RIAA Changes 30-Day Gold & Platinum Rule In Light of Jay-Z’s ‘MCHG’ Release

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 years ago '05        #161
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,871 | Props total: 8391 8391
 psylence2k said:
All you're doing is speaking in generalities, you have yet to actually specifically pinpoint what in my specific comparison is fallacious. Two things do not have to be 100% the same for an analogy to work if that analogy is dealing with a specific component that they actually do have in common. Let's take apples and oranges for example since you want to use that expression. You can say Apples and Oranges are similar in the aspect that they both have seeds that can be germinated and grow into trees. If that's the analogy I'm using to show why they're similar it works because it focuses on a similar aspect, but you're here going " Well that's a horrible comparison, it's apples and oranges, they're different in alot of ways" Well no shyt ! They dont have to be 100% the same for my point to work.

You trying to say that this will benefit Samsung greatly is just as "hypothetical" as me thinking it wont make THAT much of a difference. Isn't that what this whole discussion started from ?? Yet I'm the only "hypothetical" guy here ?? Even Hypotheticals can be proven fallacious if you actually know how to competently work a argument based on general logic.

I've noticed in the past discussions I've had with you that you always like make a statement or disagree but then you're never actually able to logically defend it in specific detail. You just like to go " Well that's wrong, because it is, and if you dont understand than you just dont get it". If I resorted to that I would have the luxury of never actually having to prove my point.

You say Samsung didn't do this to sell phones but garner exclusive content ?? Why do you think they want exclusive content ?? to translate into profit by selling hardware. Now I see why you dont want to get into detail because every time you do statements like this happen.

You didn't say Samsung did this to sell phones ?? Then why did you quote marquezdakid and bold and highlight the statement :

and then go on to say :

So what am I missing now ??

and Yes I actually did it make it past middle school , and I actually have college degrees, one in business meaning I've taken classes in marketing, corporate competitive strategy, consumer behavior, business law, accounting, business theory, business communication, micro and macroeconomics, cost management, game theory, and the list goes on. As well as classes in critical thinking, logic, and philosophy, so I feel like I have some idea of what I'm talking about.
only read a couple parts and im sure the rest is irrelevant so i will comment on those.

first is that when it comes to your comparison im only speaking in generalities...really?

StateProperty88 said:
its a bad comparison because you are comparing apples and oranges. a market's way to generate revenue isnt the same as the world we are talking about. it may not be new rules, but they sure are different ones. there are plenty of things tech companies and moible device developers do that is different than a super market because they make money different ways

these companies give out "free bottles of tap water" everyday homie. if you have a smart phone how many of those apps did you pay for? I can stream music on my phone homie, you may be able to do it on yours as well, somebody is paying for that, it isnt us.
excuse my language but thats not a fu*king generality , that is a specific pinpoint as to why your comparison is stupid. you can agree or not agree, but dont be a dumbass and say thats not specific

as for your comment as to why quoted dudes post when referring to you...well you do know what perks are right? you know the word he used in that quote about the album releasing early...you are familiar right?

StateProperty88 said:
which is why i said they wont make much of this particular transaction. but if you are paying attention to the mobile world, music and music streaming doesnt make much money for companies as a matter of fact similar to samsung they normally take a hit, but its a service they still provide and are trying to be at the forefront of...because of the exclusivity. samsung cares more about the exclusive content than actually making a profit because its shown in some cases that one follows the other.

thats why google and apple provide music streaming, which may i add is not profitable for them as well and even why metro pc provides a similar service. they expect the ROI on the back end and for guys like apple and google it has worked for them thus far and this is samsung dipping their toe in the water
perks...exclusivity, you still dont get it? you highlight one word and completely miss the whole point of what he was saying as well as myself

and no, you literally have no idea what you are talking about, but you are type that will continue the back and forth with long winded post filled with BS to prove you do...so go ahead homie and dissert another post, its what you're good at...the content of those post are lacking, but at least we know you can form paragraphs nicely, like and middle school graduate can (congrats on that by the way.)
 4 years ago '05        #162
SquirrelXss 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,928 | Props total: 1380 1380
just tried to sign up for the app....gay a.ss sh*t wants me to have a twitter or facebook. fu*k that.

Ill just get it from untill it hits stores
 07-02-2013, 12:00 PM         #163
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:

[pic - click to view]

Don't nobody stalk that f*ggot... Pointing out someone who hates Jay-Z posts in every Jay-Z thread = Stalking now.

Just say you don't like me yourself instead of co-signing some ridiculously stupid sh*t like that(which is basically what you were sayin).
 4 years ago '04        #164
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 StateProperty88 said:
only read a couple parts and im sure the rest is irrelevant so i will comment on those.

first is that when it comes to your comparison im only speaking in generalities...really?

excuse my language but thats not a fu*king generality , that is a specific pinpoint as to why your comparison is stupid. you can agree or not agree, but dont be a dumbass and say thats not specific

as for your comment as to why quoted dudes post when referring to you...well you do know what perks are right? you know the word he used in that quote about the album releasing early...you are familiar right?

perks...exclusivity, you still dont get it? you highlight one word and completely miss the whole point of what he was saying as well as myself

and no, you literally have no idea what you are talking about, but you are type that will continue the back and forth with long winded post filled with BS to prove you do...so go ahead homie and dissert another post, its what you're good at...the content of those post are lacking, but at least we know you can form paragraphs nicely, like and middle school graduate can (congrats on that by the way.)

Nice Job only replying the points you found a way to somehow still wiggle an argument out of. It's okay though cuz I'm use to this with you by now. So let's just finish off the points that you tried to grab onto.

" a market's way to generate revenue isnt the same as the world we are talking about. "
If you think that's specific than my joke about the middle school education thing might have to be taken seriously. How are they different exactly ?? Why dont you specify that ?? and then from there actually demonstrate how those differences directly negate my analogy. THAT would be specific , not saying " Oh they do business differently, that's all I can say" . Both sell hard products for profit and both will use incentives/freebies/services to attract customers who will hopefully buy products. That's the basic gist of the comparison since you seem to not have noticed. Let me just strip down my analogy to the most basic point possible so the "bigger picture" stops confusing you.

" A company giving away something that alot of people are accustomed to getting for free as an incentive to consider another purchase. "

That's basically the concept that they have in common. You tell me exactly how that statement is inaccurate other than " Man the two companies do business differently, they're just different "

Now let's go on to the next dumb comment
" samsung cares more about the exclusive content than actually making a profit because its shown in some cases that one follows the other. "
I'm sorry I didn't fully recognize the sheer stupidity followed by the contradictory explanation in this statement the first time I read it. Samsung cares more about exclusive content than actually making a profit ?? Are you serious ?? Samsung cares about the profit first and foremost and see the content as a way of getting to the profit. Which you admitted and contradicted in the same statement. Samsung doesn't give a shyt about exclusive content that they're paying to obtain if that shyt isn't flipping a decent profit for them. Why the phuck would a company care about exclusive content they paid millions for besides profit ?? The end profit is the whole point of why they're paying to have the content in the first place. You actually think Samsung has any other reason for wanting to pay millions for the content other than hoping it raises their profit margins some how some way ?? That's the whole reason why they're doing it in the first place.

Right, I have no idea what I'm talking about but I seem to be the only one out of the two of us who seems to be able to use deductive reasoning and specifics other than generalities that you seem to be unable to elaborate on.

Once again you're free to pretend to "not read " the parts that you can't respond to and just finish off by saying " They're different, you dont know what you're talking about ".

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-02-2013 at 12:23 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #165
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 hoopslj said:
Lol, nobody is mad at him for getting money, but when a corporation downloads a million copies and then they wanna call it platinum, ish seems funny. I mean he probably woulda went platinum (at least gold) anyway. Eh, whatever.
You came correct
 4 years ago '09        #166
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,205 | Props total: 19301 19301
 Illstreet said:

Don't nobody stalk that f*ggot... Pointing out someone who hates Jay-Z posts in every Jay-Z thread = Stalking now.

Just say you don't like me yourself instead of co-signing some ridiculously stupid sh*t like that(which is basically what you were sayin).
sh*t is all just jokes to me...it is just the internet

Don't worry if i don't like you i will let you know
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy