most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #1
7699 pageviews
60 comments

eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133
space
space
$2,787 | Props total: 505 505
9 Superhero Movies that need to be remade

http://m.superherohype.com/features/articles/177221-9-superhero-movies-that-should-be-remade

“Remake” is a bad word in many circles. Plenty of fans are open to the idea of a new version of characters, stories, and ideas in film and television, but some will throw a fit as though they've been unfairly grounded at the mention of the word. That in mind, this entire article is about remaking things because there are plenty of films that didn't work the first time around and feature characters that deserve a second go at bat. If the word remake makes you sick to your stomach, in which case I apologize for having used it three times already, you'll likely be hospitalized by the end of this.

#1 SPAWN
I'll admit I haven't seen the original Spawn movie in quite some time, long enough that I don't remember much about it at all (except John Leguizamo playing a farting clown, that sticks with you). But with all of these other heroes getting a new life on the big screen, it's high time that Spawn got another shot at audiences.

At the time of its release, the special effects in Spawn were looked at with awe. But now? They are Syfy original movie laughable. The film clearly doesn't hold up, nor does it do justice to the character's full potential, and for that alone it needs the reboot treatment. Take a look at the rest of the comic book movies we're getting now. Mostly superheroes yes, but mostly family friendly-versions of these superheroes. Kick-Ass was the latest film to tackle the R-rated superhero and, if done well, Spawn could kick off an era of adult-geared hero films.

Another reason they should try and bring Spawn back? The subject matter. Spawn is about a man that is a soldier for hell. This story might not sound appealing to a lot of people, and that's why we need another movie. When was the last time there was a huge public outcry over a major film like there has been in the past? Even though I'm not a huge Spawn fan, I'd love to see Senators going on television talking about how terrible the movie is because of its subject matter.

Likelihood of happening: Spawn creator Todd McFarlane has spoken about a reboot many times previously. He's said there are several offers on his table for the character from a big-budget film where he would have no involvement to a smaller scale movie where he could retain creative control. McFarlane has also said an “Oscar winning actor” is very interested in playing Al Simmons, and though he has never named the actor, many believe it to be Jamie Foxx. In short, it might happen.

#2 DAREDEVIL
If you read my revisit of 2003's Daredevil, or you've seen the movie yourself, you know that it's quite bad and that makes me very upset. Daredevil is one of my favorite superheroes who has just as rich of a history and rogue gallery as any character. The character is even interesting when he's just Matt Murdock.

The problem with the first Daredevil movie is that it tried to do too much. It fell prey to the “too many villains” syndrome that plagues so many superhero movies. By using two villains, and positioning Elektra as one for a brief period, there's hardly any focus on Matt as a character and his heroics as Daredevil. I even wrote in my a.ssessment of the original film that there are three movies worth of content in Daredevil. Those three stories would be his interaction with Elektra, Bullseye, and The Kingpin. Throw some Stiltman, The Owl, and The Hand in and I'm already foaming at the mouth reading this. Another problem that befell the first Daredevil movie was its somewhat poor special effects, a recurring trend on this list. With effects capabilities at an all time high, there's no reason that Daredevil's “radar vision” and building swinging wouldn't work and be believable.

Likelihood of happening: Marvel has the rights to the character back, but they've made no formal announcements about any plans for a film or TV series at this time.

#3 BLADE
The three Blade films combined have made over $400 million at the global box office. While that isn't "Avengers" money, it's nothing to scoff at. Plenty of movies would k!ll to have that kind of bank. Marvel missed one opportunity to reboot the character when a vampire movie was being released every other month a few years ago, and they wisely opted not to put Blade in the already over-saturated market. I'm sure they knew that putting Blade out in theaters again when vampires were the flavor of the month would spell ruin for the film's potential and are waiting for the best moment to actually bring him back.

Blade, Blade 2, and Blade: Trinity were full of the kind of gore and action that fans have come to expect from a character of his nature, and like Spawn before him, a feature dedicated to his brand of heroics is the kind of entertainment some adults would love to see. There's no conceivable reason why Blade can't be presented in a series of films that navigate his journey as a character wherein what he does is semi-believable and fun to watch. Marvel has done it countless times before with their other films. Also, lest we not forget that Marvel currently employs a man that put a big stamp on the vampire genre, Mr. Joss Whedon.

Likelihood of happening: It's tough to say. Marvel owns the film rights to the character again so it's a possibility, but after making billions of dollars with their family friendly-heroes, it's safe to a.ssume they're not going to make adults-only features any time soon.

#4 THE GREEN HORNET
I like The Green Hornet a lot and for someone that isn't over 40, that's not something you hear every day. The idea of the character was original at the time of its conception and when done well is still amazing to read today. The Seth Rogen-starring film had some interesting ideas, such as the modern day setting and the various gadgets for the character, but overall it wasn't the Green Hornet that I know and love. What we got in the film was a love letter to slapstick in a domino mask and not what Britt Reid should be. The Green Hornet should be a terrifying force of nature, striking fear into the hearts of criminals and cops alike. His schtick of “pretending to be a bad guy while actually being a good guy” sets him apart from other heroes, and was turned into a total farce in the film version.

Where should a "Green Hornet" movie go? Take it back and make it a period piece in my opinion. It worked for Captain America: The First Avenger, and fans really dug the setup there. Putting The Green Hornet in the era of WWII America gives it enough distance from the present to make it more believable (especially given the current downfall of newspapers), and while I love Christoph Waltz, the primary villain in a Green Hornet movie shouldn't be a caricature of comic book villain but someone that makes the terrifying Green Hornet a little scared himself.

Likelihood of happening: I can't say for certain one way or the other, maybe if a filmmaker comes along with a passion for Green Hornet it will get made, but I'm going to bet the previous movie k!lled all interest at a studio level.

#5 SWAMP THING
I adore Swamp Thing and it wasn't until I was already a big fan of the source material that I found Wes Craven's film from the '80s. If you have never seen the Swamp Thing movie, don't. “One of the worst movies I've ever seen” isn't enough of a statement for how terrible it is. In the film, Swamp Thing is a bumbling Frankenstein clone covered in mud and not the methodical, powerful, and nearly omnipotent keeper of The Green that we know and love from the comics.

Swamp Thing is one of the most complex characters at DC comics with problems and powers that are approached from an intelligent perspective. He even has his own arch-nemesis in the form of Anton Arcane. He's been to hell and back, consumed entire cities with floral overgrowth, and battled all sorts of curses, vampires, and monsters. We have the technology to make Swamp Thing's abilities and the creature himself believable, so why not give it a try?

What separates Swamp Thing from other hero stories is that at the core it is a love story. Yes, other heroes have a love interest but it is always secondary to the primary plot, whereas the plots within Swamp Thing spin out of the relationship he has with his love Abigail (niece of the aforementioned evil Anton Arcane). While it might be difficult for some audience members to accept the love of a human woman and the Swamp Thing, it's worked in comics for decades so they must be doing something right.

Likelihood of happening: Guillermo del Toro has been quite vocal about doing a “dark universe” film for Warner Bros. involving the darker characters from the DCU including Swamp Thing. Del Toro is an outspoken fan of the character and the mythos and while we wouldn't bet on the movie happening, Del Toro would be the one to make it work.

#6 JONAH HEX
Poor Jonah, like so many great characters before him his only tenure on the big screen came in the form of a terrible film. Even worse for Jonah, what we got instead of a proper Hex movie was a Wild Wild West clone with more swearing and equal amounts of innuendo. Jonah Hex is not the typical comic book character since he possesses no powers, though they tried to give him some in the film, and his stories take place in post-Civil War America. Throughout his life, Hex has done all manner of jobs and tasks around the country, from his service in the Confederate army to his many years of bounty hunting even to his years growing up in an Apache tribe.

We've learned that the key to making a good comic book movie is to take the material seriously, to have respect for the characters. Jonah Hex and the previously mentioned Green Hornet and Swamp Thing are prime examples of films where there was clearly not much respect for the source. The filmmakers like the principle idea and made their own corny version of it. After the recent success of True Grit and Django Unchained, there's no reason that a serious approach to Jonah Hex couldn't work. We're living in an age where you can't just take a comic book property and limp along to the finish line. We have standards for these things now.

Likelihood of happening: Unless Warner Bros. calls me right now to make this movie, it is probably dead in the water.

#7 CATWOMAN
Cant Find It in me to post this. See Article for more..

#8 SUPERGIRL
This is also blasphemy. See Article for more...

#9 BATMAN
First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this sentence before you comment below and tell me I'm a fool. Seriously, it means a lot.

We can all agree that Nolan's Batman movies are great and really put a stamp on the character that few would be able to achieve again, but there are a few discrepancies in his version of the character that don't really mesh with the canon. In the new Batman film, why not focus more on him being a detective? Given the character's title of "The World's Greatest Detective," it's in his mythos to be the modern day Sherlock Holmes, and we didn't see much of that in the Nolan Batman films. In addition, when can we get to see Batman really f!ght someone? He does it all the time in the comics, video games, and cartoons, yet in the films his f!ghts are hardly memorable and take up very little time.

I've previously written about what villains should appear in a Batman reboot and in that list I kept close to the idea of "Batman as a detective." But Batman can be a detective and still f!ght his less-realistic villains. Clayface, k!ller Croc, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, and Man-Bat are all formidable foes for Batman and before he can face off against them, he has to use his skills to find out who they are and what they're planning. An extensive Batman movie series wherein we see him with his abilities heightened and using his keen senses to overcome a sizable chunk of his rogues gallery would be a dream come true.

Likelihood of happening: Oh, it's happening whether you like it or not. It's just a matter of time.

Source:visit this link 9 Superhero Movies That Should Be Remade | Superhero Hype

---I agree with most of this list besides catwoman and supergirl, but the most interesting property I think that needs to be cultivated is swamp thing. The new 52 rendition of him is amazing and the most interesting comic out IMO. A dark, gritty Swamp Thing would be a visual treat and a great story, hope someone see's that this is a movie that needs to be done right. And also after seeing man of steel, batman f!ght scenes need to step it up if he ever hopes to co-exists in Justice League type action, so maybe a batman reboot would be good?
SWAMP THING MOVIE 2016 ( very tentative lol)

60 comments for "9 Superhero Movies that need to be remade"

4 years ago '07        #2
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,971 | Props total: 791 791
Hmmmm Blade doesn't in my opinion but they do need to make a 4 to make up for that sh*tty a.ss part 3.
 4 years ago '04        #3
eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133 OP
space
space
#7 Supergirl

[pic - click to view]

Would you look at that, the OTHER female-centered superhero movie that didn't understand what it was doing. Though not as blatantly offensive as Catwoman, the Supergirl film still manages to take a character with a respectable history and turn her into a man-needing-witch-f!ghting-girl-school-attending goofball. Supergirl tried to appeal to fans by giving them some references to the mythology, but overall the final product isn't what fans would want. Plus, in the age of incredible special effects, this movie just doesn't do it anymore.

With the upcoming Man of Steel, we have reason to believe that Warner Bros. will attempt to emulate Marvel Studios' "larger universe" plan and while a feature based on Supergirl wouldn't be a top priority, what's to stop her from getting a film in the future? But how do you differentiate Supergirl from Superman in a big budget film? One way is to take the approach used in DC's "The New 52" wherein Kara's origin was altered to her being transported to Earth as well. Kara wakes up in Russia and believes only 3 days have passed, remembering her baby cousin Kal-El. Upon a f!ght with some armored men, she meets her fully grown cousin, now Superman. This idea offers a lot of room for expansion and unique storytelling, especially once audiences warm up to Henry Cavill's Man of Steel

#8 Catwomen

[pic - click to view]

We can all agree that the Catwoman film has a lot of problems. It's often cited, and for good reason, as one of the worst movies in history. All of the issues of it as a movie aside, many fans cry out that the character in this film isn't actually the Catwoman we all know and love. Instead of adapting the character that has appeared in comics for decades, the filmmakers chose to try a ridiculous attempt at crafting a female starring action film while pandering to stereotypes (the villain gets her powers from a face cream in case you forgot). Furthermore, they took the name “Catwoman” and turned it into a wholly new creation that bears little resemblance to Selena Kyle.

So how do you make a Catwoman movie work? You have to embrace the fact that the character is an anti-hero and thief to start. Catwoman does good things yes, but more often than not, she's stealing, cheating, lying, but in her eyes it's all in good fun. Selena has an entire web of supporting characters that should appear in a film based on her, up to and including the Batman himself. Don't go crazy though, it should be a Catwoman movie where Batman appears and not the other way around.

Now if you're portraying Catwoman in her proper anti-hero style, what direction do you take it? Why not a heist film? Have Catwoman robbing various museums, banks, and people. Heist movies have a long standing tradition in Hollywood and while The Dark Knight did its best to seal the envelope on comic book heists, I think there's more to be said especially with Catwoman.
 4 years ago '04        #4
space
space
 Rico23 said:
Daredevil doesn't need a remake per se, it just needs more people to watch the Directors Cut....20x better than the theatrical version
Really Fam? Ima have to check this out.
 4 years ago '07        #5
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
I thought Supergirl would be #1 still have that bullsh*t on VHS along with that corny old Captain America movie.
 4 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 TH35 said:
I thought Supergirl would be #1 still have that bullsh*t on VHS along with that corny old Captain America movie.
Is the supergirl movie even watchable?
 4 years ago '05        #7
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,155 | Props total: 18413 18413
Swamp Thing please
 4 years ago '04        #8
space
space
 Hu$tLa said:
Swamp Thing please
You know.
 4 years ago '04        #9
space
space
If anyone wants any new 52 dc titles let me know!
 4 years ago '04        #10
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,452 | Props total: 1239 1239
blade 1 and 2 was good. no remake needed. catwoman yes
 4 years ago '04        #11
space
space
 1nonly said:
blade 1 and 2 was good. no remake needed. catwoman yes
any suggestions on a person to play catwoman?
 4 years ago '08        #12
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,565 | Props total: 2395 2395
A new Spider-Man series with the lead character not being a pus*y or an emo Twilight looking phaggot
 4 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 Cooked Brickz said:
A new Spider-Man series with the lead character not being a pus*y or an emo Twilight looking phaggot
Thank You, jesus christ I thought i was the only one.
 4 years ago '04        #14
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 Cooked Brickz said:

[pic - click to view]

Dude was bullied too. I think it's safe to say he was a pus*y at some point.

4 years ago '06        #15
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6743 6743
any putlocker link to Daredevil - Directors Cut?

all i can find is the original sh*t
 07-01-2013, 11:36 AM         #16
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I remember back when Swamp Thing was THAT sh*t!!
Daredevil directors cut was poppin though. They need to make a new one though.
Daredevil has some of the best stories in all of comics.
 4 years ago '04        #17
space
space
yea, i cant wait for anything swamp thing. even animal man is cool.
 4 years ago '05        #18
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,198 | Props total: 15716 15716
Spawn for sure needs to be remade. With all the hype right now about making darker superhero movies, this movie about anti-hero would be perfect.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 07-01-2013 at 12:50 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #19
space
space
 Killamike79 said:
Spawn for sure needs to remade. With all the hype right now about making darker superhero movies, this movie about anti-hero would be perfect.
Hell yeah, get del toro to direct it.
 4 years ago '12        #20
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,849 | Props total: 3465 3465
 Killamike79 said:
Spawn for sure needs to be remade. With all the hype right now about making darker superhero movies, this movie about anti-hero would be perfect.
I heard the guy that wrote and directed the orginal, that also holds the rights, doesn't want anyone to touch it... Dude is fu*king up, guess he doesn't want anyone to out due him
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
241 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago