DC vs. Marvel

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

who wins (overall - includes everything)
Marvel 145 70.39%
DC 61 29.61%
Voters: 206. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #101
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,844 | Props total: 4144 4144
 Peterparker said:
First of all I liked The Dark Knight but its overrated as hell due largely because of Heath Ledgers death before the release of the film. Lets not try to act like his death didn't build up the hype.

The death of Superman was a huge event no doubt. I got the comic book. I also got that horrible return of Superman that failed horribly, what the fu*k was DC thinking.

You know why DC decided to do the death of superman? To make Supe relevant again. In the 90s Marvel was kicking DC a.ss in sales because Marvel esp. in the 90s had more interesting stories and characters.

But I would expect the death of Superman to be a huge event considering the fact he was the 1st Super Hero so it would only make sense. But the funny thing is you just proved my point. Superman and Batman is DC only strong crossover appeal.

You say DC has more iconic figures?? That is fanboy talking...Aquaman,Green Latern,Flash,Wonderwoman or let me guess Lobo(a poor mans Wolverine)

Also I'll give DC The Dark Knight and Batman 89 as great iconic films. Batman Begins I fell asleep and TDKR was cool.

The only thing I feel DC has over marvel is a better track record of animation thanks in part to Warner brothers and some of their novels like Kingdom Come,he Dark Knight returns,Watchmen
The movie was getting buzz and talk about Oscar nominations BEFORE Heath Ledger even died, so don't even start with that bullsh*t. TDK is just a better film. And, it still seems, that film (along with the rest of Nolan's trilogy) will have a much longer shelf life than ANY Marvel film to date. TDK certainly has.

As for TDOS, I agree that the storyline was stupid, and his subsequent return is something that has almost irreparably damaged comic book storytelling in general. But, the fact of the matter is, people cared about Superman, and the fact that he was gone for awhile was something that became big talk around non-comic book fans. No one was talking about Spider-Man dying, or Captain America dying, etc.

Wonder Woman IS iconic, so is Green Lantern. And, The Flash? Dude, I know non-comic-book folks who know who the flash is. Most people didn't even know about Iron Man UNTIL Iron Man came out. Most people didn't give a sh*t about Thor until his film came out. Most people knew about the hulk because of the TV show, and both of his movies weren't even that huge of hits.

Unaided awareness. Ask some guy on the street if they know Wonder Woman, Flash, or even Green Lantern, I guarantee they'll say yes even if they've never seen a movie, or picked up a comic book in their entire lives. I'm not convinced that, as you say, Marvel has more iconic heroes than DC.

To be perfectly clear though: I'm a Marvel head more than I am a DC head. But, I'm not gonna let my inner fanboy blindly defend Marvel, especially with the comic book content that they've been putting out recently (goddamn, it's f*cking weak).
 4 years ago '04        #102
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,366 | Props total: 229 229
......smh..... Marvel .. just on the fact that Superman don't do well against magic

Black bolt, Apocalypse, Gladiator, Rouge, Hulk, Thor, Magneto... and those aren't even THE HEAVY HITTERS

Thanos (with infinity gauntlet), ONSlaught, Beyonder, Captain Marvel, Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch

MOTHER fu*kING FRANKLIN RICHARDS, MOTHER fu*kING PHOENIX FORCE, MOTHER fu*kING STAR BRAND ...THE BEYONDER .. BLUE MARVEL

The one Above ALL..

Marvel ...EASY!!

animated I gotta go with DC on this one, because they have had less sh*tty shows

Movies.. DC finally got back in the right but Marvel

Last edited by Shizz; 07-01-2013 at 08:24 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #103
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
I still say DC
 4 years ago '10        #104
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
rocket raccoon would beat the whole DC universe single handed
 4 years ago '04        #105
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,763 | Props total: 6171 6171
 Killa Kwamz said:
Im with DC on this but you cant overlook Galatus he'd destroy all those cats you just mentioned with a blink of an eye and without a second thought.
 07-01-2013, 08:23 AM         #106
bigsyke19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
any one heard of (thought robot superman)....ever heard of superboy prime.......superman has version of his self that very fu*king powerful...probably too powerful for any comic hero.....
 4 years ago '05        #107
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
At their angriest (read the comics)....Hulk and Thor can run thru more than half of DC and I didnt even mention Thanos, Mr fantastic (brains), Dr Doom, Magneto, The scarlet witch and Galactus in there. Outside of Superman and Batman an maybe Darkseid...DC wouldnt stand a chance. If Bane broke batmans back wtf you think a angry Hulk would do to him? If doomsday k!lled Superman wtf you think Thor or an angry hulk would do to him?
 4 years ago '04        #108
eddiefizzle 133 heat pts133
space
space
$2,792 | Props total: 506 506
 UrbanGAAWD said:
DC.....Superman, Batman and Wonder woman alone are better than most of Marvel

Marvel has been lucky due to the movies theyve made, i mean for fu*ks sake they made a thor movie........in 5 years everyone will be back on DC's d!ck like they are on marvels right now
Can I shake your hand sir? End thread.

Dc comics is darker and more gritty and the storytelling of recent johns and synder have been on point plus everyone knows aquaman was outselling every marvel title right lol() and thats just cause geoff johns made him into a badass overnight, immaculate storytelling. Check out dc you wont be disappointed green lantern, swamp thing, demon knights, aquaman, all new batman and superman titles, justice league and justice league dark and creation of new characters such as talon and thats just what I can think of the top of my head, sh*t even injustice comic is awesome. Marvel now is a copy of the new 52 backbone, dc is on the rise and when a batman reboot or justice league movie comes about everyone will be claiming dc again.

I give props to dc for turning one of the most patronized superheros of all time and turning him into a royal badass, pun intended.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #109
space
space
 poeknock said:
At their angriest (read the comics)....Hulk and Thor can run thru more than half of DC and I didnt even mention Thanos, Mr fantastic (brains), Dr Doom, Magneto, The scarlet witch and Galactus in there. Outside of Superman and Batman an maybe Darkseid...DC wouldnt stand a chance. If Bane broke batmans back wtf you think a angry Hulk would do to him? If doomsday k!lled Superman wtf you think Thor or an angry hulk would do to him?
Doomsday is the hulk mad all the time. Moot point. Next? and also professor fate could take down everyone you just said.

Last edited by eddiefizzle; 07-01-2013 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: fate intervened.
 4 years ago '06        #110
StraightUp99 
space
space
space
$1,204 | Props total: 0 0
DC all day...but it would be a good f!ght between supes & Hulk.

Marvel has some good characters (spidey, X-men, (Gambit, Wolverine & Bishop)) and the stories aren't that bad either.

Animated movies to DC, real movies to Marvel for now, not counting Batman or the new Supes movie.

I wouldn't mind seeing a -

Batman vs. Black Panther
Supes vs. Hulk
WW vs. Ms. Marvel
Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate
Darkseid vs. Apocalypse
deathstroke vs. Deadpool
Aquaman vs. Namor
Flash vs. Quicksilver
Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye

List goes on...
 4 years ago '04        #111
space
space
only thing that could save marvel.

[pic - click to view]

Carnage took over silver surfers body. Big problems. other than that DC all day.
 4 years ago '04        #112
abacabb 119 heat pts119
space
space
$9,564 | Props total: 6408 6408
Being real in a f!ght Marvel beats DC rather easily in my opinion.
Marvel has too many godlike people who are only topped by and even more powered person in the Marvel universe.
Take Hulk for example... His strength is basically infinity. He can regenerate from pretty much anything. He barely needs to eat, sleep, or even breath.
And he isn't even top tier.
Batman's brilliance is slightly overstated because there are many people in the Marvel Universe that has his level of intellect while still having superpowers (ex Mr. Fantastic)

Superman is one of the strongest person in DC but I don't see how he can beat someone like Silver Surfer or Thanos (w/ gauntlet).

Batman is cool but we all know that in a f!ght where everyone gets prep time and not just him he get defeated. He is just a mortal with no powers. Even when he f!ghts Superman he has extra prep time, kryptonite for days, and Superman holds back. Usually he barely wins or loses badly. Imagine him f!ghting someone like Galactus...
 4 years ago '05        #113
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
 eddiefizzle said:
Doomsday is the hulk mad all the time. Moot point. Next? and also professor fate could take down everyone you just said.
Dr Fate is not beating Galactus or Thanos so please stop an im pretty sure an angry hulk is stronger than Doomsday.
 4 years ago '05        #114
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
 abacabb said:
Being real in a f!ght Marvel beats DC rather easily in my opinion.
Marvel has too many godlike people who are only topped by and even more powered person in the Marvel universe.
Take Hulk for example... His strength is basically infinity. He can regenerate from pretty much anything. He barely needs to eat, sleep, or even breath.
And he isn't even top tier.
Batman's brilliance is slightly overstated because there are many people in the Marvel Universe that has his level of intellect while still having superpowers (ex Mr. Fantastic)

Superman is one of the strongest person in DC but I don't see how he can beat someone like Silver Surfer or Thanos (w/ gauntlet).

Batman is cool but we all know that in a f!ght where everyone gets prep time and not just him he get defeated. He is just a mortal with no powers. Even when he f!ghts Superman he has extra prep time, kryptonite for days, and Superman holds back. Usually he barely wins or loses badly. Imagine him f!ghting someone like Galactus...
^^this^^
 4 years ago '07        #115
tre0624 74 heat pts74
space
space
$16,516 | Props total: 6174 6174
isnt galactus the guy that always loses to fantastic 4 lol. u might cant k!ll him but its ways to beat him. Superman would destroy him, but i think marvel is better

poeknock said:
Dr Fate is not beating Galactus or Thanos so please stop an im pretty sure an angry hulk is stronger than Doomsday.
 4 years ago '07        #116
tre0624 74 heat pts74
space
space
whats so stupid is to people to compare all these other villians and side characters to Superman n the guy never uses his full power. he could k!ll probably 99.9% of the guys on both
 4 years ago '07        #117
tre0624 74 heat pts74
space
space
Doomsday is not anywhere near stronger then Hulk. Where did u get that info lol. Superman beat doomsday easily when he came back

poeknock said:
 4 years ago '07        #118
tre0624 74 heat pts74
space
space
Stop the Batman sh*t. he probably the weakest out of both universes
 4 years ago '07        #119
tre0624 74 heat pts74
space
space
In case u didnt realize Superman is like the nicest most innocent guy in the world. No Evil so he would fu*k Ghost Rider up be serious. N Ghost Rider has to touch u to do that anyway. how would he grab most of the characters

whothebestmc said:
If every character is able to be used, marvel would only need one above all, which if he's allowed isn't even fair. He could k!ll marvel/dc at the same time himself.

but I guess the presence could kind of counter that, although he appeared a lot weaker than one above all did.

an important role player for marvel would be ghost rider, obviously nobody respects him because his garbage a.ss nicholas cage movies, but any dc character that isn't completely innocent is fu*ked with the stare.

Spectre for DC would smash a great portion of marvel before he used up his power supply.

But I'm gonna have to go with marvel, phoenix is too powerful for the main heroes in DC, she's supermans main weakness besides kryptonite which she could just protect on him. She could have batman thinking he's a baby. She could just psychically attack the DC heroes susceptible to those attacks at the same time, then when you finally k!ll her she will just resurrect and do it all again.
 4 years ago '07        #120
tre0624 74 heat pts74
space
space
Just cause a guy has the power of 8000 suns means nothin. Just beacuse Superman needs a sun that doesnt mean he doesnt have the power of more then 8000 of them. Nobody knows what Superman can really do. He made to be the strongest

Chia-Like said:
I know one would say this dumb sh*t. You must not have heard of Sentry.

[pic - click to view]

Power of 8,000 of them suns that superman need to have his powers
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy