Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinxs Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-01-2013, 03:46 PM         #61
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Root Of Evil said:
No hov thread is complete without one of your thesis statements

New rules fu*kboy you just gotta deal with it

That f*ggot psylence2k can't stand Jay-Z, yet he Posts about Jay-Z more than any other Rapper...

That's a Fact.

*Waits for the I'm somehow stalking him comment *
 4 years ago '11        #62
Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,187 | Props total: 481 481
 Mike Nitty said:
he aint buy sh*t he was just smarter than everybody else....you bashing the n*gga for getting his proppers....yo f*ggot a.ss prolly downloaded 90% of His Catalogue...how much cake you think he dun lost due to piracy ? I can't knock that man for coming up with a full proof plan to go plat and having the music drop on release day as scheduled. Release days aint sh*t now---albums get sh*tted on because nerds hear half the album 2 weeks b4 the intended "listeining experience" then comment yay or nay without hearing the album the way the artist intended it to be heard.

the way im looking at this is its basically a free album from Jay Samsung a.ssumed all the risk, they gonna make a lil change, get some hood customers, Hov breaks records....and changes the game in the process. Music will be better for it....Imagine the Heat artist will come with if they know they still getting what they deserve financilly and sales wise. Dummies never get it
Its gon be a bad trend in my opinion cause you gon have people like lil b who could do thesame thing then people gon start sayin he cheating,i think a plaque should be given out based on people actually goin out the way and buyin the album cause they released a good album and worked hard not cause a company bought it
 4 years ago '04        #63
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,810 | Props total: 1832 1832
 Mike Nitty said:
he aint buy sh*t he was just smarter than everybody else....you bashing the n*gga for getting his proppers....yo f*ggot a.ss prolly downloaded 90% of His Catalogue...how much cake you think he dun lost due to piracy ? I can't knock that man for coming up with a full proof plan to go plat and having the music drop on release day as scheduled. Release days aint sh*t now---albums get sh*tted on because nerds hear half the album 2 weeks b4 the intended "listeining experience" then comment yay or nay without hearing the album the way the artist intended it to be heard.

the way im looking at this is its basically a free album from Jay Samsung a.ssumed all the risk, they gonna make a lil change, get some hood customers, Hov breaks records....and changes the game in the process. Music will be better for it....Imagine the Heat artist will come with if they know they still getting what they deserve financilly and sales wise. Dummies never get it

Thanks for wasting time explaining the effects of piracy like we're all oblivious idiots here.

but let me explain something to your dumb a$$, nobody is knocking Jay for lining his pockets, but the concept of ANY artist getting a platinum plaque by doing an endorsement deal for a corporation is stupid. It has nothing to do with Jay, if Eminem did that shyt I would call it wack too, and I've been a fan of Em as well. Wayne , Nicki, Drake, Rick Ross whoever , if that shyt became a trend then Platinum plaques simply wont credibly represent the same thing anymore. The money part should only be cared about by Jay , you're not seeing any of that shyt and it's probably a very small amount to him anyway that he probably makes in a show or two. As far as what it does to the industry it's wack, You guys know damn well if Nicki Minaj or Wayne did this shyt first everyone would be trashing it.

" Imagine the heat artist will come with ..... " you know the funny thing is you would think that's what would happen because that's exactly what I thought when I first heard about this. Obviously you haven't been in the leaked lyric threads for this album Instead of making him go hard it sounds like he just slacked off because he knows either way he did some promo to sell his million units.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-01-2013 at 04:12 PM..
 07-01-2013, 03:51 PM         #64
marquezdakid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay sold a million copies to Samsung at $5 an album. So he goes platinum automatically and gets $5 million off tops. Samsung gets the album early for their customers and Hov doing some commercials for them. Pretty nice deal for both parties because Hov wins monetarily and the next time you get a phone you might switch to Samsung cause of perks like getting MCHG early

And Hov wins even more cause a few days later he releases his album physically and digitally to make even more dough #newrules
 07-01-2013, 03:52 PM         #65
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Nah, the app is free, the album is free

Basically Jay agreed to do some promotion for Samsung in exchange for a platinum plaque.
And a 20 Million Dollar Contract with Complete Creative Freedom you fukkin retard.

You're favorite Rapper Wishes he had this deal and was in this situation.
 4 years ago '04        #66
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
 dlettern said:
Aint no one in the South with this type of power. Dre out in LA is comparable, but still not close. Jay Z has shown the world the strength of true NY business acumen. Its just different.

While I still believe he's the biggest sellout in Hip Hop history, it won't matter once he becomes Hip Hop's first billionaire
for somebody that keeps posting that miguel tweet you do talk side ways about the south a lot
 4 years ago '05        #67
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 marquezdakid said:
Jay sold a million copies to Samsung at $5 an album. So he goes platinum automatically and gets $5 million off tops. Samsung gets the album early for their customers and Hov doing some commercials for them. Pretty nice deal for both parties because Hov wins monetarily and the next time you get a phone you might switch to Samsung cause of perks like getting MCHG early

And Hov wins even more cause a few days later he releases his album physically and digitally to make even more dough #newrules
this is what guys like psylence are completely missing. he wants to make this about jay, but this is more about the move that samsung is trying to make.
 4 years ago '04        #68
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
That f*ggot psylence2k can't stand Jay-Z, yet he Posts about Jay-Z more than any other Rapper...

That's a Fact.

*Waits for the I'm somehow stalking him comment *

For all of those in here who don't know yet, this is arguably one my most tenacious stalkers on BX.

I dont mention, acknowledge, or initiate any type of interaction with this sad delusional creature but he constantly follows me in threads. I'm his second obsession next to Jay-Z. The second I post in something Jay-Z related he is sure to follow, no matter how bad he tries to make me out to be for hating on his idol he still hasn't grasped the idea that being on my nuts thread after thread by default makes him look wacker than whatever he says I am.

Pretty pathetic huh ?? If you would like be of a.ssistance to him, please PM him and let him know e-stalking is not a good look.
 4 years ago '04        #69
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
this is what guys like psylence are completely missing. he wants to make this about jay, but this is more about the move that samsung is trying to make.
I think everyone is aware that this is one of the prospective angles Samsung had in mind. I'm surprised you actually think me or almost anyone else on here wasn't aware of this.

Only problem is there's already millions of people who own a Samsung device who will download a free album and for those who dont ?? I doubt you're getting THAT many people to switch to a $200 device for a $10 album that they usually are accustomed to pirating for free anyway.
 07-01-2013, 04:04 PM         #70
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Poster with the Most Posts in this Thread?

You Guessed it!

psylence2k

Give him a hand
 4 years ago '04        #71
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
 StateProperty88 said:
that what i kinda said when this was first announced. if they get 12,000 or so new customers then they break even on this.

not saying 12,000 people going to get a phone because of this album but they might be more interested in a samsung phone then they were two months ago.
 07-01-2013, 04:07 PM         #72
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
that what i kinda said when this was first announced. if they get 12,000 or so new customers then they break even on this.

not saying 12,000 people going to get a phone because of this album but they might be more interested in a samsung phone then they were two months ago.
/Thread

Who was talking about Samsung this much before this?

That's why they did it.
 4 years ago '04        #73
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
And a 20 Million Dollar Contract with Complete Creative Freedom you fukkin retard.

You're favorite Rapper Wishes he had this deal and was in this situation.

You dont have to stalk my posts in order to get wet off money your idol makes that you wont be seeing a single cent of.

You can do that by yourself and save me the experience of watching such pathetic stanning.

4 years ago '05        #74
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I think everyone is aware that this is one of the prospective angles Samsung had in mind. I'm surprised you actually think me or almost anyone else on here wasn't aware of this.

Only problem is there's already millions of people who own a Samsung device who will download a free album and for those who dont ?? I doubt you're getting THAT many people to switch to a $200 device for a $10 album that they usually are accustomed to pirating for free anyway.
which is why i said they wont make much of this particular transaction. but if you are paying attention to the mobile world, music and music streaming doesnt make much money for companies as a matter of fact similar to samsung they normally take a hit, but its a service they still provide and are trying to be at the forefront of...because of the exclusivity. samsung cares more about the exclusive content than actually making a profit because its shown in some cases that one follows the other.

thats why google and apple provide music streaming, which may i add is not profitable for them as well and even why metro pc provides a similar service. they expect the ROI on the back end and for guys like apple and google it has worked for them thus far and this is samsung dipping their toe in the water
 4 years ago '04        #75
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
RIAA just dug their own grave
 4 years ago '04        #76
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
which is why i said they wont make much of this particular transaction. but if you are paying attention to the mobile world, music and music streaming doesnt make much money for companies as a matter of fact similar to samsung they normally take a hit, but its a service they still provide and are trying to be at the forefront of...because of the exclusivity. samsung cares more about the exclusive content than actually making a profit because its shown in some cases that one follows the other.

thats why google and apple provide music streaming, which may i add is not profitable for them as well and even why metro pc provides a similar service. they expect the ROI on the back end and for guys like apple and google it has worked for them thus far and this is samsung dipping their toe in the water
everything is profit, if not in the short term then the long term.

I just dont think it's gonna be that effective. Even if I was on the fence about a samsung device I would never use an album to help my decision. No matter whose album it was.

That's like one grocery store trying to get you to shop there over a competitor by offering you free bottled tap water.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-01-2013 at 04:21 PM..
 07-01-2013, 04:20 PM         #77
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Please repeat after me - there's only one rule
I WILL NOT, LOSE!

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #78
space
space
 psylence2k said:
everything is profit, if not in the short term then the long term.

I just dont think it's gonna be that effective. Even if I was on the fence about a samsung device I would never use an album to help my decision.

That's like one grocery store trying to get you to shop there over a competitor by offering you free bottled tap water.
you may think that, but for companies like apple and google, they feel otherwise, even though the actual service is a loss, they found the overall result is profitable

and thats a horrible comparison by the way , makes me think you dont understand what i said
 07-01-2013, 04:21 PM         #79
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
illuminati
 07-01-2013, 04:22 PM         #80
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
You dont have to stalk my posts in order to get wet off money your idol makes that you wont be seeing a single cent of.

You can do that by yourself and save me the experience of watching such pathetic stanning.

You Stan a Man you Hate.

Your Life is the definition of pathetic.

Oh, and I see you didn't respond to the facts in my post(what Jay gets out of this is Complete Creative Control, An Incredible Contract, and that Platinum Plaque).

Great Monetary Compensation for your Art with Complete Creative Control????????

That's what every Artist in the entire world wants.

And you're hating on it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy