Sony explains PlayStation Plus requirement for PS4 online

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-28-2013, 10:34 PM         #1
6833 pageviews
140 comments

HDBeatz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sony explains PlayStation Plus requirement for PS4 online

Sony has explained the reasoning behind requiring PlayStation Plus subscriptions for online gaming with the PS4.

The PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription for gamers to play online, like the Xbox Live Gold subscription at present, and access streaming services like Netflix.

However, Sony has explained the reasoning behind the new paywall, saying the PS4 online gaming network requires “a large investment of resources.”

“The main pillar for the PS4 will be online play,” said Yoshida. “We’re developing many new ways to play and connect which requires a large investment of resources.”

Currently, PS3 online gaming is free, with a PlayStation Plus subscription an option affair that lets users gain access to a free Instant Game Collection, full game trials, PlayStation Store discounts and other benefits.

“Considering the cost, to try to keep such a service free and consequently lower the quality would be absurd. We decided if that’s the case, then it would be better to receive proper payment and continue to offer a good service.”

The PlayStation Plus service for the PS3 costs £11.99 every 90 days or £39.99 per annum. It is unknown whether the price of the PlayStation Plus subscription will rise for the PS4. Current memberships will transfer to the PS4 from the PS3 though.

The PlayStation Plus account will be mandatory for anything that offers “realtime online play”, but anything outside this remit would be available to non-members on the PS4, which sounds fairly cryptic but similar to the functioning of the Xbox Live Gold and Silver tiers.

Yoshida did say that the PS4 would allow all users to reap the benefits of PlayStation Plus as long as the main account on that PS4 console had a subscription.

visit this link Sony explains why PS Plus is required for PS4 online play

140 comments for "Sony explains PlayStation Plus requirement for PS4 online"

4 years ago '04        #2
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,662 | Props total: 515 515
At least they're not bullsh*tting about it. PS3 cats will finally be able to see why Xbox heads been happy to pay $50-60 (less if you know how to capitalize on deals) a year for Xbox Live. Server costs ain't cheap, it takes money to provide an excellent online experience and that money ain't coming from nowhere.
 4 years ago '08        #3
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,484 | Props total: 17038 17038
I bet you if gamers cry and moan they would change it back
But they are in a 399.99 trance they wont fu*k up the vibe
Right now its all going too good go to bring up drama.

Xbox fans will sh*t on this either way, sony cant win either way
You look at it, an xbox super fanatic will never fuvk with psn
I can already see the future post "new psn is trash and ya pay for that sh*t",
Same ones that always said "you get what you paid for", psn will always be inferior no matter what.

Last edited by The N; 06-28-2013 at 10:46 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #4
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 The N said:
I bet you if gamers cry and moan they would change it back
But they are in a 399.99 trance they wont fu*k up the vibe
Right now its all going too good go bring up drama.
Crying and moaning won't do anything because Sony's biggest competitor is able to charge more for less and somehow still get more than 40 million people on board. It's not like the DRM and online check-in issue where a vast majority of people said "fu*k that." Paying for online is something that Sony knows it can get away with especially since it's cheaper (if you buy all 12 months at once) and offers more value in terms of the free games.

People should actually be wanting this. Xbox Live has always had an edge over PSN, dating back to the Xbox and PS2, and there's a reason for that. Microsoft invests that money back into the service, just like they should. Sony will now be able to do the same and create a much better online experience than what the PS3 provided.
 4 years ago '04        #5
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,781 | Props total: 17145 17145
 e G o Maniac said:
At least they're not bullsh*tting about it. PS3 cats will finally be able to see why Xbox heads been happy to pay $50-60 (less if you know how to capitalize on deals) a year for Xbox Live. Server costs ain't cheap, it takes money to provide an excellent online experience and that money ain't coming from nowhere.
...i got good service plus free games...fu*kare you talking about? and i had xbox live ...sh*t was no difference but n*ggas talking sh*t and more racists and kids
 4 years ago '12        #6
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,301 | Props total: 3982 3982
As long as it makes the online better
 4 years ago '12        #7
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,301 | Props total: 3982 3982
 erickonasis said:
...i got good service plus free games...fu*kare you talking about? and i had xbox live ...sh*t was no difference but n*ggas talking sh*t and more racists and kids
Stop lying.
 4 years ago '04        #8
space
space
 Austin Foyt said:
Stop lying.
truth...i really dont see why n*ggas say xbox live is better...i online play bf3 online and i have had ZERo issues playing that sh*t online....only time i've had problems is COD games and i could give a fu*k about them.

Usually the downtime maintenance time i am at work
 4 years ago '04        #9
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 erickonasis said:
Everyone I know with both PSN and Xbox Live talk about how long it takes to download sh*t, even something as simple as an update, on PSN compred to Xbox Live. sh*t takes me like 5 minutes to download a game update sometimes, Xbox Live more like 5 seconds. I will never forget the Metal Gear Online updates. I had to sit there and wait overnight for that sh*t to get done. Download speeds are way better on Xbox Live compared to PSN. And some games might be better than others when it comes to connection, but I've generally had more problems on PSN compared to Xbox Live.
 4 years ago '04        #10
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
Everyone I know with both PSN and Xbox Live talk about how long it takes to download sh*t, even something as simple as an update, on PSN compred to Xbox Live. sh*t takes me like 5 minutes to download a game update sometimes, Xbox Live more like 5 seconds. I will never forget the Metal Gear Online updates. I had to sit there and wait overnight for that sh*t to get done. Download speeds are way better on Xbox Live compared to PSN. And some games might be better than others when it comes to connection, but I've generally had more problems on PSN compared to Xbox Live.
yall motherfu*kers talk about ho long it takes to download sh*t must have sh*tty connections

I just downloaded Saints Row 3 for free which is about 8 gbs and it took me about 45 mins...thinking about making a vid of this sh*t

I never dl without being wired
 4 years ago '05        #11
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
XBL servers > PSN servers (atm)

with the paid service, this should bring parity
 4 years ago '04        #12
space
space
online the EVER took major time for me to download on psn was DCU online...other than that i've never spent more than an hour downloading one item...i'ma make a vid over the holiday
 4 years ago '07        #13
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,627 | Props total: 17857 17857
 erickonasis said:
yall motherfu*kers talk about ho long it takes to download sh*t must have sh*tty connections

I just downloaded Saints Row 3 for free which is about 8 gbs and it took me about 45 mins...thinking about making a vid of this sh*t

and theres just as many racists and kids on PSN they just dont have mics.
 4 years ago '04        #14
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 erickonasis said:

Trust me, I don't have a sh*tty connection These are just my experiences. Some people always better than others, but more often than not it's always Xbl > PSN
 4 years ago '11        #15
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
During multiplayer games, I never notice a difference between PSN and XBL. However, there is a difference in the download times. PSN has a tendency to take a long amount of time to download things. I say a tendency because it's never consistent. Sometimes it will take a few minutes to download something that a few gigs while other times it will take an hour or two. smh.
 4 years ago '04        #16
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Jesszman said:
During multiplayer games, I never notice a difference between PSN and XBL. However, there is a difference in the download times. PSN has a tendency to take a long amount of time to download things. I say a tendency because it's never consistent. Sometimes it will take a few minutes to download something that a few gigs while other times it will take an hour or two. smh.
You're straight up lying if you say it takes a "few minutes" to download a "few gigs". And when have you ever been on Xbox Live?
 4 years ago '05        #17
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
the sh*tty connection excuse... I love it
 4 years ago '06        #18
Prince Ace 35 heat pts35
space
space
$15,717 | Props total: 8899 8899
it never took me more than an hour to DL anything on my PS3, the only real difference i've experienced were the communities. and i'm not comfortable paying for either online service to be honest, but i'd rather pay for PS+ than pay for and XBL gold account
 4 years ago '11        #19
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 e G o Maniac said:
You're straight up lying if you say it takes a "few minutes" to download a "few gigs". And when have you ever been on Xbox Live?
Did you read the part where I said download speeds are inconsistent? Or the part where I said it takes me hours too?
 4 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 Prince Ace said:
it never took me more than an hour to DL anything on my PS3, the only real difference i've experienced were the communities. and i'm not comfortable paying for either online service to be honest, but i'd rather pay for PS+ than pay for and XBL gold account
This.....i dont know where xbots are getting this overnight sh*t from
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy