DC vs. Marvel

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

who wins (overall - includes everything)
Marvel 145 70.39%
DC 61 29.61%
Voters: 206. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #21
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,853 | Props total: 934 934
Thor should be able to take superman
Spiderman would handle bats
Nova corp vs green Lantern corp
Not to mention people like Dr . Strange, Blue Marvel, Ghost rider ect
 4 years ago '09        #22
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,822 | Props total: 17886 17886

[pic - click to view]

Superman and Wonder Woman would go down. at the hands of SS...

The Supester is tough, but the Surfer is way tougher. Surfer is one of the few marvel characters like the Hulk who can increase his strength to astronomical levels. He's invulnerable, immune to the temperatures of the hottest stars or the cold of deepest outer space. He can expel blasts of concussive force from his hands with enough power to level a planet. He can track a grain of dust in outer space, can rearrange matter on a molecular level, can increase his size, phase his body through solid matter and is beyond the normal laws of the universe, like gravity as well as manipulate those forces. He can travel at multiple speeds of light and can see many miles ahead of himself.

"Superman is also vulnerable to magical and psionic effects. Although he is no more detrimentally affected by such effects than a normal human would be, this is a significantly exploitable weakness in comparison to his incredible physical resilience."

[pic - click to view]

Doctor Strange has held the title of Sorcerer Supreme from 1973, (with the death of the Ancient One[18]), to the present, with only an interruption from 1992[40] to 1995.[41] He relinquished the title once again in 2009,[29] but reclaimed it in 2012 when he proved himself willing to protect the world even without the title.[32]
Strange draws power from the mystical entities known as the Vishanti (Hoggoth, Oshtur, and Agamotto)[citation needed] and the Octessence (Balthakk, Cyttorak, Farallah, Ikonn, Krakkan, Raggadorr, Valtorr, and Watoomb).[citation needed] These entities lend their power to a particular effect, such as the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, which are used by Strange to entrap foes.[42]
Strange can use magic to achieve any effect he desires, such as flight,[citation needed] immortality,[citation needed] energy blasts,[37] teleportation,[43] astral projection,[34] telepathy,[34] the creation of materials such as food[44] and water,[45] creating planet-wide protective shields,[46] restoring himself from bodily destruction,[volume & issue needed] resurrecting the dead,[volume & issue needed] stopping and reversing time,[volume & issue needed] sealing black holes,[volume & issue needed] restoring universes,[38] absorbing enough power to unconsciously destroy galaxies,[volume & issue needed] growing to the size of and merging with universal concepts,[47] and co-operatively channeling the mass of the entire Marvel Universe.

Batman - I think The Vision would crush him...

"The Vision is described as being "...every inch a human being—except that all of his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials."[35] The Solar Jewel on the Vision's forehead absorbs ambient solar energy to provide the needed power for him to function, and he is also capable of discharging this energy as optic beams; with this, he can fire beams of infrared and microwave radiation. In extreme cases he can discharge this same power through the Solar Jewel itself which amplifies its destructive effects considerably, albeit at the cost of losing most of his resources. The Vision also possesses the ability to manipulate his density, which at its lowest allows flight and a ghostly, phasing intangibility, and at its heaviest provides superhuman strength, immovability, and a diamond-hard near invulnerability. The Vision is capable of reaching a density ten times greater than that of depleted uranium.[36] On one occasion, the Vision uses this extreme durability to render unconscious the villain Count Nefaria.[37] The Vision often uses his ability to alter his density against foes, by phasing an intangible hand through them and then partially re-materializing it—a process he describes as "physical disruption." This effect typically causes great pain and results in incapacitation, as is the case when used against the Earth-712 version of the hero Hyperion.[38] Being an artificial life-form/android of sorts, the Vision possesses multiple superhuman senses—as well as superhuman stamina, reflexes, speed, agility, and strength (even without being at high density). The Vision was trained in unarmed combat by Captain America, and is an expert in the combat use of his superhuman powers. The Vision is an expert on his own construction and repair, and is a highly skilled tactician and strategist. The Vision controls his density by interfacing with an unknown dimension to/from which he can shunt or accrue mass, thus becoming either intangible or extraordinarily massive. The Vision also possesses superhuman analytical capabilities, and has the ability to process information and make calculations with superhuman speed and accuracy."

Last edited by bigscore; 06-30-2013 at 04:35 PM..
 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM         #23
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigscore said:

[pic - click to view]

Superman and Wonder Woman down....

The Supester is tough, but the Surfer is way tougher. Surfer is one of the few marvel characters like the Hulk who can increase his strength to astronomical levels. He's invulnerable, immune to the temperatures of the hottest stars or the cold of deepest outer space. He can expel blasts of concussive force from his hands with enough power to level a planet. He can track a grain of dust in outer space, can rearrange matter on a molecular level, can increase his size, phase his body through solid matter and is beyond the normal laws of the universe, like gravity as well as manipulate those forces. He can travel at multiple speeds of light and can see many miles ahead of himself.

Batman - I think The Vision would crush him.

But i beat yall want to give BM a months notice of the f!ght so he can "prepare"...

I think he would be able to prep for some potential f!ghts but not all of them...

"Superman is also vulnerable to magical and psionic effects. Although he is no more detrimentally affected by such effects than a normal human would be, this is a significantly exploitable weakness in comparison to his incredible physical resilience."

Lets not forget Superman is weak to magic...

[pic - click to view]

Doctor Strange has held the title of Sorcerer Supreme from 1973, (with the death of the Ancient One[18]), to the present, with only an interruption from 1992[40] to 1995.[41] He relinquished the title once again in 2009,[29] but reclaimed it in 2012 when he proved himself willing to protect the world even without the title.[32]
Strange draws power from the mystical entities known as the Vishanti (Hoggoth, Oshtur, and Agamotto)[citation needed] and the Octessence (Balthakk, Cyttorak, Farallah, Ikonn, Krakkan, Raggadorr, Valtorr, and Watoomb).[citation needed] These entities lend their power to a particular effect, such as the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, which are used by Strange to entrap foes.[42]
Strange can use magic to achieve any effect he desires, such as flight,[citation needed] immortality,[citation needed] energy blasts,[37] teleportation,[43] astral projection,[34] telepathy,[34] the creation of materials such as food[44] and water,[45] creating planet-wide protective shields,[46] restoring himself from bodily destruction,[volume & issue needed] resurrecting the dead,[volume & issue needed] stopping and reversing time,[volume & issue needed] sealing black holes,[volume & issue needed] restoring universes,[38] absorbing enough power to unconsciously destroy galaxies,[volume & issue needed] growing to the size of and merging with universal concepts,[47] and co-operatively channeling the mass of the entire Marvel Universe.[volume & issue needed]

or
Don't tell them all this. This is Boxden.
Reebok>Nike
Silver>Gold
d!ck>pus*y

& they'll argue with you about them sh*ts lol
Weirdos
 4 years ago '04        #24
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,921 | Props total: 4276 4276
When I was younger I was a huge Marvel fan, but now I've realized I only ever cared about the X-men,Spider-Man, Silver Surfer and more recently Black Panther.

Now I'm way more into DC characters. I like that most of the characters are like fallen gods or billionaires..idk or just people from status usually.

I also enjoy the darker tone if DC comics now.
 06-30-2013, 04:50 PM         #25
Killa Kwamz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Surfers bum a.ss can die and has my n*gga Lex Luther could dispense with him with a little prep. Dr. strange n*gga plz don't make me laugh.

Last edited by Killa Kwamz; 06-30-2013 at 04:52 PM..
deadpoolsnow slapped this ish

4 years ago '08        #26
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,564 | Props total: 2393 2393
Marvel live action films > DC live action films. (With the exception of the TDK Trilogy.)

DC animated films > Marvel animated films.

DC TV series > Marvel tv series. (Actually, this is pretty damn close. Spider-Man/X-Men TAS vs. Batman TAS and Justice League. )

Overall, DC for me.
 4 years ago '08        #27
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,564 | Props total: 2393 2393
 Jumpoff21 said:
Thor should be able to take superman
Spiderman would handle bats
Nova corp vs green Lantern corp
Not to mention people like Dr . Strange, Blue Marvel, Ghost rider ect
Thor beating Superman? Negro please. And Batman never loses, he's the Goddamn Batman.
 4 years ago '04        #28
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Killa Kwamz said:
Surfers bum a.ss can die and has my n*gga Lex Luther could dispense with him with a little prep. Dr. strange n*gga plz don't make me laugh.
You joking right? If Dr. Muthafu*kin DOOM cant k!ll silver surfer what the fu*k is chrome dome luthor going to do?
 4 years ago '04        #29
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Cooked Brickz said:
Thor beating Superman? Negro please. And Batman never loses, he's the Goddamn Batman.
Superman cant handle magic and batman gets his a.ss kicked by the joker...
 06-30-2013, 05:03 PM         #30
Killa Kwamz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
technically Doom did finish off the surfer. I think Lex would make the needed improvements to Dooms suit or better yet use the same suit and make some soldier or robot do the deed.
 4 years ago '07        #31
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Dc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 4 years ago '09        #32
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,822 | Props total: 17886 17886
 Jumpoff21 said:
Superman cant handle magic and batman gets his a.ss kicked by the joker...

BM = Most over rated hero whos just a mere mortal

Iron fist would k!ll him in a f!ght...
 4 years ago '08        #33
4sonsofHorus 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 1 1
 Cooked Brickz said:
Marvel live action films > DC live action films. (With the exception of the TDK Trilogy.)

DC animated films > Marvel animated films.

DC TV series > Marvel tv series. (Actually, this is pretty damn close. Spider-Man/X-Men TAS vs. Batman TAS and Justice League. )

Overall, DC for me.
True DC has two under the franchise belt, Batman and Supes,

True

Debatable, These shows came out a grip ago but are classics, however, Wolverine and the X-Men, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Young Justice From DC, Honestly in this regard it is who you fu*ks with most, I like them all,

I'm still trying to figure out why there is no poll, and this is straight up and age old fan boy question,

Obviously DC has a longer Comic Book history than marvel, Both Marvel and DC borrow elements from each other to create characters this known.

I can tell a lot of you don't read the comics

Comic book Wise Batman is the truth let me rephrase DC is Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman (if you're into that) outside of that I don't fu*k with DC but respect them, Justice League and other New 52 Titles, Vid Game Injustice and the Arkham Asylum

IF you say you fu*k with super-man you don't, The movie, the TV. Show (TAS) outside of that no, And you def don't read the comic, That n*gga is wearing jeans now

[video - click to view]

I won't get into the power argument because that sh*t can and will go on forever. It just never set well with me as a shorty that A God could be weakened by a green rock, (Which Batman Has to G-Check Super-man) I will always respect DC and the Die Hard fans, but I grew up on

MARVEL,

X-MEN, Spider-Man, These shows as a shorty alone brought me to the Marvel Universe to discover who the fu*k they were,

Deadpool, Indestructible Hulk, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Silver Surfer, Reed Richards, Doctor Doom, Wolverine, Psylocke, Bishop, Venom, The Punisher, Doctor Stange, Thanos, DareDevil, Red She Hulk, Hank Pym,

The comics have come back in full force both DC and Marvel yet to clarify I AM MARVEL,
this debate will go on forever if anyone disagrees give me three valid reasons for a debate...
 4 years ago '04        #34
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,471 | Props total: 7121 7121
 bigscore said:
BM = Most over rated hero whos just a mere mortal

Iron fist would k!ll him in a f!ght...
Superior Spider-Man would k!ll Batman.

Marvel wins this. Marvel can just send out the 5-6 hulks running around to start and whatever DC guys survive wouldn't be too much of a problem.
 4 years ago '07        #35
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,433 | Props total: 43392 43392
 Tic Toc said:
and we all know Bruce can take him down anytime he feels.....

soooo.....

End of debate
 shadychef04 said:
they're on the same team...

im a.ssuming he was talking about Bruce Banner

either way Godfather DC has

Dark Knight
Superman
Green Lantern Corps

nothing can beat them

Last edited by st21; 06-30-2013 at 06:20 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #36
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
Marvel and its not even close
 4 years ago '10        #37
TruRoux 88 heat pts88
space
space
$3,870 | Props total: 997 997
 4sonsofHorus said:
True DC has two under the franchise belt, Batman and Supes,

True

Debatable, These shows came out a grip ago but are classics, however, Wolverine and the X-Men, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Young Justice From DC, Honestly in this regard it is who you fu*ks with most, I like them all,

I'm still trying to figure out why there is no poll, and this is straight up and age old fan boy question,

Obviously DC has a longer Comic Book history than marvel, Both Marvel and DC borrow elements from each other to create characters this known.

I can tell a lot of you don't read the comics

Comic book Wise Batman is the truth let me rephrase DC is Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman (if you're into that) outside of that I don't fu*k with DC but respect them, Justice League and other New 52 Titles, Vid Game Injustice and the Arkham Asylum

IF you say you fu*k with super-man you don't, The movie, the TV. Show (TAS) outside of that no, And you def don't read the comic, That n*gga is wearing jeans now

I won't get into the power argument because that sh*t can and will go on forever. It just never set well with me as a shorty that A God could be weakened by a green rock, (Which Batman Has to G-Check Super-man) I will always respect DC and the Die Hard fans, but I grew up on

MARVEL,

X-MEN, Spider-Man, These shows as a shorty alone brought me to the Marvel Universe to discover who the fu*k they were,

Deadpool, Indestructible Hulk, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Silver Surfer, Reed Richards, Doctor Doom, Wolverine, Psylocke, Bishop, Venom, The Punisher, Doctor Stange, Thanos, DareDevil, Red She Hulk, Hank Pym,

The comics have come back in full force both DC and Marvel yet to clarify I AM MARVEL,
this debate will go on forever if anyone disagrees give me three valid reasons for a debate...

Well put homeslice.

This is a question you can argue every aspect over and over.

I think marvel may have slightly better characters. Their characters have shown more growth over the years than the DC ones. DC characters seem forever stuck in time with regards to what they have experienced. With with marvel, there are things that happen affecting the characters that affect future outcomes.

Ex. Peter parker has developed into an adult.
Tony Stark is a recovered alcoholic.
The death of professor x.
The death of Jean Grey and the slow breaking up of the x-men
Cyclops is now a bad guy.
Magneto has been a good guy more or less for the last 5 years. kinda.
Civil war and all the fallouts that involved.

Not to mention their ultimate line is progressing almost in real time. I think that's cool.

However, in my opinion, although they have better characters, DC has more powerful ones with overall better stories. That being, when there is a good run going in a dc storyline, it can be pretty damn good. Maybe because their stories are more confined to their own titles. Marvel events draw in too many books. I mean, DC for the most part has had the better writers.

I mean, Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns have done so much for Batman and Green Lantern respectively that you cant help but notice the significant end of eras when their time is up. They had a few other good writers floating around, like jeff lemeire, brian azzarello, judd winnick(when he's on, he's on) and this guy called Scott Snyder. I mean, marvel has Mark Waid(who is a powerhouse), Brian Michael Bendis(who can deliver more titles than is possible to conceive). Its really tough to call in the end here as well. For now I would give the story telling edge to DC. Only cuz Marvel Events give me vertigo.

Movies - You guys can argue this one as much as you like. Marvel did an amazing thing the way they put their movies together. But don't act like some of those movies weren't oversized a.ss. Fantastic Four. 1 and 2. Daredevil was arguably worse than Green Lantern. Hulk. The first one. Hulk. The second one. Don't act like that wasn't kinda a.ss too. X-men 3. Geez that sucked. Spiderman 3. Wolverine. Electra. I mean I know DC messed up with catwoman but c'mon.

I all fairness Marvel has made some really good movies as well. Iron man 1, Spiderman 2, X-Men first class, Blade 1 and 2, Kick a.ss, and Avengers were really good outputs.

DC just can compete in volume, but they do however have some credible knotches under their belt. Batman Begins, Constantine, Dark Knight, and Man of Steel were on point. Most of the rest were pretty sh*tty. To be fair I am leaving out the old classic DC movies like the donner superman cuts or the Keaton batman movies cuz Marvel wasn't on the big screen like that back then.

DC k!lls em in animation. No sense arguing.

My personal vote goes to DC.

There is no correct answer to this thread tho. Just arguments.
 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM         #38
Vincent Vega 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mannnnnn I'm Rollin wit marvel allllll day

Superman can be took out with some kryptonite, batman would get worked by spiderman/wolverine

Who fu*kin with black bolt? Open his mouth and disintegrate these fu*kas. Bruce banner smokin big green can't die. Oh and who takin out galactus devouring planets with his herald the surfer???
 4 years ago '04        #39
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
Make mine marvel
 4 years ago '06        #40
O-FICIAL 
space
space
$1,185 | Props total: 396 396
Marvel
Better overall catalog and cohesive universe.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
109 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy