Jun 29 - Mississippi - Majority white town closing connector road to majority black town bc of crime

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #61
emanuel08 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,147 | Props total: 358 358
 KleanKutt100 said:
they are in depressing conditions like that. That's why I've always thought poor rural blacks have it worse than inner city blacks. I mean at least they are in cities with action going on or the tools they need to do better for themselves.

You can go through entire sections of Miss, Bama, GA, etc. with county after county of NOTHINGNESS, but it's worse in Miss.

Ive heard that one of the reasons why so many ppl are overweight in mississippi is because there aint much to do so ppl just eat out of boredom or just depression
 4 years ago '10        #62
tallulahmademe 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,926 | Props total: 9196 9196
 dmunson318 said:
If u live in tallulah then u might as well be in Mississippi. That sh*t ain't no different.
Its right next door but is like a totally different world. When we "black ppl" go over there, they usually treat everyone like sh*t and f!ghts usually will happen. Hell i even had to slap a racist mall cop there in 2009 because this n*gga followed us around the mall talking about yall have enough bags and i dont see yall buying anymore so yall could leave. We like wtf and dude really tried to pull/push me out that bi*ch. He caught like 4 solid to da head and we ran before the real cops came. Crazy thing is, i was dressed in a shirt and tie because we had just left a church in Vicksburg, MS so i didnt even look like the "hoodlum" they viewed me as
 4 years ago '11        #63
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
 nupe1911 said:
Arkansas, Louisiana, and Alabama looks like this too. The south is no joke but I still love it. It's home and it all I know. You just have to find a better way to provide for yourself...which is easier said than done.
never been north of gulfport/biloxi but if the rest of miss is like bama then sheeeit

i thought north fl/south ga was bad but god damn. it must be damn near impossible to leave some of the towns i drove through in alabama. NO upward mobility whatsoever. NONE.
 4 years ago '10        #64
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,863 | Props total: 13637 13637
in the deep south poverty is a mind state that A LOT of ppl can't shake off. Ppl too consumed with getting over the system, ghetto balling, clubbing, getting high while breeding more kids into this sad cycle. It's depressing, contagious and I see it damn near everyday. I'm really considering moving to Cali.
 4 years ago '07        #65
young mad 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,564 | Props total: 7448 7448
 Play4keepz32 said:
Its just like camden philly blacks move in trash the place whites move out and prosper... Camden nj is the perfect example which was once a great city woth many cultures soon became overun with blacks city got sh*tty whites started moving out and now its nothing but a sh*thole

if you're going to mention this say the whole truth...Camden started to decline after companies left in the late 60s...RCA-Victor, namely. The only company that stayed was Campbell's.

Once these manufacturing plants left, that's when the unemployment rose and quality of living is correlated as well.

Don't just but the blame on "blacks", it is more of an economic issue, but maybe that would be too hard for you to understand..
 06-30-2013, 03:36 PM         #66
junior412 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol@majority white town... clinton is damn near half black if that city was in any other state it would be considered a black city
 06-30-2013, 04:31 PM         #67
KnockinOnHD2001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 06-30-2013, 05:01 PM         #68
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KleanKutt100 said:

CLINTON, MS- Mississippi News Now is reporting that Clinton, MS is cutting off access to Jackson, MS by closing down a main road that connects the two towns. The reason why is due to the influx of criminal activity from Jackson that has plagued Clinton in the last few years. Clinton, MS is a majority White city with only slightly more than 20 percent of its population being African-American. Jackson, MS is a majority African-American city with close to 80 percent of its population being African-American.

Mike Cashion, an Alderman from the Ward 6 district created the plan after residents complained of the high crime rates. He states, “Overwhelming support. They realize too, this isn’t going to be a cure all. This isn’t [going to] stop everything but it is a great first step.”

Over the years, residents have complained that crimes such as drugs and robberies were spilling over into their neighborhood from the high crime town of Jackson.

One homeowner Jim Coker supports the town’s initiative. He told Mississippi News Now, “Just since the day before Thanksgiving, when our house was broken into, I’ve lost track of how many but it’s up around eight to a dozen.”

Coker also mentioned that his home wasn’t the only one broken into, but several of his neighbor’s homes were burglarized in the last several months.

Cashion, who says he doesn’t liken the division to the Berlin Wall told Mississippi News Now, “All we’re trying to do is close the street to reduce a.ssess into the subdivision…that simple.”

He also states that the closure won’t prevent all criminal activity. To make the city of Clinton much more safe, the police department was recently approved for over time, and security and surveillance cameras were installed throughout his neighborhood and other places in the city.

If the plan goes through, Eastside Drive’s access to Shaw Road in Clinton will close in a few weeks. Shaw road divides Clinton and Jackson.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I'm sorry, but do these n*ggas speak English? I did not understand 1 word.
 06-30-2013, 05:22 PM         #69
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dreamvillain said:
It's crazy that this is in the United States in 2013...you wouldn't believe it.
BUT WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT!!!!!!
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '12        #70
KleanKutt100 151 heat pts151 OP
space
space
$4,717 | Props total: 2570 2570
They didnt say clinton was all white, just majority white. According to city-data.com, Clinton is 33.8% black. That's still majority white and sure, that would be considered a "black" city in most states, but not the deep south. Plus, 33.8% is still a hell of a lot lower than the 80% black that Jackson is. I'm willing to bet a higher % of those blacks in Clinton are more educated (tolerable) than the low income blacks in Jackson to those white people. So they are trying to close this road to cut back crime to this one specific part of Clinton, which probably wont work anyway.
 4 years ago '10        #71
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1616 1616
sh*t's just depressing

Never thought the South was like that
 4 years ago '12        #72
space
space
 dreamvillain said:
sh*t's just depressing

In my area the city of Warner Robins, Georgia (only 30+ % black, military town, suburban) does not want to be a.ssociated with Macon, Georgia (60+ % black) so much that they were able to get themselves to be officially classified as their own metro area...even though the cities are like 10 mins apart or closer dependin on what side of town. It bugged them that much to have ANY a.ssociation.
 4 years ago '12        #73
space
space
People come to these big a.ss cities like ATL, N.O. talkin bout they went to the south.

you aint been down south til you been in the backwoods in towns where alotta times the only form of nightlife they have is "American Legion" buildings that n*ggas throw parties in on the weekend.

seem like I been to "the legion" in bout 30 damn towns in middle and south ga. Them sh*ts go off sometimes.

Milledgeville, GA American Legion

[video - click to view]

Sparta, GA American Legion

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #74
damn_ryght 
space
space
$2,805 | Props total: 785 785
that video just shows me why it needs to be blocked off...damn black people takin the L on this one
 4 years ago '10        #75
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,863 | Props total: 13637 13637
 dreamvillain said:
sh*t's just depressing

sh*t aint too much changed down here homie, an unending tragedy
 4 years ago '06        #76
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,430 | Props total: 788 788
 AbbyZ512 said:
Considering how spread out and rural Mississippi is. It's possible there could be only one major road to Jackson. Closing it off could reduce the amount of influx dramatically.
Clearly you've never been to Jackson or Clinton, MS....its not spread out and or rural. There are around 12 routes into Clinton on either side.
 4 years ago '06        #77
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18791 18791
What a blatantly racist and outright disrespectful proposal...

I say again.. . Effectively, fu*k the south .. It's still 1952 in many towns down there...
 4 years ago '10        #79
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,110 | Props total: 1269 1269
 KleanKutt100 said:

0:58 the two piece and biscuit gets represented
 4 years ago '11        #80
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
smh...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy