most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-02-2013, 11:45 PM         #21
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m3rcy said:
Gonna lie to try n get this warehouse job. fu*k, why do jobs like this require resumes? sh*ts dumb imo. Any advice on what I should put? I have no experience but I'm in shape and I'll work hard. Thinking I'll put I worked at a gym or some sh*t. It says they do background checks. Do they really for past employment?
just say you did work at whatever factories are near you
if they look into it say you were a contractor/temp worker
 4 years ago '10        #22
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,847 | Props total: 20806 20806
 sincerethought said:
I know a dude who lied about graduating high school he drop out in 9th grade and did time for attemp murder and drugs charges and AT&T still hired him to a desk job paying $30,000 a year
 the player said:
just say you did work at whatever factories are near you
if they look into it say you were a contractor/temp worker
I had no clue sh*t like this really worked tho
 07-02-2013, 11:58 PM         #23
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
I had no clue sh*t like this really worked tho
im just guessing
 4 years ago '04        #24
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 Skratch said:
My whole resume is a lie, thats the only way u gonna get a ahead in life, lying
 4 years ago '10        #25
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1616 1616
 4 years ago '07        #26
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,323 | Props total: 1109 1109
How are yall getting away with this sh*t? Everytime I've been hired for a job even back when I had a sh*tty one.. they ALWAYS did a background check, called references everything..
 4 years ago '05        #27
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,675 | Props total: 6426 6426
 m3rcy said:
Gonna lie to try n get this warehouse job. fu*k, why do jobs like this require resumes? sh*ts dumb imo. Any advice on what I should put? I have no experience but I'm in shape and I'll work hard. Thinking I'll put I worked at a gym or some sh*t. It says they do background checks. Do they really for past employment?
say you worked for a family business, then get someone to cover for you

...and have clean urine
 4 years ago '10        #28
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$426 | Props total: 118 118
 BlackRepub85 said:
Loan officer a.ssistant. Helps loan ifficers who do home loans for peiple. After a few mo ths was able to move to another position higher. Loan coordinator and analyst. And just 3 weeks ago move to a better job. What helps in my industry is that there are people whove been in it 10 years and are so imcompetent. It makes it wasy to overtake people and their positions because some people are only there because of senioeity not actual production. The fact that I produce more already puts me on my managers good side.
Unfortunately I have to agree with this here. Being a branch manager and dealing with loan officers, processors and some underwriters can be like pulling teeth without Novocain. Frustrating as sh*t. I make sure I give thank you cards to the good ones or some kind of perk. Gotta love banking
 4 years ago '05        #29
504Monster 
space
space
$741 | Props total: 10 10
 ajymerced said:
who here has lied about extracurricular activities or GPA? How much did you change it?
I would never lie about my GPA because it's too easy to get caught. If the employer asks for a transcript you're fu*ked. If your GPA isn't that high, just leave that sh*t off. As for extracurricular activities, you can probably get away with that as long as you have a good story to back it up. I joined group at school for like a week but I'll be damned if I didn't put it on my resume.
 4 years ago '11        #30
ajymerced  OP
space
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
 504Monster said:
I would never lie about my GPA because it's too easy to get caught. If the employer asks for a transcript you're fu*ked. If your GPA isn't that high, just leave that sh*t off. As for extracurricular activities, you can probably get away with that as long as you have a good story to back it up. I joined group at school for like a week but I'll be damned if I didn't put it on my resume.
But what if the employer never asks for the transcript. I've read that there are many times the employer never asked for a transcript
 4 years ago '12        #31
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,451 | Props total: 3005 3005
I used to be a recruiter, and I had one candidate lie on her resume. She interviewed, knocked it out the park, was hired, then called me up a few days later and admitted she lied about how long she was at her previous job. She wrote down on her resume that she had been there for two years, but the chick had only been there for two months. The company decided to still hire her anyway, but she ended up failing the drug test

As far as lying on your resume, it really depends on what position you're going for. I would advise against it obviously. Also be weary of that because some companies do call your previous jobs to check if you were actually employed there.
 4 years ago '13        #32
Route03X 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$7,234 | Props total: 4300 4300
This thread made me sad,I hate life
 4 years ago '04        #33
jBoRiCuA 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,627 | Props total: 177 177
I have before and gotten away with it & was able to get the job I have now. Once I didn't get away with it though, and it prevented me from getting ANY job at the company which sucks since they're all over the state....

Last edited by jBoRiCuA; 07-31-2013 at 09:03 AM..
 4 years ago '10        #34
THERETURNOFK2Z 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$5,590 | Props total: 6463 6463
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
made my way up to 80k without lying... that lying sh*t may work on some lowly LO a.ssistant sh*t but not when you are put in high responsibility position that requires you to actually have those skills..
 4 years ago '04        #35
jBoRiCuA 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,627 | Props total: 177 177
^ What type of job do you have?
 4 years ago '07        #36
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
 ajymerced said:
damn, he came up! Anyone here lie about their GPA? Like boost it up a lil? Or about extracurricular activities?
Yeah, I boosted my GPA to a 3.4. Only time I've been "caught" is when they emailed me back asking for an official transcript, has never came up in an interview otherwise.

EDIT: And honestly, logically, you prolly should boost your GPA. If it's like mine, nobody that legit cares for GPA would give you a shot and if they care THAT MUCH about grades, they're gonna ask for a transcript before physically meeting you and you wouldn't get hired being honest about it anyway. Most employers just skim your resume in the first place and really go over it when they talk to you, so if you got a degree but no GPA, that's an easy quick red flag to throw your sh*t in the trash.

Last edited by Mr. Moses; 07-22-2013 at 03:01 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #37
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,296 | Props total: 4715 4715
 Mr. Moses said:
Yeah, I boosted my GPA to a 3.4. Only time I've been "caught" is when they emailed me back asking for an official transcript, has never came up in an interview otherwise.

EDIT: And honestly, logically, you prolly should boost your GPA. If it's like mine, nobody that legit cares for GPA would give you a shot and if they care THAT MUCH about grades, they're gonna ask for a transcript before physically meeting you and you wouldn't get hired being honest about it anyway. Most employers just skim your resume in the first place and really go over it when they talk to you, so if you got a degree but no GPA, that's an easy quick red flag to throw your sh*t in the trash.
I've come across both. One was with a small engineering firm asking for my transcript AFTER the physical interview. The other companies, both larger companies, I was asked during the application screening for an unofficial transcript. I tend to find larger companies use GPA as a way of screening through applicants in order to find out who actually gets a physical/phone interview.

If you wanna know another way many companies screen folks out is that companies look often look for people with degrees from schools they target and/or previous experience with specific companies they have good business relationships with.
 4 years ago '12        #38
Tyrantula 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,416 | Props total: 744 744
Any long term impacts of lying? Like getting black listed from certain businesses or something?
 07-22-2013, 08:08 PM         #39
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fake it til you make it...
just make sure you dont have to fake it after you do
 4 years ago '12        #40
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,224 | Props total: 7601 7601
It's all good until you get comfortable at your job and then HR finally decides to check your history. Then not only will you get fired, you probably can't even list them on your resume if you're going to look for another job.

Last edited by BlessInTheSky; 07-22-2013 at 10:07 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy