RIAA Changes 30-Day Gold & Platinum Rule In Light of Jay-Z’s ‘MCHG’ Release

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '12        #81
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,071 | Props total: 17369 17369
I refuse to hate on the next black man getting money and beating these suits at their game. Don't be mad at him for accomplishing this, be mad at whatever artist you support for not having the balls to walk into those same offices and demand that check

Congrats to the boy Hov, nothing else to say.
 4 years ago '05        #82
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,304 | Props total: 6429 6429
"I always wanted to be a verb"
[pic - click to view]

"Good Answer"
 4 years ago '04        #83
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 1782 1782
Hov just cant lose n*gga got Beyonce, had a baby by the bi*ch, KEEP getting money, and KEEP droppin hot records.
 4 years ago '09        #84
The Bully 352 heat pts352
space
space
$48,418 | Props total: 35296 35296
Only Jay-Z gets praised for buying his own albums that shows how much people are blinded and on his d!ck no matter what he does

If 50 Cent did something like this he would be clowned and called desperate to not flop...but Grey Poupon Hova did it so its such a genius creative marketing move #newrules
 4 years ago '05        #86
space
space
 cankstoochie said:
This is stupid. And should not count because the listener did not purchase it
this n*gga mad
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #87
space
space
 The Bully said:
Only Jay-Z gets praised for buying his own albums that shows how much people are blinded and on his d!ck no matter what he does

If 50 Cent did something like this he would be clowned and called desperate to not flop...but Grey Poupon Hova did it so its such a genius creative marketing move #newrules
actually.. he didnt buy them.. Samsung bought them.. and im 1 of the 1 million to get a copy
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #88
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,809 | Props total: 1830 1830
 StateProperty88 said:
you may think that, but for companies like apple and google, they feel otherwise, even though the actual service is a loss, they found the overall result is profitable

and thats a horrible comparison by the way , makes me think you dont understand what i said
How is it horrible comparison ?? As a member of the young demographic your incentive to try to get me to buy your product is something that I'm accustomed to getting for free anyway ??
 4 years ago '12        #89
space
space
 The Bully said:

How did he purchase any records though Bully when he made 20 Million off this? Jay didn't spend a dime here

I just don't get how this is an L.

This is simple business b

Person makes product. Product is deemed so good that a larger corporation is willing to fork over a lot of cake for said product. Person accepts deal for product and profits 20 million before said product even hits the market while also gaining an accolade very few in the market are able to even attain.

How is that an L? The n*gga just rewrote the book on releasing an album with a sponsor...99.5% of these n*ggas release albums and its an immediate loss until the returns come back...he just announced an album and hes already 20 million dollars ahead

I am a huge Jay Z critic and even I have to shut the fu*k up and admit....Thats fu*kin genius

Every artist you have ever known/heard of would beg to do this sh*t
 4 years ago '05        #90
space
space
 psylence2k said:
How is it horrible comparison ?? As a member of the young demographic your incentive to try to get me to buy your product is something that I'm accustomed to getting for free anyway ??
sonme ppl still support certain artists and buy them. besides.. sh*t hasnt leaked yet

n*ggas want this sh*t early
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #91
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,809 | Props total: 1830 1830
 Illstreet said:
You Stan a Man you Hate.

Your Life is the definition of pathetic.

Oh, and I see you didn't respond to the facts in my post(what Jay gets out of this is Complete Creative Control, An Incredible Contract, and that Platinum Plaque).

Great Monetary Compensation for your Art with Complete Creative Control????????

That's what every Artist in the entire world wants.

And you're hating on it.

it has nothing to do with Jay , if Em , Wayne, or Nicki did that shyt for sales I would be calling it wack and you stans know you would be too. Replace Jay's name in this thread with another artist and my comments are still the same but most of yallz ( the camel warriors) would change, that's the difference between me and you ( a stan).

I get it , I'm an as*hole for saying something critical about your idol, you hate me and follow me because I criticize someone who's a stranger to you, but it's not healthy man , you might need some help when you're obsessing over SOMEONE ELSE simply because they talk about your idol. Write down that type of behavior and tell me it's not a mental condition.
 07-01-2013, 04:49 PM         #92
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cankstoochie said:
This is stupid. And should not count because the listener did not purchase it
but it counts when birdman does? is he the listener?
 4 years ago '13        #93
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38456 38456
Doesnt matter what Riaa says, its all about soundscan, they are the go to body by the billboards so unless soundscan follow suite then billboards will not recogonize the sales.

Riaa just wants to go back to the hay day of music artists going plat as it meant they were a relavent body.
Due to low music sales the Riaa arent handing out plaques like they did in the 90's and 00's

Soundscan don't care about plaques they only care about the actual sales so they can provide them to billboards.

I dont think soundscan will ever change as it would mean artists could go 10 plat because Pepsi copped 10 mil albums for a $1 and handed them out with a soda can

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 07-01-2013 at 04:53 PM..
 4 years ago '09        #94
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,308 | Props total: 7965 7965
lol..this camel changed the game

he basically goes platinum within a 10 second span
 4 years ago '09        #95
The Bully 352 heat pts352
space
space
$48,418 | Props total: 35296 35296
I cant wait to see Adele numbers when she signs an Iphone deal

Or what if Sprite decides to buy 2 million copies of Drakes new album and give out golden ticket digital codes in select bottles?

Maybe Dre Beats or PS4 buys 3 million copies of Kendricks next release and gives them away with all new purchases?

Better yet, what if McDonalds gets behind Taylor Swift next time? MJ's Thriller's standing might actually be in jeopordy

I guess this is the steroid era of pop music

all album sales from now until the end of time will have a*
 4 years ago '04        #96
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,442 | Props total: 6510 6510
^^^ nobody said any of that sh!t when prince did it....but i guess nobody cared about prince by then

and album sales been had an * for a minute if you take in account how some albums be selling for 99 cents
 4 years ago '05        #97
thaghost36 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 341 341
 bkid said:
#NewRules

Hov wasnt playing when he said that
 4 years ago '11        #98
Sinamatik CFR 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,368 | Props total: 7806 7806
the new rules....
 4 years ago '12        #99
space
space
 HipHopFactz said:
Doesnt matter what Riaa says, its all about soundscan, they are the go to body by the billboards so unless soundscan follow suite then billboards will not recogonize the sales.

Riaa just wants to go back to the hay day of music artists going plat as it meant they were a relavent body.
Due to low music sales the Riaa arent handing out plaques like they did in the 90's and 00's

Soundscan don't care about plaques they only care about the actual sales so they can provide them to billboards.
I been doing music for 13 years now...been involved with and doing business with artists on a major level for about 4 and a half....this is the first time I have ever seen someone say the RIAA doesn't matter.

Sorry bro. n*ggas bleed for those plaques and they bleed to earn them. The RIAA ain't giving away charity plaques cause they aren't 'giving them out like they used to'...sh*t the fact that not everyone can even reach that level makes RIAA certs even more distinguished.

Like I said I am a Jay critic....but at some point you gotta stop hating/being a critic and just admit the man won.

Once again every artist would beg to be in this position. Every exec would k!ll for their artist to be in this position....stop lying to yourselves
 4 years ago '13        #100
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38456 38456
 The Bully said:
I cant wait to see Adele numbers when she signs an Iphone deal

Or what if Sprite decides to buy 2 million copies of Drakes new album and give out golden ticket digital codes in select bottles?

Maybe Dre Beats or PS4 buys 3 million copies of Kendricks next release and gives them away with all new purchases?

Better yet, what if McDonalds gets behind Taylor Swift next time? MJ's Thriller's standing might actually be in jeopordy

I guess this is the steroid era of pop music

all album sales from now until the end of time will have a*
Nothing will be in jeopordy unless soundscan decides to copy Riaa.

If the billboards dont recogonize the sales sh*t is irrelvant
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago