Sony explains PlayStation Plus requirement for PS4 online

most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #61
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
From another article,

The multiplayer restrictions bring PS Plus closer in line with the current implementation of Xbox Live Gold, save for a few important differences: for one, video services (like Netflix) will not require it.

[pic - click to view]

Same sh*t said here. Stay in school bruh bruh. Your stanning is making you retarded
OK, that's THAT article. I'm talking about the article referenced in this thread. If we're going strictly based on that article, then what I said remains true. Another article that states something completely different (within accurate confines of the English language) doesn't change sh*t about what I said. Again, take it up with the author. Either they're wrong, or they didn't word it correctly. Either way, my interpretation stands. You can't argue semantics.
 4 years ago '10        #62
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8298 8298
It's not semantics. It's called "knowledge of the English language and its sentence structure".

"And to access" would have made what you said correct, but alas, it didn't say that.
 4 years ago '04        #63
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,819 | Props total: 17212 17212
 e G o Maniac said:
I downloaded 11GB of Battlefield data in 1.5 hours, and that was on Xbox Live. If I extrapolate that to 17GB and considered that I'd likely get faster speeds on PC, I'd say it wouldn't take much longer than 2 hours. It wouldn't be under 2 hours, but it wouldn't be much over 2 hours, either.
i've done that on psn..i downloaded sleeping dogs and saints row 3 for free and they both werer no more than an hour not counting maybe another 5 minutes for install at most
 4 years ago '04        #64
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
It's not semantics. It's called "knowledge of the English language and its sentence structure".
... um, you just defined semantics. You don't even know what you're talking about.

Let me make it painfully clear.

The article from the original post in this thread said one thing. The excerpt from the article you posted says something else. That doesn't mean my interpretation of the original article was wrong, it just means that the information in said article conflicts with information from another article. What you're talking about are discrepancies, not semantics. Learn the differences. Stop trying to challenge me on this.
 4 years ago '04        #65
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:

"And to access" would have made what you said correct, but alas, it didn't say that.
I didn't alter anything from that original quote:

"The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online, like the Xbox Live Gold subscription at present, and access streaming services like Netflix."

Cross-reference that with the text from the original post and tell me it didn't say that.
 4 years ago '10        #66
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8298 8298

EDIT:

"The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online, like the Xbox Live Gold subscription at present, and (THERE IS NO "to" HERE MEANING THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP TO THE "require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online") access streaming services like Netflix."

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 06-29-2013 at 02:06 AM..
 4 years ago '06        #67
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,880 | Props total: 2718 2718
 e G o Maniac said:
I'm talking more about download speeds. And ask people who played MGO, Mag, and Socom Confrontation how "great" the servers for those games were.
MGO had their own sh*tty servers though. Konami was also horrible when it comes to bans and sh*t like that. Glitchers ran that game to the ground. No doubt that game was laggy but was still the best multiplayer I have ever played.

Download speeds on the PSN are sh*tty though. But when it comes to actual gameplay, there really is no difference between the two.

Them download speeds are inconsistent on PSN too. I have friends who downloaded The Last of Us in 2 hours and it takes me about 6 hours to download Hitman Absolution which was 17 GB.

Last edited by Trap$tar; 06-29-2013 at 03:16 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #68
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,819 | Props total: 17212 17212
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
From another article,

The multiplayer restrictions bring PS Plus closer in line with the current implementation of Xbox Live Gold, save for a few important differences: for one, video services (like Netflix) will not require it.

[pic - click to view]

Same sh*t said here. Stay in school bruh bruh. Your stanning is making you retarded

And you obviously DON'T do this for a living

Sony >>>>
 4 years ago '04        #69
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:

EDIT:

"The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online, like the Xbox Live Gold subscription at present, and (THERE IS NO "to" HERE MEANING THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP TO THE "require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online") access streaming services like Netflix."
That ego dude is right tho, it doesnt have to say "to" after access as far as what the original post says.

"The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online and access streaming services like Netflix."

If that part doesnt relate to the beginning the sentence no longer makes any sense at all.

Everything after and before the commas was a comparison and taking that out doesnt change what that original author stated.

But yea i know it was stated before u wouldnt need PS+ to watch Netflix, hope that remains true.

Last edited by killababi; 06-29-2013 at 05:32 AM..
 06-29-2013, 05:37 AM         #70
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
During multiplayer games, I never notice a difference between PSN and XBL. However, there is a difference in the download times. PSN has a tendency to take a long amount of time to download things. I say a tendency because it's never consistent. Sometimes it will take a few minutes to download something that a few gigs while other times it will take an hour or two. smh.
nicca stfu

u dont play MP on PSN and u damn sure dont play on XBL so stop bullshyttin f*ggot
 4 years ago '05        #71
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,882 | Props total: 20920 20920
 e G o Maniac said:
"The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online, like the Xbox Live Gold subscription at present, and access streaming services like Netflix."

Let's break this down.

The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online,

like the Xbox Live Gold subscription at present,

and access streaming services like Netflix.

There are line breaks at each comma, meaning the original author meant to break this thought up into three separate points.

The first point is our primary subject. PS4 will require a PS+ subscription for gamers to play online.

COMMA

"Like the Xbox Live Gold subscription at present," -- this statement is seen as a tangent, of sorts, that is directly linked to the aforementioned. At this point, we are met with another comma, which means the author is continuing their original point.

"and access streaming services like Netflix."

That line, if we're going by the rules of the a.ssociated Press, is a continuation of the first.

I do this for a living. Like I said, take it up with the author if you want, but you're wrong. Simple as that.
I saw this thread earlier yesterday and perceived it exactly as you did, because it's simple and proper english.

I decided to just stay out of it because 20 people would try and break down the sentence in an improper way. I'm glad you took it upon yourself though. Lol.

I've been a journalist for years, and this article clearly stated that PS+ would operate like Xbox Live and would be required for online to function, along with streaming services.

We know that's not true, but that's what THIS article states. As e G o stated, take it up with the author (or if you still don't understand the English language, contact your past elementary teachers for a review course).

Last edited by Krazie; 06-29-2013 at 05:43 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #72
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
 Krazie said:
I saw this thread earlier yesterday and perceived it exactly as you did, because it's simple and proper english.

I decided to just stay out of it because 20 people would try and break down the sentence in an improper way. I'm glad you took it upon yourself though. Lol.

I've been a journalist for years, and this article clearly stated that PS+ would operate like Xbox Live and would be required for online to function, along with streaming services.

We know that's not true, but that's what THIS article states. As e G o stated, take it up with the author (or if you still don't understand the English language, contact your past elementary teachers for a review course).

and i was pissed when i read the original post the first time too
 4 years ago '05        #73
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,066 | Props total: 10750 10750
 OG k!lla said:
Sounds like you got the sh*tty connection

was on a newsgroup and was able to procure a 17gb game (for rental purposes of course) in 40 minutes.
 4 years ago '04        #74
deziking 80 heat pts80
space
space
$19,550 | Props total: 5151 5151
I think main reason is the hackers.
 4 years ago '05        #75
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,066 | Props total: 10750 10750
 erickonasis said:
2 xbox 360 games (which vary in size) but we'll say 17gbs for both (an hour a piece) will take at least 2 hours ..not uncommon and i have comcast.

if you can download 17 gbs worth of data in under 2 hours then you need to let me in on your secret
newsgroups
 06-29-2013, 07:29 AM         #76
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:

was on a newsgroup and was able to procure a 17gb game (for rental purposes of course) in 40 minutes.

At least now we can finally compare the two services fairly. Before it was an apples to oranges comparison because MS offered their service for a cost and Sony for free. MS of course was going to have the better service in that case.

Now that both are offering the service at cost, we can compare them fairly. Sony has no excuse for providing fast download speeds and lag free gaming.
 4 years ago '04        #77
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,752 | Props total: 1566 1566
damn Pachter still batting @ 1000 he called this years ago aswell starting to look at him different

Damn guess I'll be sitting ps4's online out then not paying for xbl gold and psn+
 4 years ago '12        #78
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,984 | Props total: 17106 17106
 P-Hill said:

Bro thats why I didn't even reply to that dumb a.ss n*gga. I just let him sink his own battleship, much like his father before him
 4 years ago '10        #79
illement 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 1526 1526
Y'all n*ggas arguing about sentence structure

That n*gga e G o is right though. The AUTHOR fu*ked up, not him. The way it's written does make you think that you need a paywall to access Netflix on PS4, which is not true. Sam Loveridge is an idiot.
 4 years ago '08        #80
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17159 17159
 e G o Maniac said:
Crying and moaning won't do anything because Sony's biggest competitor is able to charge more for less and somehow still get more than 40 million people on board. It's not like the DRM and online check-in issue where a vast majority of people said "fu*k that." Paying for online is something that Sony knows it can get away with especially since it's cheaper (if you buy all 12 months at once) and offers more value in terms of the free games.

People should actually be wanting this. Xbox Live has always had an edge over PSN, dating back to the Xbox and PS2, and there's a reason for that. Microsoft invests that money back into the service, just like they should. Sony will now be able to do the same and create a much better online experience than what the PS3 provided.

First of PSN is no where near 20 year old like xbl, it is unproven its a baby still
It was hacked very recently and Sony doesnt know anything about Networking
Why would gamers actually want to pay when it will never be seen as better than XBL?.

You will never say it, no xbox gamer only will say it, the entire industry will never say it
So whats th point?. All I see is Sony finding a way to force PS+ on their gamers
The online experience will be no different watch, they just added the ps+ value as a selling point.

If they give the actual Gaiki streaming service as part of PS+ that would be dope but guaranteed you that Will be another subscription feed, they aint hit people with that yet.

Last edited by The N; 06-29-2013 at 09:17 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now