
 4 years ago '13        #17
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
It's good in the short term for those reasons probably.

Long term? Hell no.

It k!lled Sega, rendered Nintendo irrelevant, and Sony almost became a little bit of both until now. Microsoft was resting on their laurels too much this gen. Little to no gaming related info for the previous 3 E3 showings, their pullout for TGS completely...and then the Xbox One.

Companies get too big headed without competition and the consumer ends up losing. Competition is why we get better products. You see Microsoft is offering free games? Sony has a bigger controller with a headphone jack, also a larger emphasis with online gaming?

You see where I'm going with this right?
Sega never had the chance to be a top dog so how did it k!ll Sega? Sega was just in money trouble & Sony fu*ked up their plans twice PS1 k!lled Saturn & PS2 hype k!lled Dreamcast it wasn't because Sega was taking it easy thinking they had it made.
 4 years ago '10        #18
space
space
 CrunchTime CDN said:
Sega never had the chance to be a top dog so how did it k!ll Sega? Sega was just in money trouble & Sony fu*ked up their plans twice PS1 k!lled Saturn & PS2 hype k!lled Dreamcast it wasn't because Sega was taking it easy thinking they had it made.
Sega's Master System + Genesis was k!lling the NES and had a head start on the SNES.

Sega tried to prolong the life of the Genesis versus coming up with a new console until it was too late. They were c*cky and stupid.
 4 years ago '05        #19
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
 Hovi Bryant said:

i feel that but i personally think sony as a company has had way to many L's over the years to ever get big headed

and besides GameTrailers IGN was one of the biggest xbox nut riders in the biz so its surprising how sh*t is
 4 years ago '10        #20
space
space
 The Utmost said:
i feel that but i personally think sony as a company has had way to many L's over the years to ever get big headed

and besides GameTrailers IGN was one of the biggest xbox nut riders in the biz so its surprising how sh*t is
You say that now, but when the competition is struggling like this...man innovation is a hard thing to come by. Even then, is the PS4 that innovative to begin with?

Not saying I asked for innovation, but the PS4 is everything the PS3 should have been. Sony owed that much to us to say the least, and they did just that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy