Have you ever lied on a resume?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #41
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
i've embellished longevity with a position, exactly what it entails, but never have i made up complete bullsh*t like saying ive been a loan originator for 3 years i tip my hat my man
 4 years ago '07        #42
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
If you don't lie, you ain't gonna get a second glance. Well, you don't necessarily have to lie but definitely exaggerate. If you really have NO experience or skills though, yeah you may need to lie a bit. If it's a company you plan to stay at for a long time, then it may not be worth it. If it's a company you're just going to be at for a minute till you find something better than though, who cares.

I remember when I used to work at Domino's and our manager brought in a new a.ssistant manager that claimed he used to be an a.ssistant manager at his "friend's" Domino's but he didn't even know how to fold a f*ckin pizza box. I was asking him questions about basic sh*t and he didn't know either. Dude obviously lied but yet got the position. He didn't last long because the manager eventually realized dude was a fraud but I was surprised at how easily he got in his position by faking it.
 4 years ago '13        #43
Impeccable 208 heat pts208
space
space
$14,805 | Props total: 862 862
If I never lied, my resume would not exist
 4 years ago '07        #44
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16112 16112
actually I have read that its wise to fib a little bit on a resume...but outlandish lying is another story...

If you have knowledge, but no experience...why not lie about your experience

But my companies a55 hired a dude that was mad basick to be the Manager of the center... lol These mutha suckas are not very smart about hiring process.

Mostly they rely on a55 kissing..smh..business is led by a lot of moody unprofessionalism here

But I got my position off the strength of stats... I scored the highest ever on the placement
and had the overall knowledge for my position
 4 years ago '12        #45
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,226 | Props total: 7612 7612
 King856 said:
nobody is gonna hire you, wait til you have been working and then check your sh*t. That defeats the purpose of checking it in the 1st place.

Thats like interviewing someone after you hire them
.... the first background check is fairly basic - maybe criminal history or previous employer. But say you list on your resume that you attended Stanford and HR decides to do a random check (which does happen) - they can fire you on the spot.

Last edited by BlessInTheSky; 08-02-2013 at 12:38 AM..
 4 years ago '06        #46
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,366 | Props total: 4638 4638
I had a homie interview for Bath and Body Works. He does good on interviews because he's personable. He lied and said he had management experience as a manager at a Gap or another Bath and Body Works. They hired him on the spot. He was telling me how he didn't even know how use the damn cash register machine. So when he saw customers about to come up to pay he would make like he had something to do "in the back" to avoid ringing them up. Or would act like he had to take care of something else or straight up ignore them and walk away from the register

So, at the end of the day you gotta close out the register and reconcile all that sh*t. He had no idea how to do it so he'd basically k!ll time till everyone left, lock up the store, and leave. Eventually, one of the employees caught on, but like I said he's a nice dude, so she actually helped this n*gga...covering the cash register for him and helping close out at the end of the day.

Eventually after like two months of this bullsh*t he got fired
 4 years ago '11        #47
virus21 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$443 | Props total: 132 132
Yea I lie. I normally say I did jobs longer than I actually did when it comes to how many years of experience do I have doing something
 4 years ago '08        #48
Foolish 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,742 | Props total: 185 185
Aint lied yet, but that sh*t looking like a good idea. I'm too good for the position i'm in right now anyway and need to get the fck out this bish
 4 years ago '10        #49
Livin Life 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2778 2778
 DominicanLou said:
I had a homie interview for Bath and Body Works. He does good on interviews because he's personable. He lied and said he had management experience as a manager at a Gap or another Bath and Body Works. They hired him on the spot. He was telling me how he didn't even know how use the damn cash register machine. So when he saw customers about to come up to pay he would make like he had something to do "in the back" to avoid ringing them up. Or would act like he had to take care of something else or straight up ignore them and walk away from the register

So, at the end of the day you gotta close out the register and reconcile all that sh*t. He had no idea how to do it so he'd basically k!ll time till everyone left, lock up the store, and leave. Eventually, one of the employees caught on, but like I said he's a nice dude, so she actually helped this n*gga...covering the cash register for him and helping close out at the end of the day.

3 years ago '07        #50
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
 DominicanLou said:

3 years ago '04        #51
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,325 | Props total: 512 512
 DominicanLou said:

So did he apply for another management position since he knew what to do
 3 years ago '06        #52
space
space
 Ace2125 said:
So did he apply for another management position since he knew what to do
nah, not at all. homie briefly worked at a school teaching computer classes to children...but he's one of these weird dudes that aren't computer literate, when he should be for his age. He left that job and is now pursuing acting
 3 years ago '14        #53
relaximapro 3 heat pts
space
space
$174 | Props total: 59 59
 DominicanLou said:
nah, not at all. homie briefly worked at a school teaching computer classes to children...but he's one of these weird dudes that aren't computer literate, when he should be for his age. He left that job and is now pursuing acting
Lmao so this dude gets hired as a manager despite no experience, gets fired, then gets hired to teach kids about computers and he don't know sh*t about computers.

He should probably stick with the acting.
 3 years ago '14        #54
Lxrdvss 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,336 | Props total: 259 259
 Skratch said:
My whole resume is a lie, thats the only way u gonna get a ahead in life, lying
Just to update from my old post, i always lied on my resume about sh*t, skills, extending how long i worked at job, did all this sh*t at the retail level never had a problem, im guessing retail doesnt do real employment checks and etc cause i've never been caught till i got a job working for the state lottery doing IT work, i lied on that about employment duration and positions but i still got the job but it wasnt till about 2 weeks into the job that i already started is when the company did an "investigation" on me and the investigator kept emailing me saying the sh*t on my app/resume doesnt match up with what she got long story short i bs my outta that too i use to work at bestbuy in sales so i wrote i worked at geek squad nsh*t, it came up i worked in sales, i told them i worked at another company for a year when i only worked 1 month and that came up, basically i was like the job i worked in 1 year it was a contract job so i just put the 1 year down and for bestbuy i was like i worked in geek squad alot when they had a lack of ppl, both excuses got me out then i ignored another question they asked me, bi*ch would not leave me alone tho kept on emailing me sh*t about. I think some companies especially govt me jobs really check that sh*t, they got a system that pulls up all your jobs and titles, but retail sh*t not gonna go out they way to spend money on that type of sh*t
ColeWorld gave props

3 years ago '04        #55
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,325 | Props total: 512 512
 DominicanLou said:
 3 years ago '10        #56
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
 Lxrdvss said:
Just to update from my old post, i always lied on my resume about sh*t, skills, extending how long i worked at job, did all this sh*t at the retail level never had a problem, im guessing retail doesnt do real employment checks and etc cause i've never been caught till i got a job working for the state lottery doing IT work, i lied on that about employment duration and positions but i still got the job but it wasnt till about 2 weeks into the job that i already started is when the company did an "investigation" on me and the investigator kept emailing me saying the sh*t on my app/resume doesnt match up with what she got long story short i bs my outta that too i use to work at bestbuy in sales so i wrote i worked at geek squad nsh*t, it came up i worked in sales, i told them i worked at another company for a year when i only worked 1 month and that came up, basically i was like the job i worked in 1 year it was a contract job so i just put the 1 year down and for bestbuy i was like i worked in geek squad alot when they had a lack of ppl, both excuses got me out then i ignored another question they asked me, bi*ch would not leave me alone tho kept on emailing me sh*t about. I think some companies especially govt me jobs really check that sh*t, they got a system that pulls up all your jobs and titles, but retail sh*t not gonna go out they way to spend money on that type of sh*t

You still corporate my n*gga?
 3 years ago '14        #57
Lxrdvss 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,336 | Props total: 259 259
 ColeWorld said:
You still corporate my n*gga?
nah i been unemployed for almost 2 months now, they let me go saying they dissolving the position , i didnt feel wanted anyway or like it, i never did no work. im ready to go back to my old lying ways i cant seem to get nothing at the moment, then all he IT jobs be full time and im still in school,im ready to do what dude did above and lie about manager experience just for some high pay outta retail jobs
ColeWorld gave props

3 years ago '06        #58
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,889 | Props total: 25679 25679
Yup i sure did.
 3 years ago '06        #59
space
space
 relaximapro said:
Lmao so this dude gets hired as a manager despite no experience, gets fired, then gets hired to teach kids about computers and he don't know sh*t about computers.

He should probably stick with the acting.
He has no choice now
that's what he really wants to do anyways, but in the mean time bruh is struggling.

he doesnt have a car nor license so he relies on public transportation. In LA we got this thing called an Access card which basically allows you to ride public transportation free for like 2-3 years before getting renewed but you gotta be either mentally or physically disabled.

my n*gga went in the office with a friend and pretended to be mentally disabled. the way he described it he acted like someone with extreme autism. He was so into character he scared our friend Needless to say, they gave it to him.

He on year 2 I believe, so he can at least get around the city while he figure sh*t out. Last I saw him he was asking if i could help him with rent money. He said he was on some reality show on the game show network and waiting for the check.

i hope he make it one day
 3 years ago '06        #60
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,753 | Props total: 3691 3691
 DominicanLou said:
He must be struggling with that salary.

But good for him that he even got a job.
30k is balling money down south if you got no kids/spousal. Support.

I never lied on my resume. But definitely suggest volunteering or working for you self/family to fill employment gaps.. Even if it's for free.

If you get fired ever use a confidant/lead you are cool with for referrals instead of the hiring manager. Same goes for quitting under messed up circumstances.

It's rough out here so I won't judge anyone. Just excel when you get there. I work with plenty of people that don't know sh*t. It's funny when they get exposed as the succubus / symbiotic they are.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy