Sony explains PlayStation Plus requirement for PS4 online

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #81
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
yeah that part about Netflix was written badly.. Pretty sure u won't need PSN+ for apps like jack said
 4 years ago '05        #82
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7012 7012
I have no problem with this before launch plan to set my membership two years out.
 4 years ago '07        #83
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,670 | Props total: 17917 17917
 The N said:
First of PSN is no where near 20 year old like xbl, it is unproven its a baby still
It was hacked very recently and Sony doesnt know anything about Networking
Why would gamers actually want to pay when it will never be seen as better than XBL?.

You will never say it, no xbox gamer only will say it, the entire industry will never say it
So whats th point?. All I see is Sony finding a way to force PS+ on their gamers
The online experience will be no different watch, they just added the ps+ value as a selling point.

If they give the actual Gaiki streaming service as part of PS+ that would be dope but guaranteed you that Will be another subscription feed, they aint hit people with that yet.
 4 years ago '04        #84
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 killababi said:
That ego dude is right tho, it doesnt have to say "to" after access as far as what the original post says.

"The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online and access streaming services like Netflix."

If that part doesnt relate to the beginning the sentence no longer makes any sense at all.

Everything after and before the commas was a comparison and taking that out doesnt change what that original author stated.

But yea i know it was stated before u wouldnt need PS+ to watch Netflix, hope that remains true.
 Krazie said:
I saw this thread earlier yesterday and perceived it exactly as you did, because it's simple and proper english.

I decided to just stay out of it because 20 people would try and break down the sentence in an improper way. I'm glad you took it upon yourself though. Lol.

I've been a journalist for years, and this article clearly stated that PS+ would operate like Xbox Live and would be required for online to function, along with streaming services.

We know that's not true, but that's what THIS article states. As e G o stated, take it up with the author (or if you still don't understand the English language, contact your past elementary teachers for a review course).
 killababi said:

and i was pissed when i read the original post the first time too
 illement said:
Y'all n*ggas arguing about sentence structure

That n*gga e G o is right though. The AUTHOR fu*ked up, not him. The way it's written does make you think that you need a paywall to access Netflix on PS4, which is not true. Sam Loveridge is an idiot.
Thank you. Can't believe that idiot tried to argue with me about that sh*t.
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #85
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
 Prince Ace said:
it never took me more than an hour to DL anything on my PS3, the only real difference i've experienced were the communities. and i'm not comfortable paying for either online service to be honest, but i'd rather pay for PS+ than pay for and XBL gold account
Never had a problem with download speeds on psn
 4 years ago '10        #86
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
It could have been clearer but maybe yall just lack knowledge of the English language like I said

The sentence could also be written simply as a list.

The Ps4 will:
require PS+ for MP
access streaming services like Netflix

Knowledge of the English sentence structure and common sense would make that point obvious. We can see who reads a lot and who doesn't by the people who didn't understand
 4 years ago '04        #87
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
It could have been clearer but maybe yall just lack knowledge of the English language like I said

The Ps4 will:
require PS+ for MP

Knowledge of the English sentence structure and common sense would make that point obvious. We can see who reads a lot and who doesn't by the people who didn't understand
I'm sorry, but nothing you said makes ANY sense.
 4 years ago '05        #88
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,906 | Props total: 21058 21058
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:

The Ps4 will:
require PS+ for MP

You are really dumb.

Even if you wanted to "write the sentence as a list", it would be:

The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for:
gamers to play online
and access streaming services like Netflix.

Which can also be written as: "The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online and access streaming services like Netflix."

That's without changing a single word from the author, except for removing the part about Xbox Live, which really isn't needed for the sentence to complete the thought (since in this instance, that phrase is a prepositional phrase just for comparison sake).

There's no argument here, the author fu*ked up the sentence. The more you argue about it is not helping your case.
 4 years ago '12        #89
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,071 | Props total: 17369 17369
We always said never bring up Math and/or try to solve math problems on boxden...and now....we can never discuss the proper use of the english language.

Who gives a sh*t man y'all really made a thread go 5 pages over what some other n*gga typed/wrote....and he ain't even on this mafu*ka to defend that sh*t...just arguing for the sake of fu*king arguing.
 4 years ago '05        #90
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,906 | Props total: 21058 21058
 OG k!lla said:
We always said never bring up Math and/or try to solve math problems on boxden...and now....we can never discuss the proper use of the english language.

Who gives a sh*t man y'all really made a thread go 5 pages over what some other n*gga typed/wrote....and he ain't even on this mafu*ka to defend that sh*t...just arguing for the sake of fu*king arguing.
It's not much of an argument if one side is clearly wrong.

One person is arguing, everyone else is simply correcting him.
 4 years ago '12        #91
space
space
 Krazie said:
It's not much of an argument if one side is clearly wrong.

One person is arguing, everyone else is simply correcting him.
I know fam but the n*gga who wrote the article ain't even on this bi*ch.

I bet he prolly read this thread and just burst into laughter...

Lord .5 mercy boxden got some plainintudo.
 4 years ago '06        #92
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
Ok so we're a.ssuming that because on PS3 (which had free online) netflix wasn't behind a pay wall that on the PS4 (which has subscription sales to worry about) netflix still won't be behind a pay wall? Anyone has a source that confirms this, or are we just hoping?
 4 years ago '04        #93
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Kingme said:
Ok so we're a.ssuming that because on PS3 (which had free online) netflix wasn't behind a pay wall that on the PS4 (which has subscription sales to worry about) netflix still won't be behind a pay wall? Anyone has a source that confirms this, or are we just hoping?
Well the way Sony originally said it, they said the only thing that would be behind the paywall is online play and the other benefits PS+ already brings. So we can take their word for it that also includes Netflix.
 4 years ago '11        #94
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,214 | Props total: 5386 5386
 e G o Maniac said:
And when have you ever been on Xbox Live?
 4 years ago '06        #95
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
the comas in this incense are purely rhetorical to the sentence structure..the part about the xbox is coincidental to the main point being made...

to put it simply, this:

The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online, like the Xbox Live Gold subscription at present, and access streaming services like Netflix.

can be simplified and turned into this:

"Like the xbox and access streaming services like Netflix, Gold subscription at present and the ps4 will require a Playstation Plus for gamers to play online."

the author just didnt profeed the article, which ended up causing confusion...
 4 years ago '12        #96
space
space
 coolio said:
the comas in this incense are purely rhetorical to the sentence structure..the part about the xbox is coincidental to the main point being made...

to put it simply, this:

"Like the xbox and access streaming services like Netflix, Gold subscription at present and the ps4 will require a Playstation Plus for gamers to play online."

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #97
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
if u use it as a verb, it means to revise
 4 years ago '06        #98
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
 coolio said:

to put it simply, this:

06-29-2013, 07:31 PM         #99
M4Maytion  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well that seals it, I am getting neither the XboxOne nor the PS4.

4 years ago '07        #100
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,620 | Props total: 3947 3947
 The N said:
I bet you if gamers cry and moan they would change it back
But they are in a 399.99 trance they wont fu*k up the vibe
Right now its all going too good go to bring up drama.

Xbox fans will sh*t on this either way, sony cant win either way
You look at it, an xbox super fanatic will never fuvk with psn
I can already see the future post "new psn is trash and ya pay for that sh*t",
Same ones that always said "you get what you paid for", psn will always be inferior no matter what.
why bi*ch about a service that gave me 64 games free in a years' time...

they was already trying to hate, but we've diffused that long time ago.

the benefits of plus goes beyond live.

and most apps and f2p games wont even require it..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
199 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo Switch - Life in colour
7 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy