RIAA Changes 30-Day Gold & Platinum Rule In Light of Jay-Z’s ‘MCHG’ Release

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
207 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
93 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #141
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,067 | Props total: 38366 38366
 waytoomuch said:
hiphopfactz b spittin real s**t tho. he know wtf he b talkin bout. homie got the knowledge. i fux wit em heavy on here

On the real like i said the idea Hov and Samsung have come up is innovative and further builds on the concept U2 and Beyoncé came up with on their respective deals

I'll give Jay his

However like i said Soundscan don't recognize the sales and have an anti bulk policy, so that there is the stumbling block as far as billboard.

RIAA will still give the album a plat certification as they've changed their 30 day digital policy and also they count bulk sales, regardless if an album has actually sold units.

If you are an already established artist with a brand i.e Drake, Weezy, Kanye, Dre, 50, deals with cooperation's will mean guaranteed revenue back into ur pocket if ur album is not copped by the consumer. In terms of chart success and sales these kinds of sales will not be recognized officially until Soundscan change their policy, however as far as certification handed out by the RIAA bulk digital sales will be recognized before the album even officially drops.

Someone like 50 can now drop an album with a big cooperation behind him, they can bulk cop say 2 mil digital albums priced at $2, in return they get his brand and he gets his 2 plat certification, even if consumers decide not to cop it.

Established Artists FTW

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 07-01-2013 at 07:56 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #142
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 OG k!lla said:
Actually I own a home, a few cars, and my education was paid for before I even started a class off music. See I already have a degree, and im furthering my education so I can make individuals like you sick.

You over here hurt arguing in every thread related to Jay Z, his wife, his family, and his affiliates because you harbor some unknown pain....Did beyonce not sign your brea$t at a concert ma? Tell the truth? You tried to get Bey to throw you one of her sweaty tank tops after she did Single Ladies and she just kept walking off huh?

I seen you in threads dissing their kid....like cmon son....then you used to pretend to be black and they proved you were like a 41 year old white european who sits on the internet all day complaining about everyone eating more than you. What you so mad for? Why don't you get outside and get you some money? What have you accomplished?

Can you show us one accomplishment of yours thats worth even talking about? Cause all you do is sit on boxden and talk down on entertainers who are out here getting it while you login to a website to be mad. I personally also think you're a closet racist who disguises the hatred he has for blacks behind a persona he created for a message board.

You a loser...and you gone continue to be a loser. When you get off your computer your entire world comes to an end and you're forced to live a life of a guy who more than likely can't even land a minimum wage 9-5.

Do me a favor and show us something you've accomplished. Cause until you do, everyone on the forum just looks at you...and this is what we think when you post

" "
 4 years ago '10        #143
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
Thinking back on this though....I don't think the sales should count unless they reach the consumer. In this situation, I think they should count the number of downloads.

But then again, technically, the albums were already sold

Rule changer indeed.
 07-01-2013, 08:14 PM         #144
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know it's bad for HipHopFag when he continues to post and completely ignores the post that completely dismantled his sad fukking existence...

Like even he knows, damn, I just took a major L there, better ignore it and shift the focus.
 4 years ago '04        #145
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 StateProperty88 said:
its a bad comparison because you are comparing apples and oranges. a market's way to generate revenue isnt the same as the world we are talking about. it may not be new rules, but they sure are different ones. there are plenty of things tech companies and moible device developers do that is different than a super market because they make money different ways

these companies give out "free bottles of tap water" everyday homie. if you have a smart phone how many of those apps did you pay for? I can stream music on my phone homie, you may be able to do it on yours as well, somebody is paying for that, it isnt us.
Nobody is saying EVERYTHING about a market matches EVERYTHING about a tech company. You don't need two thing that are EXACTLY the same in order for an analogy to work , it's all about the focal point of the comparison.

You basically just told me " markets and tech companies have differences" well of course they do , I'm not comparing them as wholes, I'm comparing this particular hypothetical business model to this similar particular promotion. First you tried to point out that Samsung did this so they could possibly move more phones, then you tell me markets and tech companies have differences, you're saying things that are evident and obvious to anyone who made it past middle school.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-01-2013 at 08:53 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #146
SM 38173 heat pts38173
space
space
$127,936 | Props total: 67340 67340
who let this f*g post here again?
 4 years ago '06        #147
frequent23 
space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 82 82
 4 years ago '07        #148
mastermind_AD 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,682 | Props total: 448 448

I don't give a fu*k
if I sold one or one million, but I think you should
Cause if I only sold one, then out comes the hood
All black in the club, the outcome ain't good
 07-01-2013, 10:35 PM         #149
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mastermind_AD said:

I don't give a fu*k
if I sold one or one million, but I think you should
Cause if I only sold one, then out comes the hood
All black in the club, the outcome ain't good
Them ni**as act like Wolves, How come they could?
 07-01-2013, 10:41 PM         #150
Minister  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can't even say nas lost

jay z is
 4 years ago '12        #151
Theboybreblue 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,387 | Props total: 3444 3444
This all comes down to something I've known to be true for a a while now, he's just that damn good.
 4 years ago '12        #152
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,121 | Props total: 15688 15688
He's just different

#NewRules

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #153
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 psylence2k said:
Nobody is saying EVERYTHING about a market matches EVERYTHING about a tech company. You don't need two thing that are EXACTLY the same in order for an analogy to work , it's all about the focal point of the comparison.

You basically just told me " markets and tech companies have differences" well of course they do , I'm not comparing them as wholes, I'm comparing this particular hypothetical business model to this similar particular promotion. First you tried to point out that Samsung did this so they could possibly move more phones, then you tell me markets and tech companies have differences, you're saying things that are evident and obvious to anyone who made it past middle school.
No...I was telling you why your comparison is a bad one, and it is. you aren't comparing things that have differences, you are COMPARING 2 DIFFERENT THINGS. i didnt basically tell you anything, i literally told you that you are trying to compare apples and oranges. You love using hypotecicals because you don't need to actually prove anything. You create a made up scenario and think it backs your claim when you have no tangible evidence of really anything you are saying, or do you? because I would love to see it

And the funny thing about this post (or should I say one of) is I didn't say Samsung did this to sell phones I said they did it to garner exclusive content. Have you made it past middle school? Because this whole situation seems something you really don't understand

Last edited by StateProperty88; 07-02-2013 at 07:15 AM..
 07-02-2013, 01:52 AM         #154
Niruggg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bw5011 said:
well I hope he does well so he can tell yall how much money he got and how you cant afford the socks he puts on his childs feet... me I will be downloading it, actually it will not even get a download.. Jay Z been garbage since the Black Album.. he should have retired for real.. but he came back and stuck wearing 45 for the Bullets or whatever that team was...
U SOUND FAMILIAR?
4:10

[video - click to view]

is that u
 4 years ago '13        #155
theon3 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,779 | Props total: 508 508
smh...
 4 years ago '09        #156
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,238 | Props total: 19344 19344
 psylence2k said:
For all of those in here who don't know yet, this is arguably one my most tenacious stalkers on BX.

I dont mention, acknowledge, or initiate any type of interaction with this sad delusional creature but he constantly follows me in threads. I'm his second obsession next to Jay-Z. The second I post in something Jay-Z related he is sure to follow, no matter how bad he tries to make me out to be for hating on his idol he still hasn't grasped the idea that being on my nuts thread after thread by default makes him look wacker than whatever he says I am.

Pretty pathetic huh ?? If you would like be of a.ssistance to him, please PM him and let him know e-stalking is not a good look.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '09        #157
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,238 | Props total: 19344 19344
 OG k!lla said:
Actually I own a home, a few cars, and my education was paid for before I even started a class off music. See I already have a degree, and im furthering my education so I can make individuals like you sick.

You over here hurt arguing in every thread related to Jay Z, his wife, his family, and his affiliates because you harbor some unknown pain....Did beyonce not sign your brea$t at a concert ma? Tell the truth? You tried to get Bey to throw you one of her sweaty tank tops after she did Single Ladies and she just kept walking off huh?

I seen you in threads dissing their kid....like cmon son....then you used to pretend to be black and they proved you were like a 41 year old white european who sits on the internet all day complaining about everyone eating more than you. What you so mad for? Why don't you get outside and get you some money? What have you accomplished?

Can you show us one accomplishment of yours thats worth even talking about? Cause all you do is sit on boxden and talk down on entertainers who are out here getting it while you login to a website to be mad. I personally also think you're a closet racist who disguises the hatred he has for blacks behind a persona he created for a message board.

You a loser...and you gone continue to be a loser. When you get off your computer your entire world comes to an end and you're forced to live a life of a guy who more than likely can't even land a minimum wage 9-5.

Do me a favor and show us something you've accomplished. Cause until you do, everyone on the forum just looks at you...and this is what we think when you post

" "

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #158
mastermind_AD 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,682 | Props total: 448 448
 OG k!lla said:

" "
Damn y u do him like that

You good sir will be receiving props......powerful post
 4 years ago '05        #159
D-ROCK 14 heat pts14
space
space
$533 | Props total: 26 26
Billboard said it's not legal to buy in bulk, we all know record label buy artist albums, if they got caught buying this many albums, there would be some consequences and repercussions...long story short, it's not fair but people would only complain because platinum is very hard to achieve these days...artists like T.I., Kanye struggling to go gold, platinum, it changes the game...at the same time, if the label, copyright owners, writers, composers get paid, then it counts to them and that's all they care about I'm sure
 4 years ago '04        #160
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 StateProperty88 said:
No...I was telling you why your comparison is a bad one, and it is. you aren't comparing things that have differences, you are COMPARING 2 DIFFERENT THINGS. i didnt basically tell you anything, i literally told you that you are trying to compare apples and oranges. You love using hypotecicals because you don't need to actually prove anything. You create a made up scenario and think it backs your claim when you have no tangible evidence of really anything you are saying, or do you? because I would love to see it

And the funny thing about this post (or should I say one of) is I didn't say Samsung did this to sell phones I said they did it to garner exclusive content. Have you made it past middle school? Because this whole situation seems something you really don't understand

All you're doing is speaking in generalities, you have yet to actually specifically pinpoint what in my specific comparison is fallacious. Two things do not have to be 100% the same for an analogy to work if that analogy is dealing with a specific component that they actually do have in common. Let's take apples and oranges for example since you want to use that expression. You can say Apples and Oranges are similar in the aspect that they both have seeds that can be germinated and grow into trees. If that's the analogy I'm using to show why they're similar it works because it focuses on a similar aspect, but you're here going " Well that's a horrible comparison, it's apples and oranges, they're different in alot of ways" Well no shyt ! They dont have to be 100% the same for my point to work.

You trying to say that this will benefit Samsung greatly is just as "hypothetical" as me thinking it wont make THAT much of a difference. Isn't that what this whole discussion started from ?? Yet I'm the only "hypothetical" guy here ?? Even Hypotheticals can be proven fallacious if you actually know how to competently work a argument based on general logic.

I've noticed in the past discussions I've had with you that you always like make a statement or disagree but then you're never actually able to logically defend it in specific detail. You just like to go " Well that's wrong, because it is, and if you dont understand than you just dont get it". If I resorted to that I would have the luxury of never actually having to prove my point.

You say Samsung didn't do this to sell phones but garner exclusive content ?? Why do you think they want exclusive content ?? to translate into profit by selling hardware. Now I see why you dont want to get into detail because every time you do statements like this happen.

You didn't say Samsung did this to sell phones ?? Then why did you quote marquezdakid and bold and highlight the statement :
" and the next time you get a phone you might switch to Samsung cause of perks like getting MCHG early "
and then go on to say :

this is what guys like psylence are completely missing.
So what am I missing now ??

and Yes I actually did it make it past middle school , and I actually have college degrees, one in business meaning I've taken classes in marketing, corporate competitive strategy, consumer behavior, business law, accounting, business theory, business communication, micro and macroeconomics, cost management, game theory, and the list goes on. As well as classes in critical thinking, logic, and philosophy, so I feel like I have some idea of what I'm talking about.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
63 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
184 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
58 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
47 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago