RIAA Changes 30-Day Gold & Platinum Rule In Light of Jay-Z’s ‘MCHG’ Release

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
234 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
248 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '12        #101
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,054 | Props total: 17295 17295
 The Bully said:
I cant wait to see Adele numbers when she signs an Iphone deal

Or what if Sprite decides to buy 2 million copies of Drakes new album and give out golden ticket digital codes in select bottles?

Maybe Dre Beats or PS4 buys 3 million copies of Kendricks next release and gives them away with all new purchases?

Better yet, what if McDonalds gets behind Taylor Swift next time? MJ's Thriller's standing might actually be in jeopordy

I guess this is the steroid era of pop music

all album sales from now until the end of time will have a*
And all of that will be possible because this n*gga rewrote the rules and created a new avenue/revenue stream for artist to eat off of. They aren't spending money on urban music like that anymore, they just aren't...don't you people get that the fact he got a 20 million dollar check when a lot of mainstream music executives are pulling money AWAY from urban music a big thing?

A year ago I sat at a conference and watched execs from Def Jam, Interscope, and Atlantic say the money in urban music is disappearing at an alarming rate....and this guy brokers a deal a year later where a major corporation cuts a check for 20 million before a products even completed.

This is a win...just accept it
 4 years ago '10        #102
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,168 | Props total: 8206 8206
#newrules

Is there anything that Jay-Z wont accomplish before its all said and done. This n*gga no longer Mike Jordan of Rap, he's Bill Russell
 4 years ago '07        #103
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 OG k!lla said:
I been doing music for 13 years now...been involved with and doing business with artists on a major level for about 4 and a half....this is the first time I have ever seen someone say the RIAA doesn't matter.

Sorry bro. n*ggas bleed for those plaques and they bleed to earn them. The RIAA ain't giving away charity plaques cause they aren't 'giving them out like they used to'...sh*t the fact that not everyone can even reach that level makes RIAA certs even more distinguished.

Like I said I am a Jay critic....but at some point you gotta stop hating/being a critic and just admit the man won.

Once again every artist would beg to be in this position. Every exec would k!ll for their artist to be in this position....stop lying to yourselves

n*ggas hate with every ounce of their might

sh*ts really disgusting
 4 years ago '10        #104
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
Lol, nobody is mad at him for getting money, but when a corporation downloads a million copies and then they wanna call it platinum, ish seems funny. I mean he probably woulda went platinum (at least gold) anyway. Eh, whatever.
 4 years ago '12        #105
space
space
 Root Of Evil said:

n*ggas hate with every ounce of their might

sh*ts really disgusting
Said it once and i'll say it 10x over. I just can't hate on the next black man getting money and beating these suits at their game.

Was a day when they didn't even want us to p!ss in the same toilet as them...Now they paying us 20 million before we even put a product on the shelf

I can't hate on that, im sorry. I completely detest Rick Ross...but if he did this same thing I'd be in this thread saying the same sh*t

Hell find the thread where they announced his Reebok deal, I know for a fact I was in that thread giving him props when everyone else made 'officer ross' jokes.
 4 years ago '13        #106
BC is that Guy 
space
space
space
$3,108 | Props total: 110 110
I think a lot of you guys are missing the point. The RIAA rule change has nothing to do with money or revenue or how much Jay makes off of the album. That deal was ALREADY made. Samsung paid Jayz weeks ago and we're just finding out about it. The rule change literally only has to do with "Platinum Certification" which is 100% arbitrary and only known about because of rappers bragging about it for the past couple of decades. Let the man have his Trophy...... he deserves it
 4 years ago '13        #107
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,071 | Props total: 38413 38413
 OG k!lla said:
I been doing music for 13 years now...been involved with and doing business with artists on a major level for about 4 and a half....this is the first time I have ever seen someone say the RIAA doesn't matter.

Sorry bro. n*ggas bleed for those plaques and they bleed to earn them. The RIAA ain't giving away charity plaques cause they aren't 'giving them out like they used to'...sh*t the fact that not everyone can even reach that level makes RIAA certs even more distinguished.

Like I said I am a Jay critic....but at some point you gotta stop hating/being a critic and just admit the man won.

Once again every artist would beg to be in this position. Every exec would k!ll for their artist to be in this position....stop lying to yourselves
Nobody said Riaa just give out plaques, you gotta pay a small fee upfront to get ur numbers audited

The billboards and soundscan dont recogonize bulk sales purchased by large companies as it falls under sale munipulation. So my point still stands unless soundscan change the rules nothing changes on the billboards.
B
Having a plaque is one thing but having the sales counted and reflected on the charts is another. The big dogs are saying no as of now

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 07-01-2013 at 05:13 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #108
shellz386 43 heat pts43
space
space
$5,997 | Props total: 4638 4638
#NewRules
 4 years ago '06        #109
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,127 | Props total: 4717 4717
samsung fucced up cause this app is available to existing sammy phones(s3/4/note 2) as well as the apk being online now.

Sammy should of had some type of way to monitor the 1st 1million new Sammy phones sold, issued a code for those new phones then those new phone owners would of got the app.

that way they would of got cash back already from the deal
 4 years ago '10        #110
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
n*ggas is so hurt

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

07-01-2013, 05:14 PM         #111
Throbbin' Thicke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Nobody said Riaa just give out plaques, you gotta pay a small fee upfront to get ur numbers audited

The billboards and soundscan dont recogonize bulk sales purchased by large companies as it falls under sale munipulation. So my point still stands unless soundscan change the rules nothing changes on the billboards.
B
Having a plaque is one thing but having the sales counted and reflected on the charts is another. The big dogs are saying no as of now
#NewRules

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '12        #112
space
space
 HipHopFactz said:
Riaa don't they just hand out plaques after you pay them
Yeah but you in here wording sh*t like you can get a plaque for paying the cert fee. The cert fee is 350 dollars, if they were just 'handing out' plaques for anyone who could pay 350 dollars then 99.5% of boxden would have a garage full of plaques by now

Keith Clark would be hood platinum-Keith Clark

Heres a little knowledge for you young man:

We are often asked why we don’t just use sales figures from SoundScan. SoundScan measures over-the-counter sales at music retail locations, while the RIAA®'s certification levels are based on unit shipments (minus returns) from manufacturers to a wide range of accounts, including non-retail record clubs, mail order houses, specialty stores, units shipped for Internet fulfillment or direct marketing sales, such as TV-advertised albums. Another difference is that SoundScan's archive only begins in 1991, while the RIAA has tracked artists' sales levels for 55 years.
 4 years ago '05        #113
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 psylence2k said:
How is it horrible comparison ?? As a member of the young demographic your incentive to try to get me to buy your product is something that I'm accustomed to getting for free anyway ??
its a bad comparison because you are comparing apples and oranges. a market's way to generate revenue isnt the same as the world we are talking about. it may not be new rules, but they sure are different ones. there are plenty of things tech companies and moible device developers do that is different than a super market because they make money different ways

these companies give out "free bottles of tap water" everyday homie. if you have a smart phone how many of those apps did you pay for? I can stream music on my phone homie, you may be able to do it on yours as well, somebody is paying for that, it isnt us.
 4 years ago '04        #114
toonice12 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 1130 1130
Wow... Now everybody will be getting fu*kin sponsored by some big company to go platinum with ease now.

Last edited by toonice12; 07-01-2013 at 05:38 PM..
 07-01-2013, 05:46 PM         #115
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:

[pic - click to view]

This one gettin used on the regular for these haters now.
 4 years ago '13        #116
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,071 | Props total: 38413 38413
 OG k!lla said:
Yeah but you in here wording sh*t like you can get a plaque for paying the cert fee. The cert fee is 350 dollars, if they were just 'handing out' plaques for anyone who could pay 350 dollars then 99.5% of boxden would have a garage full of plaques by now

Keith Clark would be hood platinum-Keith Clark

Heres a little knowledge for you young man:

Like I said in my post above RIAA do an audit for a small fee, and if they deem you to have moved say a million records they will hand you a plaque. You over here talking about garage sales and all types of dumb sh*t.

Fact still remains soundscan will not count the sales until the rules are changed, it won't be reflected on the charts. i can see why soundscan are reluctant to not want to change their policy as far as bulk purchases as it could just make record sales redundant and worthless.

Sales aside this is another new form of marketing. If you look at Beyoncé's deal with Pepsi, they paid her a upfront fee to perform at the Super Bowl, the deal also included them paying for her to record her upcoming album. Jayz deal is similar however instead of them paying for him to record his album, they are instead coppin his album in bulk.

Its innovative, the music industry has always been that though.

However soundscan are treding very carefully, as far as counting sales, if they change their bulk policy then someone like Weezy or Drake or Snoop can be deemed to have sold a million or even 5 million albums because some big company decided to cop their albums in return for them to promote their product.

As far as artists pockets go it is a good thing, but as far as sales go it is misleading, thus why Soundscan have so far opted out of this policy change.

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 07-01-2013 at 05:57 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #117
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,288 | Props total: 6389 6389
 Avitos Way said:
#NewRules

[pic - click to view]

n*ggas is mad jay-z went platinum in a week
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #118
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,486 | Props total: 735 735
i will not lose - NaS

YOUNG
 07-01-2013, 05:57 PM         #119
.aviator.man.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
god dam this guy is the fu*kin unbeatable.
 4 years ago '12        #120
space
space
 HipHopFactz said:
Like I said in my post above RIAA do an audit for a small fee, and if they deem you to have moved say a million records they will hand you a plaque. You over here talking about garage sales and all types of dumb sh*t.

I quoted the RIAA site and shut you down. /discussiondone

Heres that L, take it to school tomorrow with you
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy