DC vs. Marvel

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Indian Chick desixchick
13 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

who wins (overall - includes everything)
Marvel 145 70.39%
DC 61 29.61%
Voters: 206. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #221
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,560 | Props total: 9464 9464
 FrankAndBeans said:
No, that's not how it went down. The Living Tribunal teamed up with other Cosmics to send a single blast at Galactus and destroy him. Galactus would not have survived this blast if it wasn't for Reed Richards who intercepted the shot because the blast would have destroyed the Milky Way.
But they teamed up and he was a threat though right? A big enough threat they were willing to sacrifice the entire galaxy. Galactus fully fed just too much to handle for a hero with 0 feats.

bigscore said:
III. Speed

Alright well we’ll start with some strait line travel speed feats

Travel’s a just over a light year in seconds(or less)

[pic - click to view]

Travels half a million light years in seconds

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Crosses universe

[pic - click to view]

Searches the surface of the entire planet in a matter of seconds

[pic - click to view]

Can travel in seconds to any dimension that he's been too

[pic - click to view]

Surfer is able to mentally calculate the trajectory of a being in mid teleportation(not just moving fast, actually teleporting) and attack it upon its arrival stops flash dead in his tracks

[pic - click to view]

"When Flash travels the cosmos with is amazing speed...then we'll discuss this matter further."

"Silver Surfer once traveled so fast that he actually ripped a hole in the fabric of time and traveled to the past."
Did you just copy/paste someones whole post? Anyways flash could do all of that as well if were capable of running, in fact he's done the majority of those with relative easy some before he was even relatively close to his fastest. He doesn't need seconds he is faster than instantaneous travel across the universe.

Again he outran death "by outracing it to the end of time/space, past entropy, the next Big Bang and into the next Universe."

His speed is so immeasurable that he has moved and reacted by the attosecond (an attosecond is one quintillionth of a second. To put this in perspective, one attosecond is to one second, what one second is to the age of the universe.), and has even reacted and calculated by the zeptosecond (Which is one trillionth of one billionth of one second.) and has other feats of speed that are immeasurable.

[pic - click to view]

"Also, able to send anyone or anything into another dimension when running around them."

And he definitely has faster reaction/combat speed so I don't know why you even linked dodging missiles.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 07-02-2013 at 06:37 PM..
 4 years ago '09        #222
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,828 | Props total: 17925 17925
 Pakchoy said:
Thor beating Firestorm gtfoh.. Would never happen. How can thor beat firestorm when firestorm could alter the lighting strikes on a molecular level and turn them to snow or leaves falling from a tree. Firestorm has been one of the most underated characters in dc history. In issue 100 of his first series that ran 20+ years ago that n*gga was f!ghting on the sun. His heat level is hotter than that of the sun and it isnt affected by rain or lack of oxygen as is the human torch.

" one shot from Mjolnir would knock the Nuclear Man senseless."
 4 years ago '11        #223
space
space
 Fedor Christ said:
Flash is not going to outrun a telepathic mindwipe.
Now you're just cheating

Why you gotta do that to flash

He'll outrun it

But who has silver surfer actually mindwiped though, he holds back from doing sh*t like that from what I know. Flash steals his speed and runs off into the sunset happily ever after
 4 years ago '05        #224
velmc1 1 heat pts
space
space
$215 | Props total: 97 97
Ok, well since were going there, Marvel does have Galactus and celestials. BUT, if DC has characters such as Archangel Michael, Lucifer Morningstar, and the Spectre, that must mean the concept of GOD exists within DC where it doesn't really in Marvel. And i dare anyone to come with any character, your scarlet witches, franklin richards, celestials, whoever, who can challenge Him! Game, Set, Match...

p.s. not a copout. A very real threat to any Marvel character who would try to oppose HIM!
 4 years ago '10        #225
illement 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,482 | Props total: 1527 1527
 DaOmega_1 said:
Disagreed. The Dark Knight is still, in my eyes, a far superior film than ANYTHING Marve has ever put out.

I feel like DC has heroes that deal heavily in archetype and literary allusions. So, that alone makes their heroes seem more important and more culturally defining than ANY Marvel character outside of maybe Spider-Man.

For example, when "The death of Superman" storyline hit comic book stores, it was NOT just a comic book event. It was a cultural event. News outlets dedicated special reports about it, and it wasn't a "comic" thing. It was a "world" thing. I think, in my eyes, DC has more iconic heroes than Marvel.

And before you call me a fanboy, I grew up on Marvel, and can stand toe-to-toe with Marvel's biggest fans. But, looking at it from outside of myself, DC has Marvel beat.

We can talk "financially", but that stuff isn't a factor in my eyes. Just because Marvel has more films doesn't mean they are are better than the DC related films that have been released (with the notable exception of Green Lantern).

Have you heard of Captain America's death and how it was all over the news?!

Never mind. You don't know wtf you're talking about...

Michael 1987 said:
I was waiting for somebody to post him aint nobody fu*king with him. Marvel lost.
What an idiot

TruRoux said:
In terms of omnipotent characters it goes either way as well.

For example. DC has a MULTIVERSE that at one point was in cannon. There were AT LEAST 52 versions of Superman ALONE. Some of these variants had powers beyond belief. There is at least one variation of superman that could easily dispatch the silver surfer, and possibly Galactus.

This back and forth of who would win will never end.

You need serious limitations. OR specific match ups.

I like marvel's street level f!ghters. They might do well against the dc street levellers, providing their training didn't come from a certain wayne.

Marvel's geniuses are more clever than DC's. Only because everyone in Marvel is a borderline genius in one way or another, unless you are called thing or wolverine.

DC's powerhouses tho. Wayyyy too much for marvel to handle. For example. Superman should be able to take out the entire x-men. If not by himself, him and martian manhunter. Just because j'onn might be good for telepathic counter measures.

Superman, wonder woman, and aquaman could probably wreck the avengers. Superman takes hulk, wonder woman and thor go at it, and aquman deals with captain America, iron man, luke cage and the rest. I know it sounds too easy, but judging by the feats each has displayed, DC powerhouses are just too much.

If marvel was to stand a chance it would come down to Reed Richards, doom, tony stark, hank Pym, and maybe the entire pantheon of alternate Reed Richards' to do something.

OR they could press the cheat button and use franklin Richards. Who is the most ridiculously over powered (child) being in any realm. Plot induced stupidity at its finest.

These rambles will go on forever.
Nah fam Tony Stark could probably solo Aquaman. You forget Wanda is an Avenger, but even without her Aquaman will get handled. I dunno about Supes/Hulk, but Odin force Thor can take care of Wonder Woman. He has thousands of years of battle experience, you think an Amazonian really gon' stand a chance? sh*t, I think even Sif or Brunnhilde (Valkyrie) can take care of WW.

Peterparker said:
Dude stop it! Heath Ledgar's performance was the only oscar buzz before the release of the film and that was when he was announced dead. When Dark Knight came out everybody was talking about the Jokerand "I see why he k!lled himself cuz he was too good as the joker" You see the relation his death has too his hype?

Im a die heart Biggie fan but I can't deny his early demise might have boosted his sales n hype to Life After death(whichis one of the best lps I heard in my life)

And outside of Nolans 3 films and Burtons 89 Batman and the 1st Superman what else?? Don't say the new Superman cuz even tho I give it a 7/10....that sh*t is tanking bad amongst critics and has mixed reviews...basically the movie won't make a big impact on culture. Actually Batman Begins won't neither and TDKR. TDK,Batman 89, Superman already proved its impact.

I love how ppl forget DC films like Supergirl, or the sequels to Superman, or Steel or Bat n*pples and lets not even get into Green Latern.

Spider-Man 1,2,Iron Man 1, The Avengers are iconic films and made an impact on pop culture so you can't say they are just forgotton movies. Could probably throw X2 in the mix.

And you say nobody was talking about Captain America dying??? Stephan Colbert did and had the iconic shield on his set. I remember Times,NY Times, major media outlets running stories on Cap. You might need to google search since you a little out of touch with how pop culture.

Wonder Woman is iconic but Wonder Woman and Hulk had a tv series in the 70s. You know who was more popular? The Hulk?? Why?? He was a more interesting character then Wonder Woman.

Its a reason why DC hasn't made alot of movies. Cuz their characters can't cross overas easy as Marvel characters bottom line.

Look at hip-hop and look at cats like Wu-Tang w/ names like Tony Starks and Johnny Blaze...references to marvel characters. MF Doom based his whole career off of a marvel character. Big Pun aka Big Punisher...the female rapper Jean Grae.

Stan Lee has become an iconic figure himself based off the brand he created. Do ppl even know what the creators of Batman or Superman look like? Notice I have to keep referring to Batman n Superman.

Marvel characters speak to a wider audience point blank. Spider-Man was the 1st teenager super hero w/ teen problems....that spoke to the demographic who were buying comics. X-Men was a reflection of the plight of miniorites during the civil rights era. Professor X was a reflection of MLK, Magneto was Malcolm X...n*gga that's deep and no group in DC is as iconic as X-Men period. Nope not even Justice League

Ppl a.ssociate the term mutant w/ X-Men now....ppl know the hammer Thor carries around,ppl know the silver surf board,ppl know Dooms mask,ppl know Captain Americas shield,ppl know the skull symbol of The Punisher,ppl know Wolverine...c'mon we know the phrases "Clobberin Time" "Hulk Smash" " Bub" "With Great Power comes great responsibility" "The upside down kiss between Spidey n Mary Jane"

Name me something thats iconic from DC outside of Batman n Superman. You can start off w/ Wonder Woman GO!!
Dat ether
 4 years ago '05        #226
Neohuey89 
space
space
$2,657 | Props total: 669 669
I think both companies are very important for society. Personally I think DC has a better grasp at developing Super Heroes in terms of designs, powers, legacies (etc). DC also has a library of alternate reality stories that have been very good. Also I think DC has had a better hold on the next generation characters. Also DC has made it's presence known outside of comics with it's library of animated features.

I think Marvel has had a better grasp at making their characters come to life. Marvel takes the archetypes of DC heroes and then puts a spin on them that makes the characters someone people can relate too. I also think that Marvel characters have a stronger grasp at being historically relevant (Captain America and WWII/ X-men and Civil Rights/Gay Rights). Also I feel that the dynamic relationship that the heroes have with each other makes the universe a much more enjoyable experience.
 4 years ago '11        #227
space
space
 Fedor Christ said:
I can't recall the last time he did do a mindwipe but I do know that he has telepathic capabilities. He engaged Cable telepathically when they fought in Cable & Deadpool.

Surfer does a mindrape and not only makes Flash (any version, Barry, Wally, etc) think he's a ballet dancer, but Flash insists it's been that way for the last 10 years.

And.. Surely you jest. Flash is certainly not going speed steal Silver Surfer. He has NEVER done that to a character on the level of the Surfer bro.

That's like letting Flash speed steal from Thanos.
And I'm pretty sure surfer hasn't mindwiped anybody on flash's level, I'm sure there is a big difference in telepathic combat against cable who isn't moving vs a guy moving as fast as he wants to go.

And yeah I was mostly joking, but what do you mean he hasn't done it to anybody on surfers level, he stole speed from the entire planet including superman, jay garrick etc at the same damn time. While surfer hasn't "mindwiped" anybody that I can think of like you are describing, especially anybody remotely close to the flash. Not to mention flash is as smart as he wants to be. He could go invisible and try to send surfer to another dimension. Or he could be black flash freeze time while nobody can even see him

Just going by feats I don't see how either would be able to deal with the other, stalemate imo.

But galactus knows what's up he'd just take away surfers powers for being disrespectful all the time and let flash get the power cosmic

Last edited by whothebestmc; 07-03-2013 at 01:24 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #228
diggins1272 
space
space
space
$558 | Props total: 2 2
I say Marvel.
I like the stories and character development better in Marvel
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy